(CELL PHONE RINGING)
(手♥机♥响起)
Alistair, hello. Hello, Henry.
阿利斯泰尔,你好。 你好,亨利
Hold on one second.
等一下
Chancellor of the Exchequer.
财政大臣
I understand Barclays is one of your potential buyers for Lehman.
我明白巴克莱是雷曼的潜在买♥♥家之一
My banks are already under a great deal of stress.
我的银行已经不堪重压
I don’t want to become overextended.
我不想开支过度
Lehman is problematic, but there’s value there.
雷曼是有些问题,可它的价值还在
We will find a way to make it attractive. Just stay with us.
你会发现它其实很诱人。支持我们吧
Talk soon then.
再说吧
Bye.
再见
We’ll keep Barclays in the mix, but B of A is still our best bet.
巴克莱还在谈,美国银行依旧是最好的选择
2008年9月12日
星期五
We’ve got the CEOs of every major bank coming here tonight.
今晚我们把所有大型银行的CEO聚拢来
We have to make it clear that this is their problem,
他们应该知道这是他们自己的问题
that we are their advisors and their allies,
我们只是顾问和支持者
but we are not their safety net.
可不是他们的安保
What should we expect from these guys?
能期待他们些什么?
HENRY PAULSON: Jamie is smart.
亨利·保尔森:杰米很聪明
He doesn’t have as much cash to work with since he bought Bear.
从买♥♥了贝尔斯登后他就没那么多现金了
摩根大通董事长兼首席执行官
杰米·戴蒙
Lloyd’s a superstar.
劳埃德.是巨星
GoIdman’s the smartest shop on the block.
高盛是这些金融大佬里头最鸡贼的
And just because I used to be his boss, it doesn’t mean he’s gonna listen to me.
不会因为我曾经是他的上司,他就会听我的
高盛董事长兼首席执行官
劳埃德•布兰克费恩
John Mack, he used to run around the floor screaming,
约翰·马克,他过去常满楼咆哮着
“There’s blood in the water! Let’s go kill someone!”
“水里有血!咱们去开杀戒!”
摩根士丹利董事长兼CEO
约翰·马克
He’s a fighter.
他是个斗士
Thain was my number two at GoIdman. He’s selfish. He’s a pragmatist.
塞恩是我心里高盛的二号♥人物。自私的实务派
美林董事长兼CEO
约翰·塞恩
He knows if Lehman goes, Merrill’s next.
他明白雷曼既亡,美林不远
Vikram Pandit is the new guy at Citigroup.
维克拉姆·潘迪特是花旗集团的新人
花旗集团CEO
维克拉姆·潘迪特
No one knows if he’s running Citi or if Citi’s running him.
没人知道是他在掌控花旗还是花旗控制住了他
Thanks for coming down here on such short notice.
感谢大家在临时通知下赶来
Monday morning, Lehman will no longer be able to honor its obligations.
周一早晨,雷曼不用再履行自己的职务
We have two potential buyers. B of A and Barclays.
我们手头有巴克莱和美国银行两个意愿买♥♥家
Neither will take the company unless someone else finances part of the deal.
谁都不肯买♥♥下雷曼,除非其他金融大佬也筹资参与进来
The government is not in a position to step in.
政♥府♥展现了不介入的姿态
I did the last one. You’re gonna do this one.
上一个我买♥♥单了,这一个你们得上
Where’s Dick Fuld?
迪克·福尔德呢?
Dick’s in no condition to make any decisions.
迪克已经做不了决定了
TIM GEITHNER: We’re breaking you into three groups.
提姆盖特纳:我们把你们分成了三组
The first one will try to value Lehman’s toxic assets.
第一组评估雷曼的不良资产
The second one will work on some sort of structure for you all to invest in Lehman.
第二组弄清楚你们对雷曼的投资
And the third one works on the lights-out plan.
第三组实施熄灯计划
If Lehman files for bankruptcy, we need to figure out
若是雷曼申请破产,我们需要弄明白
how to contain the damage to the rest of you.
怎样能让大家来遏制损害
Christ.
我的天
We’ve all seen this coming for miles.
我们不远千里聚集来看这些早已看过的文件
I don’t think a Lehman bankruptcy takes down our firms.
我不认为雷曼破产会波及到各自的公♥司♥
What, are we crossing our fingers?
难道我们在祈祷吗?
You’re asking us to save a competitor. Let’s not act like you’re doing us a favor.
你在要求我们救助一个竞争对手。别表现得好像在帮我们似的
Gentlemen, gentlemen, you are great Americans
先生们,先生们,你们是出色的国民
undertaking a patriotic duty.
承担爱国义务
Your travail will earn you the love
经历的痛苦会给予你们爱的回报
and gratitude of your country.
国家会感激你们
who said, “These are…”
托马斯·潘恩好像说过…
Lehman is a trading partner for every bank in this room.
雷曼和在座的各位都有生意往来
Their failure will be a massive blow to all of you.
雷曼的崩溃将波及到每一位的利益
This is your problem.
这就是你们的麻烦了
We can all argue about how we got here.
我们可以争论事情怎么发展到这种地步的
Deregulation, derivatives, Dick Fuld made bad decisions.
违反规定,大量衍生产品交易,迪克·福尔德做了糟糕的决定
We’re all responsible.It’s a catastrophic mess.
我们都有责任。股市情况非动荡不安
The government’s done whatever it can do. It’s on you now.
政♥府♥已经做了该做的。现在该你们了
You need to fix it and you need to pay for it.
你们来处理,来买♥♥单
Let me be clear.
我再说明白些
We will remember anyone who is not helpful.
我会记住那些不愿意提供帮助的人
(ALL CHATTERING)
(喋喋讨论中)
2008年9月13日
星期六
MALE COMMENTATOR: Do you notice a little pattern here?
男评论员:注意到这个不起眼的模式了吗?
We don’t deal with things until there’s some kind of emergency on the table.
我们什么行动都不采取,直到事情发生
FEMALE COMMENTATOR: Yeah,we don’t deal with things until Friday.
女评论员:是的,一周内的事总是拖到周五去做似的
MALE COMMENTATOR: Some kind of a weekend thing.
男评论员:就像那个周末笑话一样
When were we gonna figure out
当我们在想
exactly how to handle the failure of an investment bank
如何处理投资银行倒闭破产时
Let’s do it over a weekend.
就放到周末过了再干吧
I talked to a person who is monitoring the situation out there,
我和一个记录会议情况的人谈过
and the person said they all wantthe same deal Jamie Dimon got,
他们也想要和杰米·戴蒙得到的一样
and they’re not going to get it.
但他们仍旧一无所获
Just a heads up, Chris Flowers is in the lobby.
当心点,克里斯·弗劳尔斯在大厅
He’s consulting for B of A on Lehman.
他在为美国银行做顾问,关于雷曼的事
Hank pushed Flowers out of Goldman.
汉克把弗劳尔斯从高盛挤出来的
Yesterday, we thought Lehman was holding 30 billion in crap. Today it’s 70.
昨天还觉得雷曼有三百亿垃圾资产,今天就七百亿了
$70 billion in assets that we’re valuing with a dartboard.
我们集中估计有七百亿资产
No, we’re gonna work this out.
我们会解决的
Unless you step in, we’re ending this.
除非财政部行动,不然就完了
Don’t forget about Dick.
别忘了迪克
Yeah, Dick Fuld keeps calling, hammering us to raise the price.
是的,迪克·福尔德还在继续打♥压♥我们提高股价
(CELL PHONE BUZZING)
(手♥机♥)
Excuse me.
抱歉
70 fucking billion and no collateral?
他妈的七百亿而且毫无担♥保♥?
FABER: If Lehman Brothers fails this weekend,
菲伯尔:假如雷曼兄弟这周末倒了
there’s little doubt amongst the people I speak to that Merrill Lynch will be next.
毫无疑问就像我说的,美林将是下一个
Confidence is a very fragile thing.
自信变成了脆弱不堪的口头禅
And in our financial markets, it is eroding very quickly.
我们的金融市场正在急速坍塌
Lehman’s not gonna make it. We’re next. We need to do something right now.
雷曼撑不下去的,下一个我们就是。得立即采取行动
B of A’s the only one out there. I can put in a call.
只有美国银行一家在。我能联♥系♥他们
It screws Lehman, but… Lehman screwed themselves.
雷曼被整惨了。 是雷曼自己把自己整垮的
Paulson has drawn a line in the sand. Lehman is dead. Make the call.
保尔森划了条界限。雷曼完蛋了。联♥系♥吧
We’d like you guys to look at taking a stake in Merrill,
我们希望您看看能不能买♥♥下美林的股份
something in the neighborhood of 10%.
大约10%
I don’t know if I can generate any interest in 10%,
只是10%的话我不能保证
but if the whole company’s in play,
要是整个公♥司♥都出手
I bet that’s something that we’d consider.
我保证我们会慎重协商的
Us and Lehman?
和雷曼一起?
Deal this size, there’s only room for one.
考虑到金额,我们只够一家的份额
It is a lot of risk, no question, but if you stay in the game,
毋庸置疑这风险太高,但若是你想留在这场赌局游戏中
we all will find a private solution. Absolutely.
我们会找到办法的。 绝对会
Don’t get scared by the numbers. We’ll figure it out. Lehman is worth owning.
别被数字吓晕了。我们能处理好。雷曼值得拥有
Guys, you got a second?
大伙儿有空吗?
I was at AIG yesterday.
我昨天在美国国际集团
Next Wednesday, they got a $5 billion hole, minimum.
下个周三,有个买♥♥家起码五十亿的
I called Warren Buffett. He wouldn’t touch it with a stick.
我致电巴菲特。他都不敢碰一下
We’re looking into it.
我们正在调查
It’s a very big company.
是个很大的公♥司♥
Thanks, Chris. I appreciate all your help.
谢谢你的帮助,克里斯
They’re not on top of it.
我提的公♥司♥不在他们考虑中
Look at this.
看看这个
Is this even possible?
可能吗?
AIG?
美国国际集团?
Holy shit.
我的上帝老天爷
Get into this.
给我赶紧查查
(CHATTERING)
(摆谈中)
PAULSON: John.
保尔森:约翰
Do you see what’s happening here?
你知道我们在做什么吗?
Are you watching out for yourself?
在为自己观望打算?
I’m not thick. I’m working on something.
又不是蠢货。我在忙些事情
You’re talking to B of A.
你在跟美国银行谈

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!