The real estate’s the issue. They got it marked at 30 billion.
房♥地♥产♥是个问题。达到三百亿
It’s worth maybe half of that. Don’t look so nervous.
或许只值个半价。别紧张
You’re about to get a Wall Street bank for the price of a hot dog.
你将以白菜价坐拥一家华尔街银行
I know that Paulson told Ken Lewis that he’s not gonna pay for this.
保尔森告诉肯·刘易斯,他不会买♥♥账的
美国银行策划总监
格雷格·柯尔
And I don’t see how we can do it
我不知道该咋办
unless the government takes some of the downside.
除非政♥府♥采取一些下行措施
Paulson is posturing.
保尔森在故作姿态
He’ll write a check just like he did for Jamie Dimon on the Bear deal.
他会乖乖签下支票,就像杰米·戴蒙在交易贝尔斯登时那样
He has to. He can’t lose another major bank in an election year.
他没办法。又不能在大选年失去另一家大型银行
Besides, the guy made, like, a half a billion bucks at Goldman Sachs.
另外,好像这家伙在高盛有五亿元
He lets Lehman die? Goldman’s biggest competitor?
让高盛最大的竞争对手雷曼倒闭?
Makes him look like he’s still working for Goldman.
让他看上去还在为高盛谋划
He’s just doing it out of a desk at Treasury.
他做他财政部长职责之外的事
Where are the donuts?
甜甜圈呢?
Exactly. If you’re the CEO of one of these financial firms,
你是金融公♥司♥首席执行官的话
you’ve already seen what the government was willing to do.
你知晓政♥府♥愿意做些什么
Why wouldn’t you play chicken with them and say,
为何不糊弄他们,就说
“Sure, I’ll help you out. But you gotta throw in a sweetener,
“我会帮你,但是你得先给我点好处才行,”
“just like you did for those guys.”
“就像你对其他人做的那样。”
They just assume I’m gonna bail out Dick Fuld,
他们直接断定我会出资帮迪克·福尔德
like I’m the guy behind the elephant with the shovel.
好像我能掌控事情发展似的
They’re all drawing a line from Bear and Fannie and Freddie right to Lehman.
他们把贝尔斯登、双房♥与雷曼连在一条线上
There’s no way the taxpayers are gonna go for another bailout.
纳税人们不会同意再一次的财政援助
Very large purchase assistance package. Large purchase assistance package.
超大金额的,购买♥♥援助计划。 购买♥♥援助计划
We need to come up with a private-sector solution,
我们得想出一个私营公♥司♥能出资的办法
get the investment banks to bridge the gap.
投资银行填上缺口
Okay, but that’s never gonna work unless they believe that you’ve drawn a line.
可完全行不通,除非你来牵线
I know you don’t like leaking, but let us reach out to the press.
知道你不喜欢透露消息,但我们可以来联络媒体
Okay.
好吧
Mr. Flowers, there’s a call for you.
弗劳尔斯先生,有你电♥话♥
Bob Willumstad from AIG. He’s very insistent.
美国国际集团的鲍勃·维拉姆斯塔德坚持要通话
总部设于纽约市的美国国际大厦
AIG: American International Group 美国国际集团
美国国际集团首席执行官
罗伯特·维拉姆斯塔德
Mr. Flowers. My people tell me you’re the man to talk to.
弗劳尔斯先生。职员告诉我你是问题负责人
We’ve got a real problem here.
有个难题
Yeah? What kind of problem?
是?什么难题?
It looks very much like we are about to run out of cash.
看似我们两都快没钱了
AIG?
美国国际集团?
We’ve sent over a document. It’s a spreadsheet.
我已经发送了文件,电子版的
It’s confidential, of course, but it might give you some insight.
当然,没人知道。或许你能从中领悟些东西
I’m in the middle of Lehman. I’m working with B of A.
我和美国银行的一起,正处理雷曼的事
Is there any way you could come over tomorrow?
明天你能过来一趟吗?
I’ll take a look at the numbers and we’ll talk.
我要看下数据,然后我们再谈吧
Mr. Flowers.
弗劳尔斯先生
Somebody put the TV on.
谁来把电视打开
CNBC’s talking about Lehman.
CNBC正在谈论雷曼
A person familiar with Paulson’s…Treasury Secretary Hank PauIson’s thinking,
一个熟悉保尔森,呃…财政部长汉克·保尔森的人认为
and he is saying there will be no government money
政♥府♥不会拿出一笔钱
in the resolution of this situation.
来处理当前情况
They’re saying two things make the Lehman deal different.
有两件事使得雷曼这件事大不一样
The market’s been aware and had time to prepare
市场已经意识到而且有足够时间准备好
for over six months. And the second is…
这六个月来。第二是…
Is that just TV bullshit?
是电视在胡诌吗?
Or is that Paulson sending us a message?
还是保尔森在给我们暗示?
Chris?
克里斯?
(STIFLING LAUGHTER)
(笑得要窒息了)
(CLEARS THROAT)
(咳咳咳)
Yeah? Sorry.
对不起,叫我吗?
What exactly does “a person familiar with the Treasury Secretary” mean?
“熟悉财政部长的人”到底是指什么?
That could mean a lot of things.
意味着很多人都有可能
Did one of your staffers do this?
你的手下做的?
someone got fired 10 minutes ago.
告诉我这个你十分钟前就该开除的人的名字
The leak came from me.
消息泄漏是我首肯了的
Hank, a public statement like that can have a lot of unintended consequences.
汉克,那样一个公开陈述会引发许多意料不到的结果
We had to send a message to the other banks. They need to step up.
我们得让其他银行知道,他们需要筹备
I don’t have another rabbit I can pull out of my hat.
我们可没法儿再变出同样的戏码了
Rodgin Cohen just called me.
罗金•科恩刚刚来电
The B of A team is sitting there playing Brickbreaker on their phones.
听起来美国银行跟打砖块游戏似的
They don’t want this deal.
他们不想要这场交易
The deal is hanging by a thread because the closer they get to Lehman,
交易悬而未成是因为,和雷曼挨得越紧密
the more it looks like a toxic waste dump.
越像有毒的废料场
Which is why at the end of the day we may have to help them,
这也是最后我们不得不救他们的原因
which would be a lot easier if we didn’t publicly state that…
若是我们没公布会容易得多…
We can’t, Tim ! Legally, we can’t!
我们不能,提姆!从法律角度,我们不能!
Legally, we haven’t figured out how yet.
从法律角度,我们还没弄明白
I am concerned
我担忧
we are limiting our options at a time when we have very few,
我们是在给自己限定选择
if any, available.
如果我们还能选的话
I want all the CEOs in a room. We’ve got the weekend.
(怎么这么多CEO…后面都直接原话复♥制♥)
We lock them in a room at the Fed
把他们锁在会议室里
and we don’t let them out until they have a solution on Lehman.
想不出办法就不准离开
Your oatmeal’s getting cold.
你的燕麦粥要凉了
They’ll figure it out.They’ll all throw in some money.
他们会想明白,把钱掏出来的
(CHUCKLES)
(轻笑)
Tim is advocating strongly that we reconsider some kind of Fed support.
提姆希望我们重新考虑一下财政救助
Tim wants us to pick up the tab on everyone.I can’t be Mr. Bailout.
提姆想要我们为每个人付账单,我可不是“救助先生”
The Lehman hole is twice what Bear’s was.
雷曼这个黑洞有两个贝尔斯登那么大
Investors are pulling their accounts. You want to lend into a run?
投资人都在抽离自己的账户了,你还想让我借钱出去?
What about Barclays? Are they still interested?
巴克莱呢?还感兴趣吗?
They can’t afford the risk any more than B of A can.
他们承担不了比美国银行还高的风险
I don’t doubt your ability to talk anybody into submission,
我并不质疑你劝服他人的能力
but it is still a long shot.
但希望不大
And there’s a very real possibility that Lehman goes under.
很高的几率雷曼将会破产
There’s a deal to be made here.
还有场生意要去谈
I’m gonna make the deal.
我要去谈妥这次交易
NEWSCASTER: With just a little more than an hour left until the market closes,
新闻播音员:股市收盘还剩一个多小时时
shares of Lehman Brothers have taken another tumble.
雷曼股价继续暴跌
The stock is now trading at a new low, under $4 a share.
股票交易目前创新低跌至四美元每股
And judging from the selling, there doesn’t appear to be a bottom in sight.
从售卖♥♥情况来看,还没到最低峰
So, Blankfein has a speech he’s trying to get out of,
布兰克费恩有场演讲,他尽量抽空
but the rest have confirmed.
可其他时间都有安排了
Tell him it’s not optional. Yeah.
跟他说他没的选。 好
美国证券交易委员会
SEC:United States Securities and Exchange Commission
Good afternoon, Chairman. Thank you so much for joining us.
午安,主席。感谢您来
美国证券交易委员会主席
克里斯托弗·尼森·考克斯
Whose plane is this? Uh, that’s a rental.
谁的私人飞机? 呃,租的
Hank put it on his card.
汉克用信♥用♥卡♥租的
Sir, you know Neel and Michele Davis, Public Affairs.
先生,尼尔和米歇尔·戴维斯,公共事务部的
Hi. Pleasure.
嗨,很高兴见到你
This is Dan Jester, our new numbers guy. Hi.
丹·杰斯特,我们数据统计新来的。 嗨
I talked him into coming out of retirement.
我说服他重拾重责了
Excuse me? Retirement? He was with us at Goldman.
对不起,在哪儿工作? 和我们一起在高盛
Got anybody at Treasury who wasn’t at Goldman?
你们财政部有谁是和高盛没关系的吗?
Chairman, just to be clear, there’s no question of conflict of interest.
主席,我得说清楚,财政部和高盛之间没有利益冲突
Hank sold all of his Goldman stock before he took office.
汉克就职前卖♥♥掉了持有的所有高盛股票
I wasn’t implying anything. Sorry.
我没暗示什么。 抱歉
We’re a little touchy about the whole “Government Sachs” thing.
我们对所有关于政♥府♥与高盛的信息都十分敏感
Shall we?
走吧?
B of A keeps finding more toxic assets. They want you to reconsider a Jamie deal.
美国银行持续发现不良资产。 要你再考虑一下杰米的建议
They’ll split the first billion in losses, but they want you on the hook for the next 40.
他们会分担开始的十亿损失,但你会被套进接下来的四百亿里
You did it for Bear.
你替贝尔斯登做过了
Greg, let me get back to you.
格雷格,我待会儿打给你
What, do I have to tattoo it on my forehead? We are not bailing out Lehman.
我额头上纹着“我不会救助雷曼”吗?
Wall Street has a gambling problem.
华尔街冒险赌博
If government keeps covering their losses, they never learn anything.
政♥府♥悄悄替他们擦了屁♥股♥,他们却从学不会反思
What? I didn’t know if you wanted
咋了?- 你是要
to keep lecturing me on moral hazard or if I should just call B of A back.
一直对我长篇大论说些道德风险的事,还是想让我给美国银行联♥系♥
We need to keep them at the table until they come up with a private-sector solution.
我必须让他们想个法子让那些私营企业来解决
Tell them to stay with us.
让美国银行也一起

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!