is right here between your country and mine.
就横亘在你我的国家
It’s an open border,
之间开放的边界
fourteen hundred miles without a single machine gun in place.
在1400英里上 没有一架机关枪站岗
Now, I suppose that all sounds very corny to you.
这些听起来对你而言 太多愁善感了吧
I could love being corny if my husband would only cooperate.
我会喜欢多愁善感的 只要我丈夫肯合作
Hey, Susie.
嗨 苏茜
Well…
好吧
Vargas?
瓦格斯?
Hello there, Schwartz.
你好 施瓦兹
Quinlan’s onto something new. Coming with us?
昆兰看来有新线索了 和我们一起去吗?
I have first to drop my wife at the motel.
我想先送我妻子去汽车旅馆
Captain Quinlan wants you to go with him. I’ll drop your wife at the motel.
昆兰探长想让你和他一起走 我会送你妻子的
Oh, really, I… No trouble at all, ma’am.
哦 真的吗 我… 一点也不麻烦 夫人
Aren’t you going to drive me?
你不准备开车送我了?
I’ll phone you, darling. What’s the name of that motel?
我会给你打电♥话♥的亲爱的 那家汽车旅馆叫什么名字?
The Mirador. Quinlan’s in kind of a hurry, Vargas.
“梅拉多” 我们要赶紧了瓦格斯
Don’t bother to phone. Try to get some sleep, Susie.
别为电♥话♥操心 好好休息吧 苏茜
That Mirador’s mighty hard to find,
那间”梅拉多”也许很难找
with the new highway branching off the way it does.
因为新的高速路让那条路分岔了
Hey!
嗨!
That’s all right. I can find the way. Oh, gee, I for…
没问题 我能找到路 哦 我忘…
His cane! I forgot to give him his cane.
他的拐杖! 我忘了给他拐杖
He really needs it for that game leg of his.
他的瘸腿确实需要这个
They ever tell you how he got it, huh?
他有没有告诉过你 他是怎么得到它的?
What, cane? No, his bad leg.
什么? 拐杖吗? 不 他的瘸腿
Who’re you talking about? Captain Quinlan!
你们在谈论谁? 昆兰探长!
Oh!

He got it in a gunfight, Mrs Vargas, that’s how.
他是在一场枪战中受的伤 瓦格斯夫人
He was wounded stopping a bullet that was meant for me.
他帮我挡了一枪
I reckon the bravest thing Hank ever did was to give up drink.
我以为汉克做过的最勇敢的事 是放弃了酗酒
He used to be a terrible lush, you know.
知道吗? 他以前是个让人烦的酒鬼
But look at him now. No sleep, still at it.
瞧瞧他现在 不睡觉仍能干个不停
Say, he never gives up.
他从不放弃
What’s wrong?
怎么了?
What are you following us for? Get out of the car.
你跟着我们 干什么? 从车里出来
What? A man can’t take a ride in his own car? What’s the big idea?
干嘛? 不能开自己的车兜风吗? 你这是干什么?
You’ll find out! Come on!
你会知道的 走吧
Don’t push me. Keep your hands off me.
别推我 把你的手拿开
Wake up, Mrs Vargas. We’re here. This is it.
醒醒 瓦格斯夫人 我们到了 就是这里
This can’t be it.
不可能
It’s all the motel we got this side of town, ma’am.
镇子这边只有这家了 夫人
The others are all on the new highway,
其余的都在新的高速路旁
and most of them are closed up till the season starts.
大部分都被关闭了
Oh, no. Oh, yeah! Now listen, Sergeant,
哦不 哦 是的 听着警官
How long are you gonna hold me here? I haven’t done nothing…
你要把我在这里 扣留多久?
Shut up! Mrs Vargas, can you identify this man?
闭嘴 你能认出这个男人吗? 瓦格斯夫人
Of course I can identify him. That’s Grandi.
我当然能 他是葛兰迪
I know. I’m a member of the family.
我知道 我是家族中的一员
Sure, but nobody has laid a hand on her. Right?
但没人碰过她一个指头 好吗?
Shut up! Get in the car!
闭嘴 上车
What about my car? You can leave it here.
我的车怎么办? 你可以把它留在这里
Where? Here?
什么? 这里?
In the middle of nowhere?
荒郊野外?
You’re coming with me! On what charge?
跟我走 什么罪名?
I don’t know yet. That’s for Captain Quinlan to decide.
我还不知道 这由昆兰探长决定
Well, what was Grandi doing way out here?
葛兰迪 大老远跑这儿来干什么?
He was following us in his car. Just driving along.
他刚才开车跟踪我们 我只是在往前开
Oh, well. Where are my bags?
哦 好吧 我的箱子呢?
We’ve already put them by your cabin, Mrs Vargas. There it is.
已经放在你的屋子旁边了 就在那里
The last one. Number seven.
最后一间 7号♥房♥
If you should want to change, just phone the man at the desk.
如果你想换个房♥间 打电♥话♥给前台的人
Off-season like this, I reckon you’re about the only one staying here.
在这种淡季 我估计你是唯一呆在这里的人
Er, I turned the music on up for you up at the office.
嗯 我帮你把房♥里的音乐开大了
Um, I…
呃 我…
Oh…
哦…
I turned the music on up for you at the… I thought you’d like it.
我帮你把音乐开大了… 我以为你喜欢…
Not just now. It’s past seven, and I haven’t been to bed yet.
但不是现在! 已经7点过了 我还没有上♥床♥休息
Bed?
床?
Well, you can get into it now. I brought the sheets.
现在可以了 我带来了床单
If they think I’m gonna help make it, they got another think comin’!
他们以为我会帮着铺 大错特错
I’m not gonna be a party to… nothin’.
我不是那种… 没什么
I’m the night, er…
我是守夜人… 嗯…
It… it’s day already.
已经是白天了
I’m the night man.
我是夜看守
Can’t the day man help me make the bed?
日看守就不能帮我铺床吗?
There ain’t no day man.
这里没有日看守
He’s supposed to be here at six o’clock this morning,
想象一下早上6点 到了这里
and now they phoned me and they tell me he ain’t coming at all.
而他们却打电♥话♥来说 他压根来不了…
They’re sending a new man… new man.
他们正在派一个新手过来… 一个新手
If they think I’m gonna stay here and wait for him, they got another think…
如果他们以为我会呆在这里等他 那就大错特错了
Well, won’t you help me make the bed?
好吧 你不愿帮我铺床吗?
Bed?
床?
Hey, wait a minute.
嗨 等一下
That friend of yours, Mr Grandi, he…
你的那个朋友… 葛兰迪先生
he ain’t gonna leave you here for long.
他不能把你丢在这里太久
He is not my friend.
他不是我的朋友
He brought you here in that car, didn’t he?
他用那辆车把你送来的 不对吗?
No, he didn’t. As a matter of fact, he’s under arrest.
不没有 事实上 他被捕了
Under arrest? Mr Grandi?
被捕了? 葛兰迪先生?
Yes, he is.
对是这样
Hold that second charge!
推迟第二爆!
Stop that car!
拦住那辆车!
Hold that car! Stop! Stop! Hold it!
拦住那辆车! 停下! 拦住它!
Hey, there was a complaint about some stolen dynamite out here.
嗨这里曾投诉过一次炸♥药♥失窃
You fired anybody lately?
最近解雇过什么人吗?
I figured you’d be asking about that.
我想你问的是那家伙
Yeah, a boy named Sanchez?
嗯 那个叫桑切斯的?
Sure. He’s been playing around with the boss’s daughter.
没错 他一直在和老板的女儿厮混
Say, Captain. I just recognised somebody over there at the blaster.
探长 我刚认出了在起爆器旁的一个人
Oh, with the big ears? Yeah.
哦 长着大耳朵的?
Our office prosecuted that guy for voluntary manslaughter.
我们局曾因故意杀人罪起诉过他
Get him over here. That’s Eddie Farnum. Got five to ten.
把他带过来 是埃迪·法内坶 关了5到10年
You have to get out of here. We’re gonna blast again.
你们得离开这里 我们还要爆破
How long you been out? Three months.
你已经出来多久了? 3个月
Quick parole. Who got you this job?
假释得真快 谁给你找的这份工作?
My lawyer, Howard Frantz. Grandi’s lawyer.
我的律师 霍华德·弗兰兹 葛兰迪的律师
Come in, car ten.
回话 10号♥车
Suspect now in custody at Five-O-Three Innes Place.
疑犯被羁押在5号♥旅馆大街
Well, this is it. Suspect?
嗯 好了 疑犯?
That the one you been talking about? This Sanchez?
就是你们一直在说的桑切斯吗?
They’ve located him. Right, Captain?
他们已经找到了他 对吗? 探长
Yeah, Marcia Linnekar’s apartment. Come on.
对 在玛莎雷尼卡的房♥子里 快走
Stand still. We’re gonna blast.
呆着别动 要爆破了
What’s wrong, Farnum? You short of dynamite?
出什么问题了? 法内坶 你缺炸♥药♥吗?
Captain, have you anything definite on this boy Sanchez?
探长 你对这个桑切斯有什么确切的指证吗?
Not yet. I’m just going on my intuition.
还没有 我只是按直觉行事
Hey, I think this car belongs to Howard Frantz.
我想这辆车是霍华德·弗兰兹的
Yeah? You remember him.
是吗? 还记得他吗?
He was that slick lawyer that got Farnum a parole.
他就是给法内坶弄了个假释的狡猾律师
Yeah, he was Rudy Linnekar’s attorney, too.
对 他也是鲁迪·雷尼卡的律师
Isn’t that Quinlan? Quinlan?
那不是昆兰吗? 昆兰!
Ah, it figured we’d have Hank Quinlan to deal with.
看来我们要同汉克·昆兰打交道了
You finished packing? Yeah.
你收拾完行李了吗? 好了
I heard about that guy.
我听说过他
Say nothing, my dear. Leave everything to me. Let’s get your bag.
什么也别说 亲爱的 让我来处理 我们去拿箱子
Remember, I’ll do all the talking.
记住 话都由我来说
How do we begin?
我们如何开始?
Do we play around first with a few nasty questions?
是拐弯抹角
Or does he get out the rubber hose right away?
还是软磨硬泡?
Take it easy.
别紧张

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!