可是你负担不起对吗 沃尔先生
But you couldn’t pay for it could you?
嗯 我很缺钱 我已经告诉你了
Well I was hard up. I told you that.
而你却去了那家旅行社
And yet you came to this particular
身边还有一个小鸟依人的黑发姑娘
travel agency with a clinging brunette?
小鸟依人的黑发姑娘 梅耶斯先生
A clinging brunette Mr Myers?
法官大人 我所听到的 关于她的描述就是这样
My lord the lady was so described to me.
她与犯人非常亲昵 一直挽着他的胳膊
She was very affectionate with the prisoner constantly clinging to his arm.

Oh.
那你是否承认你咨♥询♥过
You then admit that you made inquiries
昂贵而豪华的出国旅行线路
about expensive and luxurious cruises?
你怎么可能负担得起
How did you expect to pay for such a thing?
-我说不清当时…-如果你说不清 也许我可以帮你
-I don’t know. It was… -If you don’t know perhaps I can help.
根据斯多克斯先生的说法
On the morning of the very
就在那天上午 你听见弗伦奇太太说她修改了遗嘱
same day you heard Mrs French change her will
-留给你一大笔钱 -我没有 遗嘱的事我根本…
-leaving you the bulk of her money. -I didn’t!
结果当天下午 你就开始盘算怎么用了
And in the afternoon you started plans to dispose of it.
不 这是没有的事
No! It was nothing of the kind.
当时我在酒吧里认识了一个女孩
I was in a pub and I met a girl.
我连她的名字都不记得了
I don’t even remember her name.
我们一块儿喝了一杯 然后结伴走出去
We had a drink and walked out together.
走过那个橱窗时
We passed the window
我们看到了那些 令人着迷的海报
and saw the fancy posters
全都是蓝色的大海和棕榈树
all blue seas and palm trees.
是希腊岛屿之类的地方
The Grecian isles or somewhere.
我们觉得好玩儿 就走了进去 我问他们要宣传资料
We went in for fun and I started asking for folders.
结果 那个人用古怪的眼神看了我一眼
Well the man gave me a funny look
大概是觉得我穿得有点寒酸
because I did look a bit shabby.
反正 这激怒了我
Anyway it irritated me
我就继续 询问那些时髦的旅行计划
so I kept asking for the swankiest tours
全都是最豪华的
all de luxe
甲板上的景观舱 不过这只是做做样子罢了
and cabin on the boat deck but it was just an act!
做做样子 你知道一星期 后你将得到八万英镑
An act? You knew that in a week you were going to inherit L80000!
不 绝对不是这样 听上去
No! It wasn’t that way at all.
也许不可信 而且孩子气 可是…
It was make-believe and childish but…
那样做确实很有趣
it was fun and I enjoyed it.
我很自得其乐 我从没想过要杀掉什么人来继承遗产
I never thought of killing anyone or inheriting any money.
那么弗伦奇太太一星期后
It’s just a coincidence that Mrs French
被杀害仅仅是惊人的巧合吗
should be killed only one week later?
我告诉你了 我没有杀她
I told you! I didn’t kill her!
那你认为克莉丝汀·赫尔姆为什么要提供这样的证词
Do you know any reason why Christine Helm should give the evidence she has
如果这不是真的
if it were not true?
不知道我不知道我妻子为什么…
No. I don’t know why my wife…
我也不知道为什么还是把她称作我妻子
I don’t know why I still call her my wife.
她一定是丧失了理智才这样撒谎
She must be lying or out of her mind.
她看起来很健全 也很镇定
She seemed remarkably sane and self-possessed.
可是精神错乱却成为你唯一能想到的理由
But insanity is all you can suggest?
我也不明白
I don’t understand it.
哦 上帝啊 这是怎么了 她怎么会变成这样
Oh God! What’s happened? What’s changed her?
非常动人 是啊 但是在法庭上我们只认事实
Very effective I’m sure. But in this court we deal with fact.
而事实就是 沃尔先生 我们只有你自己的说法
And the fact Mr Vole is that we’ve only your word for it.
离开弗伦奇太太家的时间 是你自己说的
That you left Mrs French’s house at the time you say
你在17:00和21:20两次回到家
that you came home at 5 and 20 minutes past 9
而且没有再出门 这也是你自己说的
and that you did not go out again!
一定有人看到我 走在大街上 或者走进家门
Somebody must have seen me in the street or going in the house!
这是很自然的想法 但是唯一看到你回家的人
One would think so. But the only person who did see you come home that night
说你是在22:10回到家 而且袖子上还有血
says it was ten past ten and that you had blood on your hands.
我割伤了自己的手腕
I cut my wrist!
你是故意割伤了自己的手腕
You cut your wrist deliberately!
不 我没有 我什么也没干
No I didn’t! I didn’t do anything.
可是被你一说 好像都是我♥干♥的
But you make it sound as though I did.
我自己听着都像…
I can hear it myself.
你是在22:10回到家的
You came home at ten past ten!
不 不是 你们必须相信我 你们必须相信我
No I didn’t! You’ve got to believe me. You’ve got to believe me!
你杀害了埃米莉·弗伦奇
You killed Emily French!
不 我没有 我没有
No I didn’t! I didn’t do it!
我没有杀她 我从没杀过任何人
I didn’t kill her! I never killed anybody!
上帝啊 这就像一个噩梦 邪恶 恐怖的噩梦
God it’s like a nightmare. Some ghastly horrible dream.
晚上好 威尔弗莱德爵士 今天怎么样
Good evening Sir Wilfrid. How did it go today?
哦 威尔弗莱德爵士
Oh Sir Wilfrid.
我是霍克斯&希尔制衣店的 先生
I’m from Hawks and Hill sir
我把您的百慕大短裤带来了 请您试穿
and I’ve brought your Bermuda shorts for a fitting.
什么
What?
您最好穿穿看威尔弗莱德爵士否则明天可来不及
You’d better slip these on Sir Wilfrid.
我现在正忙着应付一桩谋杀案的审判
I’m in the middle of a murder trial.
明天下午就结束了
It’ll all be over by the afternoon
去码头的火车明晚21:40出发
and the boat train doesn’t go until 9.40.
你搞定这事儿吧
You work it out.
我的体型 你知道 你经常用针扎我
You know my shape you’ve stabbed it often enough.
上楼吧 爵士 你该洗个温水澡
Upstairs. You need a lukewarm bath
然后我帮你注射钙剂
and your calcium injection.
哦 还有很多东西要打包
And there’s a lot more packing to be done.
现在就定好船票真荒谬
It’s ridiculous having boat reservations.
陪审团达不成一致的话也可能延期
The jury may be out for days.
这个案子恐怕不会似乎太一目了然了
Not on this case I’m afraid. It seems too open-and-shut.
赫尔姆太太作证的时候 我观察过 他们并不喜欢她
I watched when Frau Helm was on the stand. They didn’t like her.
是的 他们不喜欢她
No but they believed her.
但是相信她 他们喜欢伦纳德·沃尔 但是不相信他
They liked Leonard Vole but they didn’t believe him.
旅行社的事情也是雪上加霜
And that travel agency business
要雪茄吗 威尔弗莱德
doesn’t help either. Cigar?
不要
No.
威尔弗莱德你觉得她是在说谎吗
Wilfrid do you think she lied?
哦 你不觉得
Well don’t you?
我不知道 我不确定
I’m not sure.
我确定 她是在说谎
I am. She lied.
无论她管那叫作
Whether she calls
伪证还是”Meineid” 她说谎了
it Meineid or perjury she lied.
可关键在于为什么 她葫芦里卖♥♥的 什么药
The only question is why. What’s her game?
她到底是为什么 为什么
What is she up to? What?
威尔弗莱德爵士 希望您明天在
I hope that in your final speech
结案陈词的时候不要那么情绪化
you won’t become too emotionally involved.
-您应该顾及自己的健康 -他说得对
-You must think of your condition. -He’s right.
我希望你能保全自己 这可不是你的最后一个案子
I want to see you save yourself. This isn’t going to be your last case.
不 这就是最后一个
Yes it is.
不过 在结束前 我仍然是个出庭律师
But until it’s over I’m still a barrister.
我委托人的生命危在旦夕 这是最至关重要的-他的生命
My client’s life is at stake. That’s all that matters -his life.
他有权得到我的倾力相助
He’s entitled to the best that I can do.
如果我无法站起来
If I can’t stand up
为他念结案陈词 那我就坐着念
to make my final appeal for him I’ll make it sitting down.
如果我觉得气短 那我就含一片药片 或者两片
If I become short of breath I’ll take a pill or two pills
或者全都放进嘴里 连同药盒
or all of them and the box too.
-你好 -这是威尔弗莱德·罗巴茨爵士的办公室吧
-Yes? -This Sir Wilfrid Robarts’ place?
-嗯是的没错 -让我跟那老头儿说话
-Well yes it is. -Let me talk to the old geezer.
-请问你是哪位 -你别管让我跟他说话
-Who is this speaking please? -Never you mind. Let me talk to ‘im.
恐怕不太可能 你有什么事
I’m afraid that’s impossible. What is the nature of your business?
是正事儿 我有东西要卖♥♥给他
It’s business all right. I’ve got something to sell ‘im I ‘ave.
哦 是吗 女士
Well really madam!
信不信由你 我打算 卖♥♥的东西他肯定会买♥♥
And what I want to sell ‘im believe me ‘e’ll want to buy.
-这东西跟伦纳德·沃尔有关 -伦纳德·沃尔
-It’s got to do with that Leonard Vole. -Leonard Vole?
是关于那个德国妻子的
It’s about that German wife.
我有关于她的东西要卖♥♥
I’ve got the goods on her and it’s for sale.
我是威尔弗莱德·罗巴茨 说吧 怎么回事儿
This is Wilfrid Robarts speaking. Now what is this all about?
哦 你好啊 宝贝儿
Well hello ducky.
你说与伦纳德·沃尔太太 有关的是什么东西
What is this you said about Mrs Leonard Vole?
我不只是”说” 我有白纸黑字
I’m not just saying. I’ve got it in black and white.
-你有什么 -仔细听好宝贝儿
-You’ve got what? -Listen to this carefully ducks.
我在尤斯顿火车站的 小卖♥♥部里 吧台的尽头
I’m at the buffet at Euston Station at the far end of the bar.
我在这儿等火车 还有30分钟就要开了
I’ll be here for 30 minutes because that’s when me train leaves.
如果你想知道那个 德国烂货的秘密 就快过来
If you want the lowdown on that German bag get yourself here.
什么秘密 你知道什么
What lowdown? What do you know about her?
哦 呃 电♥话♥里我不会说的
Uh-uh. Not on the phone.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
前一篇文章黑神驹
下一篇文章龙虾
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!