我不知道 汇率是多少
I don’t know. What’s the rate of exchange?
-这取决于是新鲜咖啡还是磨制的咖啡…-是速溶咖啡
-Depends whether it’s fresh or powdered. -It’s instant coffee.
你这儿有热水吗
Got any hot water at your place?
-不一定 -我们碰碰运气吧你住哪儿
-Sometimes. -Let’s take a chance. Where do you live?
很近
Nearby.
来吧
Come.
对不起 女仆放大假
Sorry it’s the maid’s night off.
真是可怕 不过看着挺亲切的
This is pretty horrible. In a gemütlich sort of way.
哦 现在算不错了 我以前有过一个室友 是跳舞的
Oh it’s fine now. I used to have a roommate. A dancer.
她走运了 嫁给一个加拿大人 现在生活在多伦多
She had luck she married a Canadian. She now lives in Toronto.
她还有一辆福特汽车
She has a Ford automobile.
你自己随意 这年月炉子都热得慢
Make yourself comfortable the stove is slow these days.
没事 我有整个周末的假期
That’s all right I’ve got a weekend pass.
不 不 不 那把椅子不能坐
No not that chair. It holds up the beam
它撑住了横梁 所以天花板才不会掉下来
and that holds up the ceiling.
你最好坐在帆布小床上
You’d better sit down on the cot.
帆布小床
The cot?
真是让人倍感亲切 你结婚了
Getting more gemütlich all the time. Are you married?
-怎么了 -嗯你手上的…
-Why? -Well the um…
哦 这个 不 不 我没结婚
Oh that. No no I’m not married.
我只是在工作的时候戴着它
I just wear it when I’m working.
算是与男人们为伴的一点点自我保护吧
Gives a little protection with all the men.
-今晚的工作不太顺利是不是 -是啊 今晚糟透了
-Didn’t work too well tonight did it? -No tonight was bad.
不过正有改善的趋势
But it’s getting better.
-咖啡呢 -啊 咖啡 哟嚯
-Where’s the coffee? -Ah coffee ja voll.
很不错的巴西配方 蒙哥马利元帅喝的也是这牌子
Finest Brazilian blend. The same brand that Field Marshal Montgomery drinks.
这个汇率公道吗
Is that a fair rate of exchange?
非常公道
Very fair.
这听全给你要不要
Would you be interested in having the whole tin?
我要
I would.
-你打算要糖吗 -要一点吧
-How are you fixed for sugar? -I could use some.
牛奶呢
Milk?
当然要
Sure.
牛奶 糖
Milk. Sugar.
很高兴能跟你做生意
It’s a pleasure to do business with you.
是啊
Yeah.
我还有饼干 鸡蛋粉
I also carry biscuits powdered eggs
-培根果酱 -我不知道我是不是买♥♥得起
-bacon marmalade. -I don’t know if I can afford it.
别担心 我们可以想办法 比方分期付款
Don’t worry we’ll work out something like an instalment plan.
我或许再也不用返回故乡
I may never go home any more
哦 真是太抱歉了 现在你没有天花板了
I’m terribly sorry. Now you have no ceiling.
也许我可以弄好它这我拿手
Maybe I can fix it I’m good at it.
修它干什么 又没下雨
Why fix it? It’s not raining.

Ooh.
-你没事吧 -应该没事有一点头疼
-Are you all right? -I think so. My head aches a little.
也许我可以弄好它
Maybe I can fix it.
这我拿手
I’m good at it.
当时我有一个周末假期 口袋里有一个月的津贴
I had a weekend pass a month’s pay in my pocket.
-而她手上有一枚结婚戒指 -是啊 没错
-And she already had a wedding ring. -Yes that’s right.
我们结了婚 等我服役 期满 就把她带回了英国
We got married. When I got out of the service I brought her here.
那时真是棒极了 我租了一套小公♥寓♥ 在爱德华尔路
It was wonderful. I rented a little flat Edgware Road.
她第一次去的时候 高兴得情不自禁地大哭起来
First time she saw it she was so happy she broke down and cried.
很正常 她头上终于有了一个 坚固的天花板
Naturally. She had a solid roof over her head
她还有了张英国护照
and a British passport.
您不了解她 不知道她对我的感情有多深
You don’t know her how she feels about me.
她出庭作证的时候 你们会了解她的
You will when she gives evidence.
沃尔先生 我必须告诉你 我不打算让她出庭作证
Mr Vole I must tell you I am not putting her in the witness box.
不打算 为什么
You’re not? Why not?
她是个外国人 对于英语的微妙之处 她还不够熟悉
She’s a foreigner unfamiliar with the subtleties of our language.
控方会轻易地找出她的纰漏
The prosecution could easily trip her up.
我听说控方可能是梅耶斯先生 我们不能冒险
I hear it may be Mr Myers for the crown. We can’t take chances.
好了 我们最好走了
Quite. We’d better be going.
普利姆索尔小姐 正在车里等着呢
Miss Plimsoll is waiting in the car with her pills
-她拿着我的药片和一瓶保温的可可 -长官
-and a Thermos of lukewarm cocoa. -Officer.
可是克莉丝汀必须出庭作证
But Christine must give evidence.
沃尔先生 你必须学会信任我
Mr Vole you must learn to trust me.
没有别的理由 只是我
For no other reason than I’m a mean
这个坏脾气的老家伙不想输
ill-tempered old man who hates to lose.
让我们祝彼此好运吧
Let us wish each other luck.
听着 没有克莉丝汀我会无法面对
Look I can’t face this without Christine.
告诉你 我需要她 没有她我就完了
I tell you I need her. Without her I’m sunk.
很感人 是不是 如此仰仗他的妻子
Touching isn’t it? The way he counts on his wife.
是啊 就像一个溺水的人 抓住一把刮胡子刀片
Yes. Like a drowning man clutching at a razor blade.
伦敦中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥ 俗称”老贝里”
伦纳德·斯蒂芬·沃尔 你被控于
Leonard Stephen Vole you are charged on indictment for that you
10月14日在伦敦杀害了
on the 14th day of October in the county of London
埃米莉·简·弗伦奇
murdered Emily Jane French.
你有何话说 伦纳德·斯蒂芬·沃尔
How say you Leonard Stephen Vole?
你是有罪还是无罪
Are you guilty or not guilty?
我无罪
Not guilty.
各位陪审员
Members of the jury
犯人被控于10月14日谋杀了
the prisoner stands indicted for that he on the 14th day of October
埃米莉·简·弗伦奇
murdered Emily Jane French.
对此控诉 他声称自己无罪
To this indictment he has pleaded not guilty.
现在要请你们 在听取证词后作出判断
And it is your charge to say having heard the evidence
裁决他有罪或是无罪
whether he be guilty or not.
各位陪审员 按照你们适才的宣誓
Members of the jury by the oath which you have just taken
你们将严格依据本庭上 的证词和证据进行审判
you have sworn to try this case on the evidence.
必须摒弃对此案的 任何成见 排除一切杂念
You must shut out from your minds everything
只有本庭上所发生的一切除外
except what will take place in this court.
你可以开始控方 陈述了 梅耶斯先生
You may proceed for the prosecution Mr Myers.
谢谢您 法官大人 各位陪审员
May it please you my lord. Members of the jury
在本案中 我和我博学的朋友
I appear in this case with my learned friend
巴顿先生将担任控方律师
Mr Barton for the prosecution.
我博学的朋友威尔弗莱德·罗巴茨爵士和布洛根·摩尔先生
And my learned friends Sir Wilfrid Robarts and Mr Brogan-Moore
将担任辩方律师
appear for the defence.
我想我们该不会无缘目睹博学的
I trust we are not to be deprived
威尔弗莱德爵士激动人心的出场吧
of the learned and stimulating presence of Sir Wilfrid?
法官大人 请允许我向各位保证
My lord may I assure my learned friend
威尔弗莱德爵士现在已经到了老贝里法♥院♥
that Sir Wilfrid is in the Old Bailey.
他身体略感不适 但是他很快就会出庭
He’s slightly incapacitated but will be in his seat presently.
法官大人 请允许我就
My lord may I express my regret
威尔弗莱德爵士的略感不适表示遗憾
that Sir Wilfrid is even slightly incapacitated.
我允许 梅耶斯先生 我也允许你继续控方陈述
You may Mr Myers. You may also proceed with the case for the prosecution.
谢谢您 法官大人
Thank you my lord.
此案的案情非常简单 而且每一点都无可辩驳
The facts in this case are simple and to a point not in dispute.
各位将了解到犯人是如何结识了 埃米莉·弗伦奇太太
You will hear how the prisoner made the acquaintance of Mrs Emily French
一位56岁的妇女
a woman of 56.
这位妇女是如何充满善意 甚至满怀深情地对待他
How he was treated by her with kindness and even affection.
在10月14日那天晚上
On the night of October 14 last
21:30至22:00间 弗伦奇太太被谋杀了
between 9.30 and 10 Mrs French was murdered.
我们会请医学专家告知各位
Medical testimony will be introduced to prove
其死因被证实是头部被钝器重击
that death was caused by a blow from a blunt and heavy instrument
我们控方的指控就是
and it is the case for the prosecution
此重击是由犯人伦纳德·沃尔所造成的
that the blow was dealt by the prisoner Leonard Vole.
这不是真的 不是我♥干♥的
That’s not true! I didn’t do it!
我们要传唤作证的 包括警方证人
Among the witnesses you will hear police evidence
弗伦奇太太的 管家珍妮特·麦肯锡
also the evidence of Mrs French’s housekeeper Janet McKenzie
医学专家及实验室专家
and from the medical and laboratory experts
还有死者的法律顾问 即最后一份遗嘱的起草人
and the evidence of the murdered woman’s solicitor who drew her final will.
现在 我要有请新苏格兰场
I now call Chief Inspector Hearne Criminal Investigation Department
-刑事调查部的赫恩总警巡 -赫恩总警巡
-New Scotland Yard. -Chief Inspector Hearne.
-赫恩总警巡 -赫恩总警巡
-Chief Inspector Hearne. -Chief Inspector Hearne.
真是荒谬 这只是神经性的胃灼热而已
This is ridiculous. Just nervous heartburn.
每逢审判的第一天我都这样
I always get it the first day of a trial.
血压130/240 你根本就不该待在这儿
240 above 130. You shouldn’t be here at all.
-我应该待在法庭上庭审已经开始了 -注射器 谢谢
-I should be in court the trial’s begun. -Syringe please.
做个又乖又勇敢的好孩子 威尔弗莱德爵士
Be a good brave boy Sir Wilfrid.
普利姆索尔小姐 你可能有兴趣知道
It may interest you to know
我来自于一个骁勇善战的家族
that I am descended from a warrior family
血统可以追溯到 勇敢的狮心王理查德 嚯

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
前一篇文章黑神驹
下一篇文章龙虾
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!