我不想让斯莫莱克戎成为哈特曼的专属工具
I don’t want Simulacron working exclusively for Hartmann.
我想我会去
I guess I’ll be going.
偶尔休闲娱乐一下
Try to have a little fun now and then.
别再思前想后 这对你不好
And stop brooding. It’s not good for you.
相信我
Believe me.
我会尝试的
I’ll try.
进来吗
Getting in?
太巧了吧
Quite a coincidence, isn’t it?
不是巧合 哈恩博士给我打电♥话♥了
It’s no coincidence. Dr. Hahn phoned me.
他觉得我可以帮你休闲一下
He thought I could take your mind off things.
没问题
It was fine with me.
我也是
Me, too.
现在我感觉好多了
Now I’m feeling better.
没人能操控我!
But I won’t be manipulated!
谁操控你?
Manipulated by whom?
西斯金斯
By Siskins.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
没人能胁迫我!
I won’t be intimidated!
我会像沃尔摩尔一样蠢
I can be just as pigheaded as Vollmer was.
沃尔摩尔不会让私利凌驾于计算机之上
Vollmer wouldn’t let private interests take over his computer.
我也不会
And I won’t, either.
让西斯金斯做他想做的事情吧
Let Siskins do what he likes.
西斯金斯威胁到你了吗
Isn’t Siskins a danger to you?
没有 因为他需要我 我们跳舞吧
No, because he needs me. Let’s dance.
早上好 弗雷德
Morning, Fred.
早上好 弗洛姆小姐 谢谢
Morning, Miss Fromm. Thank you.
有邮件吗
Any mail?
需要阿司匹林吗
Need an aspirin?
重要的来电呢?
Important calls?
不过 西斯金斯先生紧急召见你
But Siskins wants to see you urgently.
弗洛姆小姐?
Miss Fromm?
昨晚的聚会我说了胡话
Last night I said some pretty crazy things.
没关系的
Forget them.
都是胡话吗
Were they all just crazy things?
怎么了?
So, what’s up?
我需要你帮忙
I need your help.
我们必须做点什么
We have to do something.
媒体快要失去耐心了
The media are getting impatient.
只需确认一个问题
One question, just to be sure:
你能有说服力地给外行人解释我们的电脑吗
Could you convincingly explain our computer to a layman
如果全社会都得靠它
if all of society depended on it?
我有我的说服力 我也可以让他们信服
I have my convictions, and I can present them convincingly.
这正是我期待的回答
That’s exactly what I expected you to say.
带他们进来
Send them in.
我和我的同事斯蒂勒先生
My colleague, Dr. Stiller, and I
将对仿真模型进行陈述
have a statement about the simulation model.
之后我们会提供点心
Afterwards, we’ll offer refreshments.
一种误解 已在公众之间产生
A misunderstanding has led to the publication
媒体的报道 导致了公众的误解
of a report in the press that was misleading for the public.
我们期待一个机会
We wish to take the opportunity
消除误解
to dispel this misunderstanding.
斯蒂勒先生和沃尔摩尔教授…
Dr. Stiller developed the simulation model
共同研发了仿真模型
together with Professor Vollmer.
斯蒂勒先生会对新电脑系统做简要阐释
Dr. Stiller will say a few words about the new computer system.
严格来说 它不是传统意义上的电脑
Strictly speaking, it isn’t a computer in the conventional sense
而是一个电子仿真系统
but rather an electronic simulation system
储存着巨大的能量
with tremendous storage capacity.
就像亨利·沃尔摩尔教授展示的
As Professor Henri Vollmer put it
通过他的系统 我们取得了
with this system we achieved
到自主式电脑的质的跨跃
the qualitative jump to an autonomous computer.
我们在回路、电子脉冲和反射之外
We’ve created an artificial miniature world
创造了一个人工微缩世界
out of circuits, switches, electronic impulses and reflexes.
它完全起作用时 会产生自己的生命
When fully functional, it will lead a life of its own
依据我们的规则 和它自身的动力
according to our rules, and with its own dynamics.
具体说来 斯蒂勒先生 这个东西是干什么的?
Concretely, Dr. Stiller, what does the thing do?
当然 斯蒂勒先生在用科学术语阐释它
Naturally Dr. Stiller thinks in scientific terms.
如果你喜欢直观的说明…
If you’d prefer a practical point of view…
我来为你解答
I’m at your disposal.
继续 斯蒂勒先生 我们想听你的说法
Go on, Dr. Stiller. We’d like to hear from you.
我尽力
I’ll try.
你需要发自内心地想象我们的仿真模型
You have to imagine the inside of our simulation model
我们称之为 斯莫莱克戎
we call it Simulacron –
作为我们社会微缩的副本
as a reproduction in miniature of our society.
目前
At the moment
我们有超过九千个所谓的身份单元
we have slightly over 9000 so-called identity units
并且 每个都有自己的知觉体系
each of which has the faculties of perception, thought
记忆 想象
memory, imagination
等等
and so forth
全靠我们的斯莫莱克戎
of a real human being.
这些功能与真人无二
With Simulacron, we have
换句话说 一个微缩世界等同于我们身处的世界
in a word, a tiny universe identical to our own.
在这个世界我们可以
Into this universe we can
引入特定的脉冲…
introduce certain impulses which…
回到你的问题上
I’m coming back to your question –
脉冲…
impulses which
导致高特异性反应…
lead to highly specific reactions.
反应…
Reactions…
精确复♥制♥人类的反应
that precisely replicate human reactions.
未来的二十年里
20 years in the future.
这意味着我们可以用斯莫莱克戎来避免
This means we can use Simulacron to avoid
我们在那段时期犯下的错误
the mistakes we’d make in that period.
比如…
For example…
具体地说 我们可以通过斯莫莱克戎…
We can, to be extremely concrete
来全面了解
use Simulacron to learn
未来二十年的消费习惯
consumer habits 20 years from now…
家庭需求 会怎样发展
how housing needs will evolve
运输模式 哪种会被淘汰
which transportation modes will become obsolete
哪种会被采用
and which ones will be in use.
你也可以算到
Then you could also calculate
如果是二十年 则需要更多的钢铁和塑料
if in 20 years we’ll need more steel or plastics.
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
工厂迟早会需要这些数据
In time manufacturers will have access to this data
来避免大范围的无价值调查
to avoid socially unproductive investments.
“迟早”是什么意思?
What do you mean, “in time”?
众所周知 我们的研究计划…
As you are aware, our research project
是国家创始和赞助的
is state-initiated and sponsored.
我们不会限定授权
We do not define its mandate.
我们唯一的使命就是执行政♥府♥的政策
Our sole mission is to carry out government policy.
还有几个问题 关于
There are questions about
你和联合钢铁公♥司♥的关系
your relationship to United Steel.
一向有问题 因此你进行研究…
There are always questions. That’s why you do research…
要找到答案
to find answers.
这里 在我们的机构里 我们探索着
Here, in our Institute, we seek
极尽所能 去创设一个更出色
to devote our energies to designing a better
更人道 更公平的新世界
new, more humane and equitable world
以实现斯蒂勒先生以及我们所有人的希望和梦想
to meet the hopes and dreams of Mr. Stiller and us all.
现在 用餐吧
Now, a snack.
你和哈特曼的关系怎样?
What’s your true relationship to Hartmann?
哈特曼先生是我的朋友
Mr. Hartmann is a friend.
好朋友
A good friend.
私底下 奥普先生 只是私底下
In private, Mr. Rupp, only in private.
哈恩那时的提议…
Hahn’s advice from the other day…
我觉得有帮助
I think it helped.
至少我知道我出了什么问题
At least I know what’s wrong with me.
我肯定你不久就会好的
I’m sure you’ll be better soon.
那天晚上的事 真的很抱歉
About the other night, I’m truly sorry.
我不清醒
I was out of it.
哈恩管这叫“偏执狂”
Hahn called it “paranoia”.
也许是对的
He’s probably right.
当一切进展顺利 我就很高兴
I’ll be so happy when everything’s OK.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!