Home 喜剧电影 浮生若梦(1938)

浮生若梦(1938)

0
浮生若梦(1938)

Tony, don’t you remember what. . .
托尼 你忘了吗
Have you all met? Yes.
你们都见过面了? 是啊
Dear, I’m so confused.
大概是我弄错了
You see, I had such a nice party arranged for tomorrow night.
我一直在安排明晚
Perhaps we can come back again tomorrow night.
或许我们明天晚上再来
Yes, of course.
是啊
Sit down, Mr. Kirby. Thank you.
请坐 谢谢
Mother, I guess we’d better see about getting dinner.
妈妈 我们该准备一些晚餐吧
That’s all done, Alice.
已经在准备了
He didn’t touch second.
他真的很急
Mother, what did you send out for?
你叫他出去干什么?
Mr. Kirby should have told you that he suffers from indigestion.
我先生没告诉你 他的消化不好吗
Now, now, Miriam. It isn’t as serious as all that.
够了 没那么严重
Perhaps it is not indigestion. Perhaps it is stomach ulcers.
或许不只是消化不良 很有可能是胃溃疡
Ulcers?
胃溃疡?
Don’t pay any attention to Mr. Kolenkhov.
你别太在意他说的话
He’s Russian and the Russians are inclined to look on the dark side.
他是俄♥国♥人 总是往坏方面想
All right, I’m Russian,
我是俄♥国♥人
but a friend of mine, a Russian, died from stomach ulcers.
我有俄♥国♥朋友就是死于胃溃疡
Mr. Kolenkhov, Mr. Kirby has indigestion and that’s all.
够了 柯比先生 只不过是消化不良
All right, let him wait.
好吧 就算是
Please, folks. Let’s not discuss Mr. Kirby’s ulcers.
拜托 别再提这件事情了
Grandpa, please talk about something else.
老爹 聊点别的
Ask Mr. Kirby about business.
谈谈柯比先生的生意
I’ll be right back.
我马上回来
As a matter of fact, Mr. Kirby, how are business conditions?
最近生意做的如何?
What?
什么?
Well, that depends on what side of the fence you’re on.
这得看是哪一方面
Personally, I find an improvement.
我个人是认为有些改进
There are two schools of thought on that subject,
虽然有人刚才提到那话题
and I have no ulcers.
我没有胃溃疡
You wait.
你就等着瞧吧
Do you mind if I smoke a cigar? Not at all. Of course not.
我可以抽根雪茄吗? 当然可以 请便
What about the unemployment problem?
失业的问题怎么样?
Unemployment?
失业?
Unemployment is not the main problem, Mr. Vanderhof.
失业并非是主要问题
No? Why, that’s I funny. I’d have thought. . . Yes, I know.
不是吗?这很有趣我还以为 我知道
But that sort of viewpoint is purely emotional,
有些人对这问题很情绪化
not economic.
而不从经济眼光去看
Now, for instance, in 1929. . .
比方说 在一九二九年…
My goodness, that’s wonderful.
天啊 太好了
It really frightened you, didn’t it?
把你们吓了一跳
Mr. Poppins.
波平斯先生
Mr. and Mrs. Kirby.
这是柯比先生
How do you do? How do you do?
你好 你好
Mr. Poppins makes up these masks as a sort of hobby.
他的嗜好是制♥造♥面具
Really?
是吗?
I think he ought to warn people
我觉得他冒出来之前
before he pops up in front of them like that.
该预先示警一下
Now, let me see. What can we talk about?
我想想看 有什么话题可谈?
Have you any hobbies, Mr. Kirby? Business is my hobby.
你有什么嗜好吗? 我的嗜好是做生意
Grandpa plays the harmonica. Really?
爷爷喜欢吹口琴 真的?
Did you ever try one, Mr. Kirby?
你想试一下吗?
Well, I. . .
嗯 我…
He used to be champ.
他本来是个口琴高手
He won first prize at amateur night.
还拿到过业余比赛冠军
Told me so himself, didn’t you, Dad?
是他自己告诉我的 是吗 爸爸?
Say, I bet you and I could do a mean duet.
真的吗 咱们可以合奏一段
I’m too busy a man to fool around with harmonicas.
我这么忙 哪有空吹口琴
Here we are.
来了
Did you get everything, Donald?
都买♥♥到了吗?
Yes. They didn’t have anymore weenies, so I got pickled pigs’ feet.
他们没有玉米 我就买♥♥酸黄瓜
Just take everything into the kitchen.
把所有东西都放进厨房♥
Mr. Kirby, I’ll have some scrambled eggs made for you,
我替你炒一些蛋
and a plain salad.
加沙拉
Will that be all right? That’ll be fine. Thank you.
可以吗? 太好了 谢谢
Forgot the mustard.
忘了买♥♥芥末
That’s that, I guess. Fine impression we’re making.
这下完蛋了 他们一定气炸了
Tony, how could you make such a dreadful mistake?
托尼 你怎么这么糊涂?
You knew it was for tomorrow night.
你明知道是明天晚上
Yeah, I guess it wasn’t such a hot idea.
我不知道会弄成这样
You mean you did it on purpose?
你意思是说 你是故意的?
Tony, that’s dreadful. How could you do such a thing?
这实在太差劲了 你为什么这样子
Alice, you know I didn’t want to bring them down here at all,
我根本不想带他们来这里
but you insisted.
但他们坚持要来
But if they have to meet you, I want them to meet you as you are.
既然你坚持要请他们来
Not on some trumped-up evening
我希望他们见到实际的情形
with everybody acting unnaturally.
不必叫大家表演
There’s nothing unnatural in wanting them to like us.
叫他们喜欢我们 没什么不对
If they don’t like you the way they are, it’s just too bad.
他们不喜欢的话又怎么样
It doesn’t make any difference to me what they think.
况且 我根本不在乎他们的想法
If you’d just left things alone, everything would have been all right.
你别自作聪明就好了
But, no, you had to go and get funny and spoil everything.
可是你却想作弄我 什么事都搞得一团糟
It was a pretty stupid idea, I know.
我知道我♥干♥的事很愚蠢
But, Alice, I’m just trying to be honest about this thing.
我只是想我们应该坦诚一点
I brought my family down here just as they are, stuffed shirts and all.
我把我家人带来 彼此认识一下
I’m not trying to put on an act with them.
这没什么好假装的
Why should you have to with yours?
为什么你一直想隐瞒什么?
Look, I’m trying to be honest, too.
我也想坦诚一点
Can’t you understand? I’ve got to get their approval.
你不懂吗?我必须得到他们的赞同
I’m not going to stand for your mother
我受不了你♥妈♥的♥那种眼光
looking at me as if I were a thief or something.
好像把我当小偷的样子
What do you think I am, a goop?
你以为我是什么?
Start the eggs, Rheba.
我可不要当傻瓜
Have you any hobbies, Mrs. Kirby?
你有什么嗜好吗 柯比太太?
Well, as a matter of fact, I have.
事实上 我是有些嗜好
I’m a student of occultism.
我正在研究灵异学
What’s that? That’s spiritualism, dear.
什么? 就是通灵术
Spiritualism? Mrs. Kirby, I’m surprised.
我真是想不到
Everybody knows spiritualism is a fake. l beg your pardon?
我一直以为那是骗人的把戏呢 你说什么?
Now, Penny. You mustn’t criticize other people’s hobbies.
潘妮 你不能批评别人的嗜好
You got one or two of your own, you know.
你自己也有一些嗜好
Yes, but not silly ones.
是啊 可是没那么蠢
Well, I. . .
嗯 我…
The perfect hobby should improve the body as well as the mind.
正常的嗜好应该是对身心有帮助的
The Romans were great people. Why?
为什么罗马人如此优秀
What was their hobby? Wrestling.
因为他们的嗜好就是摔跤
In wrestling you must think quick with the mind
你必须利用脑筋思考
and act quick with the body.
同时利用身体出力
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. I agree with you.
是啊 是啊 我同意你的话
When I was young, I was pretty good at it myself.
我年轻时也是角力好手
But, unfortunately, as one grows older. . . Foolishness.
可惜现在年纪大了 愚蠢
Once a wrestler, you never forget.
一旦玩过角力 绝不会忘记
I have not done it for six years, but I forget nothing.
我已经六年没有试过身手了 但我一点没有生疏
Look.
看着
What’s happening in here?
这里发生了什么?
Sit down, Mr. Kirby.
坐下 柯比先生
Where are my glasses? Here they are.
我的眼镜哪里去了? 在这里…
Mr. Kirby, they’re broken.
柯比先生 已经破了
I am sorry, but when you wrestle again, Mr. Kirby, you will of course
抱歉 当你下次摔跤的时候
not wear your glasses.
记住别再戴眼镜
I do not intend to wrestle again, sir.
我可不想再摔跤
That was very silly, Kolenkhov.
你实在太糊涂了 科伦柯霍夫
I’m sorry you did that.
你不该这样做的
I’m sorry, Mr. Kirby.
对不起 柯比先生
If you don’t mind, I think we better be going.
我想我们该走了
That’s the best idea I’ve heard yet. Please don’t go.
这真是天大的好消息 拜托 别走
You’re absolutely right, Mrs. Kirby. I think you should go.
你说得对 我想你们该走了
The whole thing was a mistake.
这整件事就是个误会
I’m terribly sorry for everything.
我真的非常抱歉