Yes, second seat over, miss.
这里是二等座位
I can talk and I can listen,
我可以说 也可以听你说
or I can just sit. What will you have?
也可以呆呆坐着 你想怎样
Well, I think I’d like to have this first.
我喜欢你这个样子
Well, Mr. Moody, what are you thinking about?
你心里在想什么
Me? No. . .
我?没什么…
That family of yours. Boy, they knocked me for a loop.
你家人真把我吓一跳
I don’t know.
你不知
It just seems like,
似乎
in their own way, they’ve found what everybody’s looking for.
他们每个人都得其所哉
People spend their whole lives building castles in the air
人们常常一辈子忙东忙西
and then nothing ever comes of them.
结果到头来一事无成
Wonder why that is?
想知道为什么吗?
Well, it takes courage.
这需要很大的勇气
Everybody’s afraid to live. You know?
每个人都惧怕生活
You ought to hear Grandpa on that subject.
你和爷爷一定很谈得来
You know, he says most people nowadays are run by fear,
他常说 人们被恐惧所支配
fear of what they eat, fear of what they drink,
恐惧自己吃的和喝的东西
fear of their jobs, their future, fear of their health.
恐惧自己的工作前途和健康
They’re scared to save money, and scared to spend it.
又存钱又花钱
You know what his pet aversion is? What?
这是商业造成的结果 什么?
That people who commercialize on fear,
就是广♥告♥中的那些人
you know, they scare you to death
利用你的恐惧向你推销
so they can sell you something you don’t need.
一些你根本用不着的东西
Yeah, I agree with him.
是的 我很赞成他的看法
So he kind of taught all of us not to be afraid of anything
他劝我们什么都不要怕
and to do what we want to do,
做我们喜欢的事情
and, well, it’s kind of fun, anyway.
尽情享受人生
Yeah, well that’s it, but that takes courage.
没错 这需要不小的勇气
Especially that do- what- you- want- to- do department.
尤其是做自己喜欢做的事情
I remember in college, another guy
我记得在大学和另一个同学
and I had an idea to. . .
当时我们有一个点子
Mind if I talk about myself?
不介意我谈谈自己吧?
If you don’t, I will.
只要你不介意的话
Well, this guy and I had this idea.
这家伙和我想出一个点子
We wanted to find out
我们想找出来
what made the grass grow green.
草为何会变绿
Now, that sounds silly and everything,
这听起来实在很愚蠢
but that’s the biggest research problem in the world today.
但这是世上最大的研究课题
And I’ll tell you why.
我跟你解释为什么
Because there’s a tiny little engine
因为在树木花草当中
in the green of this grass and in the green of the trees
都有一个微小的引擎
that has the mysterious gift
里面有一种奇妙的力量
of being able to take energy from the rays of the sun and store it up.
可以把阳光的能量储存起来
You see,
所以
that’s how the heat, and power in coal, and oil,
煤和石油中储存着热量和能量
and wood, is stored up.
煤炭和木材才具有热能
Well, we thought if we could find the secret
我们想 若是能解开这个谜
of all those millions of little engines in this green stuff,
探索这些微小无比的引擎内部
we can make big ones,
就可以制♥造♥大型的引擎
and then we could take all the power we could ever need
将太阳的能量
right from the sun’s rays.
全部储存起来
You see?
明白了?
That’s wonderful. I never knew that. Yeah, yeah.
太棒了 我从没想到这个 是啊
We worked on it and worked
我们一直辛苦研究
day and night. We got so excited we forgot to sleep.
常常兴奋得忘了睡觉
If we’d make just one little discovery,
如果有了一点小小的发现
we’d walk on air for days.
就整天快活无比
Yeah, then what?
然后呢?
Well, then we left school.
后来 我们离开学校
And now he’s selling automobiles
现在他是汽车业务员
and I’m in some strange thing called banking.
一想起过去 就有种怪怪的感觉
I saw him a couple of weeks ago.
我前几个星期还看到他
Poor guy. Bob Smith is his name.
可怜的家伙…他叫鲍勃·史密斯
Got all excited again, wanted to talk about nothing else.
我们彼此都很兴奋 一直提起从前的事情
And?
然后呢?
Well, he’s married, and his wife just had a baby.
他结婚了 他老婆刚生了小孩
Didn’t think it was fair to gamble with the future.
不敢再将前途孤注一掷
Anyway, that’s his excuse for lack of courage.
其实 这是他缺乏勇气的借口
Don’t say it. What’s my excuse?
真可悲 我又有什么借口?
Well, the Kirbys have been bankers for 9,000 years or something.
柯比家族一直是搞银行的
And that line just can’t be broken.
我一直不敢破坏这个传统
Now, that’s been pounded into my head
这让我手软脚软
until I have softening of the brain.
大脑退化
That’s my excuse.
这是我的借口
Tony, that’s kind of silly, you’re pretty young to. . .
别说傻话 你现在还年轻
Besides, I resent what you said about your brain.
况且 我很欣赏你的头脑
I think it’s beautiful.
我觉得它很美
You do?
真的?
You don’t say.
你别说
That’s probably the first thing you noticed about me,
或许 你一开始
that you liked my colossal brain.
就注意到我的头脑
Well, no. No, it was the back of your head.
那倒不是 我先看到的是你的后脑勺
Back of my head? Yes.
我的后脑勺 是的
Nothing but a big bump back there. The shape of it.
只不过是一个大隆起 它的形状
Well, what happened when I turned around?
那我转身之后呢?
Well, I figured I’d just have to get used to that.
我想我必须习惯一下
You figured?
你习惯吗?
I figured it might not take very long, but I figured I’d just. . .
但一下子就习惯了
You just figured that you’d get used to it? Yes.
一你习惯了吗?- 是的
I’m glad you figured. Yes.
很高兴你习惯 是
What do you say, mister? Want to learn to do the Big Apple?
先生 来赞助一下吧
That’s against the law, you know? So is necking.
这是违法的 知道吗?
How much is it? Ten cents.
多少钱? 一毛
Wouldn’t do it for a nickel, would you?
输了怎么办?
I get it.
好吧
Can you do the Big Apple?
你要上场吗?
No, can you? No.
不 你呢? 不
All right. I’ll take a chance. There you are. What do we do?
给你要怎么做?
You just watch them. It’s a lead pipe cinch.
你们先看一下
Okay, Red. You and Snoopy. Make it hot. Let her go.
你和史努比跳得精彩一点
You just watch them.
转动你的脚趾
Yeah.

Okay. Dorothy, you take this man.
多萝西 你带他
Come on, wiggle. Wiggle?
来吧 扭动 扭动?
Point your toe.
你的脚趾
Which toe? That one.
哪个脚趾? 那个
Come on, wiggle!
扭动
It’s no good unless you wiggle.
除非你扭动 否则不好看
That’s right. Wiggle.
没错 扭动
Swell. Swell.
好棒 太棒了
The winner.
你是冠军
Come on. Take it easy, Alice.
放轻松 爱丽丝
You ready? Ready.
准备好了? 准备好了
You all set now? And. . . Yep.
你们都准备好了吗?还有 是的
Shuffle, and shuffle, and move around.
左右移♥动♥
Break, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.
一 二 三 四 五 六 七
Step, kick, step, kick, one, two, three. . .
一 二 三
Come on, sister, loosen up. You’re too stiff.
大姐 放轻松一点
Yeah, Alice. Loosen up. That’s it.
爱丽丝放松 就是这样
Very good. The new champion.
太好了 产生新的冠军
All right. Grab your partners.
好牵着你的搭档
Wonder whatever happened to Astaire and Rogers.
不知道阿斯泰尔和罗杰斯究竟怎么了
Jiggers, the cops.
条子来了
Some swank.
骗局
I’ve never been here before.
我之前从没来过这里
Good evening, Mr. Kirby. Good evening.
晚安 柯比先生
Say, we seem to be attracting a little attention.
我们好像很引人注目
No. It isn’t you they are watching. It’s Lord Melville.
他们不是在看你们 是麦尔维尔勋爵
Lord Melville? Yes.
麦尔维尔勋爵? 怎么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!