Home 喜剧电影 浮生若梦(1938)

浮生若梦(1938)

0
浮生若梦(1938)

Yes, but I never knew what it was.
是啊 但从不知道是什么味道
It’s hers. It’s never left here. She hasn’t either.
那就是她 她一直都在这里 她根本没有死
I can still hear the tinkle of her thin little voice
我似乎还能听见她那娇滴滴的声音
and see her eyes laughing.
看见她微笑的眼睛
That’s the reason I’ve lived in this house so many years
所以 这些年我一直住在这间屋子里
and could never move out.
不愿不搬出去
It would be like moving out on Grandma.
不能抛下你的祖母
You go on back to that infernal package of yours.
你继续忙你的吧
Now, wait just a minute. It’s for you.
等一下 这是给你的
For me? Yes.
给我? 是的
Why, bless my soul. It’s a new harmonica.
太好了 是个新口琴
That’s for your birthday. My birthday?
庆祝你的生日 我生日?
How do you know when my birthday is?
你怎么知道我生日是哪一天的?
I don’t even know myself.
我连自己都不知道
Anytime I get an impulse to buy you a present, that’s your birthday.
只要我买♥♥礼物 就算你生日
Well, thanks, darling.
谢谢你 亲爱的
Grandpa.
爷爷
Grandpa, I hope you like him.
我希望你会喜欢他
Anybody you fall in love with is all right with me, Alice.
只要你喜欢的人就好
You know that. Thanks, Grandpa.
你知道的 谢谢 爷爷
Incidentally, what’s his name?
还有 他叫什么名字?
Tony Kirby.
托尼·柯比
Not the son of the Kirby? Yes.
不会是那个大亨的儿子吧? 正是
Pretty snooty outfit, aren’t they?
他们不会很势利吧?
Yes, but it’s all right. Tony told his mother all about it.
托尼已经全告诉他母亲了
It doesn’t matter, I’m so happy.
没关系 我真的好高兴
I can’t think about anything.
我根本不关心别的
You go right on being happy.
你一定会很幸福的
Yes, I think I’ll go downstairs and take a whack at this.
我想下楼去试试这口琴
I wonder where Alice’s boyfriend is.
她的男朋友快来了吧
Isn’t that the doorbell? Doorbell’s ringing.
那是电铃♥声♥吗? 门铃响了
Get the doorbell, somebody. Want me to go?
谁去开门 要我去吗?
Never mind, everybody. I’m coming.
我去开门
I’ll answer it. It’s all right, Rheba. I’ll go.
我马上就下来
Grandpa, he’s here. Alice’s young man.
爷爷 我知道一定是他来了
Now, remember what she said.
不管他等一下说什么
Everybody be nice to him.
你们都要对他好一点
That’s the first time that doorbell’s rung since Halloween.
自从过完万圣节后 门铃就再没响过了
Pipe, pipe.
烟斗收起来
Welcome to our little home. How do you do?
欢迎来到敝舍 你好?
I’m Alice’s mother. Come right in.
我是爱丽丝的母亲
Everybody’s dying to know you.
大家都在等着认识你呢
Now, here we are.
现在我们在这里
That is Grandpa, and that is Alice’s father,
这是爷爷 这是爱丽丝的父亲
Alice’s sister and her husband, Ed Carmichael.
爱丽丝的姐姐和她丈夫
Let me take your hat and make yourself at home.
我替你拿帽子 别客气
I’m afraid there’s been some mistake. How’s that?
你们八成是搞错了 怎么回事?
My card.
这是我的名片
WiIbur G. Henderson. Internal Revenue Dept.
威尔伯·G·亨德森 国税局
Well, for heaven’s sake.
噢 天啊!
I’m looking for Martin Vanderhof. Right here, sir.
我是来找马丁·范德夫的 就在这里 先生
Excuse me. I’ve got some work to do.
抱歉 我还要去忙我的事
Mind if I sit down?
我可以坐下吗?
Sit right down, sir. Sit down.
请便 先生
Mr. Vanderhof, the government wants to talk to you
政♥府♥有点所得税的事
about a little matter of income tax.
要请教你
Income tax?
所得税?
Is that Mr. Kirby, Mother?
他来了吗 妈妈?
No, dear, it’s an internal something or other.
不是 是国税局的官员
Pardon me.
对不起
Mr. Vanderhof, we’ve written you several letters about this,
我们已经寄了一封信给你
but we’ve received no reply.
可是没有收到回信
That’s what those letters were. Did you hear that, Penny?
原来是你们寄来的信 你听见了吗 潘妮?
This is the party that’s been writing to me.
是他们写给我的信
Well, it’s not me, Mr. Vanderhof.
并不是我本人 范先生
You see, the Internal Revenue Office. . .
而是国税局
That must be him now. Doorbell’s ringing again.
一定是他了 门铃又响了
l heard the doorbell. Are you all right?
我听到门铃响了 你还好吗?
Want me to go?
我去开门?
Pipe, pipe.
烟斗收起来
How do you do, Mr. Kirby? Come right in. Thank you.
你好 柯比先生 请进 谢谢
We’ve been expecting you.
我们大家都在等你
You are Mr. Kirby, aren’t you? Yes.
你是柯比先生 没错吧? 没错
Well, thank heavens. Here he is. This is really Mr. Kirby.
谢天谢地 他来了 这次真的是柯比先生
This is Alice’s father, her grandfather,
这位是爱丽丝的父亲和祖父
her sister Essie, Essie’s husband.
这是埃西和她老公
Won’t you sit down, Mr. Kirby?
请坐 柯比先生
Yes.
好的
Mother, is that Mr. Kirby, Mother? Yes, dear. He’s lovely.
妈妈 柯比来了吗? 是啊 他好迷人
I’ll be right down.
我马上下来
She’ll be right down. Well, thank you very much.
她马上下来 好的 非常感谢
Well. . .
嗯…
Do y’all play football? A little, yeah.
你会打橄榄球吗? 会点啊
Gosh, you’re. . . You’re awful young to be a vice president.
你当副总裁 的确是很年轻
Well, you know what that means, vice president. . .
你知道副总裁指的是什么…
All I have is just an office with my name on the door.
只不过是在门上刻上我的名字
Is that all?
就这么简单吗?
I have a secretary. A very lovely secretary, too.
我还有一个秘书 非常迷人
Isn’t that sweet, Ed?
他真会讲话 爸爸
How about salary? Don’t you get any salary?
你有领薪水?
A little. More than I’m worth, I’m afraid.
一点点 但比我做的事多得多
I beg your pardon.
抱歉 打扰一下
Well, I suppose you’re ready to settle down and get married now?
我想 你大概打算结婚了吧?
Come now, Penny. I’m sure Mr. Kirby knows his own mind.
这点柯比先生自己会有打算的
You mustn’t rush him, Mother.
你不要逼的太急 妈妈
All I meant was, he’s bound to get married,
我只是怕他
and suppose the wrong girl gets him.
娶不到好女孩
Mr. Vanderhof, I’ve got to be going.
范先生 我得先走了
Too bad. I’m sorry you can’t stay to dinner.
真可惜 你不能留下来吃晚餐
Drop in again.
欢迎有空再过来
If you don’t mind, I’d like to settle my business before I go.
我离开之前 必须把事情办完
He’s selling something for the government.
他是来替政♥府♥推销东西的
What can Ido for you?
有何可效劳之处?
Mr. Vanderhof, our records show
根据我们的记录上显示
that you’ve never paid any income tax.
你从来没付过所得税
That’s right. Why not?
没错 为何不付?
I don’t believe in it.
因为我不信这一套
You don’t believe in it?
你不信这一套?
Mr. Sycamore, I can’t get these things to go off. Look.
西卡摩先生 我一直点不着这个
Not now, Mr. DePinna.
不行 狄品那先生
No, no. Not now, Mr. DePinna. Grandpa’s busy.
拜托 爷爷有事在忙
Mr. Kirby. Mr. DePinna. How do you do, sir?
这位是狄品那先生 你好 先生?
Mr. Kirby, of course.
你就是柯比先生
Didn’t I read something about your father?
我在报上看到你♥爸♥爸的新闻
He was indicted or something, wasn’t he?
他好像惹上了一些官司
No, he just testified before the Securities Commission.
他只是在国防委员会前作证
I thought the cops had got him. No.
我想警方逮捕了他 没有
Come along, Mr. DePinna. Come on.
算了 跟我下楼
Now see here, Mr. Vanderhof.
范先生 不管你是否信这一套
Whether you believe it or not,
不管你相不相信
you owe the government 22 years back income taxes.
你欠了政♥府♥二十二年的所得税
Hey, wait a minute, mister.
等一下
That’s too far back. That’s outlawed, ain’t it?
这太荒唐了 那也不犯法啊
What’s your name? What difference does that make?
贵姓大名? 问这干嘛?
Did you ever file an income tax return? No, sir.
你有缴所得税的收据吗? 没有
What was your income last year?
你去年收入多少?
I don’t know, about $85, wasn’t it, Essie? I don’t know.
好像是八十五块左右? 不知道
Well. . .
算了…
Now, Mr. Vanderhof,
范先生
that’s a very serious thing, not filing an income tax return.
没缴所得税可是非常严重的事