We’ve got nothing exciting enough.
我们的创意不够
Mr. Sycamore, if I may suggest,
西卡摩先生 我有个建议
why not the Russian Revolution?
为什么不庆祝俄♥国♥革命?
There’s plenty of fireworks there.
他们一定需要很多烟火
The Russian RevoIution,
俄♥国♥革命
the clash of the colors, the reds and the whites.
红白相间象征革命的颜色
Mr. Poppins, you’ve hit on something brilliant.
是个好主意
I don’t understand.
我真的搞不懂
A letter for me? Must be some mistake.
居然有我的信 一定是弄错了
It had your name on it.
上面写你的名字
Where is it?
在哪里?
I don’t know. Where’s Grandpa’s letter? What, dear?
我不知道 爷爷的信在哪里? 亲爱的?
I said, where’s that letter that came for Grandpa last week?
我上礼拜收到一封给爷爷的信
Last week?
上个礼拜?
I don’t know. I remember seeing the kittens with it.
我不知道 我一点也没印象
Who was it from? Did you notice?
你知道是谁寄的吗?
The United States Government.
美国政♥府♥寄来的
Really? I wonder what they wanted.
真的吗?他们找我♥干♥嘛
There was one before that that came from the same people.
可以确定 他们找的就是你
I can’t imagine what they’d be writing me for.
我想不出他们找我做什么
It seems to me that
我想..
you could put your printing to some practical use.
你可以印刷的更实际一点
Wait a minute.
等一下
I have another idea.
我又有个主意
That wasn’t very loud, was it?
那不够大声
We can get it louder than that.
当然可以弄得更大声一点
What is your idea, Mr. Poppins?
你刚才说有什么主意?
Well, may I tell it? Yes.
可以说吗? 当然
Go back to work, Jim. Go on, back to work.
回去工作吧 吉姆 继续工作
Why shouldn’t Ed print something about the fireworks
把有关烟火的广♥告♥
and put it in the candy boxes?
印在糖果盒上
That would advertise the Revolution, wouldn’t it?
这可是革命性的创举
Say, Watch for the Revolution. It’s coming soon. ”
上面写着“当心 革命即将来临”
How’s that?
这主意怎么样
Watch for the Revolution. It’s coming soon.
当心 革命即将来临
Now I can use my big type.
可以用大字体
We’ve got plenty of these Red Flags. You can write about them.
还可以写些其他东西
The Red Flag will sweep the country.
红旗将横扫全国
Get your Red Flag from Sycamore.
把红旗从梧桐树上拿下来
Ed made up a beautiful song today by Chopin.
我老公今天作了一首肖邦的曲子
Hello, Miss Alice. Anybody get hurt when the ceiling fell in?
刚才天花板塌下来 被你逃过了
Forks on the left, forks on the left Forks on the left, forks on the left
左手拿叉 左手拿叉…
Rheba, Rheba forks on the left
瑞巴 左手拿叉
Get your Red Flag from Sycamore. How’s that sound, Alice?
苏联国旗 怎么样 爱丽丝?
Gather ’round, everybody. It’s the town crier.
大家上来 有事宣布
The town crier. What is it?
有事宣布 什么事?
Gather around, everybody.
大家快点集♥合♥
Where’s Grandpa? I have an announcement to make.
爷爷呢?我有事宣布
Well, what is it?
什么事?
A young gentleman is calling for me.
有个年轻人约我出去
Is that all, Alice?
就这么简单 拜托
Wait a minute. Maybe he’s a special young gentleman.
等一下 或许是个特别的年轻人
You may go to the head of the class, Essie.
他可是高人一等
Well, what’s special about him? Has he got horns or something?
难道他头上长了角不成?
Maybe he’s handsome like Ed. I’d better put a tie on.
或许是长得特别帅 我该去打领带
Where’d you meet him? Rheba, Rheba, set another place.
他在哪里? 另一个地方
No. Mother, we’re going out.
不用了 我们打算出去
I thought he’d better take you in easy doses.
我想 他那样会自在一点
And, Mother, please,
妈妈 拜托
don’t read any of your plays to him the first time he comes,
他第一次来 别吓着他
because, well, I like him.
因为我很喜欢他
Essie, I wouldn’t dance for him if I were you,
埃西 希望你不要在他面前跳舞
because we’re going to the Monte Carlo Ballet later.
因为我们要去看法国舞蹈团
Anybody know what time it is?
你们知道现在几点了?
Well, it was 5:00 about two hours ago, wasn’t it?
两小时前约是五点
Never mind.
没关系
Where’s Grandpa? He’s upstairs.
爷爷在哪里? 他在楼上
Incidentally, the young man’s name is Tony Kirby.
这年轻人名叫托尼·柯比
Let me know the minute he comes.
他来的时候马上叫我
Tony Kirby? Say, that’s the boss’s son. Really?
托尼·柯比?可是大老板的儿子 真的?
Yes, and she told me they’ve just made him vice president.
听说刚被任命为副总裁
Isn’t that wonderful?
太好了
We could have the wedding right here in this room.
可以在他房♥间办婚礼
Now, wait a minute, Penny.
等一下
This is the first time he’s called for the girl.
这是他第一次来找她
Well, you only called for me once.
你也只来找过我一次
Well, I know, but young folks are different nowadays.
这年头的年轻人不一样了
I don’t know. Look at Ed and me.
这很难说 拿艾米来说吧
He came to dinner once and just stayed.
他来吃过一次晚餐就不走了
That’s right.
没错
Yeah, and the whole Alabama football team would have stayed, too
就算整个足球队都来这里
if you’d had 10 more Essies. How am I doing, Essie?
我们也不想走了 埃西 我的表现如何?
Well, there’s a lot of fuss being made
这有什么大不了的
about a young man taking you out to dinner.
只是一个年轻人请你出去吃晚餐
What’s so exciting about that?
他们干嘛这么激动?
A proposal is exciting.
他向我求婚了
Proposal?
求婚?
Well, that’s something very different.
这就不一样了
Move over there and give me some room.
坐过去一点 让我坐下
Stop messing with that package.
别一直弄这个东西
And let’s get down to cases.
咱们开始谈正事
In love?
你谈恋爱了?
Well, well, I. . .
嗯 我…
WeII, I, my foot.
吞吞吐吐的
Either you are or you aren’t.
你要么是 要么不是
Let me look at your eyes.
让我看看你眼睛
Yes, of course.
还真是
Now, come on, tell me all about it.
快点告诉我
What kind of a boy is he? Do you have fun together?
他这人怎么样 你们在一起快乐吗?
Well, that’s no answer to any question.
这种回答等于废话
Is he nice?
他人好不好?
Can’t even talk about him, can you?
连话都说不出来了?
Not rationally.
很不理性 对吗?
Who’s asking you to be rational?
谁说不理性了?
Listen,
听着
when I was courting your grandmother,
我和你祖母谈恋爱的时候
it took me two years to propose.
花了两年才向她求婚
You know why?
你猜为什么?
The moment she’d walk into a room, my knees buckled.
只要她一走进房♥间 我就双脚发软
The blood would rush up into my head
血液冲上我的脑袋
and the walls would start to dance.
墙壁开始晃动
Twice I keeled over in a dead faint.
其中有两次差点晕倒
Why, Grandpa.
为啥 爷爷
Yeah, she finally dragged it out of me when I was in bed
有一次 我发高烧躺在床上
with a 104-fever and in a state of hysteria.
当时神智不清向她求婚
The moment she accepted,
当她答应我的那一刻
the fever went down to normal and I hopped out of bed.
体温立刻恢复正常
The case was written up in all the medical journals as the phenomenon of the times.
那次实在是一大奇迹
There was nothing phenomenal about it. I just had it bad, that’s all.
其实也没有什么
And I never got over it either.
我觉得自己永远也不会老
No, sir.
是 先生
Right up to the very last,
一直到最后的日子里
she couldn’t walk into a room
只要她一走进房♥间
without my heart going thump, thump, thump.
我的心仍然如小鹿乱撞
You darling.
哦 爷爷
I wish I’d known her.
真希望我能见到她
What was she like?
她长什么样子?
Look in there.
你看那边
This was her room, too.
这里本来是她的房♥间
Did you ever notice the peculiar fragrance in here?
你注意到这里有种特殊的香味吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!