我那么卖♥♥力地宣传 却一点好转都没有吗
All this publicity and not one bit of difference?
伯蒂 我该怎么办
Birdie, what am I going to do?
妈妈会怎么做
What would Mom have done?
那就问问她吧
Well, let’s ask her.
塞西莉亚 我们该怎么办
Cecilia, what should we do?
-伯蒂 -小声点
– Birdie? – Shh.
她也不知道
She has no idea.
但她觉得橱窗展示很漂亮
But she thinks the window display is lovely.
-晚安 亲爱的 -晚安
– Good night, dearie. – Good night.
我需要帮助
I need help.
你还想和我见面吗
Do you still want to meet me?
我很乐意见你 告诉我时间和地点
I would love to meet you. Where? When?
所以她是拿着一本夹着花的书喽
So I suppose she’s carrying a copy of a book with a flower in it?
不是吗
Not really?
她可能很丑
She could be a real dog, man.
我就待十分钟
I’m only staying 10 minutes.
我就打个招呼
I’m gonna say hello,
喝杯咖啡 然后就走人
I’m gonna have a cup of coffee and then I’m gonna split.
这就是我的打算
That’s what I’m gonna do.
希望她的声音不要又尖又细
Hope she doesn’t have one of those high squeaky voice
就像《灰姑娘》里的老鼠一样
like the mice in Cinderella.
我不喜欢 我为什么要这么做
I hate– Why am I even doing this?
我为什么会答应去见她 为什么
Why am I compelled to even meet her? Why?
乔 放松 你只是在更进一步而已
Joe, relax. You’re just taking it to the next level.
我就老是这样
I always do that.
我就总是会让感情更进一步
I always take a relationship to the next level.
如果这一步迈出去了 那我就会再迈一步
If that works out, I take it to the next level after that.
直到我达到某种
Till I finally reach that level
让我必须离开的地步
where it becomes absolutely necessary for me to leave.
反正我也只打算待一小会儿
I’m not gonna stay that long anyway.
我已经说过这话了 不是吗
I already said that, didn’t I?
是的
Yes, you did.
好的 拉罗咖啡馆 就是这儿了
Well, okay. Café Lalo. This is it.
-现在八点 天哪 我们走得好快 -没错
– Eight o’clock. Boy, we got here fast, didn’t we? – Yep.
凯文
Kevin…
这个女人是我接触过的最可爱的人
this woman is the most adorable creature I ever gotta in contact with.
就算她长得像个邮箱
If she turns out even to be as good-looking as a mailbox…
要是我没有不顾一切地去娶她 那我就是疯了
I’d be crazy not to turn my life upside down and marry her.
她可能真的长得很丑呢
She could be a real dog.
不过祝你好运
But good luck.
你能帮我去看看吗
Would you go and look for me?

Me?
没错 你就隔着玻璃帮我看她一眼 拜托了
Yes, just go look through the window and check her out. Please?
好吧
All right.
你太可悲了
You’re pathetic, man.
好吧 让我来瞧瞧
All right. I’ll see what I see.
你看见她了吗
You see her?
等等啊
Yeah.
等等 我看见了
Oh, wait, yeah.
我看见一个超美的姑娘
I see a very beautiful girl.
她很不错 真的很不错
She’s fine. She’s fine.
-我就知道 -她美极了
– I knew it. – She’s gorgeous.
我就知道 我就知道
I knew she would be. I knew it.
但她手里没书
But no book.
好了 不逗你了 等等
All right. Okay, wait. Wait a minute.
找到了 夹着花的书 这肯定是她了
Alright. There’s a book with a flower. So this got to be her.
她看起来到底什么样啊
And what does she look like?
我看不见 服务员挡住视线了
Can’t see her. Waiter’s blocking.
该死
Damn it!
等等 他走了 他走了
Hold on, he’s moving, he’s moving.
然后呢
Yeah?
你看见她了吗
Can you see her?
你看见她了吗
Can you see her?
看见了
Yeah.
然后呢
And?
她很漂亮
She’s very pretty.
她漂亮
She is!
我就知道她漂亮 她肯定长得好看
I knew she would be! She had to be!
她肯定好看
She had to be!
你猜怎么着
You know what?
她看起来
She look–
她长得很像…
I mean, she almost has the same coloring as…
那个凯瑟琳·凯莉
that Kathleen Kelly person.
经营那家小书店的凯瑟琳·凯莉吗
Kathleen Kelly of the little bookstore?
那又如何 你也说过你觉得她很漂亮
Why not? You said you thought she was attractive.
是啊 那又如何呢 谁在乎凯瑟琳·凯莉啊
Absolutely. Yes. Why not? Who cares about Kathleen Kelly?
如果你不喜欢凯瑟琳·凯莉的话…
Well, if you don’t like Kathleen Kelly…
我现在就可以告诉你
I can tell you right now…
你不会喜欢这姑娘的
you ain’t gonna like this girl.
为什么
Why not?
因为她就是凯瑟琳·凯莉
Because it is Kathleen Kelly.
所以你打算怎么做
So what are you going to do?
什么也不做
Nothing.
这话什么意思 你就打算让她干等一晚上吗
What do you mean nothing? You just gonna let her wait there all night?
没错 我就打算这么做
Yes. Yes, I am. That’s exactly what I’m going to do.
晚安 凯文 明早再见
Good night. Kevin. I’ll see you in the morning.
介意我借用一下这张椅子吗
Do you mind if I borrow this chair?
别拿 我介意 抱歉
Yes, yes, I mind. Sorry.
我在等人
I’m expecting someone.
要给您再续一杯茶吗
Would you like another tea?
好的 谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
凯瑟琳·凯莉
Kathleen Kelly.
你好啊 遇见你真巧
Hello. This is a coincidence.
介意我坐下吗
Would you mind if I sat down?
别坐 我介意 我在等人 谢谢
Yes, yes, I would, actually. I’m expecting someone. Thanks.
《傲慢与偏见》
Pride and Prejudice.
请你离开好吗
Do you mind?
你肯定每年都会把这本书读一遍
I bet you read that book every year.
你肯定特别喜欢那位…
I bet you just love that…
达西先生
Mr. Darcy.
你一想到他和那个谁会不会真的在一起
Your sentimental heart just beats wildly at the thought that he and…
管她哪个谁
Well, you know, whatever her name is
你那颗多愁善感的心就会砰砰狂跳
are truly, honestly going to end up together.
-请问您需要什么吗 -不用 他马上就走
– Can I get you something? – No, no, he’s not staying.
摩卡奇诺 低咖脱脂
Mochaccino decaf, nonfat.
不行 你不能留下
No, no. You are not staying.
我就待到你朋友来为止
I’ll just stay here until your friend gets here.
天哪 他是不是迟到了
Gee, is he late?
《傲慢与偏见》的女主角是伊丽莎白·本内特
The heroine of Pride and Prejudice is Elizabeth Bennet.
她是历代文学作品中最伟大和最复杂的角色之一
She is one of the greatest and most complex character ever written.
你是不会懂的
Not that you would know.
其实我读过这本书
As a matter of fact, I’ve read it.
那您可真棒
Oh, well, good for you.
如果你真的了解我本人 你会发现很多东西
Think you’d discover a lot of things if you really knew me.
如果我真的了解你 我知道我会发现什么
If I really knew you, I know what I would find.
该放脑子的地方放着收银机
Instead of a brain, a cash register.
该放心的地方放着账本
Instead of a heart, a bottom line.
怎么了
What?
-我刚刚取得了重大突破 -是什么
– I just had a breakthrough. – What is it?
我得谢谢你 这是我这辈子第一次
I have you to thank for, for the first time in my life,
当我面对着一个讨厌且麻木不仁的人时
when confronted with a horrible, insensitive person…
我清楚地知道我要说什么 而且我说出来了
I knew exactly what I wanted to say, and I said it.
我觉得你有这方面的天赋
Well, I think you have a gift for it.
刚刚的那番话真是刻薄和诗意的完美结合
That was a perfect blend of poetry and meanness.
刻薄 我来告诉你什么叫刻薄
Meanness? Let me tell you something about meanness.
别误会 我只是想夸你
Don’t misunderstand me. I’m just trying to pay you a compliment.
-你为什么要碰这朵花 -这是什么
– Why are you touching it? – What is this?
-你干什么 -这是红玫瑰吗
– What are you doing? – Is this a red rose?
不 这是深红玫瑰
No, you know, it’s a crimson rose.
肯定又是你从哪本书里看来的
Something you read about in a book, no doubt.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!