Kathleen Kelly. I own this store. And you are?
乔 叫我乔就好
Joe. Just call me Joe.
这些书我们要了
We’ll take these books.
好的
Okay.
你会再光顾的 对吗
You’re gonna come back, aren’t you?
-当然 -你看
– Of course. – See?
这就是为什么我们的店不会关门
That is why we won’t go under.
因为我们的顾客都很忠诚
Because our customers are loyal.
他们要在街角开一家福克斯书城
They’re opening a Fox Books around the corner.
-福克斯书城 我爸爸… -喜欢买♥♥打折的书
– Fox Books! My daddy– – Likes to buy discount.
但不要告诉别人 亲爱的 这没什么好骄傲的
But don’t tell anybody that, honey. It’s nothing to be proud of.
福 克 斯[和狐狸同音]F-o-x.
真厉害 你能拼出”狐狸”
That’s amazing! You can spell “Fox”.
你能不能拼出”狗”
Can you spell “Dog”?
福 克 斯
F-o-x.
看这本恐龙书 这是一本立体画恐龙书
Look at this dinosaur book. It’s a pop-up dinosaur book.
你想不想要一本这样的恐龙书
Wouldn’t you like to have a dinosaur book like that?
你们想不想读一读这本书
Wouldn’t you like to read that?
安娜贝尔 你坐在这给马修读书
Here, Annabel. You sit here and read Matt the book
等我把事情处理好
until I take care of things.
不管你们做什么 千万不要听我说话
Whatever you do, just don’t listen to anything I say.
好吗 谢谢
Okay? Thank you.
那本立体画恐龙书我们也要了
We’ll take that pop-up book as well.
打折并不代表着一切
The world is not driven by discounts.
相信我 我入行很久了
Believe me. I’ve been in business forever.
在我六岁时 我放学后就会来店里帮我妈妈的忙
I mean, I started helping my mother after school here when I was 6 years old,
我会看着她
and I used to watch her.
她不仅仅是卖♥♥书
And it wasn’t that she was just selling books.
她在帮助他人
it was that she was helping people
发现未来的真实自我
become whoever it was they were going turn out to be.
因为你在儿童时期读的书
Because when you read a book as a child,
会成为你人格的一部分
it becomes part of your identity…
而在人生其他阶段所读的书却做不到这一点
in a way that no other reading in your whole life does.
我有些激动了
And I have gotten carried away.
是啊
Yeah.
没错 是有点
Yeah, you have.
你让我感觉…
You’ve made me feel….
很有魅力 你妈妈很有魅力
Enchanting. Your mother was enchanting.
没错
Yes, she was.
你打算怎么付款
How will you be paying for this?
现金
Cash.
你怎么知道的
How did you know that?
从照片上看到的
From the photograph.
照片里是你吗 你在干什么
That you in the photograph? What were you doing?
旋转
Twirling.
我和我妈妈以前常常这样旋转
My mother and I used to twirl.
总之 她把店留给了我
Anyway, she left the store to me,
我以后也要留给我的女儿
and I’m gonna leave it to my daughter.
一共七十三美元 谢谢
Seventy-three dollars, please.
多少
How much?
七十三美元
73 dollars.
你女儿多大了
How old is your daughter now?
不 我还没有女儿
No, I don’t have a daughter.
不 我还没结婚 但终归会有的…
No, I’m not married. But eventually….
那家可恶的福克斯大书城可以去死了
So the big, bad Fox Books can just go to hell.

Here you go.
谢谢 你们好了吗
Thank you. Hey, we’re ready?

Yeah.
真精致
That’s nice.
再见 凯瑟琳
Bye, Kathleen.
再见 安娜贝尔
Goodbye, Annabel.
再见 马修
Goodbye, Matt.
再见
Bye.
马修 我还有个问题要问你
Oh, Matt, You know what? I have to ask you another thing.
你能拼出猫吗
Can you spell cat?
福 克 斯
F-o-x.
猫 谢谢
Cat. Thanks.
还好没夹着鱼
Good thing it wasn’t the fish.
保重
Take care!
♪我正洗着澡 水花四溅♪
♪Splish Splash, I was takin’ a bath♪
♪渴望着一个周六夜♪
♪Long about a saturday night, yeah♪
福克斯父子书城
♪躺在浴缸里放松着 想着一切安好♪
Rub-a-dub, just relaxin’ in the tub♪
♪突然传来了敲门声♪
♪Thinkin’ everything was alright♪
♪我走出浴缸 站在地面上♪
♪I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor♪
♪把浴巾裹在身上 打开了门♪
♪I wrapped the towel around me and I opened the door♪
♪接着 水花四溅♪
♪And then splish, Splash!
♪我又跳进了浴缸♪
♪I jumped back in the bath♪
♪才发现浴缸里在开派对♪
♪Well how was I to know there was a party going on♪
♪水花四溅♪
♪There was a-splishin’ and a-splashin’♪
♪陶醉在那种感觉中♪
♪Reelin’ with the feelin’♪
♪在水中律动着♪
♪Moving and a-groovin♪
♪尽情地摇滚着♪
♪Rockin’ and a-rollin’, yeah♪
没有抗♥议♥ 也没有集♥会♥示♥威♥
No protests, no demonstrations.
周围居民很喜欢我们
The neighborhood loves us.
他们在想我们这些年都去哪儿了
They’re wondering where we’ve been all these years…
这么多年没有我们都是怎么过来的
wondering how they ever did without us.
我们大获成功
It’s a hit!
童书区怎么样
How’s the children’s department?
现在还早 学校还没放学
It’s early yet. School’s not out.
而且这附近还有一家儿童书店
And there is that children’s store nearby.
街角书店
Shop Around the Corner.
塞西莉亚的店 塞西莉亚·凯莉
Cecilia’s store. Cecilia Kelly.
我们可能约过一次会
I think we might have had a date once.
现在店主是她女儿
Her daughter owns it now.
我们会逼它关门
We’ll crush it.
她很有魅力
She was enchanting.
他们开业才六天
They’ve been open six days.
和去年同一周相比 我们少赚了一千二
And we did $1200 less than the same week last year.
他们可能只是运气好 对吗
That could be a fluke, right?
也可能不是
Or not.
他们的店刚开张
Their store is new.
新鲜一阵就过去了
It’s a novelty. It’ll all shake out.
与此同时 我要多放一些彩灯装饰品
Meanwhile, I’m putting up more twinkle lights.
这主意不错
That’s a fine idea.
如果我们必须得关门怎么办
What if we have to fold?
我肯定找不到别的兼♥职♥
I’m never gonna find another part-time job.
这样我就付不起房♥租
And then I’m not gonna be able to pay my rent,
那我就得搬家
and I’m gonna have to move.
搬去布鲁克林
To Brooklyn!
房♥租管制就是好啊 六间房♥
The joy of rent control. Six rooms…
一个月只要四百五
450 a month.
我们知道了 你都说过无数遍了
We know. You’ve told us a million times.
真不敢相信你居然现在提起这件事
You know, I can’t believe you’re bringing this up at a time like this.
这就像那些炫耀自己长得高的人一样
It’s like those people who brag because they’re tall.
各位 我们不会关门的
Guys, we are not going to fold.
我…
Hey, I–
这地方太闷了
This place is a tomb.
我要去坚果店找找乐子
I’m going to the nut shop where it’s fun.
乔治
George?
乔治
George?
米兰达
Miranda!
你好
Hi!
你好
Hi!
凯瑟琳 生意还过得去吧
Kathleen, are you surviving?
我们很高兴你要出新书了
Well, we’re so excited about your new book.
什么时候安排签名售书
When should we schedule a signing?
一月才出版
It’s being published in January.
你的店能撑到一月吗
Will you be in business in January?
我很担心
I’m so worried.
我们生意很好
We’re doing great.
对吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!