“我什么也听不见
“I hear nothing.
什么也听不见
Nothing.
听不见城市街头的任何声音 只有我自己的心跳声”
Not a sound on the city streets, just the beat of my own heart.”
我想应该是这么说的 差不多吧
I think that’s how it goes. Something like that.
你和帕特丽夏订婚了 对吗
You and Patricia got engaged, didn’t you?
你可以告诉我的
You can tell me.
订婚
Engaged?
得了吧
Come on.
你疯了吗
Are you crazy?
怎么了 我以为你喜欢帕特丽夏
What? I thought you liked Patricia.
没错 我爱帕特丽夏
I do. I do. I love Patricia. I love Patricia.
帕特丽夏很厉害 咖啡见了她都紧张
Patricia is– Patricia’s amazing. Patricia makes coffee nervous.
我们应该向周边居民介绍一下我们自己
You know what, we should announce ourselves to the neighborhood.
让他们知道我们来了
Let them know, here we come.
我不清楚 这里是曼哈顿上西区
I don’t know. This is the Upper West Side.
还不如直接告诉他们 我们在这开了个毒品站
We might as well tell them we’re opening a crack house.
他们会恨死我们的
They’re going to hate us.
一旦他们听到这个消息 他们就会排着队
As soon as they hear it, they’re gonna be lining up
聚集在大型连锁店门前抗♥议♥
to picket the big, bad chain store.
这就相当于…
That’s out to destroy
毁了他们珍视的一切
everything they hold dear.
我们得去诱惑他们
You know, we’re going to seduce them.
我们得用我们书店的规模
We’re going to seduce them with our square footage
折扣 和舒适的扶手椅来诱惑他们
and our discounts and our deep armchairs….
还有我们的卡布奇诺
And our cappuccino.
没错 他们刚开始会恨我们
That’s right. They’re going to hate us at the beginning.
但我们最终会打动他们
But we’ll get them in the end.
-你知道为什么吗 -为什么
– And you know why? – Why?
因为我们卖♥♥的书很便宜
Because we’re gonna sell them cheap books
而且还卖♥♥合法的兴♥奋♥剂♥
and legal addictive stimulants.
与此同时 我们会在外面挂一块大牌子
In the meantime, we’ll just put up a big sign:
“福克斯大型书城即将开业
“Coming soon, a Fox Books Superstore.
文明的终结即将到来”
The end of civilization as you know it.”
街角书店
早上好 克里斯蒂娜
Good morning, Christina.
早上好 凯瑟琳
Morning, Kathleen.
今天真美好
It’s a beautiful day.
今天真是再美好不过了 不是吗
Isn’t it just the most beautiful day?
我想是吧
I guess. Yeah, sure.
笨蛋 你干什么
Idiot, what are you doing?
你干什么 我前面是绿灯
What are you doing, man. I got the green light!
纽约的秋天很惹人喜爱 不是吗
Don’t you just love New York in the fall?
完美
Perfect.
闻着真不错
Can’t beat that.
透明胶带吗 你到底怎么了
Scotch tape? What is going on with you?
没事
Nothing.
-你恋爱了 -恋爱 不 才没有
– You’re in love. – In love? No. No.
没错 我和弗兰克恋爱了
Oh, yes, that’s right! I’m in love with Frank.
我几乎算是和弗兰克同居了
I’m practically living with Frank.
你能在这周之内把我们的圣诞宣传广♥告♥发出去吗
Do you think you could get our Christmas mailers out this week?
好 我保证在下周一前完成
Yeah yeah yeah, by Monday, I promise.
我只是有篇论文得在这周五之前交
I just, I have this paper due Friday.
到底怎么了
What is going on?
没事 没事 什么事也没有
Nothing, nothing. Nothing at all.
如果你不告诉我 我就一直在这站着
You know, I am just going to stand here until you tell me.
好吧
All right.
如果你通过邮件结识了一个人 这算不忠吗
Is it infidelity if you’re involved with someone on e-mail?
你们做过爱了吗
Have you had sex?
当然没有 我都不认识他
No, of course not. I don’t even know him.
-我是说网络性♥爱♥ -没有
– I mean cybersex. – No.
千万不要尝试 一旦你这么做
Well, don’t do it. The minute you do,
你立刻就会失去他们对你的尊重
they lose all respect for you.
不是你说的那样
Well, it’s not like that.
我们只是互发邮件而已 真没什么事
We just e-mail. It’s really nothing.
最重要的是
On top of which,
我在考虑要不要到此为止 因为这变得越来越…
I’m definitely thinking about stopping because it’s getting….
失控了吗
Out of hand?
令人困惑
Confusing.
但也不算吧 因为本来就没什么大不了
But not. Because it’s nothing.
你在哪儿认识他的
Where’d you meet him?
我都记不起来了
Listen, I can’t even remember.
好吧
Okay.
在我生日那天 我抱着玩玩的心态
On my birthday, I wandered
进入了”三十岁以上人群”的聊天室
into the “Over 30” Room for a joke, sort of.
他也在 我们就开始聊天了
And he was there. And we started chatting.
聊什么
About what?
书和音乐 我们俩有多爱纽约
Books and music, how much we both love New York….
都是无关痛痒的话题
Harmless, harmless.
也没什么意义
Meaningless.
刚削好的铅笔花束 得了吧
Bouquets of sharpened pencils. Oh.
你说什么
Excuse me?
算了
Forget it.
我们没聊任何私人话题
We don’t talk about anything personal,
所以我不知道他的名字
so I don’t know his name…
也不知道他的职业和住址
or what he does or where he lives exactly…
如果不想再联♥系♥了也很简单 因为我根本没见过他
so it’ll be easy for me to stop seeing him, because I’m not.
天哪 下一个走进书店的人可能就是他
God, he could be the next person to walk into the store.
我知道
I know.
他可能就是…
He could be…
乔治
George.
早上好
Morning.
你上网吗
Are you online?
在我看来
Well, as far as I’m concerned…
上网只是另一种被女人拒绝的方式
the Internet is just another way of being rejected by a woman.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好 伯蒂
Good morning, Birdie.
你们俩在聊什么呢
What are you girls talking about?
网络性♥爱♥
Cybersex.
我试过一次 但总是显示信♥号♥♥忙
I tried to have cybersex once, but I kept getting a busy signal.
我知道
I know.
我知道 之前一个周六晚上九点左右 我真的很郁闷…
I know. I was really depressed one Saturday night about 9:00–
该开门了
Time to open up!
杰西卡和玛雅 你们好吗
Jessica and Maya, how are you today?
要和凯瑟琳打招呼吗
Want to say hi to Kathleen?
你好 凯瑟琳
Hi, Kathleen.
早上好 这里是街角书店
Good morning, Shop Around the Corner.
我是乔治 有什么能帮您的
George speaking. May I help you?
装♥修♥进程很顺利 我们应该可以按时开业
Construction’s going well. We should open on time.
不过我和凯文
Although Kevin and I are
都有点担心周围居民的反应
both a little concerned about the neighborhood response.
这沙发的面料是什么 有名字吗
This fabric on the couch, what is it? Does it have a name?
-钱 -什么
– Money. – Huh?
-这面料的名字叫钱 -这样啊
– Its name is money. – Oh.
吉莉安选的吧
Gillian selected it.
猜中了
Good guess.
你♥爸♥又要结婚了
Your father’s getting married again.
-真的吗 -没错
– Really? – Yeah.
-恭喜 -多谢了
– Congratulations! – Thank you.
为什么
Why?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
-因为爱吗 -可能吧
– Love? – Possible.
我觉得你就是个大笨蛋
I think you’re a damn fool.
爸 马修才四岁 好吗
Pops, Matthew is 4 years old, okay?
如果他知道自己的父母结婚了 这样对他会更好
It’d be nice for him if he knows his parents were married.
听着 我有不幸的事要宣布
Listen, I have a sad announcement to make.
23号♥街的城市书店
City Books, on 23rd Street?
就快关门了
It’s going under.
又一家独♥立♥书店倒闭了
Another independent bites the dust.
接着说
On to the next!
我打算买♥♥下他们店里
Going to buy out their entire inventory of architecture
所有关于建筑和纽约历史的书 放到新书店里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!