我女儿就会变得忘乎所以
My daughter’s gotta be goin’ nuts.
就像我最老 最亲密的朋友前来拜访一样
It’s like a visit from my oldest, dearest friend.
我是说 我原本打算回家给她过生日的 今天是她生日
I mean, I’m supposed to be home for her birthday. It’s today.
你的经纪人说她会告诉你女儿你没事
The agent said she would tell her you were okay,
不过我恐怕你只有等到明天了
but I’m afraid you’ll have to wait till tomorrow
如果你打算亲自告诉她的话
if you want to talk to her yourself.
噢 保罗 你真是一位了不起的诗人
Oh, Paul. What a poet you are.
我给你做了我的拿手菜 威尔克斯炒蛋
I made you my specialty, scrambled eggs à la Wilkes.
现在我看到75页了
And I’m on Page 75.
我猜也就是说这本书还行吧
I guess that means it’s okay.

No.
不 不是的 它
No, it isn’t, it’s…
噢 我实在想不出用什么词来说好(其实我也想这么说)
Pooh. I can’t think of any words.
说它”非常好“会是对你的侮辱吗
Would “great” be insulting?
非常好我就已经很满意了
I can live with great.
不 它不只是非常好 它
No. It’s not just great, it’s
简直太完美了
perfect.
一部完美的 完美的作品
A perfect, perfect thing.
我想是时候让你们俩认识一下了
I thought it was time you two should meet.
保罗 跟我在这个世界上最喜爱的动物打个招呼吧
Paul, say hello to my favorite beast in the whole world,
这是我的米瑟瑞 它是头母猪
my sow Misery.
米瑟瑞
Misery?
对 我跟你说过我是你的头号♥书迷
Yes. I told you I was your number-one fan.
对 我…我开始有些相信你了
Yeah, I’m… I’m starting to believe you.
这个农场从前很沉闷的
This farm was kind of dreary
只有几头母牛和鸡同我生活在一起
what with just a few cows and chickens and me.
但是自从有了米瑟瑞 一切都改变了(丰胸广♥告♥句式)
But when I got Misery here, everything changed.
她让我有了欢笑
She just makes me smile so.
她真的是一头很好的猪
She’s a fine pig, is what she is.
我现在看到300页了 保罗 它简直用完美都不足以形容 是神圣
I’m on Page 300 now, Paul, and it’s better than perfect. It’s divine.
那个外国人在天花板上画的是什么
What’s the ceiling that dago painted?
是希斯廷教堂吗
The Sistine Chapel?
对了 西斯廷教堂还有米瑟瑞的孩子
Yeah! That and Misery’s Child.
是这个世界上仅有的两件神圣的事物
Those are the only two divine things ever in this world!
当我丈夫离开我时 我丝毫没有准备
When my husband left me, I wasn’t prepared.
那段日子很难熬
It wasn’t an easy time.
有段时间我都感觉自己快要疯了
For a while I thought I might go crazy.
我知道那是怎样的一种感觉
I know how that can be.
我不知道你是怎样 不过我就是这样熬过去的
I don’t know about you, but what I did to get through it
我全身心的投入工作
was I dove into work.
日以继夜
Days, nights.
在医院值夜班是孤独的
Night shifts can be lonely at a hospital.
于是我看了许多书
I did a lot of reading.
我就是在那时发现了米瑟瑞
That was when I first discovered Misery.
她让我感到开心 让我忘了我所有的烦恼
She made me so happy. She made me forget all my problems.
当然 我认为这其中也有些许是因为你的原因
Course, I suppose you had a little something to do with that, too.
是的 嗯
Yeah, well…
我一页一页的不停的阅读着它们
I just kept reading them over and over.
当我只看了两章之后
I’ve only got two chapters to go on this one,
我就知道等我看完这遍之后我还会再一次从头看起
and I know when I finish I’ll just turn right to the first page
然后再从头看一遍
and start reading it all over again.
我…
I’m…
尿完了 – 是的
Done? – Yeah.
没问题
No problem.
谢谢
Thanks.
别误会了 我并不反对同鳏夫结婚(男主角丧偶)
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not against marriage perse,
不过那必须得是个非常特别的人才能让我
but it’d take a pretty special guy to make me
愿意再次走在教堂的红地毯上
want to walk down that aisle again.
没错 这件事比不得其他 你不该轻率决定
Yeah, it’s not something you should enter into lightly.
总的来说就是需要尊重
It boils down to respect.
如今人们已经不再尊重婚姻
People just don’t respect the institution of marriage anymore.
他们对什么叫做一辈子的承诺毫无概念
They have no sense of real commitment.
嗯 我很想坐在这里跟你好好聊聊
Well, I’d love to stay here and chat,
不过我很快就要看完了 我很想知道是怎样的结局
but I’m right at the end, and I gotta find out what happens.
你…
You…
你这卑鄙的家伙 你怎么可以这样做
You dirty bird. How could you?
她不能死 米瑟瑞 查斯顿不能死
She can’t be dead! Misery Chastain cannot be dead!
安妮 在1871年 妇女通常在生产时死亡
Annie, in 1871, women often died in childbirth.
但她的精神才是最重要的
But her spirit is the important thing,
米瑟瑞的精神仍旧活着
and Misery’s spirit is still alive.
我不要她的精神 我要她活着
I don’t want her spirit! I want her!
而你却杀了她
And you murdered her!
不 我没有
No. I didn’t.
那是谁呢
Who did?
没有谁 她死了 她就这样不经意间远离了
No one. She died, she just slipped away.
不经意间远离了 不经意间远离了
Slipped away? Slipped away?
她不会就这样离开的 是你杀了她
She didn’t just slip away! You did it!
是你 是你
You did it! You did it!
是你杀了她 是你杀了她 你杀了我的米瑟瑞
You did it! You did it! You murdered my Misery!
安妮!
Annie!
我原本以为你是个好人 保罗
I thought you were good, Paul.
但你不是 你只不过是另一个撒谎的卑鄙的老家伙
But you’re not good. You’re just another lying old dirty birdie.
我想我还是离开你一会儿比较好
And I don’t think I better be around you for a while.
别指望会有任何人来找你
And don’t even think about anybody coming for you.
医生 你的经纪人 还有你的家人 谁都不会来
Not the doctors, not your agent, not your family,
因为我根本就没有通知他们
because I never called them.
没人知道你在这儿
Nobody knows you’re here.
你最好希望我别出什么事
And you better hope nothing happens to me.
因为我要是死了 你一个人也活不成
Because if I die, you die.
不 辛德尔女士 你就算现在赶来也没有意义
No, Miss Sindell, there’s no point in comin’ up here now.
我们已经尽力了
Everything that can be done is.
是的 我们同州警♥察♥密切协作
Yes, we’re working close with the state police
并且也将此事通知了联邦调查局
and the FBI’s been informed.
好的 好的 一旦我们有什么消息就会立刻通知你的
Right. Right. As soon as we know anything, we’ll let you know.
一点也不麻烦 随时都可以来电♥话♥ 再见 辛德尔女士
No bother at all. Call anytime. Bye, Miss Sindell.
好的 那么 非常感激你所做的一切 谢谢
All right. Well, I sure appreciate it. Thank you.
根据对谢尔顿的信♥用♥卡♥支付记录调查显示
According to the check on Sheldon’s credit charges,
在银溪郡之后 没有别的地方的使用记录
there’s nothing after the Silver Creek.
同样 也没有接到关于手稿的电♥话♥
And no calls about the article, either.
你这可怜的 讨人喜欢的家伙 你躺在地板上干什么呢
You poor, dear thing. What are you doing on the floor?
都是我的错
It’s all my fault.
要是我有一张正规的医院病床这样的事永远也不会发生
If I’d had a proper hospital bed this never would’ve happened.
来吧 让我把你扶到床上去
Here, let me help you back in.
我知道这会有点疼 不过只要忍♥几秒钟就好了
I know this hurts, but it’ll only take a few seconds.

Upsy-daisy!
拜托 慢点儿
Please, wait.
你这个宝宝还真是爱哭
You’re such a crybaby.
行了 还舒服吧
There you go. Comfy?
非常好
Perfect.
你真是孩子气
You’re such a kidder.
我有一个大大的惊喜要给你
I have a big surprise for you.
但首先你必须做件事情
But first there’s something you must do.
你不会介意在我等待这个惊喜的时候
You don’t suppose I could have a little snack
给我来点儿点心吧
while I’m waiting for the surprise?
你要什么我都会给你 不过你先得听我说完
I’ll get you everything you want, but you must listen first.
有时候我的思维有点儿混乱 这我承认
Sometimes my thinking is a little muddy, I accept that.
这也是为什么我想不起
That’s why I couldn’t remember
他们在丹佛向我出示证据时所提的那些问题是什么的原因
all the things they were asking me on the witness stand in Denver.
不过这次我的想得很清楚
But this time I thought clearly.
我问上帝该怎样看待你在我这里一事
I asked God about you,
上帝回答说:“我把他交给你”
and God said, “I delivered him unto you”
”这样你就能够为他指引道路了“
“so that you may show him the way.”
为我指引道路
Show me the way?
没错
Yes.
我说的是点心
When I mentioned a snack,
我考虑得更多的是电♥话♥线
I was thinking more along the lines
乳酪还有饼干诸如此类的东西
of cheese and crackers kind of thing.
保罗 现在不是开玩笑的时候
Paul, this is no time for jokes.
你必须让这件污秽之物从这个世上消失
You must rid the world of this filth.
你要我烧掉自己的书
You want me to burn my book?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!