…three, four…
…三,四…
…five!
…五个!
A wink, you idiot. Ebenezer, shh.
眨眼,你个白♥痴♥ 埃比尼泽,嘘
You said they couldn’t see or hear us. That’s quite true.
你说他们看不见也听不见我们 那倒是真的
Oh, yes. Sorry.
哦,是的 对不起的
Even I forget regulations sometimes. After all, I do not come back often.
我有时也会忘记规则 毕竟,我不常回来
Shh. I’m trying to listen to the game.
嘘 我在听比赛
Modest as…?
谦虚如…?
A maiden. No.
少女 不
I’m sure it’s a well-known simile. I was thinking of modest as a violet.
我相信这是一个众所周知的比喻 我认为谦虚是一种紫色
Fred.
弗雷德
However, I will accept your answer.
不过,我会接受你的回答
Janet?
珍妮特?
Attend. Tight as…?
参加 紧得像…?
Tight as….
紧得像…
A drum. Anyone knows that.
鼓 谁都知道
Tight as…?
紧得像…?
Not very bright, my nephew’s wife.
不是很聪明,我侄子的妻子
Tight as your Uncle Scrooge’s purse strings!
像你叔叔的钱包一样紧!
That’s quite wrong. And your time is up.
那是完全错误的 你的时间到了
You’ve lost and must stand behind your chair.
你输了,必须站在椅子后面
Tight as a drum is what I was thinking of.
我想的是像鼓一样紧
Good for you, Fred. Boy’s got a head on his shoulders.
你真好,弗雷德 这男孩有一个肩膀上的脑袋
As for the laughter at my expense…
至于以我为代价的笑声…
…I’ll overlook it in view of the general gaiety.
…考虑到大家的欢愉,我可以忽略它
It’s time to leave this pleasant scene.
是时候离开这美丽的景色了
We have one more visit to make before my time is done.
在我的时间结束之前,我们还有一次访问
Take hold of my robe.
抓住我的长袍
Sly as…? A fox!
像…一样狡猾…?一只狐狸!
Red as…? WORed as a rose.
红色是…?像玫瑰一样枯萎
Silent as…? The night.
像…一样沉默…?那晚
No! A mouse!
不!一只老鼠!
Not at all. I know. The grave.
一点也不 我知道 坟墓
Where are we now?
我们现在在哪里?
I’m sure I don’t know this place.
我肯定我不知道这个地方
The name would mean nothing to you. It’s a place…
这个名字对你来说毫无意义 一个地方…
…like many in this world.
…就像世界上很多人一样
Do we have enough wood for the night? It’ll last.
我们有足够的木头过夜吗?它会持续下去的
At least there’s one thing still free in this country.
至少这个国家还有一样东西是免费的
Mary, a piece of that cooked.
玛丽,一块熟的
They’re too hot. It’ll be cold soon enough.
太热了 天很快就会冷的
Where did you get these, Father? I didn’t steal them.
你从哪儿弄来的,神父?不是我偷的
She didn’t say you did.
她没说是你干的
She should have some respect. Don’t berate the girl.
她应该得到一些尊重 别斥责那个女孩
They fell from a cart into the road.
他们从马车上掉到路上
Your father’s not a thief, girl.
你父亲不是小偷,姑娘
Not yet.
还没有
Why are these people out here?
为什么这些人在这里?
Men and women in rags. Children eating scraps!
衣衫褴褛的男人和女人 孩子们在吃垃圾!
There are institutions.
有一些机构
Have you visited any of them, these institutions you speak of?
你参观过这些机构吗?
No. I’m taxed for them. Isn’t that enough?
不,我要为他们交税 这还不够吗?
Is it?
它是?
Ben, come back to the fire. Look at these hands.
本,回到火旁 看看这些手
They’re hard hands. They’ve done hard work.
他们是硬手 他们做了艰苦的工作
I want to work.
我想工作
I want to have bread for my children. It’s not right that there’s no work.
我想给我的孩子们吃面包 这不是工作
We’re together. That’s the important thing.
我们在一起 这才是最重要的
I love you, Meg. I love the children.
我爱你,梅格 我爱孩子们
Tomorrow take the children to the parish poor house.
明天带孩子们去教区贫民院
No. No.
不,不
I’d rather we all drowned in the river than go there and be separated forever.
我宁愿我们都淹死在河里,也不愿去那里永远分离
Until I get work! No.
直到我找到工作!不
Ben, we’re a family. We stay together.
本,我们是一家人 我们在一起
Come.
来吧
Come back to the fire. Come.
回到火旁 来吧
Why do you show me this? What has it to do with me?
你为什么给我看这个?这跟我有什么关系?
Are they not of the human race?
他们不是人类吗?
Look here…
看这里…
…beneath my robe!
…在我的长袍下!
Look upon these!
看看这些!
What are they?
它们是什么?
They are your children.
他们是你的孩子
They are the children of all who walk the earth unseen.
他们是所有在看不见的地方行走的人的孩子
Their names are ignorance…
他们的名字是无知…
…and want.
…想要
Beware of them.
当心他们
For upon their brow is written the word…
因为他们的额头上写着…
…”doom.”
“末日”
They spell the downfall of you…
他们在诅咒你的堕落…
…and all who deny their existence.
…以及所有否认自己存在的人
Have they no refuge? No resource?
他们没有避难所吗?没有资源?
Are there no workhouses?
没有济贫院吗?
Are there no prisons?
没有监狱吗?
Cover them. I do not wish to see them.
掩护他们 我不想见他们
I thought as much.
我也这么想
They’re hidden.
它们藏起来了
But they live.
但他们活着
Oh, they live.
哦,他们还活着
Well…
好…
…time has come for me to leave you, Ebenezer Scrooge.
…我该离开你了,埃比尼泽·斯克鲁奇
Leave me? Leave me here?
离开我?把我留在这里?
Oh, yes.
哦,是的
Well, you cannot. Take me back to my bed.
好吧,你不能 带我回床上去
It’s too late.
太晚了
It’s cold. The place is strange. Don’t leave me.
天气很冷 这个地方很奇怪 别离开我
Spirit?
精神?
Come back.
回来吧
I wish to talk!
我想谈谈!
Perhaps…
也许…
…l have made a mistake here and there.
…我到处都犯了个错误
Talked too quickly about matters which I gave no great thought.
谈得太快了,我没有好好考虑
Very well, we’ll have a give and take.
很好,我们会互相让步的
Come to some meeting of the minds.
大家会心了
I’m a reasonable man.
我是个通情达理的人
Spirit!
精神!
Have pity on me.
可怜我吧
Don’t leave me.
别离开我
What have I done?
我做了什么?
To be abandoned like this?
像这样被遗弃?
What?
什么?
Are you the spirit which Jacob Marley foretold would visit me?
你是雅各布·马利预言要来看望我的灵魂吗?
I’m in the presence of the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come?
我在圣诞节的鬼魂面前还没来?
You’ll show me the shadows of the things that haven’t happened…
你会给我看那些没有发生的事情的阴影…
…but will happen in the time before us. Is that so?
…但会在我们之前发生 是这样吗?
I fear you.
我怕你
More than any specter I’ve seen.
比我见过的任何幽灵都多
I’m prepared to bear your company.
我准备和你作伴
Will you not speak to me?
你不和我说话吗?
Very well, lead on.
很好,开始吧
The night is waning fast. Time is precious to me.
夜色渐暗 时间对我来说很宝贵
I know this place very well. The Exchange is like a second home to me.
我很熟悉这个地方 交换对我来说就像是第二个家
I don’t know much about it. I only know he’s dead.
我不太了解 我只知道他死了
When did he die? Last night.
他什么时候死的?昨晚
What about his money?
他的钱呢?
Left it to his company, perhaps? Who else did he have?
也许是交给他的公♥司♥了?他还有谁?
It’ll likely be a small funeral.
很可能是个小型葬礼
Supposing we volunteered and form a party.
假设我们自愿组织了一个聚会
I’ll go if lunch is provided.
如果有午餐我就去
But I insist on being fed for the time I’ll waste.
但我坚持要在浪费时间的时候吃东西

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!