还有点笨拙
Clumsy, too.
你好像很丧气 你好像很开心
You’re very pensive. You’re very gay.
是离婚事吗?
Was it the divorce?
睡觉去吧
To bed.
他们总是刚愎自用 罗珀家的人 总是逆潮流而动
They’re a cantankerous lot, the Ropers Always swimming against the stream.
老罗珀也是一样
Old Roper was just the same…
你不愿意谈这个吗?
You don’t want to talk about it.
不愿
No.
对不起吵醒你了 亲爱的 我一直都没睡好
I’m sorry you were awakened, chick. I wasn’t sleeping very deeply.
沃尔西想要什么?
What did Wolsey want?
威尔·罗珀刚才来过了 威尔·罗珀?
Will Roper’s been. Will Roper?
他来了一个晚上 他想娶梅格
Yes, he’s been here all nightHe wants to marry Meg.
你为什么不给我打这个姑娘 不
Why you don’t beat that girl I… No.
她是受过良好教育的 是很精美的商品
She’s full of education and it’s a delicate commodity.
晚安 梅格
Goodnight, Meg.
晚安
Goodnight.
和梅格结婚 一个律师的儿子
Marry Meg. A lawyer’s son.
她也是律师的女儿
Well, she’s a lawyer’s daughter.
诺福克走之前提到 想让你做英格兰大♥法♥官
Norfolk spoke of you for Chancellor of England before he left.
那他就是个危险的朋友
Well, he’s a dangerous friend then.
沃尔西现在是大♥法♥官 愿上帝保佑他
Wolsey’s chancellor, God help him.
但是诺福克说如果沃尔西下台了
But Norfolk said, if Wolsey fell, you…
如果沃尔西倒下去 溅起的水花 足以打沉像我们这样的小船
If Wolsey fell, the splash would swamp a few small boats like ours.

No.
只要沃尔西在世一日 英格兰就不会有新的大♥法♥官
There’ll be no new chancellors while Wolsey lives.
诺福克公爵 英格兰拉瑟尔伯爵
The Duke of Norfolk, Earl Marshal of England.
你对国王还有什么话要讲吗?
Have you any message for His Majesty?
如果我对上帝的服侍有
If I had served God…
我对我的陛下一半好的话
…one half so well as I’ve served my King…
上帝就不会让我死在这个地方
…God would not have left me here, to die in this place.
感谢上帝让你死在这个地方 国王本想让你死在伦敦塔里
Thank God you’re dying here. The King would have you die in the Tower.
兹受命于国王
” I am straightly charged by the King himself…
在此宣布 全英格兰
“…here openly to declare how much all England…
都应感激此人之惠
“…is beholden to this man.
他的价值使他能在王国中担此重任
“And how worthy he is to have the highest room in the realm.
国王深深的信任他
“And how dearly the King’s grace doth love and trust him…
相信他不仅能领导一个伟大的咨议会
“…not only for much good council
一个兢兢业业的咨议会 而且在此咨议会中
“…deliberate council, but for better council yet…
能担当国王的亲密朋友
“…that which is privy to the King’s person.
托马斯·莫尔爵士在此
“This same Sir Thomas More…
在你们面前 被任命为
“…here made before you all to be…
王国大♥法♥官
“…Lord Chancellor of the Realm.”
冷静点 马修
Calm yourself, Matthew.
去叫爱丽斯女士过来
Fetch Lady Alice.
不错
That’s very well.
我的夫人 国王来了!
My lady! The King!
记住 这是突然来访
Now remember, the visit’s a surprise.
但他会知道我们在期待他
But he’ll know we’re expecting him…
这是个巨大的荣耀 作为和朋友相称
It’s a very great honourOne friend calling on another.
他来的真正目的是什么?
What’s he really coming for?
谈离婚的事情 他需要一个答案
To talk about the divorce.He wants an answer.
但是他已经有一个答案了 他需要另外的答案
But he’s had his answer. He wants another.
托马斯!
Thomas!
陛下光临寒舍 实在是蓬荜生辉
Your Majesty does my house more honour than I fear my household will bear.
免礼 托马斯
No ceremony Thomas, no ceremony!
只是偶然路过罢了 我刚好经过河上
A passing fancy I happened to be on the river.
看看 还有淤泥呢
Look. Mud.
天哪 多么美好的下午啊
By heaven, what an evening.
爱丽丝女士 我恐怕我的到来对你们有些唐突了
Lady Alice, I fear we came upon you unexpectedly.
是的 大人 哦 不是 大人
Yes, Your Grace. Well, no, Your Grace.
我是说 我们准备好款待
Well, that is, we are ready to entertain…
这是我的女儿 玛格丽特 陛下
This is my daughter Margaret, sire.
她还没有荣幸见过陛下
She’s not yet had the honourto meet Your Grace.
玛格丽特 听说你现在还是个学生
Why Margaret, they told me you were a scholar.
回答 玛格丽特
Answer, Margaret.
我只是妇女中微不足道的一份子 陛下
Among women, I pass for one, Your Grace.
你能跳舞吗?
Can you dance, too?
跳得不是特别好 陛下
Not well, Your Grace.
我跳舞跳的好极了!
Well, I dance superlatively!
这是一双真正的舞者的腿!
That’s a dancer’s leg, Margaret!
爱丽斯女士 在河上泛舟让我有了食欲
Lady Alice, the river’s given me an appetite.
陛下肯在此用餐真是不胜荣幸
If Your Grace would share a very simple supper.
我当然很高兴了 把他们带进去吧
It would please meLead them in.
托马斯和我会跟在后面
Thomas and I will follow.
马修
Matthew.
大人们 先生们!
My lords and gentlemen!
玛格丽特?
Margaret?
陛下?
Your Grace?
你喜欢音乐吗?
Do you like music?
对 陛下
Yes, Your Grace.
他们会给你演奏
They’ll play to you.
听听这个
Now, listen to this.
坐下
Sit down.
坐下 不用拘礼 托马斯
Be seatedNo courtship, Thomas.
你是我的朋友 不是吗?
You’re my friend, are you not?
陛下
Your Majesty.
感谢上帝 我有一个朋友做我的大♥法♥官
Thank God I have a friend for my chancellor.
比起大♥法♥官 你更是我的朋友
Readier to befriend, I trust, than he was to be chancellor.
我的能力不足以
My own knowledge of my poor abilities…
我会判断你的能力
I will judge of your abilities.
托马斯?
Thomas?
你知道是沃尔西提名你做大♥法♥官的吗?
You know that Wolsey named you for chancellor?
在沃尔西死之前 他提名了你 他总算不是个傻瓜
Before he died, Wolsey named you, and Wolsey was no fool.
他是一个能力无可比拟的政♥治♥家 陛下
He was a statesman of incomparable ability, Your Grace.
是吗?
Was he?
他真的是吗?
Was he so?
那他为什么反对我?
Then, why did he fail me?
那真是卑劣的行为
It was villainy then.
是的 卑劣的 秘密的反对 秘密的
Yes, villainySecret opposition, secret.
却是有预谋的 故意的 有计划的反对
But deliberate, wilful, meditated opposition.
沃尔西想成为教皇 从而控制我!
Wanted to be pope to master me, Wolsey.
他为什么会这么想?
What is it? Thought!
因为我鲁莽 简单 和别人打交道都是直说直话!
Because I’m simple and plain and deal with every man straightforwardly.
就因为这些 他们就把我当成笨蛋?
Because of that I say, do they take me for a simpleton?
沃尔西是个骄傲的家伙 托马斯
Wolsey was a proud man, Thomas.
就是因为他的自大
Pride right through.
他反对我
And he failed me.
他在最重要的一件事情上反对我 而现在
Failed me in the one thing that matters, then as now.
但是看看
But look.
坐下
Be seated.
多美好的下午!
What an evening.
一个人可以和狮子搏斗
A man could fight a lion.
有些人可以 陛下
Some men could, Your Grace.
托马斯
Thomas…
说起我离婚这件事情
…touching this matter of my divorce.
我们上次说过之后你想了吗
Have you thought of it since we last spoke?
想过一些
Of little else.
你有清楚的想法吗?
Then you see your way clear to me?
关于您要废黜凯瑟琳皇后的事情吗 陛下?
That you should put away Queen Catherine, sire?
我清楚的认为 在这件事情上
Alas, as I think of it, I see so clearly…
我不能和陛下保持一致 我甚至努力
…that I cannot come with Your Grace, that my endeavour is…
完全不去想这件事
…not to think of it at all.
那是因为你还想得不够!
Then you haven’t thought enough!
丁香
Lilac.
汉普顿宫也有
We have them at Hampton.
虽然没有这个好
Not so fine as this, though.
我想得非常清楚
I’m in an excellent frame of mind.
托马斯 你必须考虑到 我使我的灵魂处于危险之中
Thomas, you must consider, I stand in peril of my soul.
这不是真正的婚姻
It was no marriage.
我和我兄弟的遗孀乱♥伦♥
I have lived in incest with my brother’s widow.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!