你好 我是斯坦·李
Hi, I’m Stan Lee.
超级英雄漫画杂♥志♥ 漫威漫画集团的编辑
Editor of the Marvel Comics Group of superhero comic magazines.
这25年来 漫画的营收数字惊人
Comic books have been a big business for the past 25 years,
如今的规模更是空前
and they are bigger than ever today.
因此 你应该想知道漫威漫画集团
With this in mind, you’ll be interested to know that the Marvel Comics Group
是公认的领导者
is the acknowledged leader
月销量称霸当今所有漫画杂♥志♥
in monthly sales of all comic magazines published today.
我们的超级英雄是那种只要有超能力
Our superheroes are the kind of people that you or I would be
你我也能当的那种人
if we had a super power,
所以他们与目前的其他超级英雄不同
which sets them apart from all other superheroes published today
这似乎也是他们 远比其他英雄受欢迎的原因
and seems to be the reason that they’re actually far more popular than any others.
我们每个人都是受到生活经验
Every one of us are a product of all the things we’ve experienced,
所见所闻影响下的产物
seen, read, and heard in our lives.
在写作时 我会想起发生过的事
So, when I write, I’m remembering things that happened.
那些事就成了故事的一部分
Those things become part of the story.
有一天 我在发想一个新的超级英雄
One day, I was trying to think of a new superhero
看见墙上有只苍蝇在爬
and I saw a fly crawling on a wall.
我想 如果有英雄 能像昆虫一样在墙上移♥动♥
And I thought, “Gee, wouldn’t it be something if a hero could stick to walls
不是很了不起吗?
“and move on them like an insect.”
我决定创造一个 让每个读者都有共鸣的人
I decided I wanted somebody who every one of the readers could identify with.
如果我有超能力 我还会担心
If I had superhuman powers, wouldn’t I still have to worry
赚钱讨生活 或是让约会对象喜欢我吗?
about making a living or having my dates like me?
我希望写出我自己想看的故事
What I tried to do was write the kind of stories I would want to read,
(有烦恼的超级英雄?)
有时我不得不逆潮流而行
and sometimes I had to buck a trend to do that.
(老漫画新风貌)
我想毅力是重要的关键
I think perseverance plays such a great part of it.
如果你自认有能力 就不能放弃
If you think you’ve got it, you just mustn’t give up.
你得坚持不懈 期望有一天
You gotta just keep working at it, hoping sooner or later
有人会认可你的努力
somebody will recognize what you’ve done.
(《复仇者联盟》世界首映)
(纽约市)
(1922年)
《永远怀念 斯坦·李》
1922年12月28日 对我是个很重大的日子
December 28th was a very important date for me in the year 1922.
我在那一天出生
That’s when I was born.
地点是曼哈顿西区 98街与西区大道口
On the West Side of Manhattan, on 98th Street and West End Avenue.
我名叫斯坦利·马丁·李柏
My name was Stanley Martin Lieber.
父母从东欧来到纽约
My parents came to New York from Eastern Europe,
他们喜欢帮我拍照
and they used to like to take photographs of me.
他们没有相机 但邻里有人有
They didn’t have a camera, but there were people in the neighborhood.
当时必须付他们一毛钱
I think you’d pay them a dime at that time.
他们有一匹小马 让小孩坐在马上
They would have a little pony with them, and they put the little kid on the pony.
我有不少在小马上拍的照片
So, I had more photos of myself taken on ponies.
我有个小我九岁的弟弟
I did have a brother who was born nine years after me.
他叫赖瑞 很乖巧
His name is Larry and he’s a great guy,
可惜我大他九岁
but unfortunately, I was nine years older,
很难跟他玩在一起
so it was tough to pal around with him.
我热爱阅读
I loved reading.
应该出生就在阅读了
I think I was born reading,
印象中我随时都在阅读
I mean, I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t reading.
我喜欢《福尔摩斯》 《泰山》、《哈迪男孩》
I loved Sherlock Holmes, Tarzan, The Hardy Boys,
《阿瑟王与圆桌武士》、《奥德赛》 拿到什么就看什么
King Arthur and his Knights, The Odyssey, everything I could get my hands on.
我妈说我会读西红柿酱瓶上的标签
My mother said I would read the labels on ketchup bottles
如果没东西可看的话
if there was nothing else around.
我们没钱 当时正值大萧条时期
We didn’t have any money. It was during the Depression.
我一心想要一辆脚踏车
The one thing I wanted was a bicycle.
最后 爸妈凑了钱
And finally, my folks scraped up enough money
帮我买♥♥了一辆脚踏车
and they bought me this two-wheeler.
天啊 我觉得自己能骑车到任何地方
And, man, I felt as though I could go anywhere on that bike.
我自♥由♥了
I had been freed.
我常去电影院看艾洛佛林的片子
I used to go to the movies and I’d see Errol Flynn on the screen.
他饰演罗宾汉、铁血船长
He played Robin Hood, Captain Blood.
总是扮演英雄
He was always a hero.
我想当艾洛佛林
I wanted to be Errol Flynn.
离开戏院后
And I would leave the theater
我会骑上乔治华盛顿大桥
and ride my bike over the George Washington Bridge,
它从曼哈顿通往纽泽西
which goes from Manhattan to New Jersey.
骑过那座桥感觉好兴奋
And it was such a triumphant feeling to ride across the bridge.
我知道我会成为一个重要的人
And I knew I was gonna become somebody important.
我们再度为你带来爱德加巴勒斯
Again, we bring you another chapter of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ amazing history
精彩的《人猿泰山》历史另一章
of Tarzan of the Apes.
记录了一个超人变成…
The astounding record of a superman who became the…
我父亲是个好人 但找不到工作
My father was a great guy, but he had trouble getting a job.
他当过洋装裁剪师
He had been a dress cutter,
却没有适合洋装裁剪师的工作
and there were just no jobs apparently for dress cutters.
所以他大部分时间都没有工作
And so, he was unemployed most of the time.
我最早的记忆就是他坐在家里
My earliest memories are just him sitting home,
看着报上的征才广♥告♥
reading the want ads in the newspaper.
我总是为他感到十分惋惜
I always felt tremendous pity for him.
不能拿钱回来养家
It must be a terrible feeling to just not be bringing in the money
感觉一定很糟
that’s needed for your family.
对我来说 有个稳定的好工作
To me, it seemed as if having a good job, a steady job,
似乎就是一个人最大的成就
was the greatest success a person could attain,
只因为我父亲从未有过
only because my father never had one.
那是我很小就开始工作的原因之一
That’s one of the reasons I started working at an early age.
我找到当办公室小弟的工作
I got a job as an office boy,
那是第二大的裤子工厂
at the second largest trouser manufacturer.
他们有一堆业务员 只要他们想喝水
They had millions of salesmen, and whenever they wanted a glass of water,
或想找人削铅笔
or they wanted someone to sharpen a pencil,
就会喊:「小弟」
they would yell, “Boy!”
比较靠近的人就得跑过去
and whichever one of us was closer had to come running,
我很痛恨
and I resented the fact
他们从不肯记住我的名字
that they never took the trouble to learn my name.
耶诞前一周 他们说我必须离职
Like, a week before Christmas, they told me I have to leave
我气炸了
and, oh, I was burned up.
但如果他们没开除我 我就会留下来
But if they hadn’t fired me, I might have stayed there
可能一辈子在裤子厂工作 算我好运
and I might have made my life working in trousers. I was lucky.
民众很着急 银行存款…
There was a general rush. Bank deposits…
欧文斯又赢了…
And Owens wins again…
人类…
Oh, the humanity…
(1939年)
写作一向很有趣 我记得我是个很平庸的人
Writing was always fun. In fact, I remember I was a very corny guy.
我有个小公文包 我喜欢带着它
I had a little briefcase and I loved carrying it with me
走在街上 让人以为我是作家
when I walked in the streets so people would think I was a writer.
一个扁扁的小公文包
You know, a little thin briefcase.
高中毕业时 我有个舅舅
When I graduated high school, I had an uncle
在出版社上班
and he worked for a publisher,
他说他们在找助理
and he told me that they were looking for an assistant.
我想应征 就跑了过去
And I figured, “Gee, I’m going to apply.” So I went up there,
我发现他们也出版漫画
and I found out they also published comic books.
他们有一家公♥司♥叫时代漫画
They had an outfit called Timely Comics,
他们雇用我打杂
and they hired me to run errands,
校对、补充墨水瓶 什么都做
to proof-read, fill the inkwell, whatever had to be done.
(斯坦·李 第三助理)
(斯坦利·李柏)
我没有在漫画界工作的意愿
I didn’t really have any intention to be working in comics,
但那是个工作
but it was a job.
那里有两个人 乔赛门和杰克·柯比
There were two guys, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby,
他们是公♥司♥主管
who were running the thing.
乔赛门是老板 常叼着雪茄走来走去
Joe Simon was the boss and he walked around puffing a big cigar
讲话声音很低沉 他很棒 我喜欢他
and he talked in a very deep voice, and he was great. I liked him.
他充满活力与自信
He had a lot of personality.
杰克会弯着身子坐在绘图板前
And Jack would sit hunched over the drawing board
大部分漫画都是他画的
and do most of the actual artwork.
我问斯坦几岁 他说17岁
I asked Stan how old he was. He says, “17.”
(声源:乔赛门)
我们给他一份工作 负责跑腿打杂
So we gave him a job there. He was the gofer, you know.
他会出去买♥♥咖啡
And he’d go out and get coffee.
我会问杰克: 「你舒服吗?还要墨水吗?
I would ask Jack, “You comfortable? Do you want some more ink?
画笔还好吗?铅笔可以吗?」
“Is your brush okay? Is the pencil all right?”
他会对我吼一阵子
And he would yell at me for a while.
我们平常就是那样子
And that was the way we spent our days.
他快把杰克·柯比逼疯了
He drove Jack Kirby crazy.
他有一件小乐器 一枝短笛
He had a little instrument. A piccolo?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!