片名:看得见风景的房♥间
这不像是我们所期待的那个地方
This is not the tower that what we were led to expect.
我还以为我们又可以看到亚诺河了
I thought we were again to see the Arno.
夫人在信上特别提到过: “会有相连而且景色宜人的窗户”
The signora wrote: “South rooms with a view, close together”.
现在不但没有景色可言而且又离得这么远
Instead of which, we have north rooms without a view and far apart.
我们得快点打扮,否则会迟到,这顿晚餐是很重要的
Hurry and get dressed or we’ll miss our dinner on top of everything else.
她根本没有办好这件事,一点也没办好
She had no business doing it. No business at all!
我无所谓,但你得住能看到好风景的房♥间
Any nook does for me, but it is hard that you have no view.
不,你也一样!
No, you must have a view, too.
晚上好(意大利语)
Buonasera.
这地方真值得介绍,赖小姐
Miss Lavish, what a recommendation for a place!
爱伦小姐,的确如此
Indeed, Miss Alan, it is.
从伦敦的贫民区到波特的贫民区有条很美的海湾
Between the squalor of London and the squalor of Prato, there is a great gulf fixed.
你应该了解这个地方
By going off the track, you get to know the country,
到各个小镇到看看,像鲁比亚,赛肯亚那,加鲁斯欧
see the little towns, Gubbio, Settignano, Galuzzo,
桑卓里亚诺,蒙特里欧
San Gimignano, Monteriggioni.
都充满了原始与古典的气息,实在令人向往
Their mixture of the primitive with the classical is irresistible.
– 波小姐 – 什么事?爱默森先生
– Miss Pole? – Yes, Mr. Emerson.
你们在说什么?你喝的不是柠檬汁吧?
What is that you are taking? It’s not lemonade, is it?
– 没错,是柠檬汁 – 别喝了,波小姐
– Yes, it is. – Put it right away, Miss Pole.
柠檬汁对胃不好
Lemonade is very bad for the stomach.
哦!
Oh!
我会告诉他们,若有空房♥间就先留给你住
I shall tell the signora to give the next south view available to you.
– 你为何不先住? – 别说了,你先住!
– Why not to you? – No, I insist.
这些肉不太新鲜
This meat has surely been boiled.
味道都没有了
For stock. It’s lost all its flavor.
蒙特里欧不仅很有趣
Monteriggioni is not only quaint,
而且在那里可以体会出意大利人的纯朴和迷人
but one meets the Italians in all their simplicity and charm.
我们就是在那里看到矢车菊的,是吧,特里萨?
Wasn’t Monteriggioni where we saw the cornflowers, Teresa?
一片矢车菊海真是好看极了!
An entire carpet of them. It was delightful!
矢车菊真美!
I find the cornflower the most delightful of flowers.
我比较喜欢野性的美,像玫瑰和郁金香
I prefer something bolder, the reckless rose, the tempestuous tulip.
– 如果我先住,你母亲会怪我的 – 母亲会让你先住的!
– Your mother would never forgive me. – She’d want you to have it.
不,应该你住
On no account. The view of the Arno is yours.
我们别争了,反正也没这样的房♥间
I don’t know why we’re arguing, because we have no view.
我和乔治的房♥间都可看到美景
I have a view. And so does George.
他就是我的儿子,乔治
My son George here.
我们可以交换房♥间
You can have our rooms. We’ll have yours. We can change.
– 为什么不呢? – 真的很感激
– Why not? – Thank you very much.
– 我们心领了 – 为什么?
– We could not impose on your kindness. – Why?
– 因为.. – 别说了,露西
– You see … – Hush, Lucy.
女人喜欢欣赏景色,男人就不在意这些了,乔治,说服她们!
Women like looking at a view. Men don’t. George, persuade them.
她们是该换房♥间的!
It’s obvious they should have the rooms.
– 还要吗? – 不了
– Signora? – No, thank you.
我们半个小时内就可以收拾好,你们这样做很不合常理
We could clear out in fifteen minutes. These niceties go against common sense!
我才不管窗外有什么可看的呢,我要看的是内涵
Every kind of sense. I don’t care what I see outside. My vision is within.
完全是心里的感觉,内心是否开朗
Here is where the birds sing and where the sky is blue.
来,露西
Come, Lucy.
如果她们想要,就让他们如愿以偿,乔治,再去劝劝她们
Let them have the view if they want it. Why not? George, go after them.
真是个怪人
What an impossible person!
– 他也是一番好意 – 我会处理,我知道如何对付这种人
– He meant to be kind. – I know how to deal with these people.
可是你实在是太没礼貌了
Charlotte, you dealed rudely. You dealed wrongly.
来错了这家酒店,明天我们换一家
This pensione is a failure. Tomorrow we’ll change.
– 那是毕伯先生 – 谁?
– It’s Mr. Beebe. – Who?
夏绿蒂,我们现在不能换旅馆
Charlotte, we can’t change now.
– 毕伯先生 – 你记得我们吗?
– Mr. Beebe. – Don’t you remember us?
巴特小姐和汉妮小姐
Miss Bartlett and Miss Honeychurch.
– 我们在华勒斯见过面 – 那是个非常冷的复活节
– We met at Tunbridge Wells. – That very cold Easter.
你好
How do you do?
– 听说你将是我们教区的牧师 – 是的,我六月到任
– I heard you are to be our vicar. – Yes, I move into the rectory in June.
我们为餐厅的事感到抱歉
We did feel so sorry for you in the dining room.
– 爱默森先生太无礼了 – 但他是好意
– Mr. Emerson is so tactless. – But he meant to be kind.
那位先生想将景色好的房♥间让给我们
This old gentleman and his son offered us their rooms with a view.
他真是无礼
It was most indelicate!
虽是如此,他也是有好的一面
But things that are indelicate can sometimes be beautiful.
– 是的 – 我是我表妹露西的监护人
– Yes! – I am the chaperone to my young cousin Lucy.
我必须对她的安全负责,我不能让任何人伤害她
It would be serious if I put her under an obligation to people of whom I know nothing.
– 我倒认为这不会发生什么事 – 你看吧,表姐
– I wouldn’t think much harm could have come. – There.
那你认为我该接受对方的好意?我是以小人之心度君子之腹?
You think I ought to have accepted? You think I have been narrow-minded.
我不是这个意思
I never suggested that.
若你愿意,我可以马上和爱默森先生沟通
If you would allow me, I would be happy to act as intermediary with Mr. Emerson.
我认为他不会接受任何回报的
He would not take advantage nor expect gratitude.
他并不在乎什么样的房♥间,而你们却在乎
He has rooms he does not value and thinks you would.
夏绿蒂,拜托
Charlotte, please.
我是无所谓的,倒是你自己
My wishes are unimportant compared with yours.
是你带我来的
I am only here through your kindness.
如果你想换房♥间,我就随你便
If you want me to turn these gentlemen out of their rooms, I will do it.
毕伯先生,你可以去告诉…
Would you, Mr. Beebe, kindly tell Mr. …
– 爱默森先生 – 爱默森先生
– Emerson. – Emerson,
…我们接受他的好意
we accept his offer?
我想亲自谢谢你的父亲
I would like to thank your father personally for his kindness.
可能不行,他正在洗澡
You can’t. He’s in his bath.
我本想让你住较大的房♥间
I would have given the larger room to you,
可是我知道它原是那位年轻人住的
but I happen to know it was the young man’s.
我是个成熟的女人
In my small way, I am a woman of the world.
我知道事情可能的变化
And I know where things can lead.
这是什么意思?
Whatever does it mean?
露西,快穿衣服,一天最好的时光就要溜了
Lucy, get dressed or the better part of the day will be gone.
你说喜欢矢车菊
You said you liked cornflowers.
– 所以我们送你一些 – 你人真好!
– So we brought you cornflowers. – Oh, how kind!
它们和你的个性相同
They’re your type of flowers. They have your personality.
我喜欢看它戴在你的头发上
I’d like to see them in your hair.
淑女,头饰,相映生辉
There are no jewels more becoming to a lady.
我可以说句话吗?
May I say something rather daring?
毕伯先生,你和赖小姐口气蛮像的
Mr. Beebe, you sound like Miss Lavish.
– 你可别说你也在写小说? – 如果我在写,那你就是我的英雄
– Are you writing a novel, too? – If I were, you would be my heroine.
我将写,”如果汉妮小姐的生活像她的琴声一般…
And I should write, “If Miss Honeychurch ever takes to live as she plays
…不论对我们以及对她都是多么美好啊.”
“it will be very exciting, both for us and for her”.
妈妈不喜欢我弹贝多芬的作品,她认为我弹完之后会影响情绪
Mother doesn’t like me playing Beethoven. She says I’m peevish afterwards.
当然,人是会受到影响的
Naturally, one would be stirred up.
你要再弹吗?
Won’t you play some more?
不,我想要出去
No, I think I’ll go out.
单独吗?汉妮小姐,这是明智的决定吗?
Alone? Is that wise, Miss Honeychurch?
要明智就得永远待在家了
To be wise, one might have stayed at home.
我不会走远的,我保证
I’ll not go far. I promise.
对不起
I’m sorry.
露西小姐怎么了?
Whatever’s the matter with dear Miss Lucy?
都是贝多芬的错!
I put it down to too much Beethoven.
我听到她美妙的琴声
I heard her beautiful playing.
凯瑟琳小姐,你头上有花
Miss Catharine, you have flowers in your hair.
(意大利话)
Buongiorno, buongiorno, Ferdinando!
我们向你致敬
We salute thee.
他是土耳其战士,被乱军的骑士逮捕
The bronze came from Turkish cannons, captured by the Knights of San Stefano.
走吧!
Come along.
等一下,让那个人先走,不然我得和他打招呼
Stop a minute. Let that man go on or I shall have to speak to him.
是英国驻外人员
Oh, the British abroad!
负责观光申请的!
I’d set an examination at Dover and turn back any tourists who failed.
圣十字教堂(意大利著名景点)没有景观手册
小姐,这不是最好的!你可以去看最好的!
Miss, this sepolcro not very good. You go see affresci di Giotto.
– 卡佩拉佩鲁齐,巴尔迪礼拜堂比较好 – 不,谢谢
– Capella Peruzzi, Capella Bardi very good. – No, thank you.
(意大利语)
Giotto scolaro di Cimabue. Kept the sheep on the mountain.
在船上拍照
Make a picture of the sheep.
– 不,谢谢 – 我很内行,又会说英语
– No, thank you. – I very … Good speak English.
– 请你让开 – 佩鲁齐礼拜堂,乔托的壁画…
– Do go away, please. – Capella Peruzzi, affresci di Giotto …
请别打扰我!
Ciotutto!
在教堂里可看到吉奥图的绘画, 是描绘圣人法兰西斯的生活情形
You see here these superb frescoes by Giotto, depicting the life of St. Francis.
在左边,就在这里,发表世界宣言的
On the left, there he is, renouncing worldly goods.
在右边,第四任教皇…
And, on the right, the fourth Pope.
他向教友们传教的情景
And here he is preaching to the bishops.
那边是他接受火刑的情景
And there he is undergoing a trial by fire before the Sultan.
这边…
And here …

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!