改编自吉米哈利著作
万物既伟大又渺小
2021圣诞特别集
圣诞快乐
北极
肾上腺素
达罗比 2297
Darrowby 2-2-9-7.
基森先生
Dave Kitson. Mr Kitson.
我有一头奶牛需要看看 是
I’ve got a cow that needs seeing to. Yes.
马上去 好的
Right away. Yes, all right.
放轻松 女孩
Easy girl.
放轻松 很好
Easy. There now.
你怎么穿着睡衣?
Why didn’t you get dressed?
基森先生 你叫我马上过来 所以…我来了
You asked me to come right away, Mr Kitson, so here I am.
这样就好了?
Is that all you’re doing for her?
我注射了有助于治疗肺炎的百浪多息
I’ve given her a shot of Prontosil that’ll help with the pneumonia.
我今晚会再来看看牠的情况如何
I’ll come back this evening to see how she’s getting on.
我想你到时还会再收一次费用吧?
And I suppose you’ll still be charging us for that then, will ye?
生意通常都是这么做的啊
That’s how a business tends to operate.
这里有什么问题?
What’s the trouble here?
昨天牠产下羔羊的过程很艰难
She had a rough time lambing yesterday.
艰难 怎么说?
How’d you mean, rough?
一只大羔羊的腿卡在一个尴尬的位置
Big lamb got stuck with its leg in a funny position,
无法把牠取出来
couldn’t fetch it round.
所以你就直接把牠拉出来?
So you just pulled it out as it was?
是啊 我别无他法
Aye, there was nothing else I could do.
嘿 你要做什么?
Ey. What are you up to?
别费心 牠早就奄奄一息了
Look, don’t bother yourself on my account. It’s over for her.
也许我能做点什么
Maybe there’s something I can do.
不了 小子
Ey, lad.
养了牠们够久后就会知道牠们什么时候寿终
You have stock that long, you know when they’re done.
至少让我减轻牠的痛苦吧
At least let me ease her pain.
然后还得为了本来就会发生的结果付钱给你?
Pay you for what’s gonna pass anyway?
不了 谢谢
No, thank you.
我宁愿顺其自然
I’d rather let nature run its course
待会再找梅洛克屠宰场来接手牠
than have knacker’s yard pick her up later.
基森先生 圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas, Mr Kitson.
是 你也是
Aye, you too, lad.
好了
Here now.
这会减轻痛苦
This will ease the pain.
很快就会没事了
It’ll soon be over.
继续 还要?
Keep going. More?
这样晚上才会有剩下的食物
Well, you want to have leftovers in the evening.
一些球芽甘蓝
Sprouts. Couple of handfuls.
红萝卜以及防风草
Carrots, and… Ooh, parsnips. Yes.
你要喂饱多少人啊?
How many are you feeding?
他们都是努力工作的人 大部分情况下
Well, they’re hard-working men. For the most part.
不好意思 我这三个月 一直是模范生啊
Er, excuse me! I’ve been the model student these last three months.
你肯定也会得到你的奖励
No doubt you’ll reap the reward.
你明天有什么计画?
What’re your plans for tomorrow?
我其实很期待今年家里空无一人
I’m rather looking forward to having an empty house for once.
能自己开着收音机 手里拿着一杯雪利酒
Radio on, a glass of sherry in my hand.
你不是认真的吧?
You’re not just saying that?
这会是一大享受啊
No, it’ll be a delight.
奥德丽
Audrey.
今晚的派对什么时候开始?
When does the party start tonight?
七点三十分后随时开始
Oh, any time after 7:30.
我很期待
I look forward to it.
到时候见
See you then.
记得涂上口红和挂上槲寄生
Make sure your lipstick’s on and your mistletoe is up.
杰拉德只是朋友 而且我是已婚妇女
Gerald’s a friend, and I’m a married woman.
不久前的我也是如此
So was I in the not-too-distant past.
看看我现在享有的所有乐趣
Just look at all the fun I’m having now.
别再多说了 拜托
Oh, spare me the details. Please.
说真的 奥德丽
Honestly, Audrey…
一点点感情会让你有很多感觉
a little feeling can make you feel a whole lot.
我本来就非常开心 感觉就像我平常一样
I’m perfectly happy feeling exactly as I am.
待会见了
Well, I’ll see you later.
记得穿能吸引他目光的衣服
Make sure you wear something to catch his eye.
我不知道
I don’t know about…
希望她不会那样谈论我哥
Wish she wouldn’t talk about my brother like that,
我的早餐已经快吐出来
it’s enough to bring my breakfast up.
崔斯坦 你能买♥♥完清单上剩下的食材吗?
Tris, would… would you mind picking up the rest?
我得赶回屋里做件事
I’ve just got to pop back to the house for something.
不客气 霍太太 我总是乐于助人 两面都有喔
Not at all, Mrs H, happy to help. Both sides!
早安 霍尔太太 这是你们的信
Morning, Mrs Hall. There you are, two letters.
圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐
Oh, thanks! Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
崔斯坦 是你吗?
Tristan, is that you?
只有我
Only me.
这家伙怎么了? 耳朵被咬掉
What happened to this one? Had his ear bitten off.
我知道这种感觉
Know the feeling.
你知道黛安娜独自一人过圣诞节吗?
Are you aware that Diana’s on her own for Christmas?
她说她不介意
She says she doesn’t mind.
但很可惜吧?
‘Tis a shame though, in’t it?
霍尔太太 你好像希望我做点什么
Mrs Hall, I feel you want me to do something,
但你不想提出要求 因为你一旦开口了
but you don’t want to ask because once you do,
你知道我必须答应
you know I’ll have to say yes,
然后我对这里发生的事情
and then the illusion that I have at least some semblance of control
至少有一些控制权的错觉就会消失
over the goings-on in this place will evaporate,
然后我们又该何去何从呢?
and then where will we be?
我认为你应该邀请黛安娜明天共进圣诞节午餐
I think you should invite Diana for Christmas lunch tomorrow.
这样会有个问题…
Now, the problem, you see,
霍尔太太 问题是
the problem, Mrs Hall, is…
圣诞节这样的日子
with something like Christmas Day,
是关于家人团聚的节日
it’s a day for the family.
邀请黛安娜的话一定会引起她的某些期望
To invite Diana might raise certain expectations.
这里是你家 你来决定
It’s your house, your decision.
但我认为不该让她独自一人
But I think it’s wrong she’s on her own.
那你怎么不邀请你的绅士朋友呢?
Well, why don’t you invite your gentleman friend?
他也是单身汉吧?
He’s a bachelor, isn’t he?
也许我们最好… 保持人数不变吧
Perhaps it’s best we keep the numbers as they are.
霍尔太太 我非常同意你
Far be it for me to disagree with you, Mrs Hall.
达罗比 2297
Darrowby 2-2-9-7.
早安 庞弗里太太
Good morning, dear. Oh, Mrs Pumphrey.
有一位叔叔能为吴淘气出席吗?
Could one of the uncles attend for Tricki?
当然
Of course.
我会马上请他们其中一人过去
I’ll send one of them up to you right away. Thank you.
怎么了? 庞弗里太太 把戏出了问题
What was that? Mrs Pumphrey, there’s summat wrong with Tricki.
我去吧 不 …吉米 你一大早就去找基森先生
I’ll do it.No, no, James, you had an early start with Kitson,
而且你今天已经够忙了 交给我吧
you’ve got plenty on today. Leave it to me.
西格弗德 谢谢
Thank you, Siegfried.Mm.
庞弗里太太每年这个时候 都会慷慨提供雪利酒
Mrs Pumphrey’s always generous with the sherry this time of year.
这些礼物是? 给奥德赛家的
Presents? For the Aldersons.
真温馨 给你
That’s lovely. Here…
看来… 你收到了几张圣诞卡片
Looks like you’ve a few Christmas cards.
这是爸寄来的
Ah, this is from Dad.
你妈妈一定很伤心 你不回家过圣诞节
Your mum must be upset you’re not back for Christmas.
他们请鲍伯叔叔带他的孩子去过节
Oh, they’ve got Uncle Alf and kids coming over.
我相信她会没事的 吉米 你妈妈不会“没事”
I’m sure she’ll be fine.Oh, James. Your mother won’t be fine.
所以她才请人来家里
Which is why she’s got people coming to stay,
好转移注意力
take her mind off it.
他要我明天五点打电♥话♥给他们
He wants me to call tomorrow at five.
那很好啊
Well, that’s good, in’t it?
这表示你可以和你妈妈说话
Means you get to speak to your mum.
希望如此 自从上次他们来访后 我们就没说过话了
Oh, I hope so. We haven’t spoken since they visited,
我写了信 但只有收到爸爸的回信
I wrote, but I only heard back from Dad.
她是你的母亲
She’s your mother,
她当然想在圣诞节那天跟你说话
course she wants to talk to you on Christmas Day.
有人吗
Hello?
在这里
In here!
吴淘气 你看 法南先生来了
Oh, look, Tricki, it’s Mr Farnon!
早安 庞弗里太太 你好啊 吴淘气
Morning, Mrs Pumphrey, hello, Tricki!
请见谅这里一片混乱
Please excuse the state of things,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!