牠奄奄一息
The fight had gone out of her.
他要让牠痛苦地死去
He was going to let her die in pain.
我不能让这种事发生 所以给了牠一剂麻♥醉♥药♥来
I couldn’t let that happen, so I gave her an anaesthetic
减轻痛苦 什么 戴夫不知情?
to ease her suffering. What, without Dave knowing?
他比较担心费用
He was more worried about what it would cost
而不是动物的福利
rather than the welfare of the animal.
你应该说些什么
You should’ve said something.
戴夫基森比铁公鸡还一毛不拔
Dave Kitson’s tighter than an otter’s backside.
他需要学会感激你为他所做的事
He needs to learn to appreciate what you do for him.
这些谷地农民永远不会相信我的话
These Dales farmers are never going to take my word over theirs.
有时最好的方法是治疗动物
Sometimes it’s best to treat the animal
并让他们认为自己胜过你
and let them think they’ve got one over you.
真是的 杰茜 那男孩变得不可救药了
That boy, Jess. He’s blooming incorrigible.
霍尔太太?
Mrs Hall?
你在这啊 你有看到…
Ah, there you are. Have you seen…
你看起来… 不一样
You look different.
这是称赞 没有贬义
I mean that in a pleasant, not a pejorative sense.
我最好去… 我要把香肠卷放进烤箱
I’d better get… I’d better get my sausage rolls in the oven.
来吧 杰茜 远离那些肉馅馅饼
Come on, Jess, away from those mince pies.
我们应该告诉霍尔太太
We should let Mrs Hall know
我们明天会去你家吃午餐 我会告诉她的
we’re going to be at yours for lunch tomorrow.Yeah, I’ll do it.
她知道珍妮付出的努力后就会明白原因
Once she knows the effort Jenny’s gone to, she’ll understand.
吉米 是你吗
Is that you, James?
我需要你的意见
I’d like your opinion.
吉米?
Er, James?
抱歉 海伦 能麻烦你应门吗?
Sorry, Helen. Would you mind?
没问题
Not at all.
你好 圣诞快乐 请进
Hello! Merry Christmas, come in!
请进 海伦 真舒服
Come in, Helen. Oh, this is nice. Warm!It is a bit parky out there.
我帮你们放外套吧?
I’ll take your coats.
抱歉 吴淘气 那里一碰就痛吧?
Sorry, Tricki. That’s tender, isn’t it?
听起来我们今年有很多宾客 很不可思议吧?
Sounds like we’ll get a decent crowd this year.It’s amazing.
欠我们钱的农民连续几个月失踪
Farmers who owe us money go missing for months on end,
在提供免费啤酒时就会神奇地再次出现
then magically reappear when there’s free ale.
甜蜜的陪伴使灵魂焕然一新
Sweet company refreshes the soul
并以喜悦唤醒我们的心
and awakens our hearts with joy.Aww.
我爸以前总是这么说
That’s something my pa used to say anyway.
我想也不是所有人都令人难以忍♥受
Well, I suppose some of them aren’t completely intolerable.
我相信黛安娜听到你这么说会很高兴
I’m sure Diana would be flattered to hear it.
你们的关系好像越来越认真了
It’s starting to get quite serious between you two lovebirds!
好的 那么…
Ahem, right, yes. Well, erm…
你说得对 吴淘气严重脱水
you’re right, Tricki’s badly dehydrated.
我帮牠打了生理食盐水点滴 但没有帮助
I’ve had him on a saline drip, but it’s not helping.
牠吞下的任何东西都会吐出来
Everything he swallows comes up again.
如果牠不尽快开始进食及喝水
If he doesn’t start eating and drinking soon,
我担心牠会太虚弱而无法恢复
I worry he’ll be too weak to recover.
我试着鼓励牠 甚至给牠一些美味的火腿
I’m trying to encourage him. I even offered him some rather nice ham,
但我想牠对这种奢华美食早就习以为常
but I expect he’s used to such extravagance.
西格弗德…
Siegfried?
算了 你会觉得这很蠢
Doesn’t matter. You’ll think it’s stupid.
你就快说吧
For God out with it, man!
有一种学派认为
There is a school of thought that suggests
拥有某种东西或更重要的是
that having something, or more importantly,
有个值得为他而活的人 可以帮助病患康复
someone to live for, can help a patient recover.
拜托告诉我 你不是要拥护爱的永恒治愈力量
Oh, please tell me you’re not about to preach the healing power of love.
如果有人能哄诱牠摆脱困境
If anyone can coax him out of this
让牠慢慢康复 那个人就是庞弗里太太
and get him back on the road to recovery, it’s Mrs Pumphrey.
她就像这只小狗的母亲
She’s like a mother to this little dog!
我就说你会觉得这很蠢 是很蠢
I told you you’d think it was stupid.It is.
但现在看来 我们只有这个愚蠢的方法能一试了
But right now, I think stupid’s all we’ve got.
庞弗里宅邸
Pumphrey residence.
我是西格弗德法南
Mr Farnon
法南先生 拜托告诉我 你是要跟我说好消息
Oh, Mr Farnon. Please tell me you’re ringing with good news.
恐怕牠还在挣扎
He’s still struggling, I’m afraid.
我们认为让牠看看你可能对牠有好处
We wondered if it would do him good to see you.
如果你认为那有帮助的话 我这就过去
Well, if you think it might help.
是的
I… I do.
有人在身边…
Having somebody there…
这个嘛…
Well…
知道身边有人关心自己
..who doesn’t feel better
谁不会感觉更好呢?
knowing there’s someone there who cares for them?
法南先生 我完全了解你的意思
I understand precisely what you mean, Mr Farnon.

Good.
我会尽快去接你 再见
I’ll pick you up as soon as I can. Goodbye.
你们好
Hello!
你好 崔斯坦 你好 崔斯坦
Hello! Hi, Tristan!
玛姬 让我帮你放外套吧
Maggie! Let me take your coat.
我可以自己脱衣服 谢谢
I can undress myself, thank you very much.
别乱来 我绝不会这么做
Don’t even… I wouldn’t dream of it!
我要结婚了
I’m getting married.
玛姬 真好笑
Very funny, Maggie.
亚瑟上周跟我求婚了 我们要在新年时结婚
Arthur. He asked me last week, and we’re gonna do it in the New Year.
这不表示我们不能享受最后一晚的乐趣
Don’t mean we can’t have one last night of fun.
桌子上有一些点心
Right, there are some snacks on the table.
需要酒的话尽管开口
If you need another drink, just ask…
圣诞老人在哪里?
Where’s Father Christmas?
可能还在北极吧
Well, still in the North Pole, I’d imagine.
哈利太太?再来一瓶啤酒
Er, Mrs Herriot, another beer?
在洗碗间 你有腿吧?
In the scullery. You’ve got legs, haven’t you?
是你说尽管开口的
Well, you… You said just ask.
那是之前说的
Well, that were then.
不就是刚刚吗?我改变主意了
That were just now. Well, I’ve changed me mind.
别担心 基森先生 我去帮你拿
Don’t worry, Mr Kitson, I’ll fetch it for you.
抱歉 海伦 我有点忙不过来
Sorry, Helen, got a bit behind.
不 一点也不麻烦
Oh, no, it’s no trouble.
你的眼神完全不是那个意思
Your eyes tell a different story.
我真的不知道你是怎么做到的
I honestly don’t know how you do it.
你永远不必这么做
Well, you won’t ever have to.
希望吉米已经告诉你 明天午餐不用带任何东西
I hope you told James not to bring anything for lunch tomorrow,
其实… 我很高兴有你一起过圣诞节
Actually… I’m so pleased we’re having you for Christmas.
一群人可以帮助你忘记你想念的人
And a crowd helps you forget the ones you’re missing.
我们真的很期待
We’re really looking forward to it.
对吧? 对啊 没错
Aren’t we? Oh, yes. Aye.
法南先生呢?
Where’s Mr Farnon?
他去接庞弗里太太过来
He’s gone to pick up Mrs Pumphrey.
把戏有那么不舒服吗? 牠的身体很虚弱
Is Tricki that unwell? The fight’s just completely gone out of him.
希望她的出现能让牠振作一点
We’re hoping her presence might perk him up a little bit.
没有什么好担心的
There’s nothing worrying’ll do for it.
现在还有更紧迫的事情
Right now, we’ve more pressing matters.
如果那些孩子不能尽快见到圣诞老人
If these kids don’t see Father Christmas soon,
就会发生谋杀案 所以…
there’ll be murder, so…
谁要当呢?
who’s it to be?
孩子们好
Hello, children!
谁准备好见圣诞老人了? 我
Who wants to see Father Christmas? Meee!
圣诞快乐 快进来吧
Merry Christmas! Come on, then. Ho ho ho!
换我…
Me! Me!
那是我的圣诞礼物
That’s my Christmas present!
霍尔太太 你好 球芽甘蓝真美味
Mrs Hall. Lovely spread.
打扮得挺体面的
Scrubs up rather well.
他很有神秘感
He’s got that mysterious brooding thing down to a T.
吃香肠卷的人才没什么神秘感
There’s not much mystery about someone eating a sausage roll.
给你 战斗涂料
Here. War paint.
奥德丽 你应该好好享受自己的片刻时光
Audrey, you are allowed a moment to enjoy yourself.
事实上 我坚持
In fact, I insist upon it.
我的天 那真是太棒了
Oh, that’s absolutely fascinating!
杰拉德 你必须听听这个
Gerald! You simply have to hear this.
黛安娜…
Diana…
什么这么有趣?
Oh. What’s so interesting?
肉豆蔻 我放在香肠卷里
Nutmeg. I put it in the sausage rolls,
增添风味
gives them an extra bit of pep.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!