我会保守你的秘密
Well…your secret’s safe with me.
看看你身上的绒毛 奥德丽
Look at that fluff on… Audrey.
真的没有必要惊慌
There’s really no need to panic.
我很高兴有你这样的朋友
I’m glad to have your friendship.
如果这是你想要的 我们可以维持现状就好
We can leave it at that, if that’s what you want.
好的 那么…
Oh, right. Well…
很好
Ahem. Good, then.
我最好去绕一圈 看看有没有人要续杯
I’d better do the rounds, and make sure no-one needs topping up.
我知道奥德丽有多想念她儿子
I know how much Audrey misses her son.
我无法告诉她我们不会出席
I couldn’t bring myself to tell her we weren’t gonna be there.
我真的很抱歉 我不该假设…
I really am sorry, I shouldn’t have assumed.
因为这是我们结婚后要住的地方
It’s just because we’re going to be living here,after we marry, I mean.
是啊
Oh, right.
那是…
That’s what…
我知道我们还没好好谈过
I know we should’ve spoken about it,
但我必须在斯盖尔庄园做我的工作
but I need to be at Skeldale House to do my job.
我晚上要值班
I’m on call at nights,
赫斯顿农庄没有电♥话♥
and there isn’t even a telephone up at Heston Grange.
我不能睡在你家车道尽头的电♥话♥亭里
I can’t very well sleep in the phone box at the end of your lane.
不 我明白
No. I understand that.
我们要睡在哪里?
Where will we be sleeping?
不能是你的卧室 还让崔斯坦睡在壁橱里
Not in your bedroom with Tristan in the cupboard.
西格弗德让我们住阁楼的房♥间
Siegfried’s letting us have the bedsitter at the top of the house.
你有没有想过 我以后要做什么?
Have you given any thought to what you think I might be doing?
我没有想过 霍尔太太打理这个家
Well, I hadn’t really. Mrs Hall looks after the house.
但我还会在农场工作
But I’ll still be working on the farm.
我想我以为我们会住在这里
I thought we’d be living here.
那不表示你不能偶尔回家
Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be popping back now and then.
如果我搬进来 我想做的不只是偶尔回家而已
If I’m moving in, I’d want to be doing more than popping back.
如果?你改变主意了?
If? Are you having second thoughts?
不是关于我们 你希望我们住在赫斯顿农庄?
Not about us. Do you want us to live at Heston Grange?
我只是想解释一下我的感受
I’m just trying to explain how I feel.
你好 圣诞老人
Hello, Father Christmas.
你好
Hello.
给你的柳橙 谢谢
Have an orange. Thank you.
圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐 …
Merry Christmas.Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
这对我来说也是全新的体验
This is all new for me too.
几个月前 我还以为自己会彻底离开这个地方
A few months ago, I thought I was leaving this place entirely.
但正如我们发现的 无论我们有多么想
But as we’re finding out, it’s impossible to be
也不可能同时身处在两个地方
in two places at once, no matter how much we want to be.
也许明天我们不能在一起
Maybe we can’t be together tomorrow.
还是我们两家都去?
Or we could try to go to both houses?
我也想相信我们做得到
I’d love to believe we could make that work…
但我们必须做出决定
but we’ve got to make a decision,
即使那表示我们得让某人难过
even if it means hurting someone’s feelings.
庞弗里太太到了
Erm, Mrs Pumphrey’s here.
我得走了
I’d better go.
祝你好运
Good luck.
吴淘气 你看
Ooh, look, Tricki!
圣诞老人来看你了
Father Christmas, has come to see you.
也许他有小礼物要送你
Maybe he’s got a little present for you.
吴淘气
Ho ho ho, Tricki!
你是调皮还是乖巧的狗狗呢?
Have you been naughty or have you been nice?
天啊
Oh, dear me.
牠比之前更糟了
He’s worse than even before.
我们给牠开了几轮药
We’ve given him several rounds of medication.
但恐怕都没有改善牠的状况
But I’m afraid none of them has improved his condition.
这些兽医 他们很好
These vet lads, they’re nice enough
但他们永远无法理解农场经营
but they can’t ever understand farming.
那需要天分
You’ve got to have it in your blood.
哈利太太 你要加入我们吗
Oh, are you joining us, Mrs Herriot?
戴夫 我现在还是奥德赛小姐
Still Miss Alderson for now, Dave.
给你的
There you go.
谢谢 你人真好
Thank you. You’re too kind.
我应该把音乐调小声吗?
Should I turn the music down?
不用为了我这么做
Oh, not on my account.
很高兴听到大家在圣诞节玩得开心
It’s nice to hear people having fun at Christmas.
把戏 以前通常只有我们 对吧?
It’s usually just us, isn’t it, Tricki?
牠虽然很娇小
He may be small,
但牠用这样的爱和生命
but he fills every room of that house
填满了那栋大房♥子的每个房♥间
with such love and life!
我们在一起玩得很开心
We have so much fun together.
牠确实看起来很开心
He certainly seems happy enough.
你觉得我宠坏牠 对吧?
You think I spoil him, don’t you?
别否认 你的表情出♥卖♥♥♥了一切
No, don’t deny it, your face gives you away.
牠的饮食比大多数的狗放纵 这是真的
His diet is more indulgent than most, it’s true.
你别忘了
You must remember,
我没有孩子或孙子可以在圣诞节大送他们礼物
I don’t have children or grandchildren to lavish gifts on,
或是…偷偷给他们巧克力
or…sneak chocolates to at Christmas time.
拜托告诉我 那些点心不是害牠难受的原因吧?
Oh, please tell me. The treats aren’t the cause of his upset?
更有可能是 牠在某个地方沾染的虫子惹的祸
It’s most likely a bug he’s picked up somewhere.
而且对牠造成很大的伤害
And it’s hit him hard.
是啊
Right.
那么… 我们要为牠做什么?
So, erm, what are we going to do for him?
很遗憾我必须这么说 但在这个阶段
I’m sorry to say that, at this stage,
我们几乎没什么能做的
there’s very little we can do.
只能保持信念 希望牠能靠自己挺过去
Keep the faith, and hope he pulls through on his own.
你在这里的山丘上长大
You grew up on those hills.
你知道这是怎么一回事
You know what it’s like.
我们的农场已经世代相传了两百年以上
Our farms have been in t’family for 200 year or more.
所有的知识也是年年传承下来的
Eh? All that knowledge passed through the ages.
那些兽医懂什么?
What do these vets know?
他们是专业人士 他们的所作所为有科学依据
They’re professionals. There’s a science to what they do.
是啊 但他们也要你付钱
Aye, and they make you pay for it, too.
对啊
Yeah
我从没见过这么吝啬的人
I’ve never known a man with such short arms and deep pockets.
我只是比较喜欢传统作法
Well, I like to do things the old way.
没有这回事
There’s no such thing!
一切总是在不断变化
Everything always changes.
手推犁被马耕取代
Hand plough gave way to horse drawn,
然后又被拖拉机取代 说得对
that gave way to tractor. Aye, that’s true.
没有什么是一成不变的 万物总是在改变
Nothing stays the same. It’s always changing.
也许我们也得跟着改变
And maybe we’ve just got to change with it.
也许吧
Well, that may be,
但你永远也无法说服我 他们从书本中学到的知识
but you will never convince me that they know more out of a book
比我对自己动物的了解还多
than I do about me own animals.
如果你这么了解你的动物 也许你应该把牠们照顾得更好一点?
If you know ’em so well, maybe you should look after ’em a bit better.
喂 小姐 你听好了… 别叫我小姐
Hey! Now listen here, lass. Don’t “lass” me.
吉米不得不帮你的那只羊打一针
James had to give that sheep of yours an injection
让牠好好解脱 他做了什么?
to help her on her way. He did what?
如果他没那么做 牠现在可能还在受苦
And if he hadn’t, she’d probably still be suffering now.
是这样吗
Oh, is that so?
结果那只羊现在站起来了
Just so happens ewe’s back up on its feet,
完全康复
right as rain.
现在谁才知道 什么对他们的牲畜最好呢?
So who knows what’s best for their own stock now then?
母羊活下来了?
The ewe survived?!
一小滴就好
Just one little drop…
抱歉 吉米 能跟你说句话吗
Sorry, James. Can I speak to you?
失陪一下
Excuse me.
我一度认为我们最后可能会在一起
You know, part of me always thought we might end up together.
有什么好笑的?
What is so funny?!
崔斯 你是个好人
You’re a good lad, Triss.
我们一起欢笑过
And we’ve had a laugh together,
但是…
but…
可是…
there just…
到了人生的某个阶段 你会发现自己想要的不只是这样
there comes a time in life when you just want more than that.
但我完全有能力提供更多…
But I’m perfectly capable of providing more…
不管你说的是什么
..whatever it is you’re talking about.
拜托
Oh, please.
你就像是喜鹊
You’re like a magpie,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!