– Not many people like oolong.
你会弹钢琴吗?
Do you play the piano?
不 不是很懂
No, not exactly.
唱歌♥呢?
Sing?
我能唱两句 但是不…不好听
I can carry a tune, but no…not really.
这个难看的家伙是谁?
Who is this mean looking guy?
我的父亲
My father.
对不起!
I’m sorry!
没事 他也不喜欢这张照片
Don’t worry, he hates it too.
他看起来像过去那些海盗电影里的人 他叫什么名字?
He looks like one of those guys in an old pirate movie. What’s his name?
-伊桑 -伊桑·克洛斯马克…
– Ethan. – Ethan Krusemark…
好吧 我告诉你 我从不看伊桑的电影
Well, I tell you, I never saw any of Ethan’s movies.
你会说法语吗?
Do you speak French?
我来自布鲁克林
I’m from Brooklyn.
-最好别吸烟 -好
– I would prefer it if you didn’t smoke. – That’s okay.
乳酪或糖?
Cream or sugar?
就这样挺好 谢谢你
Straight up is fine, thank you.
我需要你准确的出生日期
I need your exact date of birth.
当然!
Sure!
我在2月14日出生…
I was born on February 14th…
…1918年 刚好是情人节
…1918, on Valentine’s day.
很有意思!我以前认识个人也在这天出生
How curious! I used to know a boy who was born on that exact same day.
是吗 你知道了 所有士兵的家都在
Well, you know how it is, all the soldiers home on leave and all.
也许我们可以把你这个朋友的图表拿出来用
Maybe we could pull your friend’s chart…
省的浪费时间
and save ourselves some time.
我不这么认为 每个人都是不一样的
I don’t think so. Every person is very different. I don’t think
我想你也不会喜欢他的图表
you’d like his chart.
出生的地方?
Place of birth?
布鲁克林 纽约 你的朋友是一个性情古怪的人吗?
Brooklyn, New York. Was your friend a jerk or something?
你可以这么说
You could say that.
我猜你们可能相处得不好
I guess you didn’t get along.
你和强尼
You and Johnny.
你和强尼·菲佛瑞?
You and Johnny Favorite?
-你是谁? -我是他在部队里的老战友
– Who are you? – I was an old army buddy.
我想你们两个是那种…
I thought you two were kinda…
好吧 我不是他的战友
Look, I ain’t no army buddy,
我只是个受雇找寻资料的人
I’m just a guy who was paid to snoop around.
说实话 我不是情人节那天生的
To tell the truth, I wasn’t born on Valentine’s day.
我只对强尼的未来感兴趣
It’s Johnny’s future I’m interested in.
强尼没有未来 他死了
Johnny has no future, he’s dead.
他12年前就死了 我想你该走了
He died 1 2 years ago. I’d like you to leave.
我知道你肯定在想…
I know you’re thinking…
这个偷偷摸摸到处刺探消息的人是谁?
who is this creep poking his snitch in everything.
我不想让你感觉我太多管闲事 但是…
I don’t want to sound nosy, but…
他死了 安卓先生
He’s dead, Mr. Angel.
即使她没死 在我心里他也是死的
And if he isn’t, he is to me.
他肯定把你伤害得很深!
He must’ve hurt you pretty bad!
我们每个人都有自己的伤心事
We all have our scars.
我对这个家伙不是很了解
I don’t know too much about the guy,
但是 他离开你实在是太蠢了
but he must’ve been stupid to let you go.
谎言和残忍♥对某些人来说是很容易的
Lies and cruelty come very easily to some people.
很遗憾 我真的希望你能帮我看看手相
Pity, I really would’ve liked to have gotten my palm read.
那样我就可以把你的手多握一会儿
Then I could have held your hand just a little longer.
我不认为你会喜欢我看见的事情
I don’t think you’d like what I see.
非常漂亮的项链!
Very pretty necklace!
你有没有很爽啊 强尼!
You got any High John
-一种草药根? -药粉还是整条的?
– the Conquerer root? – Powdered or hanging?
我也不知道
I’m not really sure.
被雨淋的咳嗽了 嗯?
Caught in the rain, eh?
二个草药根 1块2
Two roots, $1 .20.
顺便问一下 我在黑人区有个熟人
I have a question. I had an acquaintance in Harlem
她过去也是卖♥♥这些的
who used to deal in the root.
名字是 伊文捷琳听说过她吗?
Name was Evangeline. Heard of her?
自从那首诗出来后 基本上这里每个人都叫伊文捷琳
Practically everyone around here is called Evangeline. After the poem.
你听说过那首诗吗?
Do you know it?
是的 我知道它
Yeah, I know it.
这个熟人在黑人住♥宅♥区中有一间商店
This acquaintance had a store in Harlem…
店名和你的一样
and it was the same name:
-“卡特” -每个人都用这个名字 先生
– “Carter.” – Everybody uses the name, mister.
就像”华德·强森” 但是这里才是正宗
Like “Howard Johnson,” but this is the real place.
她的名字是普劳德富特
Her name was Proudfoot.
伊文捷琳·普劳德富特?
Evangeline Proudfoot?
我认识她 她住在纽约的时候经常回来
I knew her. She used to come back all the time when she lived in New York.
-你知道她现在哪里吗? -她生病死了
– Do you know where she is now? – She got sick and died.
她回到了神的庇护所
She went back to the Holy Shelter swamp…
被埋在阿曼德维尔(位于阿尔及利亚))
and was buried in Armandville.
她正在等候某些人
She was waiting on some fellah.
-就像诗中写的那样? -是的
– Just like in the poem? – Yep.
一块二
$1 .20.
-她等的是谁? -她从没说过
– Who was the guy? – She never told.
好 谢谢
Okay, thanks.
-租一个星期 是吗? -是 最多一星期
– A week, you say? – At the most.
这是什么?
What is it?
有什么好哭的呢?
Why are you crying?
我们去看奶奶 谁在那儿呀?
We’re going to Grandma. What’s there?
奶奶
Grandma.
奶奶
Grandma.
走吧
Let’s go.
把手给我
Give me your hand.
对不起!这是一个住在长岛的家伙给我的
I’m sorry! I got these off a guy in Coney lsland.
一个疯家伙
Some crazy guy.
对不起
I’m sorry.
别哭了
Stop crying.
我想和你妈妈聊一会儿
I was hoping I could talk with your mother.
你来得有点晚了 你认识她吗?
You’re a little late. Did you know her?
不 我从没见过她 但我有些问题想问问她
No, I never met her but I was hoping she could answer some questions for me.
你是警♥察♥吗?
Are you a cop?
不是 我的名字是哈利·安卓
No, my name is Harry Angel.
我是一个私♥家♥侦♥探♥
I’m a private detective.
-你叫什么…? -艾普芙尼
– So what’s…? – Epiphany.
你妈妈给你起了个很好听的名字
Your mama left you with a very beautiful name.
除了名字什么也没给我留下
And not much else.
实际上 我正在找你母亲的一个朋友
Actually, I’m looking for a friend of your mother’s,
一个叫强尼·菲佛瑞的人
a guy called Johnny Favorite.
我见过她所有的朋友 但从没听说过这个人
I met all her friends but never anyone called Favorite.
倒霉!
Shit!
我对鸡有些敏感
I got a thing about chickens.
这个人战前在纽约和你妈是好朋友
This Favorite was friends with your mother in New York city before the war.
好吧 她没和我说过
Well, she never told me.
妈妈有许多男朋友 她喜欢男人
Mama had a lot of guys. She liked men.
那…另外一个叫土斯·史威特的呢?
How about a guy called Toots Sweet?
他是菲佛瑞的一个朋友认识他吗?
He was a friend of Favorite. Know him?
-不认识 -他是一个吉他手
– No. – He was a good guitar player.
我今晚正要去看他表演
I was going to catch his act tonight.
我会呆在镇子的一个旅馆里
I’m going to be staying in town, in a hotel.
如果你记起些对我有用的事
If you remember anything
打电♥话♥给我
that might help me, give me a call.
你是一个非常漂亮的少女
You’re a very pretty girl,
艾普芙尼 你的名字适合你
Epiphany, your name suits you.
这些发疯的鸡!
These crazy chickens!
你找这个强尼·菲佛瑞干什么?
What are you after him for, Johnny Favorite?
不是我找他 我只是受雇查出他在哪里
I’m not after him. I’m just being paid to find out where he is.
他可能在地底下
He could be 6 feet under.
那我只好买♥♥一把铲子了
Then I’ll have to buy a shovel.
你好吗 亲爱的?
How are you, sugar?
你怎能唱出那么动人的音韵 史威特先生
Some beautiful tune
我叫土斯 小子!谢谢
you were singing there, Mr. Sweet.
可以请你喝一杯吗?
Toots, son! Thanks. – Buy you a drink?
不用了 今天老板请客特制鸡尾酒
Mine’s on the house. Special cocktail.
别管里面放了什么 先喝一大杯再说
Whatever’s in it gives a big kick.
你知道吗 几年前我在纽约看过你表演

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!