我叫作阿希巴勒… 阿希巴勒.苏休
My name is Archibald… Archibald Suchot.
我是个工程师 我在非洲待了十几年
I’m an engineer and I spent more than 10 years
增设了许多便民的建设
in Africa building every type of useful things.
非洲就是这整篇故事的核心…
By the way, it’s in the heart of Africa that our story begins…
喔,这不是非洲 这是我十年后在康乃迪克州的房♥子
Well, this is not Africa, this is Connecticut
我在失踪前也曾经住在这里
and this is the house I lived in before I mysteriously disappeared.
但另外的故事 就让我的孙子亲自来告诉你吧
But that’s another story that my grandson would be more qualified to tell you.
这个可爱又迷人的孩子 -他的名字就叫作… -亚瑟!
You will see he is a lovely charming kid who answer to the name of…
Arthur!!
亚瑟的奇幻王国:毫发人的冒险
他又上哪儿去了
Where’s he gone to this time?!
怎么连狗也不见了…
And the dog’s disappeared too!!!
阿福?
Alfred!!?
好啊,你看看
“Oh yes, you’ll see,” “he’ll be a great guard dog!”
好一只看家名犬!阿福
Alfred!!!
不知道这只狗到底是怎么看家的
I wonder what exactly it is he’ll be guarding!
你们起码也出个声音吧
Oh…
If you could at least answer when I call!
亚瑟?
Arthur?
亚瑟?
Arthur!!
救命啊!快来人啊!
Ha! An attack! Men, come to my aid!!
别…别慌!
Calm down!
是我!外婆!
It’s me! Granny!
对不起!
Sorry! I was in Africa!
-我刚在非洲 -我知道!
I can tell! Did you have a good trip?
旅途还愉快吗?
Fantastic! I was in a tribe with Grandpa!
棒呆了!
我跟外公在部落里,你看!
Look! Grandpa painted a canvas that he placed in a circle
外公画了张画布围绕在我们的身边
动物们只能看着我们打转
that way the animals pace round and round it, but can’t find us.
却找不到我们
It’s like we’re invisible.
我们就像隐形人
Invisible, but not unsmellable!
是看不到,但可不是闻不到
今天早上洗澡没呀?
Did you have your bath this morning?
才刚要去洗就发现这本书了
– I was on my way when I found this book! – Hmm,
真是太精彩了
It’s incredible!
这些全都是外公
It’s all the inventions Grandpa made for the isolated tribes.
为荒野部落做的发明耶
Yes. He was more interested in African tribes than he was his own!
是啊
你外公对非洲部落 的热情比我们还多
你看!他挖了一口很深的井
Look!
而且还利用竹子 做了一套灌溉系统喔
He dug a super deep well
and invented a whole irrigation system out of bamboo poles.
可是,这并不是你外公发明的
You know, it wasn’t Grandpa who invented that, it was the Romans.
是罗马人搞的
他们叫它做输水渠道
They called them viaducts.
罗马人?
The Romans?
我怎么没有听过这一族
I never heard of that tribe!
那是一个很老的民族
Oh, it’s a very old tribe, the leader was called Caesar.
领袖叫做凯撒
Like the salad?
-是凯撒沙拉吗? -对!
Yes, like the salad.
就是那个沙拉
Put that book back where you got it, we have to go shopping!
好了!快点把这本书放回去
-我们得去买♥♥东西了! -好
外婆,回来让我开吧?
Granny, please, can I drive on the way back?
不行亚瑟,以后再说
I don’t know, Arthur, we’ll see.
喔,拜托外公就会让我开…
– Oh, please, Grandpa would always… – Grandpa’s not here and I’m in charge.
外公是外公,我是外婆!
早安,苏休太太!
– Good day, Mrs. Suchot! – Oh, officer, hello!
喔,丁警官,早啊!
Always a pleasure to see you in town.
真高兴又跟你碰面了
Thank you, officer, always a pleasure to see you too.
谢谢丁警官
我也很高兴见到你
– Good day, officer! – Good day.
再见,丁警官!
再见
Arthur, hum, here, here’s the shopping list, and I’m,
亚瑟啊…嗯…
你先照单子把东西买♥♥好
外婆要过去找个朋友讲点事情
I’m just gonna run across the street
我…等一下就过去帮你结♥帐♥
for five minutes so I’ll meet you at the check out counter.
我可以买♥♥吸管吗?
Can I buy some straws?
可以呀,想买♥♥就买♥♥
Yeah, as many as you like.
他有跟你来吗?
– Did he follow you? – I don’t think so.
我想应该没有…
Perfect! Perfect!
很好!
很好!
好了,全都在这
There! It’s all there.
我真不知道该怎么谢你才好
Perfect, this is wonderful thank you so much.
我该付你多少啊?
– What do I owe you? – Are you crazy, nothing!
唉唷!客气什么
Nothing at all!
不必!算我送的
Now, get going before he catches you.
快走吧,免得他跑过来
I’m speechless, I don’t know how thank you!
我真不知道该怎么谢你
By letting me participate!
别想太多
Nothing could make me happier!
你一个人比我辛苦!快走吧
– Now, get going! – Thanks so much.
那谢谢,我先走了
I’m counting on you to let me know how it went?
记得告诉我他喜不喜欢喔
– I’ll call you tomorrow! – Talk to you tomorrow! Bye.
我会
明天再跟你说喔
好,明天打给我
Bye.
-再见 -拜拜
亚瑟
Oh Arthur!
好了好了好了,我来做就行了
Arthur, no, no, no it’s fine.
你先出去玩吧
You go off and play.
玩到多晚都行
– Go off while it’s still light! – Sure? Thanks Granny!
-真的? -当然是真的
Absolutely. Sure.
-谢谢外婆! -乖!
Yes!Yes!世界冠军
Yes!
Yes! World champion!
阿福
Alfred!
注意
Watch carefully, Alfred!
看好,阿福!
你很幸运马上就会看到最大的
You are about to witness the invention of
水利灌溉系统
the largest irrigation system in the county.
全国第一
Bigger than Grandpa’s, better than Caesar’s.
比大…比外公的大
比棒…比凯撒的棒
这个…是亚瑟的…新发明
This is Arthur’s invention!
棒呆了!
Perfect!
老天保佑吧!
By the grace of God!
Yes!
Yes!
阿福!恭喜恭喜!
Alfred! Congratulations!
这是个惊人的发明
It’s a remarkable invention that’ll go down in history! Believe me!
我一定会留名千古的!相信我!
亚瑟!你电♥话♥!
Arthur! Telephone!!
你先等我一下!
You’ll have to excuse me! Probably the
我看八成是总统先生打来恭喜我的
uh, president calling to congratulate me.
喂!我做了灌溉系统 就像凯撒的一样
Hey! I built an irrigation system like Caesar’s!
这下红萝卜的成长速度会快两倍
Off Now the radishes will grow twice as fast!
我的小宝贝吗?!
Is this my honey pie?! Who is this “Seesher”?
谁是凯撒啊?
One of Grandpa’s colleagues…
是外公的一个同事啦…
But I followed Grandpa’s blueprints and it works really well!
我是照着外公留下的蓝图做的
很好用喔
I hope you can get here before nighttimes so you can see it…
我希望你们天黑以前回到家
这样你们就可以看到了…
Where are you now?
你们在哪?
Um…
我们…我们还在外地,亚瑟
Well, we’re still in the city, Arthur.
喔?!那好吧…明天早上看吧?
Huh?! Oh…
Well… I guess you’ll see it tomorrow morning then?
我们大概没有办法赶回去了
Um… No, we’re not going to able to make it Arthur,
虽然我们不在你身边
but even though we can’t be there,
但是爸鼻跟妈咪还是很想你的喔
we wanted to tell you that we’re thinking of you…
因为…今天是你生日!!
because… today is… your birthday!!
祝儿子生日快乐!
Happy Birthday son!
你以为我们忘了,对不对!
Thought we’d forgot, didn’t you!
十岁可是个大日子耶!
But ten years old is a big deal!
你是个小大人了,对吧?
You’re a big boy now, aren’t you?
喜不喜欢你的礼物啊?
So how did you like the present?
-我们还没买♥♥,笨蛋 -什么?
– We haven’t gotten it yet, you idiot! – What?
喔,我和外婆说好了
No, I fixed it with Granny.
宝贝
Yes, you can go into town tomorrow and pick out whatever you like.
明天就跟外婆去挑你喜欢的礼物吧
别买♥♥太贵的
Not too expensive! Just joking, son!
开玩笑的,儿子!
我们下次再见啰
But we’ll see you real soon, and
还有,呃…我们再一次祝你…
uh, remember you have yourself a…
生日快乐!!