我明白了
I understand.
我知道本说过”让葬礼小规模安静的进行”
I know that Ben said; “Keep it small and quiet. ”
我不想违背本的意思
And I don’t want to go against Ben’s wishes.
但我想这是不错的 当我们这些朋友带本
But I thought it would be good, while our friends are carrying Ben to his…
去他最后的安息之地
…Iast resting place…
并读他的遗嘱
…to read from his quotes.
“我对福利事业没有什么贡献
“l ha ve no use for those on welfare…
“对什么都没有耐性
“…no patience whatsoever.
“但如果我真的要对自己保持诚实的话
“But if I am to be honest with myself…
“我必须承认 它们对我也没什么用
“…I must admit that they ha ve no use for me, either.
“我对自己和很多 值得尊敬的人持♥不♥同♥政♥见♥并不后悔
“l do not regret ha ving political differences with men that I respect.
“但令人遗憾的是
“l do regret, however…
“我们的思想
“…that our philosophies…
“令我们彼此分开”
“…kept us apart. ”
是的 我同意 除了他很讨厌以外
Y es, I a gree. Except he’s so boring.
马科斯怎么样了
What about Max?
-他再也不能参加选举了 -正确
-He could never take an election. -Correct.
这个国家的人♥民♥需要觉醒
The people of this country need to be awakened.
劳森怎么样 他很有魅力 有活力
What about Lawson? He’s charismatic, exciting.
我恐怕他太有活力了 如果他们开始培养那种…
He’s a bit too exciting, I’m afraid. If they start bringing up things about…
先生们快没时间了 我们必须做出个决定
Gentlemen, time is running out. We must come to a decision.
“我听见这个词”先生”
“l have heard the word’sir’…
“比听见
“…more often…
“”朋友”的次数要多
“…than I have heard the word’friend’.
“但是我希望…
“But I suppose…
“对于自己的财产能有别的回报
“…there are other rewards for wealth.
“在那些协商会中
“l ha ve met with kings.
“我偶遇过国王
“During these conferences…
“我压抑着自己的一些奇怪的想法
“…I ha ve suppressed bizarre thoughts;
“我可以在竞走比赛中打败他吗
“Could I beat him in a foot race?
“我能扔一个球比他扔的更远吗
“Could I throw a ball further than he?
“不管我们外表看来是怎样的 我们都只不过是孩子”
“No matter what our facade, we are all children. ”
昌西·格达那怎么样
What about Chauncey Gardiner?
我们有多了解这个人 完全不了解
What do we know of the man? Absolutely nothing.
我们没有任何关于他过去的记录
We don’t have an inkling of his past.
很好 这也是一种资产
Correct. That could be an asset.
一个人的过去会削弱他自己
A man’s past cripples him.
他的背景变成了调查的泥潭
His background turns into a swamp and invites scrutiny.
到现在为止 他还没有说过可以对自己构成威胁的言论
Up until this time, he hasn’t said anything that could be held against him.
并且对他那次所出的节目我们收到的电♥话♥反映
And the mail and telephone response from his appearance on that Burns Show…
是有史以来最高的
…was the highest they’ve ever had.
有多少
And?
95个百分点
And it was 95 percent pro.
我很赞同这个观点
I’m certainly open to the idea.
在下一次选举中还支持现任总统的人就是神经病
It would be absolute lunacy to support the President for another term.
因此 我很赞同本最后的希望
That is exactly why I agree with Ben’s final wishes.
“我生在巨富之家
“l was born into a position of extreme wealth.
“我度过很多失眠的夜晚
“l have spent many sleepless nights…
“来思考关于强大的力量
“…thinking about extreme power.
“令我兴奋
“I’ve lived a lot…
“也令我十分恐惧的是
“… trembled a lot…
“我们空手而来
“… was surrounded by little men who forgot that we enter naked…
“空手而去
“…and exit naked…
“没有人对我们一生的好恶做评判
“…and that no accountant can audit life in our fa vor. ”
先生们 我确信一点 如果我们想坚持到任期
I do believe, gentlemen, if we want to hold on to the Presidency…
我们唯一的机会就是昌西·格达那
…our one and only chance is Chauncey Gardiner.
“那我还是个孩子 我被告知
“When I was a boy, I was told…
“上帝以他自己的形象创造了我们
“…that the Lord fashioned us from his own image.
“从那时开始我就决定谨言慎行
“That’s when I decided to manufacture mirrors.
“安全
“Security.
“宁静
“Tranquility.
“一个很好的休息”
“A well-deserved rest.
“所有我追求的目标
“All the aims I ha ve pursued…
“不久都将会实现
“… will soon be realized.
“生命
“Life…
“是一种心境”
“…is a state of mind. ”
我明白了
I understand.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章龙虾
下一篇文章酷毙了
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!