我们在1980年得知 在研究了六年之后
that they live equivalent to human life spans.
鲸鱼的寿命几乎等同于人类的寿命
And every other potentially embarrassing fact is twisted
但所有其他的潜在的令人为难的事实都被扭曲了
and turned and denied one way or another.
然后被拒绝承认
So, in the wild, they live…
所以 在野外 他们的寿命…
Less. -Less.
更短 -更短
Like the floppy dorsal fins.
就像是松软的背鳍
25% of whales have a fin that turns over like that
25%的鲸鱼的鳍会这样翻转过来
as they get older.
随着他们年龄的增长
Dorsal collapse happens in less than 1% of wild killer whales.
在野外 背鳍衰竭在虎鲸中发生的概率少于1%
We know this.
这我们也知道
All the captive males 100% have collapsed dorsal fins.
所有被捕获的雄性鲸鱼100%都有背鳍衰竭现象
And they say that they’re a family, that the whales are in their family.
他们就说它们是一家人 鲸鱼和它们的家人生活在一起
They have their pods.
它们有它们的亲属
But that’s just an artificial assemblage of their collection,
但这只是一个人造的家庭
however management decides they should mix them
不管怎样 管理人员决定把他们混淆
and whichever ones happen to be born
不管是哪个碰巧出生
or bought and brought in.
或是带来带去的
That’s not a family, you know. Come on.
这根本不是家庭 拜托
You’ve got animals from different cultural subsets
我们有着来自不同文化子集的动物
that have been brought in from various parks.
他们都来自不同的公园
These are different nations.
他们是不同的族类
These aren’t just two different killer whales.
他们不单纯是两头不同的虎鲸
These animals, they’ve got different genes,
这些动物 他们有不同的基因
they use different languages.
他们使用不同的语言
Well, what could happen as a result of them being
好吧 这些有可能发生是
thrown in with other whales that they haven’t grown up with,
他们被安排幼年没有接触过的鲸鱼一起生活
that are not part of their culture
根本不是他们文化中的一部分
is there’s hyperaggression…
这是他们亢奋的竞争…
…a lot of violence, a lot of killing in captivity
…许许多多暴♥力♥ 在被俘虏中有许许多多杀戮
that you don’t ever see in the wild.
这是你根本在野外见不到的
For the health and safety of the animals,
为了动物的安全和健康
please do not put your hands in the water.
请不要把你的手放在水里
It was always sort of this backdrop,
总是在这种背景下
this underpinning of tension between animals.
这种动物中紧张的基础
Whale-on-whale aggression was just part of your– the daily existence.
鲸鱼和鲸鱼之间的侵犯是一部分– 这是日常存在的
We ask that you use the stairs and aisleways as you exit.
离开时请使用楼梯走道
Please do not step on the seats.
请不要踩在椅子上
These areas may become wet
那些区域有可能变湿
and therefore slippery to some footwear.
导致滑倒
Thank you.
谢谢
♪ Blue wonder… ♪ 蓝色奇迹…
In the wild, when there’s tension,
在野外 当它们不安的时候
they’ve got thousands of square miles
它们有上千平方公里
to exit the scene and they can get away.
来逃离远离这一切
You don’t have that in captivity.
但在收容设施中就不是这样了
Could you imagine being in a small concrete enclosure for your life
你能想象一辈子被关在一个狭窄的混凝土围场里
when you’re used to swimming 100 miles a day?
而你以前习惯一天游100英里?
♪ Free-feeling… ♪ 自♥由♥的感觉…
Sometimes this aggression became very severe
有时候这种侵犯变得很严重
and, in fact, whales have died in captivity because of this aggression.
事实上 因为这种侵犯 鲸鱼会在收容设施中死亡
I think it was 1988.
我想是在1988年
Kandu, trying to assert her dominance over Corky,
堪度想要维护她对科奇的统治
rammed Corky.
冲向科奇
It fractured her jaw, which cut an artery in her head
她的下巴裂了 割到了她头上的动脉
and then she bled out.
然后她就血流不止
Now that’s got to be a hard way to go down.
现在肯定很难平静下来
I saw that there was just a lot of things that weren’t right.
我看到有许多事情都不正确
And there was a lot of it– misinformation–
有许多–错误的信息–
and something was amiss.
还有一些 有差错的
And, you know, I sort of compartmentalized that part of it
还有 你知道 我区分了一部分
and did the best that I could with the knowledge that I had
我用我的知识做了所能做的一切
to take care of the animals that were there.
去照顾那里的动物
You know, I think all the trainers there have the same thing in their heart.
你知道 我想所有的训练师也是这么想的
They’re trying to make a difference in the lives of the animals.
他们尝试在它们的生命中创造不同
You think that, “if I leave, who’s going to take care of Tilikum?”
你会这么想 “如果我走了 谁来照顾提里库姆?”
That’s why I stayed. Because I felt sorry for Tilikum.
这就是为什么我留下了 因为我为提里库姆感到抱歉
I mean, if you want to get down to the nuts and bolts of it,
我是说 如果尝试考虑具体细节
I stayed because I felt sorry for Tilikum.
我留下来了 因为我为提里库姆感到抱歉
And I couldn’t bring myself to stop coming
我不能阻止我自己看望
and trying to take care of him.
以及照顾他
Gosh, do I love coming out here every day
天呐 我热爱每天来这里
and having the audience just love what we’re doing with the animals.
同时通过演出让观众也爱上它们
How do I make this animal as beautiful as they are
我该怎么做才能让它展现美丽
and have people walk away loving this animal?
然后让人们爱上这只动物?
And they’re touched and they’re moved
让他们感动触动
and I feel like I made a difference to them.
我觉得我和他们是不同的
I left in January of 2010,
我在2010年1月的时候离开了
a month before Dawn passed away.
在道恩去世前的一个月
She was like a safety guru.
她就像是一个安全专家
I mean, she was always double-checking,
我是说 她总是仔细检查
making sure that everyone was doing the right thing.
来确保每个人做的事情都是正确的
So I remember she would record every show that she did
我记得她会记录下她的每一场演出
and she would watch it and critique herself.
然后她会看这些演出 然后批评她自己
She was constantly trying to be better.
她不断地要求更好
When I found out it was Dawn,
当我发现那是道恩的时候
金姆·阿什道恩 海洋世界前驯兽师
I was shocked.
我震惊了
That could have been me. I could have been the spotter.
那有可能是我 我有可能是监视人
What if I was there and I could have saved her?
如果当时我在那里 我有没有可能救起她?
You know, all these things go through your mind.
所有的这一切在我脑海里萦绕
John Sillick is the guy who, in 1987,
约翰·希力克他在1987年
was crushed between two whales at SeaWorld of San Diego.
在圣地亚哥的海洋世界被两头鲸鱼压死
Now, even though I’d been working at SeaWorld for six months,
现在 尽管我在海洋世界已经工作了6个月
I had no idea that that had even happened.
但我根本不知道有这么一回事
I never even heard that story.
我从来都没有听说过这样的故事
And the SeaWorld party line was that, well, that was– it was a trainer error.
海洋世界觉得就像是 好吧 像是– 那只不过是训练失败而已
It was John’s fault. You know, John’s fault.
那是约翰的失误 约翰的失误
He was supposed to get off that whale.
他本应该从那头鲸鱼上下来的
And for years, I believed that and I told people that.
许多年来 我深信不疑 我也是这么告诉别人的
I actually started at SeaWorld, like, five days after that event occurred
事实上 我开始在海洋世界工作 是 在那件事发生的5天之后
and we didn’t– we weren’t told much about it
但是我们– 我们没有被告知太多
other than it was trainer error.
除了那是个训练失误
And, you know, especially when you’re new into the program,
你知道的 特别当你是这个项目的新人时
you don’t really question a whole lot.
你不能问太多问题
Well, you know, years later, when you actually look at the footage,
好吧 要知道 几年后 当你真的看着那个镜头
you go, “You know what? He didn’t do anything wrong.”
你就知道 “你知道吗? 他根本什么也没做错”
That whale just landed on him, you know.
鲸鱼就这么猛烈撞击他 你懂的
That whale just went to the wrong spot.
鲸鱼走向了错误的地点
It could have been aggression. Who knows?
这可能是一种侵犯 但又有谁知道呢?
But it was not the trainer’s fault at all, watching that video.
但这绝对不是训练者的失误 在我看了那盘录像之后
When I saw the video of the killer whale landing on John,
当我看到虎鲸猛烈撞击约翰的时候
I mean, it just absolutely took my breath away.
我是说 我感觉停止了呼吸
I gasped.
我倒吸一口气
I watched it two or three times,
我看了两三次
and every time I saw that, I just gasped.
每次我看到那个场景的时候 我都倒吸一口气
I could not believe what I was seeing.
我简直不敢相信我所看到的
What kept his body together is–
保证他身体在一起的是–
his wetsuit basically held him together.
他的潜水服就这么包着他
But I know he’s had multiple surgeries
我知道他刚经历过多次手术
and he’s got tons of hardware in his body.
他的身体上绑着许多装备
And it’s hard for me to believe that I didn’t actually see that video
我也很难以置信 我都没有看过这个视频
while I was actually an animal trainer
在我还是动物训练员的时候
because it seems to me that every person
因为在我看来 每一个
who works with killer whales should have to watch that video.
和虎鲸共事的人 都该看过这个视频
Tamarie–
泰姆瑞–
you know, Tamarie made mistakes.
你知道 泰姆瑞犯了些错误
The most important one was interacting with whales
最重要的一个错误是 她和鲸鱼们互动
without a spotter.
在没有监视人的情况下
So she’s putting her foot on Orkid,
她把她的脚放在欧吉上
she’s taking her foot off.
然后再把脚拿开
She’s putting her foot on Orkid, her rostrum, she’s taking it off.
她把脚靠近欧吉靠近她的嘴 然后拿开

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!