尽量给一个临终的人带去些许慰藉
Trying to bring some comfort to a dying man.
什么临终的人 你要拿这些去哪儿
What dying man? Where are you taking them?
我不能给济慈先生可怜的弟弟
I cannot offer poor Mr. Keats
一件不完美的礼物
brother anything that s not perfect.
是我 布朗恩小姐
It’s me. Miss Brawne.
我有些东西要交给济慈先生
I have something to deliver to Mr. Keats.
放在门口
Leave it at the door.
-他不在吗 -布朗恩小姐 我们在工作
– Is he not there? – We’re working, Miss Brawne.
济慈先生 我有东西送给你弟弟
I have something for your brother, Mr. Keats.
请她进来 布朗
Invite her in. Brown!
你这恶心的大猩猩
You disgusting ape.
你进入大猩猩笼子时要小心
Be careful as you enter the ape s cage.
布朗恩小姐 坐我旁边
Sit next to me, Miss Brawne.
我在这世上的前途渺茫
My prospects in the world feel very faint.
这房♥间真是脏乱
This room is so poorly cared for.
请尝一个
Please try one.
我怕他被呛到
I’m anxious they’ll cause him to choke.
不 胆敢再试一次我发誓我会咬你
No! Try another and I swear I shall bite you.
小心 她的牙齿很锋利
Take care. She has sharp teeth.
她用毒牙咬住我可怜的诗歌♥将其撕碎
She has sunk her fangs into my poor poem and shook it apart.
我很抱歉我无法完全喜欢
I am very sorry I couldn’t love your
你的恩底弥翁 济慈先生
Endymion completely, Mr. Keats.
也许之前我没说
Perhaps I did not say,
但我认为你诗的开头很完美
But I thought the beginning of your poem something very perfect.
别走 你也看到了
But don’t leave us. You can see for yourself,
我们无所事事
nothing is happening.
我们做的就是整天躺在屋里 祈求灵感降临
All we do is lie about the room all day, begging for inspiration.
求你 告诉我该怎么做
Please, tell me what I should do.
布朗恩小姐 我们猿猴只想有人陪伴
Miss Brawne, we monkeys just want a little company.
我给了他饼干
Well, I gave him the biscuits.
布朗先生不断
Mr. Brown kept…
如果我们吵完了 来问候一下汤姆
If we’ve finished tiffing, come and say hello to Tom.
这会让他开心的
It might cheer him.
我们得问妈妈
We’ll have to ask mama.
-不 我们不用 亲爱的 -不 我们得问
– No, we don’t, toots. – Yes, we do.
不是吗 撒母耳
Isn’t that so, Samuel?
我们得待在一起
We have to stick together.
我要去 你们得和我一起来
I’m going. You’ll have to come with me.
你想沿着湖走还是穿过树林呢
Would you like to go by the pond or through the woods?
我走过所有这些小径
I’ve explored all these paths, which are
它们的数目比你的睫毛还多
more in number than your eyelashes.
我的睫毛
My eyelashes?
你能整天坐在布朗先生对面使我惊讶不已
You know, it amazes me you can sit opposite Mr. Brown all day.
我从未听他说过一句幽默的话 从未
I’ve never heard him say one thing of wit. Not one.
-你喜欢幽默吗 -我最看重这个
– You favor wit? – I rate it the highest.
-你喜欢上流社会的人吗 -对
– You like the fashionables? – Yes, I do.
是那种男人吗 会说些让你不知不觉
Men who say things that make you start
就随之起舞的话
without making you feel?
说些有趣的话
Things that are amusing.
我了解这些上流社会的男子
I know these dandies.
他们吃饭喝酒
They have a mannerism in their very eating
连拿酒杯的姿势都要矫揉造作
and drinking, their handling of a decanter.
你在攻击我吗
You are making an attack on me?
不 我是在为布朗先生的慷慨善良辩解
No, I am defending Mr. Brown’s generous, good heart.
用攻击我的方式
By attacking myself.
请原谅
Forgive me.
我在我弟弟的病榻旁待太久了
I’ve been too long at my brother s sickbed.
我们能别再探讨机智幽默吗
Can we not still appreciate clever humor?
谢天谢地 他一直在大声叫你
Thank god! He’s been calling out for you.
请进
Come in.
约翰
John.
-我没有 我没有 -汤姆
– I didn’t…I didn’t…- Tom.
-什么 -汤姆 回到床上去
– What? – Tom, get back into bed.
我不知道 我做了这个梦
I don’t know. I was having this dream.
没事了 我来了
it’s all right. I’m here now.
-我来了 -你去哪了 约翰
– I’m here. – Where have you been, John?
-我 我很担心 -冷静 冷静
– I just…I was worried. – Calm now. Calm.
没事了 有我在
It’s all right. I’m here.
床上很热
It’s so hot in this bed.
我很怕
I was so scared.
-冷静 -我只是很惊慌
– Calm down. – I just panicked.
我想走 我想俩开 这里很臭
I want to go. I want to leave. It smells.
小心晚上我剪掉你的头发
Or I’ll cut your hair in the night.
-晚上好 约翰 -年轻人 你好吗
– Good evening, John. – Young man, how are you?
晚上好
Good evening.
济慈 希望你没忘带低音管
Well, Keats, I hope you’ve not forgotten your bassoon.
当然没有 在我西服背心的口袋里
Of course not. It’s in my waistcoat pocket.
-你好 济慈先生 -你好 小姐
– Hello, Mr. Keats. – Hello, minx.
汤姆怎么样了
How s Tom?
乐队的先生们 这边走
Gentlemen of the orchestra, just through here.
女士们 请一直走 谢谢
Ladies, straight ahead, please. Thank you.
快点 先生们
Hurry on, gentlemen.
他有任何转好的迹象吗
Is he showing any signs of improvement?
别问我汤姆的事 小姐
Don’t ask me of Tom, minx.
我唯一能做的就是说我很爱他
The only good I can do is say how I love him.
快点 先生们
Hurry on, gentlemen.
我们要开红酒吗
Shall we open the claret?
有人匿名提交给考官
Someone submitted anonymously to the
一首以爱能否成为第十个缪斯
examiner a most exquisite sonnet
为主题创作的
composed on the subject of whether love
绝妙十四行诗
itself could be the 10th Muse. Severn!
-来吧 -接招
– Come on. – En garde!

Right.
那是我的剑 你这畜牲
That s my sword, you brute.
爱是第十个缪斯
Love the 10th muse?
这诗充满了最完美的隐喻
It’s full of the most perfect allusions
写得十分优美
and really beautifully realized.
我起初以为这出自你笔下
I thought at first it might be one of yours.
我们刚告诉布朗恩小姐
We were just telling Mrs. Brawne of
布莱克伍德对约翰·济慈的评价
John Keats review in Blackwood s.
有那么糟糕吗
Was it so very bad?
无人能及这个应许之子
No man could have profaned and vulgarized
以这种方式
every association in the manner which has
亵渎所有联想手法并使之庸俗化
been adopted by this son of promise.
他们没有赞赏开头吗
Did they not admire the opening?
连我都知道它堪称完美
It was perfect. Even I could know that.
-你喜欢诗歌♥吗 布朗恩小姐 -不
– Do you like poetry, Miss Brawne? – No.
诗歌♥太费神费力
Poems are a strain to work out.
约翰 我们在讨论或说正要讨论
John, we are talking, or are about to talk,
你对济慈先生的恩底弥翁的维护
of your defense of Mr. Keats poem Endymion.

Yes.
我无所依恋 无所爱慕 除了一场美梦
I have clung to nothing, loved a nothing, nothing seen
什么也看不到 什么也感觉不到
or felt but a great dream! Or I have been
或许我曾自以为是 违背爱情 违背天理
presumptuous against love against the sky
违背所有基准 违背世人彼此的纽带
against all elements, against the tie of mortals each to each
这韵律优美独特
The rhythm is beautiful and unique.
有韵律却不合节拍
There are rhymes, but not on the beat.
它们朴实却很紧凑
They’re quiet, but binding.
同词反复让人神采飞扬
And the repetitions set you up to fly.
我无所依附 无所爱慕 除了一场美梦
I have clung to nothing, love to nothing, nothing seen
然后这里紧接着
And here you come out
无所见也无所知
or felt but a great dream!
很美
It’s beautiful.
未臻完美却很大气
Well, there are immaturities, but there are also immensities,
这就是别人没有提及的
And that is what they didn’t say.
提到了 你提到的 弟弟
It was said. You said it, brother.
的确
Very.
很令人钦佩
Very bravely.
女士们 汉普斯蒂德异教♥徒♥歌♥咏会即将开始
Ladies, the Hampstead Heathens are about to begin.
-雷诺兹 -我以为我被除名了
– Reynolds? – I thought I’d been expelled.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!