不 我想没有 你不可或缺
No. I think not. You’re very much needed.
济慈先生过世了
Mr. Keats is dead.
济慈先生过世了 还那么年轻
Mr. Keats is dead. So young.
是汤姆吗
Is it Tom?
我醒来感觉奇怪像有人握住我的手
I woke with the strange sensation of someone holding my hand.
我睁开眼 发现是约翰
I opened my eyes, and there was John.
我立刻明白发生了什么 接着他说
I knew immediately what had happened, and then he said,
汤姆8点去世了 平静而安详
Tom died at 8:00, quietly and without pain.
当然 他不能继续住在那了
Of course, he can’t go on living there,
所以我邀请济慈先生过来和我住
So I have invited Mr. Keats to come and stay with me.
我们确实计划拜访很多人
Well, we do have a long schedule of visits.
我不想妨碍你们进城的计划
I don’t want to interfere with your city plans,
但非常欢迎你们与我们共进晚餐
But you are most welcome to have dinner with us.
-小姐 你不舒服吗 -晚餐都已经准备好了
– Minx? Are you unwell? – We have provided and set the table.
不 不 不 没关系
No, no, no, not at all.
-我从未见你如此安静 -我很感激
– I’ve never seen you so quiet. – I would appreciate it.
我们确实进城有很多事要办
We do have some city business.
她缝了一整晚
She sewed it all night long.
是个枕套
It’s a pillow slip.
我可以让汤姆枕着它长眠
Then I will rest Tom’s head upon it.
济慈 雷诺兹一家在等着我们
Keats, the Reynolds are expecting us.
我会赶上你的 谢谢
I’ll catch you up. Thank you.
再次邀请我 单独的
Invite me again, alone.
一起过圣诞节
Come for Christmas.
妈妈
Mama
好 请务必前来 济慈先生
Yes, please do join us, Mr. Keats, please.
但玛丽安·雷诺兹也邀请我们过圣诞
But Marianne Reynolds invited us for Christmas.
记得吗
Remember?
她说的时候你也在 他们会请音乐家
You were there when she said it. They’re having musicians.
抱歉破坏了这事
I am sorry to spoil things.
没关系 只要济慈先生开心 我们也会开心的
Not at all. Wherever Mr. Keats is happy, we’re happy for him.
谢谢你 布朗恩太太
Thank you, Mrs. Brawne.
但为什么他和我们一起就不能开心呢
But why can’t he be happy with us?
也许布朗先生要济慈先生只和他一起
Perhaps Mr. Brown wants Mr. Keats all to himself.
我只是提醒济慈先生早先的约定
I am merely remembering to Mr. Keats a previous engagement.
布朗恩小姐 我以为我们刚刚在聊天
Miss Brawne, I thought we were conversing.
亲爱的布朗恩小姐
Dear Mrs. Brawne.
不知我能否与你们一起庆祝圣诞
May I yet join you for Christmas?
除了和你们一家以外
I have not the health nor the heart to be anywhere
我的心情和健康状况不允许我去别的地方
but with a family such as your own.
约翰·济慈
John Keats.
谢谢
Thank you.
我今早正在想你是否睡在我的床上
I was wondering this morning if you’re sleeping in my bed.
什么
Pardon?
我认为是的
You see, I believe you are.
今年夏天 我们租了布朗先生的半间房♥子
We rented Mr. Brown’s half of the house this summer
当时你正在苏格兰游历
While you were journeying in Scotland.
那你的卧室是哪一间呢
Which room do you sleep in?
能俯视整个后花♥园♥的那间
The one overlooking the back garden.
那曾是我的床
That was my bed.
如果你不信 把它从墙边拉开
For proof, pull it from the wall.
在枕边 你能找到一个我用针扎出来的人像
And by the pillow, you will find a figure I drew with pin holes.
那个人像是你吗
Is the figure you?
是一个童话里的公主
It’s a fairy princess.
-我能喂她吗 -她不会吃
– Should I be feeding her? – She refuses to eat.
你能教我读诗吗
Would you teach me poetry?
我 我很想读懂诗歌♥
I’d…I’d like to understand it.
但我不知道从何开始
I don’t know how to begin.
向右转三圈
And it’s three to the right.
二 三 向左转三圈
Two, three. Three to the left.
二 三
Two, three.
接着 放下 然后继续
And down. And keep it going.
这就是英国会客室的风俗
So that s the English drawing room.
这是我在苏格兰看到的
And this is something that I saw in Scotland.
他们踢腿
They kick,
他们腾空
and they jump,
然后他们转圈
and they twirl it,
他们疯狂地踢地板 直到精疲力尽
And they sweat it, and they tattooed the floor like mad!
不如写首诗吧
What about a poem?
-好啊 济慈先生 -一首短诗吧
– Yes. Please, Mr. Keats. – A short one.
每当我害怕生命就此止步
When I have fears that I may cease to be
我澎湃的思潮来不及诉诸笔端
before my pen has glean d my teeming brain
文字来不及汇成高高堆起的书籍
before high- piled books, in character
如同丰收的谷仓储满收割的稻谷
hold like rich garners the full- ripen d grain
每当我仰望繁星满缀的夜幕
when I behold, upon the nights starred face
看到巨大云翳喻表着壮丽传奇
huge cloudy symbols of a high romance
很抱歉 我词穷了
I do apologize. I’ve gone blank.
你太累了
You’re tired.
你想添点糖吗
Should you like some sweet?
我们来加点咖啡和糖吧
Shall we have coffee and sweet?
到我们这边来吧
Come through to our side.
我是来上诗歌♥课的
I’ve come for my poetry class.
诗歌♥课
Your poetry class?
诗歌♥课 济慈 我们今天讲诗歌♥吗
Poetry classes! Keats, are we teaching poetry today?
我希望没有妨碍你
I hope I don’t disturb.
坐吧
Take a seat.
看看这个
Have a look at that.
诗人本身并非理想化的
A poet is not at all poetical.
他是最不理想化的存在
He is the most un- poetical thing in existence.
他没有固定特性
He has no identity.
他一直物化成其他东西 太阳 月亮
He is continually filling some other body, the sun, the moon.
我无法再掩饰我的疑惑
I cannot restrain my credibility longer.
布朗恩小姐 你真的感兴趣还是假装的
Miss Brawne, is this really you or are you acting?
-我真的感兴趣 -真的吗
– It’s really me. – is it?
查尔斯 我这里有学生
Charles, I have a pupil.
-住嘴或者离开 -我道歉
– Desist or depart. – Apologies.
我真诚地希望这节课的代价
My modest hope is that the cost of
并不是失去这位诗人
the lesson will not be the poet.
这节课的代价是
The cost of the lesson is that Mr. Keats
济慈先生会马上跟我讨论诗歌♥
will forthwith discuss poetry with me.
你不打算读诗吗
You don’t mean to read the poems?
既然我无所事事 如你之前强调过多次
Until I know all the poets and poems in the world,
就等我知道世界上所有的诗和诗人之后再读
since I’ve nothing to do, as you so many times have noted.
我为您的志向折服
I bow to your ambition.
现在他走了 我觉得谈话更方便了
Now he’s gone, I shall find it easier to talk.
你能给我介绍一下诗歌♥的技巧吗
Can you say something of the craft of poetry?
诗歌♥的技巧只不过是躯壳 表象
Poetic craft is a carcass, a sham.
如果诗歌♥不是由心自然而发
If poetry does not come as naturally as leaves to a tree,
那么干脆不要写诗
then it had better not come at all.
我错了
I am mistaken.
我不确定我能教你
I am not sure I can teach you.
是我刚刚太无礼了吗 我 我可以道歉
Was I too rude? I…I can apologize.
我不清楚我对女人的感觉是否正确
I’m not sure I have the right feelings towards women.
我怀疑自己的感觉
I’m suspicious of my feelings.
你不喜欢我吗
Do you not like me?
我莫名为你所吸引
I’m attracted to you without knowing why.
女人都令我困惑 包括我母亲
All women confuse me, even my mother.
我渴望着为泼妇堕落 被天使拯救
I yearn to be ruined by shrews and saved by angels,
事实上 我只真正爱过我妹妹
And in reality, I’ve only ever really loved my sister.
我对我妹妹又爱又讨厌
I’m annoyed by my sister as often as I love her.
我依旧不懂怎么理解一首诗
I still don’t know how to work out a poem.
一首诗需要通过感官去了解
A poem needs understanding through the senses.
在湖里潜水的关键
The point of diving in a lake
并不是马上游向岸边
is not immediately to swim to the shore.
而是待在水里 沉溺于水里的感觉
But to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water.
你不是去努力了解湖水
You do not work the lake out.
这是某种超越思想的体验
It is an experience beyond thought.
诗歌♥抚慰我们的灵魂
Poetry soothes and
并赋予它接受神秘的勇气
emboldens the soul to accept mystery.
我喜欢神秘
I love mystery.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!