魔力红医生 你想喝点什么
Dr.Moroon, would you like a drink?
-我说了只有5分钟时间 -他不想喝东西
-I said 5 minutes. -He doesn’t want a drink.
你的结论完全是在歪曲事实
Your conclusions totally misrepresent the facts.
所谓的韦伯斯特 隆
To say that Webster, Long
和瓦特斯是被橄榄球杀死的全都是…
and Waters were killed by football is just…
错误的推理 是的 我知道
Fallacious reasoning. Yes, I know.
他这是要干嘛
Where is he going with this?
听他说完
Just hear him out.
我想发起一个正式的 可控制的对于国家橄榄球联盟
I would like to propose a formal, controlled study of former and current
现役和前成员的研究
NFL football players.
让我们一起给这个国家带来伟大的思想
We will bring together the greatest minds in America
我们应该一起努力去解决这个问题
To solve the problem. We should be working together.
你以为你在跟谁说话
Who do you think you’re talking to?
什么意思
Excuse me?
我以前是神经外科医协会的主席
I was the president of the congress of neurological surgeons.
我是给迈克·韦伯斯特做尸检的人
And I was the man who performed the autopsies, on Mike Webster
特里·隆 你的人
Terry Long, your men.
归你照看的人
Men under your care.
你知道迈克·韦伯斯特的妻子说了什么吗
Do you know what Mike Webster’s wife said?
她说 如果她知道迈克有病的话
She said, that if she had known that Mike was sick,
她该为他做更多的
She would have done more for him.
但是他死了 周围的人都讨厌他
But he died. In disgrace.
你的人
Your man.
你发过誓的
You took an oath.
-说出真♥相♥ -真♥相♥
-Tell the truth. -The truth?
把真♥相♥说出来吧
Tell the truth.
真♥相♥就是美国橄榄球联盟是崇高的 朋友
The truth is that the NFL is a blessing and a salvation, my friend.
我们提供成千上万的岗位
We employ hundreds of thousands of people.
我们帮助成千上万的贫困孩子走进学校
We send thousands and thousands of poor kids, to school.
这些橄榄球俱乐部拿出成千上万的美元
The ownership of this football club has donated millions of dollars
成立慈善机构
to countless charities.
你想让我继续讲下去吗
Do you want me to go on?
-那都不重要 -很重要
-That won’t be necessary. -Oh, it is necessary.
橄榄球是美国最流行的运动
Football is the most popular sport in America.
因为这项运动太他妈的不可思议了
Because it is so god damn fantastic.
还有 就在那儿…
And that, right there…
那儿就是这个城市的心脏
That is the beating heart of this city.
而你想干什么 消灭它
And you want to what? end it?
你想搞垮全国橄榄球联赛
You want to fold up the National Football League?
我想解决问题
I want to solve the problem.
你凭什么
Who are you?
-你这是什么意思 -你是一个病理学家 验尸官
-What are you asking? -You’re a pathologist, you perform autopsies.
对 我是个验尸官 是的 这就是我
Yes, I am a mere pathologist. That’s it, that’s all I am.
你知道你正在做的事会造成什么影响吗
Do you have any idea the impact of what you’re doing?
当然 我知道
Yes, I do.
你知道你正在做的事会造成什么影响吗
Do you understand the impact of what you are doing?
如果有10%的美国♥母♥亲认为
If just 10% of the mothers in America decide that
橄榄球太过危险而不让孩子们去玩…
football is too dangerous for their son’s to play…
这样的话 橄榄球完蛋了
That is it. It is the end of football.
孩子们
Kids,
学校和职业体育完蛋只是时间问题了
Colleges and eventually it’s just a matter of time, The professional game.
乔 他做尸体解剖 他不分♥析♥商业结果
Joe, he does autopsies. He’s not in the outcome business.
他不考虑商业
He has no business.
你知道历史对人的影响吗
Do you know what history does to people?
那些训练有素的医生忽视科学…
Trained physicians who ignore science…
-哦 哇…-先生 我不会逃避
-Oh, wow… -Sir, I am not done.
历史的笑料
History laughs.
如果你继续否认我的工作 世界将会否认我的工作
If you continue to deny my work, the world will deny my work.
但是人 你的人
But men, your men…
会继续死去 家庭因而破碎
continue to die. Their families left in ruins.
把真♥相♥说出来
Tell the truth.
说出来
Tell the truth.
你确定 你确定想要这么做
You sure, You sure you want to do this?
同样的问题我问问你 魔力红医生
I would ask you that same question, Dr.Moroon.
嗯 你的研究 我会回复你
Oh, your study. I’ll get back to you.
好吧 一切顺利
Well, that went well.
当我还是个孩子的时候 在尼日利亚长大…
When I was a boy, growing up in Nigeria…
天堂在这里…
Heaven was here…
而美国就在这里
and America was here.
对我来说天堂就是上帝把所有他喜欢的人召集在一起的地方
To me it was the place where God sent all of his favorite people.
你可以想任何事 你可以做任何事
You could be anything, you could do anything.
我以为上帝喜欢的大概就是美国人那样的人
Americans were the manifestation of what God wanted us all to be.
我从来没有这么想…
I have never wanted anything…
成为一个为人所接受的美国人
as much as I wanted to be accepted as an American.
但是迈克·韦伯斯特疯的时候竟然没有人去问为什么
But Mike Webster goes mad, and nobody asks why.
他们嘲笑他 在电视上侮辱他
They make fun of him, they insult him on TV.
而现在他们又想要假装他的病是不存在的
And now they want to pretend that his disease does not exist.
他们还想掩盖我的发现
And they want to bury me.
这是攻击
It’s offensive.
我是靶子
I am offended
我不应该发现这个
I am the wrong person to have discovered this.
这世界上没有巧合
There is no coincidence in this world.
告诉我 你 不仅仅作为一个医生
Tell me, what is the statistical probability that you?
还是班尼特·奥马鲁 来到美国
Not just a doctor, but Bennet Omalu…
扎根在这里 在这个腐朽的地方
came to America, ended up here,
你一个人看着这一切的概率是多大
This rusty place, for you alone to be the one to see this?
当我抵达纽约的时候…
When I arrived in New York…
-我遇到了袭击 -发生什么事了
-I was attacked. -What happened?
还是不说比较好
Something that is better left unsaid.
但那个人 快要把我打死了
But that man, almost broke me.
我想要放弃了 想回去
I wanted to give up and go back.
但是我相信上帝
But I knew God.
我相信上帝的圣明
I decided to trust his wisdom.
我留下了
And I stayed.
而现在我眼前的这个人…奥玛鲁·杌陧玛鲁库伯
And now I am looking at this man… An Omalu Onyemalukwubwe.
你的名字 意味着”如果你知道…
your name, it means “If you know…
你必须站出来公之于众”
You must come forth and speak”.
-你是怎么知道那个的 -我打电♥话♥给你的父亲了
-How did you know that? -I called your father.
-他听到我说的话很高兴 -我相信他很高兴
-He was pleased to hear from me. -Yes. I am sure he was.
假如你不把死因说出来 谁来说
If you don’t speak for the dead, who will?
你是义博部落出生的人 班尼特
You are of the Igbo tribe, Bennet.
当你知道了事情的真♥相♥ 有被告知
When you have the truth, the thing
你不能做的事 那就是你要做的事
you are told you cannot do is the thing you must do.
去吧 没有人能够打倒你
Embrace that, and nothing created by man can bring you down.
奥马鲁去出版社了 听这个
Omalu’s gone to the press now, listen to this.
在国家橄榄球运动员安德鲁·瓦特斯的遗体
“After examining the remains of former National Football League
解剖结束后
player Andre Waters,
在匹兹堡的验尸官班尼特·奥马鲁医生声称…
a neuropathologist in Pittsburgh, Dr.Bennet Omalu is claiming…
瓦特斯先生在职业生涯期间受到了持续的脑损伤…
That Mr.Waters had sustained brain damage from playing football, and he says…
最终导致了他的抑郁和死亡
that led to his depression and ultimate death.
越来越糟糕
It gets worse.
朱利安·贝尔斯医生
Dr.Julian Bailes,
退役运动员研究中心主任
Medical Director for the Centre for the Study of Retired Athletes,
西维吉尼亚大学的
and the Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery…
神经外科学系的主席 表示
of West Virginia University said:
“很遗憾 我并不感到惊讶”
“Unfortunately, I’m not shocked.”
会有更多的奥玛鲁和贝尔斯出现的
There’s more Omalu and more Bailes.
贝尔斯 这个名字怎么有点耳熟
Bailes. Why do I know that name?
钢人队的团队医生 球员协会的神经学专家
Steeler’s Team Doctor, Neurologist for the Players Association.
-哇…-是的 哇
-Wow… -Yeah, Wow.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》称这是潜在的瘟疫
The Times is calling it a potential epidemic.
保罗…这不是什么体育专栏 不是科学期刊
Paul… It’s not the sports section, not science.
在纽♥约♥时♥报♥的首页 头条
It’s A1, front page, New York Times.
显然 总裁多年来一直渴望…
Apparently, the commissioner has been yearning for years…
根据律师的反馈…
to go back to his litigator…
保罗·塔利亚布埃宣布他将退役…
since Paul Tagliabue announced that he would retire
在七月 差不多17年后…
in July, after nearly 17 years…
国家橄榄球联盟
Prized, The most lucrative
也许是史上最有价值最稳定最赚钱的体育联盟
and stabilizing reign, perhaps in the history.
在奥多尔蒂国家橄榄球联盟俱乐部经理会议上…
Football at the NFL owners meeting in O’Doherty…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!