西里尔
Cyril.
你有没有做过任何以公谋私的事情
Have you ever performed any private services on county time?

Have I?
显然我们都伤害了政♥府♥的的感情
Apparently we’ve both hurt the government’s feelings
你指的是死刑案件吗 我都是用的业余时间
Are you referring to the death row case? Where I used my personal time.
我们不会为难你 奥玛鲁医生 但是我们需要你
We don’t want you, Dr.Omalu. But we can have you.
-这是什么意思 -意思是说他们需要你的证词
-And what does that mean? -That means they want your testimony.
-针对你 -是的
-Against you? -Yes.
我明白了
I understand.
你们先攻击他 然后就是我
You are attacking him, to get to me.
我懂了
I know.
这是因为他的名字在我的调查报告上
This is because his name is on my research.
什么调查
What research is that?
我会尽快辞职的
I will resign first.
在这种情况下 你的移♥民♥身份将会发生变化
In which case your immigration status will be revised.
因为你的身份需要全职工作
Since your status requires full-time employment.
我会去别的城市再找一份工作的
Then I will get another job in another city.
那样最好
-That would be fine.
班尼特…
Bennet…
我跟你说过 如果你要做 确保我们都能够没有麻烦
All I asked, is that if you did this, we both came out okay.
而不是丢了工作
Not professional ruination.
任何人…不管谁取代我…
Whoever… Whatever takes over from me…
他们都是为了脑损伤的资料
They’re gonna want the CTE information, you know that.
如果他们带着正当理由出现在这里呢
What if they show up here with a warrant?
怀疑什么 科学
On suspicion of what? Science?
啊 因涉嫌胡说 我们受到了不公正的待遇…
Ah, on suspicion of bullshit. We got screwed…
这不是你该得到的结果
You didn’t deserve it.
你知道最糟糕的是什么吗 太容易了
You know the worst part? How easy it was.
西里尔 他们休想让我说出
Cyril, they are not going to make me say…
一个指控你的字
one word against you.
你会说什么
What are you gonna say?
“西里尔·威切特是个白♥痴♥”
“Cyril Wecht’s a loud-mouthed asshole”?
我不在乎 我累了
I don’t care, I’m tired.
我年纪大了
My balls are low.
我没有为做好什么
I didn’t do good enough by you.
西里尔…我不能回到尼日利亚
Cyril… I can not go back to Nigeria.
我的一切都在这儿
Everything that I am is here.
我的孩子要出生在美国
My child has got to be born in America.
别担心 我会给你一份工作
Don’t worry, I’ll get you a job.
你可以和我在监狱的洗衣房♥一起干活
You can work with me in the prison laundry.
打电♥话♥外科医生 我们需要喝几杯
Call the surgeon. We need a god damned drink.
我把这个问题解决了
I solved the problem.
所有要做的就是把安全帽放到一边
All the have to do is put on the side of the helmet,
“普通外科医生就会认定
“The Surgeon General has determined
打球对你的健康是有害的”
that playing football is hazardous to your health.”
你必须把双方的安全帽都拿掉
You gotta put it on both sides of the helmet.
你知不知道保罗·塔利亚布埃 联盟前委员…
Did you know that Paul Tagliabue, this is the former commissioner Tagliabue…
你知道科文顿柏灵律师事务所的合伙人保罗吗
Did you know that Paul was a partner at Covington & Burling?
也就是7大烟草公♥司♥的事务所
which is the same law firm that represented the Big 7 Tobacco companies.
-当然 -现在他们代言了国家橄榄球联盟
-Course he was. -And now they’re representing the National Football League.
他们当然会这样
Of course they do.
我在钢人队的最后一年
In my last year with the Steelers,
因为暴风雪 我们把比赛从周日改到了周二
We moved a game from a Sunday to a Tuesday because of a blizzard.
联盟说不用担心收视率
And the league said that they weren’t concerned about the ratings,
因为联盟是被神保佑的
because the league was immune from acts of God.
班尼特 班尼特
Bennet! Bennet!
很抱歉 没有心跳了
I’m so sorry, there’s no heartbeat.
能让我们两个人一起呆一会儿吗
May, May we have the room?
拜托了 谢谢
Please, Excuse us, thank you.
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
孩子没了我很抱歉
I am sorry that our baby’s dead.
都是我的错
This is my fault.
真希望我从没见过迈克·韦伯斯特
I wish I’d never met Mike Webster.
他们毁了我们
They destroyed us.
我不明白事情为什么会这样
And I don’t understand why it is happening this way.
班尼特 听我说
Bennet, listen to me.
你知道我选择的明灯是谁吗
Do you know what I chose to fake?
是你
You.
-我们会有个家的 -嗯 我们会有的
-We will have this family. -Yes, we will.
但不是在这儿
Just not here.
我们得走了
We have to go.
你好 奥玛鲁先生
Hello, Mr Omalu?
奥玛鲁医生
Doctor Omalu.
我们需要知道你的电视机尺寸
I just need the measurements for the flat screens.
没必要了
That won’t be necessary.
告诉我你怎么了 约瑟
Tell me what happened to you, Jose.
告诉我
Tell me.
都会好的
It’s going to be okay.
我的思维一直在弱化
My mind keeps slipping.
我甚至不回说话了
I can’t seem to find the damn words no more.
什么
What?
嗯 嗯 嗯
Yeah Yeah Yeah.
我不行了 我很抱歉
I just can’t do this, I’m sorry.
-谁啊 -是我朱利安
-Yes? -Bennet it’s Julian.
戴夫·杜尔森今天自杀了
Dave Duerson killed himself today.
他朝自己的胸部开了一枪
He shot himself in the chest, in the heart.
等等 等等
Hold on, Hold on.
-我的天 -他留下了一张字条
-Oh My God. -He left a note.
他希望死后将大脑捐赠出去做研究
He wants his brain to be donated, to be examined.
他认为我们是正确的
They said that we were right.
班尼特 你在吗
Bennet, are you there?
嗯 我在
Yes, Yes, I’m here.
一个国家橄榄球联盟专业的顶级的投球手
A Pro-Bowler in that deep with NFL leadership,
用自己的方式自杀了
killing himself in the way he killed himself.
他们解释不了这个
They can’t explain this one away.
球员们现在想要听见你的声音
Players are gonna want to hear from you now.
我想找那件…
Trying to find the…
我不知道该对他们说什么
I don’t know what to say to them.
告诉他们到底发生了什么
Tell them what’s really happening.
大家好
Hello.
一个小男孩来找我…
A small boy came to me…
说 先生 为什么你那么讨厌橄榄球
and said, Mister, why do you hate football?
我说我不讨厌橄榄球啊
I said I don’t hate football.
他说 “我爸爸说你讨厌橄榄球”
He said: “Yes, my father said you hate football.”
我说”你告诉你父亲来见我”
I said, “You tell your father to come see me.”
我的妻子喜欢在看比赛
My wife watches the games.
她会尖叫 甚至会跳起来
And she will scream and she will jump.
她总是吓到我
She startles me, a lot.
但通过她的眼睛 我能看到美 看到优雅…
But through her eyes I can see the beauty, and the grace…
还有能量
The power.
我告诉她 我宁愿从没见过迈克·韦伯斯特
I said to her that I wished I’d never met Mike Webster.
但在我认识他之前
But that was before I knew him.
他给了我一个大礼物
He has given me a great gift.
这礼物是危险的
A dangerous gift.
这礼物是知识
The gift of knowing.
一个士兵 知道什么是危险
When a man is a soldier, he knows what is at risk.
可能会受伤 甚至死亡
He may be injured or even killed.
但是作为一个职业球员
But when a man is a football player,
知道自己可能会断手 断腿
He knows he may break his arm, or his leg
他不知道还会失去自己的思想
He does not know that he can lose his mind.
失去家庭和金钱
His family, his money.
还有他的生活
His life.
他们应该知道
They have to know.
迈克·韦伯斯特 贾斯汀·斯托克斯
Mike Webster, Justin Strzelczyk
特里·隆 安德鲁·瓦特斯
Terry Long, Andre Waters,
戴夫·杜尔森
Dave Duerson.
他们通过死亡…
By Dying…
来为生存代言
They speak for the living.
而我为他们代言
And I speak for them.
这就是我所做的
That is all I do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!