in the 48 hours leading up to the explosion,all right?
在南城区出现的所有背包进行交叉比对
Don’t think it’s ever been used this way.
我估计从来没有人这样用过它
Yeah,that’s kind of a simple image to go for a match.
从比对的角度来讲这是一个比较简单的影像
Well,we got nowhere else to go.
我们也没别的办法
Look,same bag. Bingo.
瞧 同一个包 中了
Okay,freeze it.
好 定格
Yeah,looks like the same guy,too. Where is this?
是他 看上去是同一个人 这是在哪?
Security camera at the Algiers ferry dock.
阿尔及尔轮渡码头的保安摄像头
Okay,when is this?
好的 是什么时候?
Two nights before the explosion. Seven hours from now.
爆♥炸♥发生前两天的晚上 离现在七个小时
Two nights before the explosion is seven hours from now?
爆♥炸♥发生前两天的晚上 离现在是七个小时?
Seven hours from now,
从现在起再过七小时
we will be able to access this point in our time window.
我们就能在时间窗口中查看这个时间点
Gotcha.
明白了
Kind of creepy,seeing that lady’s life go down in flames.
看着这女人的生活走向尽头总觉得有点可怕
Yep.
是啊
Makes you appreciate life.
这会让你更加感到生命的珍贵
I suggest you go home and jump on whoever you got.
不管你家里有谁我建议你现在回家和她亲热一下
That’s what I’m gonna do. Nobody home.
这也是我要做的事 我家里没人
How’d you let that happen?
你怎么会混成这样的?
Everything you have,you lose,right? Mother,father,gone.
你的一切到头来都会失去 对吧? 妈妈、爸爸 没了
Good looks,Pryzwarra,gone.
好相貌 也没了
Loved ones gone in a second.
你爱的人更是转眼就会走
That’s what this job teaches you,doesn’t it?
这就是这份工作让你明白的道理?
No matter what,
不论是什么
no matter how hard you grab onto something,you still lose it,right?
不论你把它抓得有多紧 还是会失去 对吗?
Well,we’re gonna grab onto this guy in a couple hours.
我们几小时以后就要抓住这个家伙
We’re gonna nail this son of a bitch.
我们要钉死这狗♥娘♥养♥的
What’s wrong?
有什么不对?
No matter what,we still lose her.
就算抓住他 死人也不能复活
Right?
是吧?
Military helicopters that have served as an emergency force
承担紧急救援任务的军用直升机正在离开这座城市
are leaving the city. Hundreds of thousands of New Orleans residents
成千上万的新奥尔良居民
have been unable to come back home,and entire neighborhoods…
现在还无家可归 成片街区尚待重建…
Did you talk to him?
你和他谈过了?
…are still waiting to rebuild. This while governmental agencies…
…值此艰难时刻 政♥府♥机关…
Oh,no. What is it?
哦 不 怎么了?
Mom asked me to say a prayer for David this morning,but I forgot.
妈妈要我今天早上为大卫祈祷 可是我忘了
Okay. Mom is gonna be so mad at me.
没关系的 妈妈会对我发火的
She’s not gonna be mad at you. Come on.
她不会对你发火的 没事的
We’ll just say one now,all right?
我们现在就祈祷 好吗?
It’s too late. It’s never too late,sweetie.
现在太晚了 什么时候都不晚 宝贝
We’ll just pray that David had a good day,all right?
我们祈祷大卫愉快地过一天 好吗?
How about this? You pray for David,and I’ll pray for my mom,okay?
这样吧 你为大卫祈祷 我为我妈妈祈祷 好吗?
Okay. All right.
好 好啦
What’s going on? Give it a second.
怎么回事? 等等
Gunnars. It’s rebooting. It’s coming back.
加纳斯 正在重启 马上就好
Are we online? Wait.
我们联上了吗? 等等
Are we online? Gunnars!
我们联上了吗? 加纳斯!
What the hell’s going on? Shanti,are we back online?
这到底是怎么回事? 香提 我们联上了吗?
I don’t know. Something broached the field.
我不知道 有什么东西穿透了电磁场
What broached the field?
是什么穿透了电磁场?
That broached the field,right there.
就是那东西穿透了电磁场 就在那里
That broached the field,right there.
就是那东西穿透了电磁场 就在那里
That’s what broached the field.
那就是穿透电磁场的东西
Now,you wanna tell me what the hell this thing is?
现在你们该告诉我这东西到底是怎么回事了吧?
It’s not surveillance,Paul. It’s not electronic thermal imaging.
这不是监视影像 保罗 这不是电子和热成像
You guys have figured out a way to look into the past. Yes or no?
你们找到了查看过去的方法 是不是?
No. You’re lying.
不是的 你骗人
You’re lying,and you know it. I’ve told you everything I can.
你骗人 你是知道的 我把我能说的都告诉你了
She saw it,Paul. I pointed this thing at her just now,
她看见了 保罗 就在刚才 我用这东西指着她
and she responded to it from four and a half days ago.
而四天半以前的她做出了反应
Explain that to me. All right.
快给我个解释 好吧
Somebody explain it!
有人对我说说吗!
Hit it,Shanti.
你给他说说 香提
For three years,Cambridge has been working
三年来 剑桥大学一直在
for National Reconnaissance on an R & D grant.
搞一个国家拨款的侦察项目研发
Okay.

We were attempting to use concentrated bursts of energy
我们原本打算利用能量的集中爆发
to enance the sensitivity of optical telescopes.
增强光学望远镜的灵敏度
In the process,we had a breakthrough.
在这个过程中我们实现了突破
Given enough energy,we could warp the very fabric of space.
只要有足够的能量 我们就能扭曲空间的结构
I said explain it to me,not talk science.
我说的是给我解释 不是让你谈科学理论
They found a way to… Look,I’ll tell you what.
他们找到了一种方法来… 好吧 你们听我说
Why don’t you guys just keep talking? I’ll just sit here
你们就接着给我讲 我就坐在这儿
until you figure out what it is you really wanna tell me.
一直到你们搞明白到底要对我说什么为止
They found a way to fold space back onto itself.
他们找到了一种让空间自身折叠的办法
All right,look.
好吧 你看
We’re used to viewing space as flat,right?
我们曾经把空间看成是平直的 对吗?
Like this piece of paper. Right.
就像这张纸一样 对
To see something from a distance,light has always had to travel
要想看到远距离的物体
the long way across the flat space in between.
光线总是得穿越两者之间的平直空间
But given what I was trying to explain,
但是有了我对你解释的这种方法
we can fold the space,bring the target closer to us,
我们就可以把空间折叠起来让目标离我们更近
create what’s known as an Einstein-Rosen bridge,
搭建起所谓的“爱因斯坦-罗森桥”
otherwise known as a wormhole,suspend it via gravitational field.
或者叫虫洞 我们通过引力场使它悬浮
That’s what we’re looking at? That’s it.
这就是我们在看的东西? 就是它
What’s on the other end of the bridge?
桥的另一头是什么?
Claire’s house.
克莱尔的家
Basically,we’re folding space in a higher dimension
简单来说 我们通过高维方式折叠了空间
to create an instantaneous link between two distant points.
在相距很远的两个点之间 制♥造♥了瞬时的链接
Instantaneous? Well,that’s what we hoped for
瞬时的? 我们原本希望是这样
and that’s what we expected. But the electrical force…
我们打算做到这样 但是电力…
We used huge amounts of energy to create this bridge.
为了搭建这座桥我们使用了巨大的能量
All right,how huge?
好吧 有多大?
You remember that little blackout we had a few years back?
你还记得几年的那次小停电吗?
Yes,I do. New York blamed Canada.
我记得 纽约责怪加拿大
Right. Canada blamed Michigan.
对 加拿大责怪密歇根
Half the Northeast. You’re saying you guys…
半个东北地区都停电了 你是说你们…
Fifty million homes. Right. My bad.
波及五千万家庭 对 是我的错
Well,I still say we blame Canada,but…
我还是要怪加拿大 不过…
Okay,so why can’t I see this bridge?
好吧 那么我为什么看不见这座桥?
It’s not visible to the human eye. I mean,it’s real,though.
肉眼当然看不见它 不过它是真实存在的
It’s just as real and just as solid
它就和手♥机♥信♥号♥♥或者无线电波一样
as a cell phone signal or a radio wave.
都是真实存在的
Right. Well,I don’t know how a cell phone works.
好的 我不知道手♥机♥是怎么工作的
I just know how to use it. So how do we use this?
我只知道怎么用它 我们该怎么用那玩意?
We can look back four and a half days.
我们可以看到四天半以前
And what,we can look anywhere? Limited radius.
然后呢 可以看任何地方? 在有限的半径内
Right,right,right. Looking into the past.
好的 好的 看到过去
In a sense,we’re always looking in the past.
从某种意义来讲 我们始终一直都在看过去
Even light reflected from yourself in the mirror
即便是从你身上反射到镜子的光线
takes some time to reflect back.
也要花一些时间才能反射回来
Let me get this straight.
我还是直接说正题吧
You’re trying to tell me that on the other side of this bridge
你想说的是 在这座桥的另一头
is the actual past? Yes.
是真实的过去? 是
Wow. Yeah. But look,look,look.
是的 不过你要知道
We created this thing by pure accident. All right?
我们造出这个东西纯粹是出于偶然
This space and time… This time window is a complete fluke.
这个空间和时间…这个时间窗口完全是侥幸得到的
All right? And everybody is terrified of screwing with it for fear of losing it
明白吗?所有人都不敢乱动它 因为害怕失去它
or suffering the consequences of God knows what,
或者天知道会有什么后果
which is why it can only be used as a retroactive tool…
所以我们只能把它用作回溯的工具…
Hey,let me ask you something. Is she alive or is she dead?
让我问你一件事 她是活着还是死了?
You went to her funeral,Doug. I know that,
你已经参加过她的葬礼了 道格 我知道
but I think the question still applies.
但我还是觉得这问题是有意义的
Is she alive or is she dead?
她是活着还是死了?
All right. Life,like time and space,
好吧 生命就跟时间和空间一样
is not merely a local phenomenon.
并不仅仅是局部的现象
All right!
拜托!
Am I asking a hard question?
我这个问题很难回答吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!