I don’t know why.
我不知道原因
I’m one of twelve children.
我家有十二个孩子
My mother had to get back to the others.
妈妈要回去照顾其他孩子
My wound became infected.
我的伤口感染了
I developed high fever.
因此发高烧
The clitoris is removed.
阴蒂被割除
And the inner and outer lips of the vulvae are cut away.
大小阴♥唇♥也被割掉
And wound sewed up.
然后伤口被缝合
Only the scaring remains were the genitals once were.
外阴所在的地方 只留下疤痕
The mid-get left a hole size of a match had.
割礼师留下一根火柴那么粗的小孔
I went to back to the rocks once.
我回到过那处石堆所在
Everything was gone.
什么都没有了
It was eaten by the birds.
都给鸟儿吃掉了
So I’m headed home. She shows up out of no where.
我回到家 她不知从什么地方钻出来
She sees my room-mate, freaks out, runs away.
她看到我的室友 就神情慌张地跑掉了
No phone number. No address. She…
没有电♥话♥ 没有地址 她…
I don’t even remember her name.
我连她的名字都不记得了
Sounds like a great story, man. Tom.
说得跟真的一样 汤姆
Will you get some better maganizes man?
有没有好一点的杂♥志♥ 老兄
And I’ve been asking you that since I started coming coming.
从我开始来这家店 就一直这么问
Could someone bring some sugar to the Bronx?
谁给布朗克斯拿点糖过去
And please take to table number six to see what they want.
然后到六号♥台看看客人要什么
This is her. Desert flower. This…
就是她 沙漠之花
This is the girl.
就是那个女孩
This is the girl I’m talking about. This is the girl I just met.
这就是我说的那个女孩 刚遇到的那个
Yeah? What about the other girl in other copy in the other maganize?
是吗 那另一本杂♥志♥的封♥面♥女♥郎♥认识不?
No. I’m serious! Yeah.
没编 我说真的 好吧
UN HEADQUARTER, NEW YORK
纽约 联♥合♥国♥总部
It’s time.
该上台了
Darling.
亲爱的
Waris.
华莉丝
Don’t think about doing your cinderella trick. Because all the exits are covered.
别再玩灰姑娘的把戏 所有出口都封住了
You see?
明白吗
You know, take your time.
你不用急
I mean,
我的意思是
people come half way around the world to hear your speak record.
这些人跑了半个地球 来听你演讲
Madam.
女士
Are you ready? Yes, I’m… yes I’m ready.
准备好了吗 对 我准备好了
I’ve been sat here for… half an hour.
我一直坐在这… 有半个钟头了
What have you been doing there? building a boat something.
你在里面造船还是干什么呢
I’ve been thinking calling security.
我都想着要叫保安了
Security. Is that great? Is that you walking nauzy?
叫保安 主意不错吧 会不会再把你吓跑?
Thinking show me up there or something?
有没有想着也让我亮亮相?
I mean I teach you everything I know.
我把会的都教你了
Do you remember? I missed you.
还记得吗 我想你
I’m happy you’re here.
很高兴你能在这里
Ladies and gentlemen, please take you seats.
女士们 先生们 请就座
Our first speaker today,
今天 我们的第一位发言者
Will be Miss Waris Dirie, from Somalia.
是来自索马里的 华莉丝·迪里耶 小姐
I love my mother.
我爱我的母亲
I love my family.
爱我的家人
And I love Africa.
我爱非洲
For over three thousands years, the family truly believes…
3000多年来 每个家庭都相信
that their daughter who is not circumcised. It’s not clean.
他们的女儿如果不进行割礼 就是不洁
Because what exist between our legs, is unclean.
因为我们双腿之间的东西 是不洁净的
So it must be removed.
所以一定要割除
And sealed up.
并且封起来
As proof of virginity and virtue.
以此来证明贞洁和美德
And in the wedding night,
而在新婚之夜
the husband takes blade or a knife, and cut it open.
新郎用刀片或小刀 把它割开
Before he forces himself into his bride.
这样才可以进入到新娘体内
And an uncircumcised girl can not marry.
而未受割礼的女孩是不能结婚的
Consequently, she’s expel from her village.
并且会因此而被驱逐出村庄
And put on the same level as a whore.
还将被视为妓♥女♥
This practice continues.
即使《可兰经》上都没有规定
Even though it’s not returning to the Coran.
但这种惯例依然在延续
It’s accept that as a result of this neutralization.
接受这种状态的结果
Women are sick, mentally and physically…
是女性无论在心理上 还是生理上
for the rest of their lifes.
都将终生为病痛折磨
The same women, back bone of Africa.
正是这些妇女 支撑起了非洲
I survived. But my two sisters didn’t.
割礼后我活了下来 但我两个姐妹没有
Sophia bled to death after been mutilated.
索菲亚在接受割礼时流血过多而死
And Aamina died in child birth with a baby in her belly.
艾米娜是在分娩时 怀着孩子死去的
How much stronger would our continental be…
如果这毫无意义的仪式早些被废除
if this senseless ritual were abolished.
今天的非洲该是多么的强大
There is a proverb in my country.
在我国有句谚语
The last camel in line works as quick as the first.
驼队中最后一只骆驼跟最前面的那只走得一样快
Whatever happens to the least of us…
不论在少数人身上发生任何事
has effect on all of us.
都会影响到我们所有人
When I was a child…
当我还是个孩子时
I said “I do not want to be a woman”.
我说 我不想做女人
Why when it’s so painful…
为什么做女人要如此痛苦
and so unhappy.
如此不快乐
But now that I’m grown.
现在我已经长大了
I’m proud to be who I am.
我很荣幸能做为一名女性
But for the sick of all of us,
但为所有女性着想
let’s try and change what’s that means.
让我们尝试去改变
To be a woman.
身为一名女性的意义

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!