It’s just temporary. I promise.
一旦孩子们的成绩上去了 我会要求学校给多点扶助
Once the kids’ grades go up, I’ll get a little more help from the school.
而且我得到了员工折扣 是不是很棒
And I get an employee’s discount. Isn’t that great?
-想要台新电视 -是的
-Want a new TV? -Yeah.
“杜兰戈街头”
“他的生命是条死胡同”
对不起 要是我批量订购书本
Excuse me, if I wanted to order any books in bulk,
能给我一些折扣吗
could I get some sort of a discount?
-这些都是崭新的书 -恩
-These books are brand new. -I know.
好了 女士们先生们 听着
Okay, guys, gals. Listen up.
这本书的唯一问题是
The only problem with this book is
有关帮派成员的故事 里面有暴♥力♥故事
it’s about a gang member and there’s violence in it,
所以你们不能把它当作课程来读
so you may not be able to read it as part of the curriculum.
所以我要争取得到允许 知道吗
So, I’m going to try my best to get permission, all right?
要让他们集中精神有点困难
It’s been a little difficult getting their attention.
直到现在 他们除了憎恨彼此外
Up until recently, the only thing
想必我就是他们最恨的了
they hated more than each other was me.
你团结了他们 这是了不起的一步
Well, you united them and that’s a step.
我能为你做什么
What can I do for you?
我想为他们做更多的事 我需要当权者的支持
I want to do more with them, and I need the support of someone in power.
你必须先和你部门领导和校长交涉
You have to take this up with your department head and your principal.
我不能干涉学校内部事务
I can’t get involved in inner school policy.
校长只会听我的部门领导的
My principal only listens to my department head,
而她不是那么支持
And she’s not very supportive.
那你就得找个办法去和她谈
You’ll have to find a way to deal with it.
不 我宁愿与当权者直接谈
No, I’d rather just deal directly with someone in power.
格鲁威尔小姐 我们所执行的系统
Ms. Gruwell, there’s a system in place
是基于多年的教育条件
Based on years of running an educational facility.
-你要遵循这套系统 -不 我不想
-You have to follow that system. -No. I won’t.
听着 我只是做我的本职工作
Look, I’m just trying to do my job here.
资源混合项目的精神是什么
What’s the point of a voluntary integration program
如果孩子们到了高中只有5级的阅读水平
If the kids making it to high school have a 5th grade reading level?
这个项目是我推行的
I enforced that program.
我不是存心冒犯
With all due respect,
这些项目现在所做的只不过是收留这些孩子
All that program is doing is warehousing these kids
等待他们长大并直至消失
Until they’re old enough to disappear.
听着 我很欣赏你的用意
Look, I appreciate your intentions,
但是在班级级别的问题上我做不了什么
But there’s nothing I can do on a class-by-class basis.
柯恩博士 为什么他们要来这里浪费时间
Dr. Cohn, why should they waste their time showing up
当他们知道我们教他们其实是浪费时间
When they know we’re wasting our time teaching them?
我们告诉他们”来上学接受教育”
We tell them, “Go to school. Get an education.”
然后我们说”他们学不了 所以我们不要浪费资源”
And then we say, “Well, they can’t learn, so let’s not waste resources.”
我打算来个旅行
I’m thinking trips.
他们大部分人没有去过长滩以外的地方
Most of them have never been outside of Long Beach.
他们没有这个机会
They haven’t been given the opportunity
去开阔他们对外面世界的想法
To expand their thinking about what’s out there for them.
我知道他们很渴望出去
And they’re hungry for it. I know it.
这意义重大
And it’s purely a reward system.
他们得通过自己的努力才能得到他们想要的
They won’t get anything they haven’t earned
通过完成他们的工作和提高成绩
By doing their work and upping their grades.
坎贝尔夫人不给你书
But if Ms. Campbell won’t give you books
是因为财政约束
Because of budget restrictions,
她不会批准学校旅行
She’s not gonna approve school trips.
我会自己筹钱
I’ll raise the money.
我只想知道我不会受到阻挠
I just need to know I won’t meet resistance.
听着 我不能向他们保证我做不到的事情
See, I can’t promise them anything I can’t deliver.
只能证明他们所相信的
It only proves what they already believe.
我想说的是 根本不需要麻烦坎贝尔夫人
All I’m saying is, Ms. Campbell doesn’t need to be bothered.
你在万豪酒店当接待
You’re a concierge at the Marriott?
只是周末而已
It’s just weekends.
星期六你和埃文去打打网球
You play tennis with Evan on Saturdays.
星期天你和我爸去玩高尔夫
And you can play golf with my dad on Sundays.
你让我去打高尔夫
You want me to play golf?
奖励是我得到了员工优♥惠♥
And the bonus is I get employee rates
在全世界的万豪酒店都能优♥惠♥
On Marriott hotel rooms all over the world.
我听说过身兼数职的
I’ve heard a lot of hyphenates,
但同时做卖♥♥乳罩当教师做招待员 还是第一次碰到
But a bra-selling-English-teacher-hotel-concierge has gotta be a new one.
你告诉过我你的兼♥职♥工作是临时的
You told me your part-time job was temporary.
是临时的 只是我也不知道要多久
It is. I just don’t know for how long.
-如果我说不同意呢 -什么不行
-What if I said no? -No, what?
不行 我不能让你做三份工
No, I don’t want you working three jobs.
-但是我要做到 斯科特 -不 这不是重点
-But I can make it work, Scott. -No, that’s not the point.
我们都知道你可以做到任何事情
You can do anything! We know that already.
只是我…你…
It’s just that I… You…
你没征求过我的意见
You didn’t even ask me.
我只是在尽力做我的工作 斯科特
I’m just trying to do my job, Scott.
多找两份工作也是为了工作
By getting two more jobs?
我不理解 艾林
I don’t understand, Erin.
斯科特 我们有权利追求自己想要的
Scott, this is our time to go after what we want,
在我们年轻的时候 在我们组建一个家庭之前
When we’re young, before we have a family.
也许此时是你回归学校的最佳时刻
Maybe this is the perfect time for you to go back to school,
去获得自己的建筑师学位
Get your architect’s degree.
那不是很棒吗
Wouldn’t that be great?
怎么了
What?
没什么
Nothing.
“您的课外教学活动获准”
我会打电♥话♥告诉你会议地点
So, I’ll call you with a list of venues.
下周我已经安排了一场家长协会董事会议
I’ve scheduled a PTA board meeting for next week.
肯定是没问题的
So, it should be no problem.
-非常感谢 -客气了
-Thank you so much. -You’re welcome.
-很高兴见到你 波拉 -我也是
-Lovely to see you, Paula. -Good to see you, too.
-嗨 -你好
-Hi. -Hello.
贝宁校长在接到学校董事的柯恩博士电♥话♥
Principal Banning received a call from Dr. Cohn at the school board.
显然你想把你的学生们带去旅行
Apparently you’re taking your students on a trip?
是的 但是在周末期间 所以不会影响任何考试安排
Yes, but it’s over the weekend, so it won’t affect any test schedules.
我知道你很忙
I know how busy you are,
因为我是自己筹经费 所以我不想打扰你
And since I’m paying for it myself, I didn’t want to bother you.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
哦 不 不 不 艾林
Oh, no. No, no, no. Erin?
-回到车上去 -爸 他就住这里
-Get back in the car. -Dad, he lives right here.
我去叫他 回到车上去把车门锁好
I’ll get him. Get back in the car and lock your door.
-他叫什么名字 -安德烈·布赖恩特
-What’s his name? -Andre Bryant.
安德烈
Andre.
自从我父母离异
Since my pop split,
我妈都不看我一眼 因为我长得像我爸
my mom can’t even look at me, ’cause I look like my dad.
我兄弟蹲了监狱
And with my brother in jail,
她看着我 认为我也会是如此收场
she looks at me and thinks that’s where I’m going, too.
她不会看我
She doesn’t see me.
她根本不会看我一眼
She doesn’t see me at all.
我出去了
I’m going out.
-怎么了 -嘿
-What up? -Hey.
你去哪里 我需要你
Where you going? I need you.
不 伙计 现在不行 我有事情要做
No, man, I can’t now. I got something to do.
今天晚上吧 我今天晚上走
Tonight. I’ll do it tonight.
我有事情 我不能带着那东西满街跑
I gotta go do something, and I can’t carry that around with me.
算了 伙计 我找别人
Forget it, man, I’ll get somebody else.
我不能整天都等你
I can’t be waiting all day on you.

Hey.
你兄弟的事我很抱歉 我听说他被判无期
Sorry about your brother, man. I hear he going away for life.
他们不懂 和他一起的那家伙招了
They won’t get it. The guy he was with confessed.
向谁招了 你兄弟
To who? Your brother?
嘿 你是安德烈吗
Hey. You Andre?
-怎么了 -嘿
-What up? -Hey.
-什么 -把安全带系上
-What? -Put on your seat belt.
还有你女士
You, too, young lady.
你们这些孩子以前去过新港滩
You kids ever been to Newport Beach before?
什么 去年我们去巴黎的时候去过
What? We went there last year on our way to Paris.
巴黎
Paris.
很不错
It’s good.
我给你带来一样东西
I brought you something.
是本好书 我在学校里读过
It’s a good book. I read it in school.
是关于帮派孩子 我想你可能会喜欢
It’s about a gang kid, and I thought you might like to read it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!