别擦 孩子
No, son. Never.
血要留在刀刃上
The blood stays on the blade.
总有一天你会明白的
One day you’ll understand.
关于往事我只剩一半记忆
Some of it I half remember.
其余的…
And the rest…
其余的从梦里得来
The rest I took from dreams.
圣米歇尔 总领天使在战斗中保佑我们
St. Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle.
是我们的守护神…
Be our protector against the snares…
帮助我们对抗魔鬼的邪恶和陷阱
…and the wickedness of the devil.
好了 孩子 那是谁?
Now, son, who’s that?
圣米歇尔 上面是谁?
-St. Michael. -Who is it?
-圣米歇尔 -他的使命?
-St. Michael! -And what did he do?
他把撒旦逐出天堂
He cast Satan out of paradise.
好孩子
Good boy.
主将圣灵的力量注入你们的脊梁…
May God put the steel of the Holy Spirit in your spine…
…将圣母的爱放入你们的心中
…and the love of the Blessed Virgin in your heart.
-哥们 -约翰尼
-Hey, boyo! -Johnny.
-哪几方交战? -本地帮对死兔帮
-What’s the battle? – Natives against the Dead Rabbits.
-你是哪边的? -你说呢?当然是死兔帮
– Which are you? – What do you think? Dead Rabbits.
蒙克…
Well, well, Monk.
你是否随我们去?
Are you with us or not?
最后一次了 瓦伦如果开价合理我就去
For the last time, Vallon, I’m with you if the money is right.
每条刀痕10元
I’ll give you 10 per notch.
-10元? -我说话算数
-Ten? -You have my word.
-每条刀痕10元? -新的才算数
-Ten per notch? -Per new notch.
我为你们效力
Then I’m your man.
就这么些人?牧师? 教皇陛下的新人马?
Is this it, Priest? The pope’s new army?
几条莽汉和贱民?
A few crusty bitches and a handful of ragtags?
比尔 你说过这是勇者之战
Now, now, Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors…
…可不是泼妇骂街
…not a bunch of Miss Nancys.
所以我只把战士带来了
So warriors is what I brought.
奥康尔卫士帮
The O’Connell Guard.
搅屎棍帮
The Plug Uglies.
屁帘帮
The Shirt Tails.
齐切斯特帮
The Chichesters.
四十大盗帮
The forty Thieves.
我发出挑战…
On my challenge…
…依据决斗的老规矩
…by the ancient laws of combat, we have met at this chosen ground…
…我们选择在此决斗…
…to settle, for good and all…
…以决定哪方永久持有五点区的控制权
…who holds sway over the Five Points:
决定这块乐土是归于土生土长的地头蛇
Us Natives, born right-wise to this fine land…
…还是沦落于外国蛮子控制之下
…or the foreign hordes defiling it.
依据决斗的老规矩 我接受所谓本地帮的挑战
By the ancient laws of combat, I accept the challenge of the so-called Natives.
你们常陷我们于水火之中
You plague our people at every turn.
从今天起 你们无法再欺凌我们
But from this day out, you shall plague us no more.
我们要让大家知道 想把我们推出这片土地的手…
For let it be known that the hand that tries to strike us from this land…
…理应一刀砍去
…shall be swiftly cut down.
让基♥督♥教♥徒♥藉主的指引
Then may the Christian Lord guide my hand…
…对抗你们这帮天主教♥徒♥
…against your Roman popery!
准备迎纳真正的主吧
Prepare to receive the true Lord!
牧师
Priest!
看着我
Look to me.
谁倒在我的刀下?
Who is this under my knife?
爸爸 起来 起来
Father, get up. Get up!
你在哪? 你在哪?
Where are you? Where are you?
我的孩子
Oh, my son.
别把脸转过去
Don’t never look away.
很快就结束了 牧师
Soon be over, Priest.
了结我吧
Finish it.
了结我吧
You may need this across the river.
可以割下鼻子耳朵作为今天的战利品
Ears and noses will be the trophies of the day.
但此人谁也不许碰
But no hand shall touch him!
谁也不许碰他
No hand shall touch him!
他死得…
He’ll cross over whole…
…有尊严
…in honor.
先让我拿走他欠我的钱
Not before I get what’s owed.
别动
No!
很公平 虽然不是很得体 但很公平
It’s fair. A touch indelicate, but fair.
我深表同情
My sympathies.
怎么处理这小子?
What will we do with the boy?
看着我
Look at me.
把他交给警♥察♥
Give him to the law.
他能受到好的教育
See he gets a good education.
小子 和你♥爸♥爸道别吧
Okay, boy, say goodbye to your father.
-抓住他 -抓住他
-Get him! -Get him!
别让他跑了
Don’t let him get away.
快点 来这
Hurry, come in here!
他跑到下面去了
He’s going downstairs.
过来 小子
Come here, boy.
-你跑不了了 小子 -他在这 抓住他
-You’re going to Hellgate, son. -There he is. Get him.
牧师瓦伦死的光荣
– Priest Vallon died a noble death… – Let go of me!
他的死兔帮也寿终正寝了
…but his Dead Rabbits is done and outlawed!
从今往后谁也不许提到这些名字
Let no one even speak their name from this time on.
在这个地方 在这个地方
In this place, you have grown from a boy into a man.
要摒弃你过去种种罪孽 无仁 无义
Put to death the earthly things in you: Immorality, impurity…
冲动 报复欲
…passion, vengeance.
主已经宽恕了你
The Lord has forgiven you.
你也必须宽恕自己
You also must forgive.
你要前往一个因暴♥力♥争斗而四分五裂的地区(罪人之路艰难困苦)
You go forth to a country torn apart by civil strife.
谢谢您 牧师
Thank you, Reverend.
为未竟之事业尽一份力
Lend your hand to the work that yet remains…
…希望纷争可以结束…
…that this war may end…
…给人类带来巨大灾难的奴隶制度…
…and the plague of slavery that brought this conflagration…
…在地球上消失无踪
…down upon us vanish forever from the earth.
南北战争的第二年
In the second year of the Civil War…
…正是爱尔兰人上街游♥行♥的时候…
…when the Irish Brigade marched in the streets…
…纽约是个族裔众多…
…New York was a city full of tribes…
…军官林立 贫富纷杂的都市
…war chiefs, rich and poor.
-打倒林肯 -林肯想把所有白人变成奴隶
-Down with Lincoln! – Lincoln will make all white men slaves.
这真算不上是一个城市
It wasn ‘t a city really.
更象是一个大熔炉 也许某天能融会锻造出一个城市来
It was more a furnace where a city someday might be forged.
就是这样 小伙子们
That’s the spirit, boys.
快为你们的黑鬼朋友送命去吧 打倒废奴者
– Go off and die for your blackie friends. – Down with the abolitionists!
我们得找机会选出一个更强有力的人物来对抗林肯
We shoule run a better man against Lincoln when we had the chance.
纽约要脱离联邦
New York should secede from the Union!
他想尽力表明我们和黑鬼们没区别?
They trying to say we’re no different than niggers?
当然有区别 -晚上好 兄弟 -上帝拯救联邦
You ain’t. Good evening, brother.
-上帝拯救联邦 这就是联邦
-Praise the Union. – The Union forever!
滚回非洲去 黑鬼
Go back to Africa, nigger!
滚回非洲去 -放开他 我们自♥由♥了
-Go back to Africa! -Leave him alone. We’re free.
最引起公愤的是新征兵法
The angriest talk was of the new Conscription Act…
联邦史上头号♥征兵法
…the first draft in Union history.
参军吧 小伙子 一天三餐 待遇优厚
Join the Army, lads. Three square meals a day and good pay in your pocket.
爱尔兰人来的时候 这个城市一片狂热
When the Irish came, the city was in a fever.
自本土发生大饥荒以来 爱尔兰人乘船如潮水般涌至
Since the time of the great famine, they’d come streaming off the boats.
他们受到了热烈的欢迎
And they got a right warm welcome.
-滚回家去 爱尔兰傻瓜 -记住了 死鬼爱尔兰人
-Go back to Ireland, you dumb micks! -Remember that, you Irish gyps!
滚回船上去
Get back on the boat, Paddy!
我来自船程仅两小时的地狱门
I only came two hours downriver from Hellgate.
可别人把我当成外来移♥民♥
But they all took me for an immigrant.
为什么不呢? 纽约本地就有上千种口音
Why not? There were a thousand different accents in New York.
我和移♥民♥也没不同
And to the Natives, you see, we was all the same.
欢迎来到美国 孩子 漫长艰巨的旅途结束了
Welcome to America, son. Your long, arduous journey is over.
-滚回你的国家去 -投坦慕尼一票
-Go back to your own country! -Vote Tammany!
纽约对威廉.特威德既爱且恨
New York loved William Tweed and hated him.
我们这些想作小偷的人 忍♥不住对他肃然起敬
And those of us trying to be thieves, well, we couldn ‘t help but admire him.
卡丁先生 先生们 多谢光临 非常荣幸
Mr. Cutting, gentlemen, thank you for coming. It’s an honor.
特威德先生
Mr. Tweed.
先生 请别这样
Sir, please. Excuse me.
-你吓着它们了 -那怎么了?
-I think you’re frightening them. -So?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!