If you can’t laugh at yourself, life’s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you’d like.
好吧,你取笑自己什么?
All right, so what are we laughing at you about?
嗯,我又说谎了
Mm. I lied again.
– 我有癫痫 – 有什么好笑的?
– I have epilepsy. – Which part are we laughing about?
我,呃…
I, um…
我在工作的律师事务所癫痫发作
I had a seizure at the law office where I work.
他们告诉我除非我保了预防险 他们无法给我提供医疗保险
And they told me their insurance wouldn’t cover me unless I wore preventative covering.
– 预防险是什么? – 就是我戴的头盔
– What’s preventative covering? – The helmet I was wearing.
哦,拜托!
Oh, come on! [Laughing]
真的很有趣的
That’s funny. That’s really funny.
我是说我是唯一工作时候戴头盔的人 …
I mean, I’m the only person who wears a helmet to work…
而我既不是消防队员,也不是赛车手
who isn’t, like, putting out fires, or, like, racing for NASCAR.
你会怎么做?我不能辞职,他们的保险很有吸引力
Well, what do you do? I mean, I can’t quit. Their insurance is amazing.
你会怎么做,你会笑
What do you do? You laugh, you know?
我不是说我不会哭,只是我也会笑
I’m not saying I don’t cry. But in-between, I laugh.
我认识到过于认真是多么愚蠢
And I realize how silly it is to take anything too seriously.
我很想好好哭一场
Plus, I look forward to a good cry.
感觉非常好
Feels pretty good.
我长大后就没有哭过了
I haven’t cried since I was a little kid.
我妈妈的婚礼我也没有哭,我试过的
I didn’t cry at my mother’s funeral. I tried, you know?
我去想最悲伤的事情
I thought of all the saddest things I could think of.
电影里的…
Like, things in movies, this…
《生活》杂♥志♥里面那些让我难忘的图片
There’s this image from Life magazine that’s always haunted me.
我集中精力
I just focused in on it, you know?
可没有效果
But nothing came.
实际上,我如此麻木…
That actually made me sadder than anything…
才是让我感到最难过的事情
the fact that I just felt so numb.
– 你什么意思? – 只是…
– What do you mean? – Just that…
嘿,婊♥子♥
Hey, Vagina!
嘿,你们好? 呃, 萨曼莎, 这是马克, 戴夫还有杰西,这个你认识的
Hey, what’s up, guys? Uh, Sam, that’s Mark, Dave and you rememberJesse.
– 嘿 – 你好?
– Hey. – What’s up?
很高兴认识你,抱歉,我刚才说粗话了
Hey, nice to meet you. I’m sorry I said “vagina”just now.
– 我不知道你在这儿 – 没关系
– I didn’t know you were here. – Oh, that’s okay.
那我们去玩吧
– Nice. Let’s get fucked up. – [Chuckles]
1, 2, 3!
[Together] One, two, three! Whoo!
– 你怎么了? – 拉奇曼, 快下来啊!
– What are you doing? – [Dave] Largeman, get the fuck in the pool!
不冷的
– It’s so warm! – [Laughing]
你不会游泳?
Can’t you swim?
我当然会的
Of course I can swim.
兄弟,你还是待在上面吧,我可不会人工呼吸
Dude, maybe you should stay on the steps. I don’t know C.P.R.
他看起来像个旱鸭子
– You look like a wet beaver. – [Laughing]
[Chattering]
有些正常孩子做的事情,我很怀念
[Andrew] There’s a handful of normal kid things I kind of missed.
有些正常孩子做的事情,我希望我能怀念
[Sam] There’s a handful of normal kid things I kind of wish I’d missed.
当你认识到你长大的那个房♥子 不再是你真正的家的时候…
You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in…
你就明白了生活的意义
isn’t really your home anymore.
突然间,家的概念就没有了…
All of a sudden, even though you have some place where you put your shit…
虽然你还有个地方放东西
that idea of home is gone.
我还是觉得我的屋子像是个家
[Sam] I still feel at home in my house.
当你搬出去的那天,你就会明白了 会有这么一天,就这样没有了
[Andrew] You’ll see one day when you move out. Just sorta happens one day, and it’s gone.
你会觉得你永远都无法挽回了
You feel like you can never get it back.
就像是,你时刻想念的那个家根本就不存在
It’s like you feel homesick for a place that doesn’t even exist.
也许这就是一个成长的过程吧
Maybe it’s like this rite of passage, you know?
直到你重新构建一个家庭 你才会重拾那种感觉
You won’t ever have that feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself.
是对你的孩子,对你所建立的这个家庭
You know, for… For your kids. For the family you start.
像是种轮回
It’s like a cycle or something.
我很怀念这种感觉
I don’t know. But I miss the idea of it, you know?
也许家庭的真谛就在此
Maybe that’s all family really is.
一群人想念着一个虚构的地方
A group of people that miss the same imaginary place.
[Laughing, Whooping]
[Splashing]
也许
Maybe.
怎么没有家具?
[Mark] How about some fuckin’ furniture, dude?
我买♥♥了张椅子,但我不喜欢
[Jesse] I bought a chair, but I didn’t like it.
– 在哪儿年? – 正给我们取暖呢
– [Sam] Where is it? – It’s keeping us warm.
[All Chuckling]
无声褡扣
– [Sizzles] – Silent Velcro.
你这个幸运的混♥蛋♥
– You lucky motherfucker. – [Chuckling]
我感觉如果我在学校里提出 无声褡扣这个想法…
I feel like if I had showed up at school and presented the idea of silent Velcro…
他们早就把我送走了
they would have sent me away a whole lot sooner.
– 为什么要送你走? – 听她说的
– Why did they send you away? – Oh. Listen to this girl.
– 他们不是”送我走” – 你刚才说是”送你走”
– They didn’t “send me away.” – You just said they sent you away.
我是说他们送我去寄宿学校
I mean, they sent me away. They sent me to boarding school.
“送我走”听起来像送到精神病院什么的
“Sent me away” sounds like I went to some asylum or something.
– 寄宿学校没有人会捆你的 – 为什么要送你去寄宿学校?
– There were no straps involved. – Why did they send you to boarding school?
那是因为…
They sent me to boarding school because…
他们会认为我是危险人物
they thought I might be dangerous.
你一定想逃到门外面去,好吧
“Oh, are you freaked out? You’re like running for the door.
– 去吧,没什么尴尬的” – 这并不好笑
– You can go. It’s okay. Don’t feel bad.” – That’s really funny.
很好笑
– [Chuckling] – It’s really funny.
他们为什么认为你是危险人物?
Why would they think you’d be dangerous?
你怎么跟侦探一样啊
You’re like a little detective.
– 想知道? – 嗯
– Want to know? – Yeah.
你是个同性恋
– You’re gay. – [Laughing]
不,摔跤
No. Drumroll.
是我害我妈妈坐轮椅的
I was the reason she was in a wheelchair.
我推她的
I pushed her.
所以才这样
So there that is.
– 闭嘴! – 扯淡
– Shut up! – Fuck off.
– 不,是真的 – 为什么?
– No. That’s the truth. – Why?
只是个诡异的事故
It was just a complete freak accident, you know?
就象那种在你脑海里回放了上百万次…
It’s one of those things you replay a million times in your head…
你一眼就能看明白的事情
and you see how clearly it was just a complete freak thing.
从我记事起,她经常无缘无故情绪低落
My-My whole life, she was depressed for no reason.
有一天…
And… one day, you know…
那时我还是个小孩子,才9岁…
I was a little kid. I was nine years old…
我很恨他这一点
and I just hated her for that.
所以… 我推了她
And… I pushed her.
我是无心的,我当时很不开心
And it was innocent. I was just completely frustrated.
– 因为… – 因为你不能让她快乐?
– ‘Cause… – ‘Cause you couldn’t make her happy?
妈的,该死,如果是在其他时候…
Yeah! Fuck, yeah! And any other time, you know…
其他日子,她也许会大声呵斥我 赶我回房♥间
any other day, she would havejust yelled at me and sent me to my room.
但那一天…
But this day…
就那天…
on this particular day…
洗碟机的门正好开着…
the door of the dishwasher…
上面的插销坏掉了
had fallen open… the latch on it was broken.
它就这么随意开着
And it would just randomly fall open.
那该死的插销
That fuckin’ latch, you know.
我的命运居然受到一个1/4英寸的 塑料玩意儿如此大的影响,真是不可思议
It’s really amazing how much of my life has been determined by a quarter-inch piece of plastic.
但…
But…
她绊到了那个门…
So, anyway, she, uh… she fell back over the door…
脖子撞到了厨房♥的操作台 腰以下就瘫痪了
and, uh, hit her neck on the kitchen counter, paralyzing her from the waist down.
还要跟我比谁的家庭更不幸吗?
– Wow. – Still want to compare fucked-up families?
但你妈妈在你离开之前很久就已经瘫痪了
But your mom was in the wheelchair long before you left.
是的,那时候我9岁
Yeah. Well, I was nine.
他们送我去治疗,给我服药…
So they sent me to therapy and put me on these drugs…
要帮我”控制我的情绪”
that were supposed to “curb my anger,”
从此我就离不开药了
and I’ve been on some form of them ever since.
我16岁的时候,我那个精神科医生 的爸爸得出一个结论…
And when I was 16, my psychiatrist dad came around to the conclusion that…
也许是我的环境不适合我成长…
it probably wasn’t the best environment for me to be growing up in, so…
他就送我去了寄宿学校
he sent me to boarding school.
– 从那以后,我就没回过家 – 直到这次回来
– And I haven’t been home since. – Until now.
– 参加葬礼 – 直到这次回来参加她的葬礼
– For her funeral. – Till now for her funeral.
没想到那个弱智的四分位还是个药罐子
[Jesse] I can’t believe the retarded quarterback’s a pill-popper.
[All Chuckling]
杰西?
– [Laughing] – [Woman]Jesse?
桑拿间在什么地方?
Where’s the sauna?
– 我带她去 – 不,我去吧
– I’ll show her. – No, I got it.
– 不,你去给她拿毛巾 – 等等
– No, you get her a towel. – Wait. Wait.
送你一程?
[Mark] Want a ride, sweetheart?
[Giggling, Screaming]
[Chuckling]
你又钻牛角尖了?
You’re in it right now, aren’t you?
– 什么意思? – 我妈妈常说,当她看到我…
– What do you mean? – My mom always says that when she can see…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!