今年是主历1997年
It is the year of our Lord 1997,
一个繁荣的时代
an age of prosperity.
上帝造物的宏伟 地球赐予的恩惠
The magnificence of God’s creation, the bounty of this Earth,
现代生活的奇迹
the miracle of modern life
从未如此绚烂地展现在我们眼前
have never been so resplendent to our eyes.
但对我们有些人来说
Yet for some of us,
美国梦
the American dream,
我们人♥民♥的非凡希冀 却仍然遥不可及
the singular hope of our people, remains ever out of reach.
-阿门 说得对 牧师 -太对了
– Amen! That’s right, Preacher! – Yes, sir!
尽管我们可能会愤懑不平
And though we may feel embittered,
甚至想斥责上帝对我们不公…
want to rail at injustice, even in our God…
1997年 肯塔基州 杰克逊
或许有人会对我们的信仰嗤之以鼻
And though others may scorn our beliefs,
我们也要坚守信仰 不仅是相信上帝
let us hold faith not only in that God,
更要相信我们自己 相信我们的品格
but in ourselves and our character.
-说得好 阿门 -阿门
– Yes! Amen! – Amen!
我们能够崛起 能够飞翔
Our ability to rise, yea, to fly,
就算这次腾飞需要几代人铸就
be this flight generations in the making,
就算它迟迟未到约束了我们的信念
be it delayed so long our faith is bound.
让那信念永远不灭
Let that faith never be broken.
-是 天父 -阿门
– Yes, Father God! – Amen!
在全世界的家庭分崩离析之际
At a time when families across the world are falling apart…
-你要去哪儿 JD -游泳坑
– Where are you going, J.D.? – Swim hole!
别被水腹蛇给咬了
Don’t get bit by a cottonmouth.
当有人问起我是哪里人
When people ask where I’m from,
我会说俄亥俄州 因为我大半辈子都住在那里
I say Ohio ’cause that’s where I lived most of my life,
但那只是我人生故事的一部分
but that’s only part of my story.
如果问起我在哪里感觉最自在
Ask me where I feel most at home,
一定是山地之乡 肯塔基州的杰克逊
that’s the hill country, Jackson, Kentucky.
在这片山谷里 我度过了每个夏天
Down those hollers is where I spent every summer.
这绝对是我童年生活最美好的时光
Hands down the best part of my childhood.
这里才是我的老家
It’s where my people come from.
你手上拿着的是什么
What you got there?
一只乌龟 看见没
It’s a…It’s a turtle. See?
-壳碎了 扯掉吧 -不
– Shell’s cracked. Pull it off. – No.
没壳它就活不成了
It can’t live without his shell.
胸腔是和甲壳连在一起的
Ribcage is fused to the carapace.
扔了它 看你能抛多远
Chuck it. See how far you can throw it.
不行 它们有自愈能力 好吗
No. No, they can heal, okay?
随你便
Whatever.
-怎么没人收拾行李 -我收好了
– Why isn’t anybody packed? – I am.
我跟凯文说了 我们会1点到家
I told Kevin we’d be home by 1:00.
老太太 你收拾好了吗
Hey, old woman. You packed?
急什么 贝弗 有火♥辣♥约会吗
What’s your rush, Bev? Got a hot date?
是啊 我跟不想无聊到死有个火♥辣♥约会
Yeah, got a hot date with not being bored off my ass.
我下次要带奇普来
Next time I’ll bring Chip.
不行 我们这不需要那种闹剧
No, you ain’t. We don’t need that drama here.
去拿你的东西吧
Just get your stuff!
去你的 我什么时候准备好了才走
Perch and swivel. I’ll go when I’m ready.
-真行 妈 -看好了
– Real nice, Mom. – Fire in the hole!
太棒了
Yeah!
-你弟弟呢 -他骑车出去了
– Where’s your brother at? – He rode off.
你就不能看好他哪怕两秒钟吗
You couldn’t keep an eye on him for two seconds?
-对 压着他 -他要起来了
– Yeah, get him! – Hey! He’s coming up!
-回你的俄亥俄去吧 小子 -别让他起来
– Go back to Ohio, boy! – Keep him under!
娘炮
Pussy!
滚吧
Get outta here.
在杰克逊 麻烦可能会突然降临
Things could get tough down in Jackson in a heartbeat,
但外公外婆教会我 绝不要主动挑架
but Mamaw and Papaw taught me that you never start a fight.
但要是有人先动手 你就一定要了结它
But if someone starts one with you, make damn sure you end it.
爬回你妈妈那去吧 娘炮
Crawl on back to your mama, pussy.
告诉她我今晚会去找她
Tell her I’ll be over tonight.
-他过来了 -就这样 戴恩 小流氓
– Here he comes! – Yeah, Dane! Punk!
如果你不能了结 你的家人会永远为你撑腰
If you can’t end it, your people will always have your back.
放开他
Get off him!
这是我们的规矩 对我而言 规矩就是一切
And that was our code, and to me, our code was everything.
-放开他 -你们以为自己在做什么呢
– Get off him! – What the hell you think you’re doing?
小兔崽子
You son of a bitch.
我要一脚捅烂你的屁♥眼♥
I oughta put my foot up your ass so far,
让你得十年的痔疮
you gonna have hemorrhoids for ten years.
-你是休·麦考的儿子吗 -吃屎去吧 老东西
– You Hugh McCall’s boy? – Eat shit, old man.
赶紧给我滚 不然我就叫你爹来
Get your ass outta here before I call your pa.
怪胎
Freak.
走吧 JD
Come on, J.D.
你怎么了
What happened to you?
他想跟人打架来着
Well, he tried to get hisself into a fight.
有那么多逃避回家的蠢办法 你居然选这个
Of all the lamebrain ways to get out of going home?
-谁干的 我要杀了他 -妈妈 别这样
– Who did that? I’ll kill him. – Mom, come on.
我要杀了他 说个名字 快点
I’ll kill him. Give me a name. C’mon.
休·麦考的儿子 还有另外两个小王八蛋
Hugh McCall’s boy and a couple other little assholes.
那个麦考家的小子蠢得要死
That McCall boy had an idea, it’d die of loneliness.
-能拿点冰来吗 -好
– Will you get him some ice? – Yup!
你有没有告诉那几个小畜生
Did you tell them dickhead bastards
他们三个加起来都抵不上一个万斯家的
the three of them ain’t worth one Vance?
-他当然说了 -乖
– Of course he did! Yeah. – Good boy.
-好了 -都会好起来的
– All right. – It’ll be all right.
-你没事吧 -我没事 妈妈
– Are you all right? – I’m all right, Mom.
-你确定吗 -嗯
– Are you sure? – Yeah.
去拿你的东西
Get your things!
还有擦干身子
And dry off!
我才不要坐在落汤鸡旁边三个小时
I ain’t sitting next to that for three hours!
反正再过45分钟你就会饿肚子了
You know you gonna be starving in 45 minutes anyway.
出发之前要拍全家福 贝弗 过来
Let’s get the family picture ‘fore we go. Bev, get over here.
老天啊 我们能在中午前上路吗
God forbid, we get on the road before noon.
在哪拍
Where are we gonna do it?
那边 洛瑞 站在你姐姐旁边
Just over there. Lori, stand by your sister.
所有姊妹都站在一起
I want get the sisters together.
大家伙都看相机 快点
Everybody, look at the camera. C’mon.
好了 我们走
C’mon, let’s go.
我已经受够肯塔基了
I’ve had about all the Kentucky I can take.
再见 爸爸 爱你
Bye, Daddy. Love you!
-再见 -下次见
– Bye-bye. – See you soon.
外婆 我们为什么不能待久一点
Mamaw, Why can’t we stay longer?
我们总是第一批走的
We’re always the first ones to leave.
我搞不懂你为什么最开始要离开杰克逊
I don’t get why you ever left Jackson in the first place.
因为当你十三岁早孕
‘Cause when you’re knocked up at 13,
就会想马上离开这个是非之地
you get the hell out of Dodge. That’s why.
我还小的时候 想不明白其中的原因
When I was a kid, I couldn’t make sense of it.
相象外婆在差不多我这么大的时候
Imagining Mamaw at almost my same age
大着肚子 逃离她所熟知的一切
just running, pregnant, from everything she knew,
逃离她的每一个家人
every scrap of family she had.
我好像是碰巧发现了什么
I felt like I’d stumbled onto something.
一块拼图 一个问题的答案
A puzzle piece, an answer to a question
我几乎都没有问过关于我们家族
I had barely begun to ask about our family
绝望者之歌♥
俄亥俄州 米德尔顿
谢天谢地 回到了文明社会
Thank God. Back to civilization.
凯文来了
Kevin’s here.
-JD 把我的东西拿出来 -不
– J.D., get my stuff. – No.
我是不会把米德尔顿称作文明社会
I wouldn’t call Middletown civilization.
凯文
Kevin!
这不是我的小家伙嘛
Aw, now, there’s my little buddy.
贝弗 分点肋排给我
Bev, give me some of them ribs.
他那没用的妈妈躲在窗帘后面
His no-good mother behind the curtains.
我不想浪费哪怕一点精力理会她
Wouldn’t spit on her ass if her guts were on fire.
给你 小家伙 拿好
Here ya go, little buddy. Here.
好了 你带回家去
All right. You take that home.
-这才对 -谢谢
– All right. – Thank you.
不用谢 好了
You’re welcome. All right.
我们走
Let’s go!
我要回我家去了 明天见
I’m gonna head on down to my place. See ya tomorrow.
-你们都晚安 -晚安 外婆

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!