比如绿色的豆子
My cousin Luke works for the organization nvironmental organization Greenpeace…
我表哥在绿色和平保育组织工作
and they like to save the whales.
他们要救鲸鱼,我喜欢鲸鱼
I like whales. “Moby Dick” was one of my all time favorite classics…
我喜欢“大白鲸”
by Herman Melville.
作者是梅尔维尔
Wait. Why are you recording this?
等一下,干嘛录音?
It’s often necessary
这是必要…
You didn’t say anything about a tape recorder.
你没说要录音,给谁听的?
Who’s listening? Me.
我啊
What is that supposed to mean?
什么意思?
Nothing.
没有啊
Who are you really?
你到底是谁?
I need to speak to my lawyer now.
我要找我的律师
I don’t think you realize what you’re up against.
你好像不知道有多困难
We have to be in court in three days… and we don’t have a decent witness.
三天后要开庭,却没像样的证人
Now, you’ve got to know someone who can testify…
一定有人可以作证,念过大学
who’s been to college… or has a degree of some kind…
或是拥有学位
or has some way of expressing themselves…
或是可以表达自如
that will make the court believe you deserve…
让法官相信你有能力养育女儿
Tall is the smallest.
“大杯”是最小的
Yeah, of course.
好啦
Once you think of this person… and there has to be one person,
只要你想起这样的人…一定有
call me at work.
就打电♥话♥到办公室找我
Because I’m going back there now… to my seven other cases.
我还得回去处理另外七件案子
What?
干嘛?
I…
我替她点,她在赶时间
Mrs. Robeck.
罗贝太太?
I’m on the 405.
我在高速公路上塞车
Dorothy?
桃乐丝?
Oh, no. No.
桃乐丝?
Tow truck is towing your car.
你的车被拖吊了
Son of a bitch.
可恶!
It’s towing your car.
你的车被拖吊了
No, wait!
等一下!
Stop! It’s my car. Stop.
停!那是我的车!
But, Annie, it’s just one day.
安妮,一天就好
And Lucy needs you because you went to college…
露西需要你,你念过大学
and you can give the right answers.
你知道该怎么回答问题
And we can’t lose her.
我们不能失去她
I’d make it worse for you.
我会把事情搞砸
I can’t do it.
我办不到
Don’t you think I would if I could?
若办得到我会不答应吗?
(释放露西道森)
All rise for the Honorable Judge Phillip McNeilly.
请起立向菲力普麦尼利法官致敬
Hi, guys.
大家好
Hi, Sam.
嗨,山姆
Boy, you did a wonderful job making those signs.
那些标语做得很好
You’re welcome, Sam.
别客气
Good luck, buddy.
谢谢你们
Go get ’em.
给他们好看
Although, at her birthday party…
但在庆生会上
I believe her true feelings about her father were revealed.
她对父亲的真实感情表露无遗
Objection. “True feelings revealed”?
抗♥议♥,真实感情表露无遗?
Your Honor, Ms. Davis is an expert… appointed by the court for her opinion.
戴维斯小姐是法庭指派的专家
I’ll allow it.
抗♥议♥驳回
Then every child who rages… because they didn’t get to stay up…
那么因为不准熬夜看电视
that extra hour to watch TV
而发脾气的每个小孩…
Any child who said they hated their parents…
抗♥议♥
because they didn’t want a bath…
因为不想洗澡而恨父母的小孩
would be a prime candidate for foster care?
都要接受寄养吗?
Objection, Your Honor.
抗♥议♥
Sustained.
抗♥议♥成立
I think they want you to stop.
他们叫你别说了
Really?
是吗?
Yes
对啊
Thank you, Sam.
谢谢你,山姆
Yeah
不客气
Yeah, OK. Brad’s wearing a tie today…
布雷今天打了领带
and I think the tie looks wonderful on you, Brad.
我觉得很好看,布雷
You look great, too.
你也很帅
There’s a lady she’s writing everything down.
有位女士在作记录
Watch what you say.
说话要小心
I have the best friends in the whole world.
他们都是我的好朋友
Continue with your witness, Mr. Turner.
继续发问吧,泰纳先生
Ms. Davis, I assume in your therapy session…
戴维斯小姐,在心理咨商时
that Mr. Dawson extolled his parenting ability.
道森先生应该自夸是个好父亲吧
On the contrary.
恰巧相反
Mr. Dawson admitted he felt very confused at times.
道森先生承认他有时觉得很困惑
Actually, that he felt terrified… that he’d made and would continue to make
其实他很害怕自己经常会…
and I can quote here
我可以引用他的话
Huge mistakes, huge mistakes… “mistakes that are huge.”
“害怕会犯错,天大的错误””
Thank you.
谢谢你,没别的问题了
No further questions.
你是为人母亲吧?
Would it be fair to say that…
能不能这么说?
as a parent, you’ve been confused from time to time…
身为母亲,你时常觉得困惑
possibly overwhelmed on occasion…
就算是好母亲可能也会手足无措
even though you’re a wonderful mother?
抗♥议♥
If Ms. Davis has never had a moment… where she’s been confused as a mother…
若戴维斯小姐尽母职时不曾困惑
it would bias her expert opinion.
那就会有偏见
Objection.
抗♥议♥
I know that I have many moments as a parent…
抗♥议♥驳回
where I felt I’ve made huge mistakes.
我身为母亲经常觉得自己犯了错
Objection.
抗♥议♥,这种说法…
Get to the relevant point, Ms. Harrison.
说重点,哈里逊小姐
The point is, you’ve never had those moments…
戴维斯小姐,你不曾觉得困惑?
Moments where the task is so unbelievably challenging…
有时会为难到觉得自己很智障
that you feel retarded…
仿佛心智障碍
disabled in some way. Moments where everyone seems to have the key but you.
好像只有你不知所措
Really, to be honest
坦白说…
Yes or no? Please answer the question.
是或不是,请回答问题
I didn’t really feel right now
我不觉得…
Let me rephrase the question.
我再问一次,令郎吸毒过量时…
When your son O.D.’d Objection.
抗♥议♥
If Ms. Davis didn’t feel she had made mistakes…
若戴维斯小姐不自觉犯过大错
mistakes that were huge… it might bias her opinion toward Mr. Dawson.
对道森先生就会有偏见
I’ll allow it.
抗♥议♥驳回
Ms. Davis, when your son O.D.’d…
令郎吸毒过量时
did you feel that you might have made mistakes…
你是否觉得自己犯了大错?
mistakes that were huge?
天大的错误?
Yes.
是的
Yes.
是的
No further questions.
没别的问题了
You made her cry.
你把她弄哭了
My lucky
那是我运气好
Only in there.
我在法庭上才会这样
And your secretary when you hated your desk.
为了咖啡桌骂秘书也不厚道
Green and yellow on the same plate.
绿色和黄色在同一个盘子上
Could you separate the lima beans… from the corn, please?
请你把豌豆和玉米分开
Sam, don’t be impossible.
山姆,别刁难人家
Can I have the spinach omelette
我要菠菜煎蛋卷
only egg whites, no fat, no oil, no butter.
只要蛋白,无脂无油
And extra mushrooms?
不要奶油,多加点蘑菇
Absolutely.
好的
My treat.
我请客
No, no, no
不必…
My treat. My pro bono.
我请客,无偿服务
That means she doesn’t have to pay. I pay.
这表示她不必付钱,我来付
Sam, do you really want to get this…
山姆,你是真的想付钱?
or are you just trying to…
还是想…
trying to act like a…
想表现得像个…
What do you mean?
什么意思?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!