While I’m very familiar with you and your family,
虽然我很熟悉你和你的家人
I have no way of knowing if you are familiar with who I am.
但我不知道你是否熟悉我
Are you aware of my existence?
你知道我吗
Yes.
知道
This is good.
很好
Now, are you aware of the job I’ve been ordered to carry out in France?
那你明白我来法国是要执行什么任务吗
Yes.
知道
Please tell me what you’ve heard.
告诉我你听说的事情吧
I’ve heard
我听说
That the Fuhrer has put you in charge of rounding up the Jews left in France
元首让您来主管围捕法国剩余的
Who are either hiding or passing for Gentile.
藏匿或者冒充异教♥徒♥的犹太人
The Fuhrer couldn’t have said it better himself.
你比元首本人说得还好
But the meaning of your visit,
您此行尽管令人愉快
Pleasant though it is, is mysterious to me.
但其目的令我难以理解
The Germans looked through my house, nine months ago for hiding Jews
德军9个月前怀疑我藏犹太人 来搜过房♥子
And found nothing.
但一无所获
I’m aware of that.
我知道这事
I’ve read the reports of this area.
我看过这个地区的报告
But like any enterprise, when under new management,
但就像任何企业一样 在新的管理制度之下
There is always a slight duplication of efforts,
总会有一些轻微重复的行动
Most of it being a complete waste of time, but needs to be done nevertheless.
大部分都是完全浪费时间 然而却必须完成
I just have a few questions, monsieur LaPadite.
我只是有几个问题 朗帕迪特先生
If you can assist me with answers,
如果你可以帮我找到答案
My department can close the file on your family.
我的部门就可以停止搜查你们家
Now,
开始吧
Before the occupation, there were four Jewish families in this area,
在占领之前 这个地区有4户犹太家庭
All dairy farmers like yourself.
都是像你一样的奶农
Doleracs, Rollins, the Loveitts
多勒雷斯家 罗林家 拉维特家
And the Dreyfuses.
还有达费斯家
Is that correct?
对吗
To my knowledge,
据我所知
Those were the Jewish families among the dairy farmers.
奶农中就这几个犹太家庭
Herr Colonel, would it disturb you if I smoked my pipe?
上校先生 您介意我抽烟斗吗
Please, monsieur LaPadite,
抽吧 朗帕迪特先生
This is your house, make yourself comfortable.
这是你家 别客气
Now, according to these papers,
根据这些文件来看
All the Jewish families in this area have been accounted for
我有这个地区的所有犹太家庭的资料
Except the Dreyfuses.
唯独没有达费斯家的
Somewhere in the last year it would appear they’ve vanished.
他们去年都在某地消失了
Which leads me to the conclusion that they’ve either made good their escape
我得出的结论是 要么他们得以逃脱
Or someone is very successfully hiding them.
要么有人把他们成功地藏匿了起来
What have you heard about the Dreyfuses, monsieur LaPadite?
你听说过达费斯家的事吗 朗帕迪特先生
Only rumors.
只有一些传闻
I love rumors!
我就喜欢传闻
Facts could be so misleading,
事实可能带有欺骗性
Where rumors, true or false, are often revealing.
但传闻 不论真假 通常都有启迪作用
So, monsieur LaPadite,
那么 朗帕迪特先生
What rumors have you heard regarding the Dreyfuses?
你听过达费斯家的什么传闻呢
Again, this is just a rumor,
我重申一遍 这只是传闻
But we heard the Dreyfuses had made their way into Spain.
我们听说达费斯家已经逃往西班牙
So, the rumors you’ve heard have been of escape?
你听说的传闻是他们逃跑了?
Yes.
是的
Having never met the Dreyfuses, would you confirm for me
我没见过达费斯家人 你能帮我确认
The exact members of the household and their names?
他们家的人数和成员名字吗
There were five of them.
他们家5口人
The father, Jacob.
父亲 雅各布
Wife, Miram.
妻子 米拉木
And her brother, Bob.
还有她兄弟 鲍勃
How old is Bob?
鲍勃有多大
Thirty, 31.
30岁左右
Continue.
继续
And the children,
然后是孩子们
Amos
阿莫斯
And Shosanna.
索莎娜
Ages of the children?
孩子们有多大
Amos was nine or 10.
阿莫斯大概10岁左右
And Shosanna?
索莎娜呢
And Shosanna was
索莎娜有…
18 or 19. I’m not really sure.
18岁吧 我不太确定
Well, I guess that should do it.
我想这样就差不多了
However, before I go, could I have another glass of your delicious milk?
我走之前 能再享受一杯你们的美味牛奶吗
But of course.
当然
Monsieur LaPadite,
朗帕迪特先生
Are you aware of the nickname the people of France have given me?
你知道法国人♥民♥给我起了个什么绰号♥吗
I have no interest in such things.
我对这些事情不感兴趣
But you are aware of what they call me.
但你知道他们叫我什么吧
I’m aware.
我知道
What are you aware of?
你知道的是什么
That they call you “The Jew Hunter.”
他们叫你”犹太猎手”
Precisely.
完全正确
I understand your trepidation in repeating it.
我理解你重复它时的不安
Heydrich apparently hates the moniker
海德里希显然不喜欢
The good people of Prague have bestowed on him.
布拉格人送给他的绰号♥
Actually, why he would hate the name “the Hangman” is baffling to me.
事实上 我不懂他为什么讨厌”刽子手”这名字
It would appear he has done everything in his power to earn it.
这样能显示他是尽全力赢得这个称号♥的
Now I, on the other hand, love my unofficial title
而我呢 正好相反 我恰好喜欢我的绰号♥
Precisely because I’ve earned it.
因为它是我努力赢来的
The feature that makes me such an effective hunter of the Jews is,
我是一个如此高效的犹太猎手的原因是
As opposed to most German soldiers,
我和大多数德国士兵相反
I can think like a Jew
我能像犹太人一样思考
Where they can only think like a German.
而他们只能像德国人那样思考
More precisely, a German soldier.
更准确点地说 是德国士兵
Now, if one were to determine what attribute the German people share with a beast,
如果有人要说德国人和动物间的共同点
It would be the cunning and the predatory instinct of a hawk.
那就是鹰一般的狡猾和掠夺的本能
But if one were to determine what attributes the Jews share with a beast,
但如果要说犹太人和动物之间的共同点
It would be that of the rat.
那就是老鼠的天性
The Fuhrer and Goebbels’ propaganda have said pretty much the same thing.
元首和戈培尔的宣传也说过类似的话
But where our conclusions differ,
但我们结论的不同点在于
Is I don’t consider the comparison an insult.
我不认为这种比较是一种侮辱
Consider for a moment the world a rat lives in.
想想一只老鼠生活的世界吧
It’s a hostile world, indeed.
确实是个充满敌意的世界
If a rat were to scamper through your front door, right now,
如果现在有只老鼠跑过你的前门
Would you greet it with hostility?
你会对它报以敌意吧
I suppose I would.
我想我会
Has a rat ever done anything to you
有老鼠曾对你做过什么事
To create this animosity you feel toward them?
让你对它们如此憎恨吗
Rats spread disease. They bite people.
老鼠传播疾病 它们咬人
Rats were the cause of the bubonic plague, but that’s some time ago.
老鼠是黑死病的罪魁祸首 但那是以前的事
I propose to you any disease a rat could spread,
对你来说 任何老鼠可以传播的疾病
A squirrel could equally carry.
一只松鼠也可以传播
Would you agree?
你同意吗
Yet, I assume you don’t share the same animosity with squirrels
但我猜你对松鼠并没有
That you do with rats, do you?
对老鼠那样的仇恨 对吗
No.
没有
Yet, they’re both rodents, are they not?
但它们都是啮齿目动物 对吧
And except for the tail, they even rather look alike, don’t they?
除了尾巴外 它们看起来很像 不是吗
It’s an interesting thought, Herr Colonel.
你的想法很有趣 上校先生
However interesting as the thought may be,
然而即使这想法很有趣
It makes not one bit of difference to how you feel.
也丝毫不能改变你的感觉
If a rat were to walk in here, right now, as I’m talking
如果一只老鼠现在跑进来 正如我所说的
Would you greet it with a saucer of your delicious milk?
你会给它盛一杯你美味的牛奶吗
Probably not.
可能不会
I didn’t think so.
我想也是
You don’t like them.
你不喜欢它们
You don’t really know why you don’t like them.
你并不知道为什么不喜欢它们
All you know is you find them repulsive.
你只是觉得它们令人厌恶
Consequently, a German soldier conducts a search
因此 一名德国士兵在搜索
Of a house suspected of hiding Jews.
一间可能藏匿着犹太人的房♥子时
Where does the hawk look?
这只”老鹰”会在哪里搜呢
He looks in the barn, he looks in the attic, he looks in the cellar,
他会搜查谷仓 他会搜查阁楼 他会搜查地窖

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!