因此,根据上帝的仁慈安排,圣女贞德,法兰西的女儿,今天被安置在圣徒的行列中,这是非常恰当的。
And so by disposition of the divine mercy,it was done most opportunely,that Joan, child of god,daughter of France, today be placed among the number of the saints.
圣女贞德的历史在这里有记载,她在地球上只活了19年。
Saint Joan of Arc whose history is recorded here,lived only 19 years on this earth.
她于1412年出生在洛林市的一个村庄Domrémy。
She was born in 1412 in a village of Domrémy,on the marche of Lorraine.
当时法国输掉了百年战争,被敌人蹂躏,城市被毁,农场被洗劫一空,人♥民♥绝望。
At the time when France, losing the hundred years war,was overrun by her enemies, her cities ruined, her farms stripped bare,her people hopeless.
但是,法国的敌人可没想到这个名叫贞德的女孩会在她村庄的小破教堂里祈祷。
But the enemies of France did not reckon on the girl Joan praying in the little ruined church of her village.
当她跪在那里时,圣人的声音一遍又一遍地对她说话,敦促她当兵,带领法国♥军♥队夺取胜利,在兰斯为太子加冕,他们一次又一次地要求她做不可能的事情。
As she knelt there, the voices of her saint spoke to her again and again,urging her to become a soldier, to lead the armies of France to victory to crown the Dauphin at Rheims,impossible things they asked of her and asked again.
真遗憾……
What a pity…
…可惜那是法国王国。
…a pity that it is the Kingdom of France.
珍妮特?
Jeanette?
珍妮特!
Jeanette!
珍妮特,你的车来了,我们要给他吃早餐。
Jeanette, your ride is here,we are to give him breakfast.
看到它。
See to it.
你怎么了,姑娘?
What ails you girl?
为什么你总是一个人,不听任何人说话,回答时就像在梦中一样?
Why you always alone and listen to no one and answer as if you were in a dream?
爱你的教堂固然好,尽管它被烧毁了,但别去想别的,看我而不看我,忘记你的朋友,把这一切留给自己,这可不好!
It’s well to love your church,burnt though it is,but to think of nothing else,to look at me without seeing me,to forget your friends and keep all of this to yourself,this cannot be good!
你变成一个奇怪的女孩了,珍妮特。
You’ve become a strange girl, Jeanette.
我不相信你!
I don’t trust you!
我不能相信你!
I can’t trust you!
去做早餐吧。
Go and make breakfast.
从我藏身的地方,我可以看到他们抢劫、焚烧、杀人……
From where I was hiding I could watch them,I could see ’em looting, burning, murdering…
他们烧毁了沿途的一切。
They burned everything in their path.
叔叔,这些士兵是英国人还是勃艮第人?
But uncle, were the soldiers English or Burgundians?
勃艮第人!
Burgundians!
大约60人,骑着马,带着武器。
About 60 of ’em, mounted, and armed.
勃艮第人或英国人,他们留下了同样的痕迹。
Burgundians or English, they leave the same trail.
我不懂勃艮第人!
I can’t understand the Burgundians!
法国杀死!
French killing French!
他们在欺骗自己的人♥民♥!
They’re deceiving their own people!
背叛我们的不只是勃艮第人,杜兰德。
Oh, it’s not only the Burgundians that betray us, Durand.
我们最后一个国王临死前答应把我们交给英格兰人。
Our last king promised us to the English before he died.
太后为了英国的金子出♥卖♥♥♥了我们。
Queen mother sold us out for English gold.
我们的领主在互相争斗。
Our lords are fighting among each other.
年轻的查尔斯,我们的国王,善良的王子,我们的王储,不管你怎么称呼他,他太虚弱无力维持秩序又穷得无力偿还债务。
Young Charles, our King,fine prince, our Dauphin,whatever you call him,he’s too weak to keep order and too poor to pay his debts.
我. .我在市场上看到了反弹。
I..I saw Reboux at the market.
他在奥尔良的战斗中失去了一只胳膊。
He lost an arm in the fighting at Orleans.
哦,可怜的Reboux !
Oh, poor Reboux!
-他们可能会攻占奥尔良。-他们会接受的!
– They may take Orleans. – They will take it!
他们包围了我们最后一个伟大的城市。
They’ve surrounded our last great city.
城墙内的人们除了绝望和饥饿一无所有。
Folk within the wall have nothing but their despair and their hunger.
救援无望,他们撑不了多久了。
There’s no hope for relief and they can’t hold out much longer.
如果奥尔良沦陷,就意味着法国的末日。
If Orleans falls it means the end of France.
我想在我妻子听到突袭的消息之前赶回家!
Well, I want to be home before my wife hears word of the raid!
我们可以去工地接你,我们要去帕洛维安
We could pick you up at the site, we’re going down to the Palo Vien
让你的手忙起来,把注意力放在你身上发生的事上。
Keep your hands busy and keep your mind on what’s going on about you.
谢谢你,伊莎贝尔。谢谢你!
Well, thank you Isabel. Thank you!
再见Jide
Goodbye Jide
别介意,珍妮特。
Don’t mind it, Jeannette.
我们知道你是个善良温柔的女孩,但你有一种梦幻般的感觉。
We know you’re a good and gentle girl but there’s a dreamy haze about you.
使他喜怒无常,易怒。
Makes him moody and angry.
一个……一场梦吗?
A…a dream?
他梦见你和士兵们私奔了。
He dreamed you went away with soldiers.
军队。
With an army.
一开始他以为你被带走了,后来又觉得你是自愿离开的。
First he though that you’d been carried away,then it seemed that you went of your own free will.
他梦到我带着一支军队离开了他不止一次梦到过。
He dreamed I went away with an army he’s dreamed it more than once.
他也告诉了我们,约翰和我。
He told us too, John and me.
他说在这种事发生之前他会把你淹死在默兹河里,如果他不在这里,他就让我们这么做。
He said he’d drown you in the River Meuse before a thing like that should happen,and if he were not here, he charged us to do it.
在这里。
Here.
亲爱的上帝,可怜可怜我吧!
Dear sweet God, have pity on me!
帮帮我吧!
Help me in this trouble!
自从我第一次在我父亲的花♥园♥里听到那些声音已经四年多了,你的圣徒们一次又一次地告诉我,我必须去。
It’s more than four years since I first heard the voices,in my father’s garden,again and again your Saints told me that I must go.
但如何?
But how?
我该如何拯救法国?
How can I save France?
我怎么能,带太子去加冕典礼?
How can I, lead the Dauphin to his coronation?
我可以吗?
Can I?
我只是一个乡下的穷姑娘。我从没见过国王或军队。
I’m only a poor girl of the farms. I’ve never seen a King or an army.
我不适合和伟人讲话。
I’m not fitted to speak to great people.
或者去他们中间。
or go among them.
一直以来我都…我试过了,想要开始,但我找不到办法,所以什么都没做。
All this time I have…I have tried,to make a beginning but I can find no way so nothing is done.
我知道现在每一天我们都失去了法国,我仍然不知道如何去做要求我做的事。
I know that everyday now we lose France,I still don’t know how to go about what is asked of me.
所以我什么都不做!
So I do nothing!
原谅我,原谅我!
Forgive me, forgive me!
我在痛苦中无助。
I am helpless and in anguish.
会不会有个声音说我被原谅了?
Will a voice come and say that I am forgiven?
我已经试炼,我已经试炼。
For I have tried with all my soul, I have tried.
那我得走了,做我能做的事,不知道怎么做。
Then I must go,and do what I can,without knowing how.
杜兰叔叔!
Uncle Durand!
杜兰叔叔!
Uncle Durand!
杜兰叔叔!
Uncle Durand!
-珍妮特,我忘了什么吗?-不,只是杜兰德叔叔我得去沃库勒尔,带我一起去。
– Jeannette, did I forget something? – No, only uncle Durand I must go to Vaucouleurs, take me with you.
——Vaucouleurs吗?——是的。
– To Vaucouleurs? – Yes.
你父亲没跟我说过这事。你妈妈什么也没说。
Your father said nothing about this to me. Your mother said nothing about it.
不。
No.
这很奇怪,珍妮特。
Well this is very strange, Jeannette.
你想在城里买♥♥东西吗?
You want to buy something in the city?
我要和罗伯特·德·鲍德里古爵士谈谈。
I have to speak to Sir Robert de Baudricourt.
关于什么?你为什么要找国王的队长?
What about? Why would you speak to the King’s captain?
-我不能告诉你杜兰德叔叔。-那我就不能带你去了
– I can’t tell you Uncle Durand. – Then I can’t take you.
那我就走着去。
I shall walk then.
就算我把腿穿到膝盖,我也得去。
Even if I wear my legs to the knees, I must go.
也许是我做错了……但是来了。
It may be that I do wrong… but come.
——下一个。-杰拉德·莫尔索,罗伯特爵士
– Next. – Gerard Morseau, Sir Robert.
-莫尔索,你迟到了。-他们烧了我的房♥子,罗伯特爵士。
– Morseau, you are late for the taxes. – Uh they burned my house, Sir Robert.
-偷了我的粮食。-给他到下次收获的时候。
– Stole my grain. – Give him till next harvest.
杜兰德·拉索伊斯,你们村的税还没交呢。-我知道,罗伯特爵士。
Durand Lassois,Taxes for your village are not due yet. – I know, Sir Robert.
-这是…这是我的侄女。——嗯。
– This is uh… this is my niece. – Hm.
-她是Domrémy的雅克·达尔卡的女儿。——是的,是的。
– She is the daughter of Jacques d’Arc of Domrémy. – Yes, yes.
她想和你谈谈。
She wishes to speak with you.
我…我…
I… I…
是的,是的,继续,姑娘,大声说出来。告诉我。
Yes, yes, go on girl, go speak up. Tell me.
我…我给您带个口信,罗伯特爵士。
I… I bring you a message Sir Robert.
你必须送我去见太子。这是我主人的命令。
You must send me to the Dauphin. My lord commands it.
你的主?我是你的主!
Your lord? I am your lord!
-我的主人是天堂的国王。-嗯,有一点。这是一个点。
– My Lord is the King of Heaven. – Hm, that’s a point. That’s a point.
但我要率领皇太子的军队。
But I am to lead the Dauphin’s armies.
去领导他的军队?皇太子什么时候有军队的?
To lead his armies? When did the Dauphin have an army?
女人不会领导军队,女孩,她们跟着!
And women don’t lead armies girl, they follow!
如果你想成为那样的人,可以安排一个营地随从。
And if you want to become that, a camp followerette can be arranged.
-但我要拯救法国。-拯救法国?
– But I’m to save France. – To save France?
回家吧,姑娘,别犯傻了!
Go home girl and don’t be an idiot!
如果有可能拯救法国,那早就做到了。
If it would have been possible to save France, it would have been done long ago.
我们会自己动手的,伯尼茨?
We would have done it ourselves, eh Burnitz?
但是战争将会改变!
But the war will change!
当我来救太子的时候,我…
When I come to the aid of the Dauphin, I…
我一定要带他去加冕!
I must lead him to his coronation!
马萨,把这个穆尼女孩带回家,让她父亲给她一耳光。
Maxar, take this Mooney girl home,and tell her father to box her ears.
但你必须送我去见皇太子,我必须拯救法国!
But you must send me to the Dauphin, I must save France!
对不起,罗伯特爵士。我不知道她会说什么。
I am sorry, Sir Robert. I didn’t know what she is going to say.
我送她回家。
I’ll take her home.
-你真把我当傻瓜,我早知道你要说什么…-我不想把这事推到你头上,杜兰德叔叔,但也没有别的办法。
– What a fool you made out of me, if I’ve known what you are going to say… – I didn’t want to bring this on you uncle Durand, but there was no other way.
-我必须和他谈谈-你必须这么做?你父亲永远不会原谅我的。
– And I had to speak to him. – You had to? Your father will never forgive me.
——绝对不会!-嘘,嘘,表弟。
– Never in the world! – Hush, hush cousin.
让路!
Make way!
注意!让路!
Attention! Make way!
珍妮特!不,珍妮特,回来!
Jeannette! No, Jeannette, come back!
——罗伯特爵士已经说了!——罗伯特爵士!
– Sir Robert has spoken! – Sir Robert!
罗伯特爵士,您必须派我去参战!
Sir Robert, you must send me out to take part in the war!
奥尔良现在很危险,即使今天,战争仍在肆虐。
Orleans is in great danger, and even today a battle is raging.
什么?奥尔良离这里有两百里,没人知道那里发生了什么。
What? Orleans is 200 leagues from here, nobody knows what’s going on there.
罗伯特爵士!
Sir Robert!
罗伯特爵士!
Sir Robert!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!