从高中到大学
You know, high school to college,
是一个重要的转变
it can be a big transition,
对于从小地方来的人而言更是如此
especially if you’re not from the city,
所以我们会通过多种方式
so, so we try to help out with that transition
帮助你过渡
in a number of ways.
那样真的很奏效
Wow, that’s a real accomplishment.
恭喜你
Congratulations.
即使你尚未完全融入新生活
I mean, you’re not in yet, but,
但一切都看起来很顺当
no, things are looking pretty good.
我们举办全校野餐
We do an all-campus picnic,
让新生能够更好地
which is a nice way for the incoming students
适应大学生活
to acclimate themselves to the college.
我认为大学里最棒的当属多元化的课程
For me, the most exciting thing about this place is the classes.
你不想上大学吗
So you don’t want to go to college?
现在的课程肯定比原来更多
You know, I’m not up to date on the course catalog.
本校最伟大的事之一
One of the great things about this school is, you know,
是有处称为纽约城的校区
you have a campus called New York City.
那可是全球最好的城市
Greatest city in the world, they say.
我觉得你的论文很有想法
I thought your essay was, was interesting.
能注意下拼写就更好了
A spell-check might be nice on these essays.
计划再次参选吗
Planning on taking your boards again?
超爱那些课外活动
Love those extracurriculars.
听说过膳食计划没
Have you heard about the meal plan?
棒极了
Fantastic.
毕业之后
Where do you see things going, you know,
又何去何从呢
after, after college?
站住
Hey!
看看自己的处境
Look at how life has gone today
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away
就在今日
My sweet love is gone today
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away now
看看自己的处境
Look at how life has gone away
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away
就在今日
My sweet love is gone today
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away now
这书是你的还是我的
Yours or mine?
我的
Mine.
你喜欢就拿去吧
You can have it if you want, though.
新衬衫吗
Is that a new shirt?
是啊
Uh, yeah, it is.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
别问我
Don’t ask me that.
怎么了
Why?
关我什么事
Because it’s not my job
我再也用不着取悦你了
to make you feel good about yourself anymore.
人生苦短
Look at how life has drived away
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away
就在今日
My sweet love is gone today
我的爱远走高飞
My sweet love is gone away now
就这些吗
That’ll be all for you?
还有别的吗
Anything else?
没了 就这本
Oh, no, that’s it.
衬衫很有型
That’s a nice shirt.
谢谢
Thanks.
我的宝贝
Oh, my baby
我的爱
Oh, my love
我的宝贝
Oh, my baby, now

Hello?
是杰西·费歇尔吗
Jesse Fisher?
你是哪位
Yeah?
我是你最青睐的共♥产♥党员
It’s your favorite Communist.
彼得·霍贝格教授吗
Professor Peter Hoberg?
臭小子 我才不是共♥产♥党员
Screw you. I’m not a Communist.
你怎么样
How you doing?
还是老样子
Oh, you know.
那我就长话短说吧
Listen, I don’t want to take up too much of your time,
我打电♥话♥找你有事
but here’s why I’m calling.
自从我宣布退休
Ever since I announced that I was packing it in,
这里的人反倒与我
funny, but this whole place has finally decided
冰释前嫌了
that they don’t really hate me after all.
虽说俄亥俄州不如纽约繁华
Now, I know Ohio is not as glamorous as New York,
但他们这个月末
but they’re throwing me a retirement dinner thing
还是要为我举办退休晚宴
at the end of the month,
并让我邀请几位往届的学生
and they asked me to invite any former students
给我编点好话
that might want to lie and say some nice things about me.
你是我认识的最有才的大话王
And since you’re one of the great liars that I know.
什么时候
When is it?
25号♥的那个周末
Weekend of the 25th.
看你有没有时间吧
You know, check your schedule.
好的
Ok.
我正在看
Checking now.
看来我得调整一下日程了
Uh, looks like I’d have to shift some things around,
行 我会去的
but yeah, I’ll be there.
你好
Hi.
看啊
Look at this.
你们好吗
How are you?
-杰西 -你好
– Jesse. – Yeah, hi.
你好 我是大卫 这是苏珊
Hi, I’m David. This is Susan.
-你好 -你好
– Hi. – Hey.
彼得跟你说了我们在这儿吧
Peter warned you that we’d be here?
说了 说了
He did. He did, yeah.
我们在这儿可没少受他照顾
We’re making him take care of us while we’re here.
路上还算顺利吧
How was your drive?
挺好的 挺开心
It was good, yeah. Pleasant, actually,
彼得 杰西来了
Peter, Jesse’s here!
重返母校的感觉不错吧
So it’s good to be back?
还好 感觉怪怪的
Yeah. Yeah, it’s weird.
我把车开上山时
I drove up the hill,
有一种
I suddenly felt like I was seeing
重逢旧爱的错觉
an ex-girlfriend or something.
-离你而去的姑娘 -没错
– The one that got away. – Exactly.
姿碧可喜欢这儿呢
Zibby loves it here so much,
放假都不乐意回家
she get sad to come home on breaks.
姿碧
Zibby?
抱歉 我们的女儿伊丽莎白 读大二
Sorry. Elizabeth, our daughter, a sophomore.
她参加了即兴表演社团
She’s in the improv group.
我们看过她的一场演出
We came up to see one of her shows.
-怎么样 -很滑稽
– How was it? – Hilarious.
雅俗共赏
Uh, filthy but hilarious.
你们是怎么认识的彼得
So how do you guys know Peter?
他是我的营队辅♥导♥员
He was my camp counselor.
这么巧
No way.
他让我们围着篝火唱工会之歌♥
He made us sing pro-union songs around the campfire.
支持你的兄弟
You must stand up for your brother
才不会因他而亡
So you won’t die for the man
支持你的兄弟 才不会因他而…
Stand up for your brother so you won’t die for…
你小子不写信也不打电♥话♥
You never writes. You never calls.
好久不见
Oh, hey.
让我好好看看你
Let me look at you.
还不错
Not bad.
有谁饿了吗
Who’s hungry?
-我饿了 -那好 咱俩去吃
– I’m hungry. – Okay, let’s go.
我们预定了位子
We’ve got reservations.
伙计 37年了
Oh, man, 37 years.
你信吗
Can you believe it?
一个土生土长的纽约人在乡下待了37年
Native New Yorker spends 37 years in a county,
那里最高的楼才是幢九层的教学楼
where the tallest building’s nine stories.
天啊
Oh, my.
你现在有何感想
How are you feeling about it all?
-是说退休吗 -是的
– The retirement? – Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!