– You won’t like it. – I already do.
-学校每年只付我三千元 -为什么
The school only pays me 3,000 a year.
因为我是倒霉的巴雷太太
– Why? – Because my name is Mrs Barrett.
你不能做卡维拉里小姐吗
– Couldn’t you be Miss Cavilleri?
如我是小姐 会做巴黎之后
– Then I’d be the Queen of Paris.
这是便宜货
It’s a bargain.
四间房♥租八十二元五角
Four rooms for 82.50 a month
在这地区简直不可能
is impossible this side of Mongolia.
但这是康桥的蒙古区
But this is the Mongolian section of Cambridge.
我得承认这比我想像中坏
Gee… I have to admit that it’s even worse than I expected.
但这是家
– Yeah, but it’s home. – Yeah.
好了 好什么
– Well? – Well what?
有门槛 抱我过去
– Carry me over the threshold.
你不相信那种无聊的事吧
– Do you believe that nonsense?
抱我 等会儿告诉你
– Carry me and I’ll tell you.
你知道我们住顶楼吧
– We’re at the top floor!
好 我会做个 年轻貌美的离婚女人
OK, I’ll be a young and beautiful divorcee.
这是什么
Hey, what is this, Barrett?
过了门槛我告诉你
I’ll tell you after we cross the threshold.
-好了 -这不是门槛
– This is not a threshold.
门铃旁边有我们的姓名
– Our name is there.
这不是正式门槛 现在上楼
It’s not an official threshold. Upstairs, you preppy!
为何你这么重
– Why are you so heavy?
你想过也许我怀了孕吗
– I might be pregnant.
是吗
– Are you?
我吓着你吧
– Scared you, didn’t I?
-不是 -别向我吹牛
– No, I… – Don’t bullshit me.
我紧张了一下
For a second I clutched.
这是门槛吧
Is this the official threshold?
你想呢
– What do think?
-如果你不说是 我就 -是了
– If you don’t say yes… Yes!
有姓巴雷的吗
– Where’s Barrett?
孩子们呢
– Where are the kids?
睡了 谢谢
Asleep, thank God.
午睡时间 我有三刻钟
It’s siesta time. I’ve got 45 minutes.
比他们给我的多
That’s more than they give me.
该死的
Damn it!
我不懂这机器毛病所在
– What’s wrong with this engine?
你是哈佛优异生
– You’re a Harvard Magna.
但不是学机械
– Not in mechanics.
欢迎来到现实世界
– Welcome to the world, preppy.
听着 姓卡的
– Listen, Cavilleri…
我姓巴雷
– The name’s Barrett, Barrett.
有时候你真是个坏丫头
Sometimes you are really a bitch.
他们待你怎样
– How are they treating you?
还好 除了那李家的小子
– Fine, except for one brat.
我敢说他十岁前会干坏事
He’ll be breaking and entering before 10.
他干什么坏事
– What now?
他想捏我
– He tried to pinch me.
我不怪他
– I don’t blame him.
如他再那样 我揍他
– Next time, I’ll wallop him.
不要 须先取得他家长暗示
Not until you get his parents’ tip.
可恶
Damn it!
离开这里吧
– Let’s get out of here.
别碰我
– Don’t touch me.
对丈夫说那样可怕的话
– What a thing to say to your husband!
洗手 然后才可以碰我
– Wash. You can touch me afterwards.
今天又和校长谈过薪水
I had another salary hassle today with Miss Anne Miller Whitman.
盼你这次乱恭维一番
– I hope you laid it on thick this time.
我说我有幸成为她 学校教员的一分子
– I told her I was proud to work for them.
我去跟她说 校长 姓巴雷的也要付房♥租
I said, “Even Barretts have to pay their rent.”
她如何回应
– To which she retorted… – “Ho, ho, ho!”
什么意思 一年三千五
– Define “Ho, ho, ho”. – 3,500 for the year.
那真可笑
Ridiculous!
我要念教书的必修课时 你肯做事养我吗
Would you like to support me while l take courses to teach in public school?
你干嘛不说话
– Would you please say something? – Ho, ho, ho.
以为小休时间你会打电♥话♥来
– I thought you’d call after the meeting.
是的 但我想你在温习
– I wanted you to study.
你吃了东西吗
– Have you eaten?
我等你一起吃
– I waited for you.
还在发育时期呢
– You’re a growing boy.
不再是了
– Not anymore.
是的 我在说你的思想 看过信了吗
Yes, in the mind. Did you check the mail?
等一下 这案例是重点
Just one second. This is a crucial precedent.
看过信了吗
– Did you check the mail?
没有 有重要的信吗
– No. Anything vital?
-请我们 -付电灯费
– We are cordially invited… – …to pay the light bill.
请吃晚饭
To a dinner.
你父亲六十大寿
Your father’s 60th birthday.
-你听见了吗 -听见了
– Did you hear me? – Yes.
候覆
RSVP.
你竟还要问我吗
– You even have to ask?
我想是时候了
– It’s about time.
做什么
– For what?
你心里明白
– You know.
难道还要他爬来求你
Does he have to crawl here?
-他已经让步了 -才不是
He’s reaching out.
那是我母亲写的
My mother addressed it.
想想 六十岁了
Think. 60 years old.
等你想跟他和解时 他不知是否还在人世
when you’refinally ready for a reconciliation.there won’tbe a reconciliation.
不会和解的
There won’t be one.
有一天当你被 奥力佛五世气疯时
someday when you’re being bugged by oliver v- –
他不会叫奥力佛五世
– He won’t be called that!
他可以叫阿毛 阿狗
He can be called Bozo.
他仍会怨恨你
He’ll still resent you
因你是哈佛的风头人物
for being a Harvard jock!
他读大一时 你可能已贵为大律师
– You’ll be on the Supreme Court…
他不会怨恨我的
– He won’t resent me!
-为什么 -因为我
– Why not? – Because I…
你父也爱你 正像你爱你的儿子
Your father loves you like you’ll love Bozo,
只是你们姓巴雷的太骄傲好强
but you Barretts are so proud
你们可能彼此憎恨一生
that you’ll always think you hate each other.
-还不都是为了你 -是
If it weren’t for you?
别再谈了
The case is closed!
可是总得回覆他们
– There’s still the RSVP.
我想你知道怎么做的
– I think you can handle it.
这么伤人心的事我办不到
I have never deliberately hurt anyone, and I don’t think I could.
珍妮 只回覆”不去”就是了
Jennifer! Just answer no.
好吧 几号♥电♥话♥
– OK. What’s the number?
写便条不成吗
– Can’t you write a note?
一会儿我会失去勇气
I’ll lose my nerve.
几号♥电♥话♥
What’s the number?
3383434 先拨1字
338- 3434, and dial 1 first.
晚安 我是珍妮 巴雷
Good evening, this is Jennifer Barrett.
巴雷先生 你好
Mr Barrett! Good evening, sir.
好 谢谢你
Fine, thank you.
是的 收到了 所以我打电♥话♥
Yes, we did. That’s why I’m calling.
我非常抱歉
I’m terribly sorry,
我是说 我们非常抱歉
I mean we’re terribly sorry,
我们不能 对不起
but… no, we can’t. I’m sorry.
奥 跟他说几句问候说话
Oliver, please talk to him. Just say hello.
我决不与他说话
– I will never talk to him.
为了我 行不行
– Can’t you do it for me?
我从没求过你做任何事情
I’ve never asked you to do anything in my whole life.
请你为了我听一下
Just for me.
不行
No.
你是无情的坏蛋
You’re a heartless bastard.
巴雷先生 奥希望你知道
Mr Barrett? Oliver would like you to know
在他自己的心里
that in his own special way,
他非常敬爱你
he loves you very much.
你给我滚开

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!