the first 30 animation work stations,
之后 就准备好让第一批画师们进行测试了
and after that, we were ready for the first painters test.
为了选出最合适的颜料
We went through a very careful process
皮特·多米纳克
我们进行了一项严谨的测试
of selecting the right paint.
我们对比了好几种市面上主流的牌子
We compared a number of major brands
特别考察了颜料的质量
and paid attention to the quality of the paint,
色差 并考虑了我们预算承受能力
the differences in color, but also affordability.
最后 无巧不成书 我们的最佳选择
And in the end, the best option
皇家泰伦斯的梵高油画颜料
是梵高油画颜料
ended up being Van Gogh.
建好了绘画工作台
With painting animation work stations set up
也选定了颜料 我们唯一缺的
and paints chosen, the only thing missing
就是足够的优秀动画师了
was to have enough good painting animators.
从当时《至爱梵高》的处境来看
In the case of Loving Vincent,
画师的人数是不够的
there weren’t painting animators
或者说 世界上有那么多动画师
or there certainly weren’t enough painting animators
能来参与制♥作♥这部电影的
that were out there in the whole world
当时寥寥无几
to come and work on this film.
所以 我们必须从头建立起一支工作小组
So we had to create a work force from scratch.
《至爱梵高》
油画师 动画师
来参与制♥作♥电影《至爱梵高》——全世界首部手绘油画定格动画长片
我们要选出优秀的油画师
We had to take brilliant painters
然后把他们培训成动画师
and convert them into painting animators.
光是来自波兰的画师
We had more than 1,000 portfolios
我们就收到了1000多份简历
submitted just from Polish artists.
我们在波兰的3个城市
We ran three day tests
分别举♥行♥了为期3天的测试
in three cities in Poland
被选中参加测试的 只有300多个人
just for more than 300 of them.
我们又从中选了60人展开培训
From these, we selected 60 for training
皮特·多米纳克
动画总监
最终加入我们的 只有40个人
of whom 40 joined the film.
我在罗兹参加了为期三天的测试
I had a three day test in Lodz,
卢卡斯·戈登
原画师
绘制1248帧
之后 我就等着极越回电♥话♥了
after which I waited for a call from BreakThru.
一段时间后 我们又回来了两次
Then after some time we brought back two times
卢卡斯·戈登的测试镜头
第一阶段培训
2014年3月-5月
上了为期六个星期的培训课
where we went through a six week training course.
培训完后
After the training,
那些被录用了的画师
those who were accepted
安娜·克鲁萨
画师 主管
绘制1347帧
就被邀请参与电影的设计环节了
were invited to start design process for the film.
我们一共画了157张原画
We did 157 design paintings in total.
“关键帧的制♥作♥者们”
它们对这部电影的质感
These were crucial for precisely defining
多洛塔·科别拉
至关重要
the look of the film.
所有的画师都必须遵循一样的色调
The animators all had to follow the colors,
一样的笔触
the style of the brush strokes,
原图的画风也必须统一
and the feel of the design paintings.
否则 让这部手绘动画保持同一种风格
Without them, it wouldn’t have been possible to
简直好比攀天
keep the painting animation consistent.
在我们设计电影的质感同时
While we were designing the look of the film,
我们也要开始测试动画了
we also had to start animation tests,
但是画师们需要素材才能开始测试
but we needed to have material for the painters to test on.
我们决定打扮成油画里人物的样子
We decided to dress up as the characters from the paintings.
可好玩了
It was great fun.
我们把那些服饰租了下来
We just rented the costumes,
我打扮成了玛格丽特·加歇
I dressed up as Marguerite Gachet,
休扮成了一个邮递员
Hugh dressed up as a post man.
“我的朋友才不会自杀”
“My friend wouldn’t kill himself.”
于是 我们从助梦网和失业救济机构
Together we got funds from Kickstarter
专为具有创意方案的企业筹资的众筹网站平台
电影《至爱梵高》- 让梵高的油画动起来
认缴¥8或更多
属于自己的助梦网/《至爱梵高》壁纸和我们对你的感谢
预计发货时间运送范围
2014年4月全世界
63位支持者
认缴¥45或更多
无限制访问所有视频和博客
预计发货时间运送范围
2014年4月全世界
48位支持者
得到了一些资金
and from the unemployment agency
这样一来 我们就可以
and that allowed us to put together
为画师们开设培训课程了
a training program for painting animators.
第一次助梦网更新
2014年12月
嗨 各位募资人
Hello Kickstarter.
我是休·韦尔什曼
I’m Hugh Welchman.
我想给你们看些东西
I would like to show you something,
跟我来
follow me.
如果我没记错 前65名画师得到的培训
I think the first 65 people who went through
都是由那两家实体公♥司♥资助的
were funded out by those two entities.
肖恩·鲍比特
助梦网更新 – 2014年3月
谢谢你们 现在你们看到的这30位画师
The 30 painters that you see here, thanks to you,
已经在今天早上开始培训了
started training this morning,
有了我们在助梦网上筹到的钱
and over the course of the next three months
在接下来的三个月培训里
we’ll be able to train about 50 painters
我们就可以培训出大概50位画师了
with the monies that we’ve raised on Kickstarter.
接下来 我们需要的就不止培训费了
Then we needed money not just for training,
还有制♥作♥整部电影需要用到的钱
but for the whole film.
因为我们做的是波兰电影
And as we’re a Polish project,
所以 得到波兰电影协会的支持
having the backing of the Polish Film Institute
是非常关键的一环
was a crucial step.
波兰电影协会
如果你得不到
If you don’t have the backing
本国电影协会的支持
of your national film institution,
那国际投资人
then international investors are wary
也不太可能对你的项目抱有信心
and less likely to have confidence in your project.
我们将《至爱梵高》作为故事长片去申请投资
We applied for Loving Vincent as a feature film.
我们申请民间主动融♥资♥的过程很艰难
We really had a struggle with PFI.
我们被拒绝了有两三次
I think we were turned down two or three times.
然后你就可以去见委员会
And then you get to go and see the commission
和他们讨论具体原因
and discuss with them why,
详细了解情况
and get to know about it.
于是我就去了那里
So I went there.
波兰电影协会
我记得当时的情形 非常让人不安
I remember the situation was emotionally disturbing
非常痛苦 因为我不得不坐在四个人面前
and painful because I had to sit in front of four people
他们都告诉我
and they were all telling me
首先 这很无聊
that this is first of all boring,
其次 我没有经验
second of all, I do not have experience
我也算不上是个导演
and I’m not a proper director.
波兰电影协会
但不出所料 过了一段时间
But of course after some time,
事实证明 他们是这个项目的大力支持者
they proved to be a really big supporter of the project.
没有他们 几乎就不可能
And without them, it would have been nearly impossible
让项目顺利进行下去
to get the project going.
但一开始我需要说服自己 坚定信念
But it took some convincing and determination at first.
我离开协会的时候
And as I was walking away from the institute
情绪很低落
I was so emotionally destroyed,
我在想 也许他们是对的
but I was thinking, maybe they’re right,
但转念一想 不
but on some point I thought, no,
我不能让他们击垮我
I can’t let them beat me down.
文森特就是这么做的
That’s what Vincent did.
他就是坚持不懈
He really had this persistence
如果他真的是我的信仰 我就应该追随他
and I should follow him if I really, truly believe in it.
他的精神给了我动力
That’s what kept me motivated.
我们正处在制♥作♥的关键时期
We were at a pretty critical point in the production.
简单来说 我们要么尽快筹点钱
Basically we had to either raise some money relatively quickly,
要么就不得不停止制♥作♥
or we had to stop production,
或者说至少暂缓制♥作♥
or at least put production on hold.
这时 我的一个朋友来找我说
And at that point, a friend of mine came to me and said,
波兰 弗罗茨瓦夫
弗罗茨瓦夫是2016年的欧洲文化之都
Wroclaw is the European capital of culture in 2016.
作为欧洲文化之都的一份子
Maybe they would like to support the production
也许他们会愿意赞助制♥作♥
as part of the European capital of culture.
所以我去了弗罗茨瓦夫
So I went to Wroclaw.
我会见了市长

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!