但他说我是他的马 他下了赌注
But he said I was his horse he betted on.
纪梵希打电♥话♥时 我和李一起生活
I was living with Lee when Givenchy called
他以为他们想让他设计一个手提包
and he thought that they wanted him to design a handbag.
我就这样“哇哦 哇哦!”
And I’m like “WOW. WOW!”
“酷 伙计!”你知道?
“Cool man!” You know?
后来我记得
Next thing I know
他进来只是说
he comes in and he basically says
他们让他做纪梵希的创意总监
they’ve asked him to be creative director of Givenchy.
我就说 “你在逗我吧!”
And I was like, “You are kidding me!”
工作的时候他打电♥话♥给我 然后他说 “他们给了我份工作
He called me at work and then he said, “They’ve offered me this job.
“如果我搬去巴黎 你会跟我一起去吗?”
“If I move to Paris, will you come with me?”
我说 “是的 当然”
I was like, “Yeah, of course.”
这有些令人兴奋 也很可怕
It was sort of exciting and also quite scary as well
因为那时我们还在蜜月期
because it was still that honeymoon period of our relationship.
你为什么去纪梵希? 你已经创造了自己的品牌
Why did you go to Givenchy, having already created your own name,
也曾连续两次获得英国年度设计师奖
having won British Designer of the Year twice in a row?
就一个原因 有钱真好
For one reason, the money was good.
但我怎么花的纪梵希的钱呢?
But what do I do with the money from Givenchy?
我把钱直接投到“麦昆” 这让我可以为“麦昆”雇用员工
I put it straight back into McQueen. It helps me employ people for McQueen
建立自己的公♥司♥
to build my own company up.
他带去纪梵希都是非常有才华的人
Very talented people that he brought with him to Givenchy.
多棒的团队!
What a team!
他告诉我 “我需要一个团队跟我合作
He told me, “I will need a team to work with me
“所以我在想你
“so I was thinking of you.
“所以 考虑一下 告诉我”
“So, think about it and let me know.”
没什么可考虑的 当然 我会接受这份工作
There’s nothing to think about. Of course, I’ll take the job.
我们从城市机场乘飞机
We took an aeroplane from City Airport.
我们是飞机上最奇怪的人 其他都是商人
We were the weirdest people in the plane. It was all businessmen.
我们穿着做旧的牛仔裤
And we were there with our bleached jeans,
有很多意见
with a lot of attitude.
你在哪里找到这个? 在日本的时候
Where did you find this? In Japan.
真的? – 是啊
Really? – Yeah.
(麦昆法语喃喃自语)
(McQueen mumbling in French)
哦 哦! – (麦昆说法语)
Oh, oh! -(McQueen speaks French)
当时非常兴奋 想象在那个年纪
There was huge excitement. Cos imagine being that age
担当那样的职责
and you’re being given that amount of, one, responsibility
还有那么多钱
and also that amount of money.
雕像!
Statue!
有塞巴斯蒂安·庞斯
There’s Sebastién Pons.
你好 塞巴斯蒂安!
Hello, Sebastién!
出汗的腋窝 – 来吧!
Sweaty armpits. – Come on!
天啊 你的补丁已经湿了
God, you’ve got wet patches.
我觉得在麦昆工作室我有点像蓬松头
I think that in the McQueen studio I was a little bit like the bouffant
因为在那里我很有趣
because I was the funny one there.
他们取笑我的口音
They were taking the piss out of my accent.
西班牙蓬松头上了英国法庭
A Spanish bouffant in a British court.
西蒙·科斯丁
Simon Costin.
天啊 你今天看起来相当邋遢
God, you’re looking fairly gross today.
我把自己视为融合环境的人
I saw myself as the person that put things into context.
舞台应该表现出
The set was always there to reflect
作品那种说不出的故事
the sort of untold story of the collection.
有凯蒂 当然 凯蒂·英格兰
There was Katy, of course, Katy England.
凯蒂是麦昆最重要的成员
Katy’s the most important part of McQueen.
请抬起镜头
Camera up, please.
她就像我的孪生伙伴
She’s the Tweedledee to my Tweedledum.
她激发了我的想象力
She fuels my imagination.
我帮忙研究作品
I help research the collection.
我 呃 我提醒他一些
I, erm, bring things to his attention
我认为对时尚很重要的东西
that I think might be important in fashion.
基本上 我总是在右手边
Basically, I’m always there at the right-hand side.
肖恩·利尼非常投入工作 制♥作♥珠宝
Shaun Leane was very much involved in the business, making jewellery.
你觉得怎么样? 嗯?
What do you think, eh?
跳支舞吗?
Fancy a dance?
对我来说这样的工作非常好
For me to do work like this is very good for me.
它让我从一个极端走向另一个极端
It allows me to go from one extreme to the other.
现在我要进入不同的领域 我要做身体饰品
And now I’m going into different areas. I’m working with body jewellery
它真的是一种雕塑形式
and it’s really going into a form of sculpture.
莎拉·伯顿
Sarah Burton.
莎拉是实习生
Sarah was the intern.
他看着我们
He looked at us
就像某种支柱
like the sort of pillars
让他感到安全
that would make him feel secure.
我们有这所非常漂亮的公♥寓♥
We had this really nice flat.
我很喜欢这个地方 我是说… 孚日广场 我说 你好?
I loved the area. I mean… Place des Vosges. I mean, hello?
哦 天啊 这太吓人了
Oh, God, that’s pretty scary.
现在想一想 那很小
Thinking about it now, it was tiny.
当我过来开始工作时
When I would come over to start working on the set,
我会在沙发上
I’d be on the sofa.
哦 哦!
Ooh, ooh!
塞巴斯蒂安!
Sebastién!
哦 注意语言!
Oh, language!
我总是最后睡在李的房♥间里
I always ended up sleeping in Lee’s room
因为李总是倒在沙发上
because Lee was always collapsing on the sofa.
李!
Lee!
你换了枕头 – 是的 很他妈对
You changed the pillows. – Yeah, fucking right.
我们有一个司机 所以我们坐车到处去
We had a driver so we got driven everywhere.
哦 等一下 他已经模糊了
Oh, wait a minute, he’s gone blurry.
好多了
That’s better.
向英格兰人♥民♥问好
Say hello to the people of England.
很有趣
Such fun.
我们可以做一些有趣的事
We can do some funny tricks.
你好 我在加速 宝贝
Hello, I’m on speed, baby.
当我们到纪梵希时
When we arrived at Givenchy,
那里的人都会
everybody was kind of like
向他低头致敬
bending their head to him
并称他为麦昆先生
and calling him Monsieur McQueen,
我们说 “他们叫你麦昆先生? 在这里?”
which was like, “They’re calling you Monsieur McQueen? Here?”
凯夫! 呜!
Cath! Woo-ooh!
当我们到那时 我认为他们感到震惊
When we arrived I think they were in shock.
我们的穿着方式 我们的工作方式
The way we dress, the way we work
还有我们讲的笑话
and the jokes we made.
显然那很华丽 有枝形吊灯
Obviously it was very grand, with chandeliers,
所以那与伦敦的工作环境截然不同
so it was very different from the working environment in London
以前是一个非常非常小的房♥间 混乱 到处都是东西
which was a very, very small room, chaotic, with stuff everywhere.
在这里我有自己的办公室
Here I have my own office.
我拿起电♥话♥ 就能得到我想要的东西
I pick up the phone and I get what I want.
因为我要它 要它 要它!
Cos I want it, I want it, I want it!
所以我要求它
So I ask for it.
我们就像一群在纪梵希跑来跑去的孩子
We was just like a bunch of young kids running about in Givenchy.
他们对选择你感到惊讶吗?
Were they surprised you were chosen?
好吧 我觉得得知是我的时候很多人晕过去了!
Well, I think that it put most people in a coma when I got chosen!
突然间 我们在那里
All of a sudden, we’re there,
坐在休伯特·德·纪梵希的房♥子里
sitting in Hubert De Givenchy’s house,
看着窗外 你看到了“巴黎世家”的标志
looking out the window and you see the Balenciaga sign
而且你知道 伊夫·圣洛朗在那里
and you knew that Yves Saint Laurent was there
还知道约翰·加利亚诺在那里
and knowing that John Galliano was there
在蒙田大道 只有几码的距离
at Avenue Montaigne, just a few yards from there.
我们和亚历山大·麦昆
And there we are with Alexander McQueen,
成了镇上的新话题
being the new talk of the town.
我觉得很特别
And I felt special.
他试图尽快适应那里
He was trying to find his feet there.
他显然不得不给人留下深刻的印象
He obviously had to make a huge impression
因为这是他的第一个系列
because it was his first collection.
我记得告诉李
I remember telling Lee,
“每个人都在看着我们 我们什么都没有”
“Everybody’s looking at us and we have nothing.”
他总是回答
And he always would answer,
“别担心 塞巴斯蒂安 我们会搞定它”
“Don’t worry, Sebastian, we’ll get it done.”
这是巴黎和巴黎的时尚 这是纪梵希 这不是麦昆
This is Paris and Paris chic. This is Givenchy, this is not McQueen.
要做优雅的西装 用极好的面料
This is where elegant suits are made and fantastic fabrics are used.
我是说 我自己的品牌“麦昆”
I mean, it’s going to take my own label, McQueen,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!