夏洛特
德伯家的苔丝
夏洛特
“亲爱的夏洛特
“Dear Charlotte.
“你说过你只是想了解我
“You’ve said you just want to know me.
“亲爱的 你一直都了解
“My dear, you always have.
“我只是一个男人
“I’m simply a man.
“也会有缺点
“Not without faults.
“特别是当你无法实现父亲
“That can happen when you’re not the son
“对你的期待时
“your father hoped you’d be,
“怨恨他的辱骂与鞭打
“despite his verbal abuse and beatings.
“你认为我照顾了你
“I know you think I took care of you
“你妈妈和伊莎贝尔
“and your mother and Izzy
“而你却没有什么可以回报
“and you gave me nothing in return.
“但你给了我生命中最重要的东西
“You gave me the most important thing life can offer.
“你给了我一个家
“You gave me a family.
“和爱
“And love.
亨利”
Henry.”
丘奇先生
Mr. Church?
亨利
Henry?
我在煎蛋和煮燕麦粥 妈妈
I’m making eggs and grits, Mama.
像丘奇先生那样
Like Mr. Church showed us.
看起来很美味
Oh, this looks so yummy.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
你可以摆一下桌吗
Can you set the table for us?
我拿碟子
I can get plates.
这是我的 这是你的
Okay, this will be for me. This will be for you.
你需要什么 你在加盐吗
What do you need? You’re adding a little salt.
芝士呢 你要芝士吗
What about cheese? You need cheese?
好的 -给
Yeah. -Yeah? Here you go.
再多点吗
More cheese?
我之前说未婚先孕
I was wrong when I said
是布鲁克斯家的传承
the legacy of the Brooks family
这大错特错
is having babies out of wedlock.
我们家的传承是丘奇先生
The legacy of this family is Mr. Church.
只要亨利·约瑟夫·丘奇想做的
Henry Joseph Church could have been anything
没有什么做不了
he wanted to be.
但他选择了当厨子
He chose to cook.
他说关键在于 爵士
The key, he said, jazz.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!