Not bad.
一生的经济保障
Total financial security
只要做6个月的饭就可以了
in exchange for six months of meals.
你得到了一个相当不错的差事 丘奇先生
So, you got yourself a pretty good deal, Mr. Church.
是的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
来啊
Come on.
嘿 夏丽
Hey, Charlie.
欧文·巴克斯特
Owen Baxter was by far
是目前为止 地球上
the most gorgeous 10-year-old boy
乃至整个宇宙中 最帅的10岁男孩
that ever breathed on this or any other planet.
相反地 我是
I, on the other hand,
地球乃至宇宙中最笨拙的
was about the most awkward 10-year-old girl
10岁女孩
on this or any other planet.
快 欧文
Come on, Owen.
这是什么
What is it?
谁知道
Who knows?
瞧你
Look at you,
午餐都带这么酷炫的三明治
already bringing fancy sandwiches to lunch,
有厨子的布鲁克斯小姐
Miss I Have a Cook Brooks.
我可以去看看他吗
Can I come see him?
我告诉过你 他要走了
I told you, he’s leaving.
也许已经走了
Probably gone already.
如果你不想要他 我要
Oh, if you don’t want him, I do.
我们的私立学校每年会免费接收一些学生
Our private school took a few charity cases a year.
我5岁那年 他们接收了
The year I turned five, it was me
我和我唯一的朋友珀比·塞谬尔斯
and Poppy Samuels, my one and only friend.
她与姐姐生活 因为她的父母
She lived with her sister because both of her folks
因一起失误的抢劫案在蹲牢子
were serving time in prison for a robbery gone wrong.
即使如此 她还是比我受欢迎
And even with that, she was more popular than me.
告诉你 夏丽
Tell you something, Charlie,
厨子可不是随手可得的
it’s not every day you get a cook.
有个男人在旁边帮帮你妈妈也不错
It might be nice having a man around to help your mama out.
我们一直很好
We’ve always done fine.
我们不需要男人 更不需要什么厨子
We don’t need a man, and we sure as hell don’t need a cook.
我姐姐说每个女人都需要一个男人
My sister says every woman needs a man.
有时候不止一个
Sometimes more than one.
你从哪儿弄来的这些
Where’d you get all that?
从我姐姐的梳妆台偷来的
Stole it from my sister’s dresser.
偷东西是我们塞谬尔斯家唯一擅长的事
Stealing’s the one thing us Samuels are good at.
进来吧
Yeah?
打扰了 夫人
Excuse me, ma’am.
我是时候要去市场了
I’m about to head out to the market.
好的
Okay. Um…
我们都在戈登的店买♥♥东西 没问题吧
We shop at Gordon’s. Is that all right?
没问题 -好的
Oh, yeah, that’s fine. -Yeah, yeah.
丘奇先生 如果你真要在我家当厨子
You know, Mr. Church, if we’re going to do this,
最起码让我给你钱
let me at least give you some money.
我只有12美元 但是
I’ve only got $12, but–
夫人 不用担心
Oh, ma’am, don’t worry about that.
坎农先生为我开了一个账户
Mr.Cannon opened up an account for me to draw off
供我买♥♥菜等等的
for marketing and such.
“等等”?
“And such?”
你的医疗费 房♥租 和药费
Well, your medical bills and rent and medicine.
接下来这6个月 承蒙坎农先生
That’s all taken care of, courtesy of Mr. Cannon
一切都打点好了
for the next six months.
根据他的估计
And what, in his estimation,
6个月的人生是怎样的呢
did six months of life come to?
您说什么 夫人
Beg your pardon, ma’am?
没什么
Never mind.
这样吧
You know what?
至少拿一些优♥惠♥券吧
At least take some coupons, you know?
我也不是完全帮不上忙的
I’m not completely helpless.
无伤大雅吧 -是的 完全无伤大雅
It couldn’t hurt. -Yeah, it couldn’t hurt at all.
好了
All right. Okay.
丘奇先生
Oh, Mr. Church, um…
夏丽不知道我有病
Charlie doesn’t know that I’m sick,
我也不想让她知道
and I’d like to keep it that way.
哦 如你所愿 夫人
Oh. As you wish, ma’am.
我很快回来 好吗
I’ll be back shortly, all right?
一共 43.32元 先生
All right, $43.32, sir.
稍等 我忘了还有优♥惠♥券
Hey, wait a minute, you know, I forgot all about these.
好的 我看看
Great. Let’s see.
一共37.83 先生
$37.83, sir.
所以我是省了6元吗 -是的 先生
So I saved about $6 there? -Yes, sir.
还不错啊
That’s not bad.
是的 先生
No, sir.
嘿 夏丽
Hey, Charlie.
嗨 拉森
Hi, Larson.
埃迪·拉森
Eddie Larson.
被强制终生只能乘坐公共交通工具
Forced to ride public transportation for the rest of his life.
因为在他拿到驾照后才一周
Just one week after getting his driver’s license,
就醉酒开着他的雪弗兰卡玛洛
he got drunk and crashed his Chevy Camaro
撞进霍华德夫妇家的客厅
into the living room of Mr. and Mrs. Howard,
撞死了他们4岁的儿子
killing their 4-year-old son.
在少年监狱待了3年
Spent three years in juvenile penitentiary,
毋庸置疑 这是他今后地狱般人生中
and no doubt the rest of his life in the worst hell of all,
最致命的一笔
the one between the eyes.
学校怎么样 夏丽
How’s… how’s school, Charlie?
我们有一个厨子
We have a cook.
什么 在学校吗
What, at the school?
在我家
At my house.
那还蛮酷的
Oh, yeah. That’s far out.
妈妈准备叫他离开
Mama’s going to tell him to leave.
为什么 谁不想要一个厨子
Why? Who wouldn’t want a cook?
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mama.
今天工作怎么样
So, how was work today?
很好
Good.
我去看了卡罗尔小姐的宝宝
I saw Miss Carol’s baby.
嘿 美女
Hey, gorgeous.
你没看见我有小孩吗
Can’t you see I’m with my child?
我看了卡罗尔小姐的宝宝 终于让他
I saw Miss Carol’s baby, and I finally got him
吃到母乳了
to latch on for feeding.
抱着那些婴儿
You know, holding those babies,
总让我想起第一次抱你的情景
it always makes me think of the first time I held you.
即使我只是个意外
Even if I was an accident.
你为什么要这么说
Why on Earth would you say that?
你♥爸♥爸才是意外
Your daddy was the accident.
你是我的奇迹
You, you’re my miracle.
我有多爱你?
How much do I love you?
很爱 -嗯
So much. -Mm-hmm.
如此非常地爱
So much.
那个厨子听到被解雇的消息是什么反应
So, how did the cook take the news he was fired?
哦 夫人 希望你不介意
Oh, ma’am, I hope you don’t mind.
我去到哪里都要带着书
I bring books with me every place I go,
而且我注意到你的书架是空的
and I noticed that your shelf was kind of empty.
他还在这儿 妈妈
He’s still here, Mama.
他为什么还在 -夏丽 我们稍后再谈
Why is he still here? -Charlie, we’ll discuss this later.
很好 是烹饪书吗
That’s great. Cookbooks, right?
不 不 夫人 不是烹饪书
Oh, no, no, ma’am. Not cookbooks.
我从不看关于烹饪的书
I never read books about cooking.
这些多数是小说和戏剧
These are mostly novels and plays and, you know,
像是卡波特和莎士比亚的
about people like Capote and Shakespeare.
还有希腊和阿加莎·克里斯蒂
Wow. And Greeks and Agatha Christie.
我觉得女孩大概会喜欢这本
And here’s one I think the girl might like.
秀兰·邓波尔的自传
Autobiography of Shirley Temple.
《好船棒棒糖号♥》
Good Ship Lollipop.
我讨厌看书
I hate reading.
夏丽
Charlie!
那真可惜 因为没什么比得上
Oh, that is a shame, because there’s nothing like
一个好故事
a really good story.
留着你的蠢书 -够了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!