You know, things that you could forget about after a day or two.
往往是一些过几天就会忘掉的小事
Did you ever think about how one little choice could change a whole life?
一个小小的选择往往能改变一生
I heard Hitler’s mother wanted to abort him.
希♥特♥勒♥的母亲本来想堕胎
At the last minute, she changed her mind.
却临时变卦
See what I mean?
懂我在说什么吗
What do you mean, Jimmy?
什么意思
What if you or I had gotten into that car instead of Dave Boyle?
如果当初换成是我们上车呢
What car? You’re losing me here.
上什么车 我不懂
If I’d gotten into that car that day, my life would have been a different thing.
如果是我上了车 我的人生会完全不同
My first wife, Marita, Katie’s mother…
我的元配玛瑞塔 凯蒂的妈
…she was a beautiful woman.
她很美
Regal.
高不可攀
As a lot of Latin women are, and she knew it.
拉丁女人都那样
You had to have balls to go near her, and I did.
我很有种的追了她
Eighteen years old, the two of us. She was carrying Katie.
我们才十八岁 她就怀了凯蒂
Now, here’s the thing, Sean.
所以说
If I’d gotten into that car, I’d be a basket case.
要是我上了车 成了废人
I never would have had the juice to go near her.
我会不敢追她
And Katie never would have been born.
凯蒂就不会出生
And she never would have been murdered. You know?
也不会被杀害
You ever see Dave around? He married my cousin Celeste.
你和戴维有来往吗 他娶了我表妹瑟莱丝
What time did Katie get home from work yesterday?
凯蒂昨天几点从店里回家
Around 7:30.
大约七点半
Anything unusual, out of the way about her?
有没有什么不寻常
No. She sat with us, with me and the girls, while we ate.
没有 她坐在餐桌旁看我们吃饭
She was having dinner with her friends.
她等着和朋友出去
Eve Pigeon and Diane Cestra? Yeah.
伊芙·琵真和黛安·赛斯卓 对
She talked to Nadine about her Communion…
她跟奈婷聊领圣餐的事
…and then she was on the phone in her room for a bit.
然后回房♥讲了一下电♥话♥
And then around 8, she left.
八点就出门了
Do you know who she talked to? No.
她和谁讲电♥话♥ 不知道
Do you mind if we have the phone company subpoenaed for records?
我们可以调阅通联纪录吗
No, go ahead. Good.
请便 那好
You say you spent most of the day Saturday with your daughter in the store, correct?
你星期六都和她在店里 对吧
Yes and no. I was mostly in back.
对也不对 我都在办公室
Anything odd? A confrontation with a customer, anything?
她有没有和顾客起冲突什么的
No, she was herself, she was happy. She…
没有 她很正常开朗 她
She what?
她怎样
It’s nothing.
没什么
Listen, the littlest thing could be something right now.
再小的事都很可能是关键
It’s just that when she was little, right after her mother died…
她小的时候 她妈刚死
…I had just gotten out of prison, she couldn’t be by herself.
我刚出狱 她很需要人陪
Whether she was crying or not, it didn’t matter…
不管有没有在哭
…but she gave a look sometimes, like she was preparing to never see you again.
都会露出一付要和你永别的眼神
For a couple of seconds on Saturday, she looked at me that way.
星期六她就露出了那种眼神
Okay. It was just a look.
好 只是一个眼神
It’s information. We collect it, put it together, see what fits. Little things.
这也是线索 我们搜集线索 加以拼凑整合
You were in prison?
你说你坐过牢
Oh, Jesus. Here we go.
天啊 来了
Whitey. I’m just asking.
惠提 我只是问问
Sixteen years ago, I did a two-year bit for robbery at Deer Island.
十六年前我因为抢劫坐过两年牢
Is that gonna find my daughter’s killer? Just asking.
这对案情有帮助吗 我只是问问
Let’s forget about that. Let’s get back to the point.
别管这个 回头讲重点
Sorry. It’s all right. It’s all right.
对不起 没关系
Okay, Mr. Markum.
好吧 马肯先生
Okay. Okay. All right. So, Jimmy…
好吧 好吧 吉米
…outside of the look Katie gave you, was there anything else?
除了那个眼神 还有什么吗
There was this kid.
有一个男生
What am I talking about? That was this morning.
不对 那是早上的事
What? Remember, it’s the little things.
什么 关键都在小事
This kid Brendan Harris come in the store, like he was expecting to see her.
有个布兰登·哈里斯好像想见她
Barely knew each other. Could they have been dating?
但他们不熟 他们会不会在交往
No. What makes you so sure?
不会 你确定吗
Sean, are you gonna grill me? A father knows.
有问题吗 做老爸的当然知道
Mrs. Markum, was Katie seeing anyone?
马肯太太 凯蒂有男朋友吗
No one right now, as far as we know.
据我们所知 目前没有
I mean, knew. I’ll give you whatever you need tomorrow.
我是说死前 明天再谈
We got girls at home wanting to know where their sister is.
小女儿们还在等姐姐的消息
All right, there will be a trooper downstairs to take you home.
好 楼下有州警会送你们回去
And if you think of anything…
要是你想起任何事情
…anything at all, give us a call.
请通知我们
He said you almost got into a car when you were kids?
他说你们差点全上了那辆车
Shit. Me, Jimmy and a kid named Boyle were playing in front of my house.
那次我们在我家前面玩
This car came up and took Dave away.
有一辆车把戴维带走
Abduction? Yeah, guys pretending to be cops.
绑♥架♥ 对 他们假装是条子
Convinced Dave to get in the car, kept him for four days before he escaped.
把戴维骗上车 关了四天
They catch these guys? One died.
有捉到人吗 一个死了
The other got busted, went the noose route in his cell.
另一个在牢里自杀
Your pal Markum, the moment I laid eyes on him, I could tell he’d done time.
你老友一看就知道蹲过苦牢
They never lose that tension, it settles in their shoulders.
蹲过的人肩膀都很紧绷
He lost his daughter. That’s what’s in his shoulders.
也许是因为他刚失去女儿
No, that’s in his stomach. The tension in his shoulders, that’s prison.
那是在腹部 肩膀紧绷是坐过牢
Cause of death: the gunshot wound to the head, not the trauma from the beating.
致命伤应该是后脑的枪伤
What else? Her and her friends were barhopping.
还有呢 她和朋友逛夜店
We’re interviewing anyone who might have seen them.
喝了四家 我们正在侦讯证人
One other thing, the backpack in her car…
还有 背包里
…had pamphlets on Las Vegas and a list of Vegas hotels.
有赌城简介和饭店名单
It doesn’t sound like much.
线索好像不多
What do you say, Devine?
迪范 你说呢
We’ll get the guy, sir.
我们会逮到人的
That’s right. All right, let’s do it.
没错 好 开工吧
That’s the best you can come up with? It made him happy, didn’t it?
你没别的话好说吗 他很满意 不是吗
This is Sean.
我是西恩
Hello? Is it Lauren?
喂 是劳拉吗
You’re in Manhattan. I can tell by the traffic sounds.
你在曼哈顿吧 听车声就知道
Is he with you?
他也在吗
Is that the baby?
那是宝宝吗
Lauren, at least tell me her name.
好歹告诉我她的名字
Yeah, nice talking to you too.
我也聊得很愉快
Hey.
你好
Would it surprise you?
那吓到你了吗
Wouldn’t be the first time.
不是第一次了
Did you see that girl? Did you see that…?
你看到那个女孩了吗 你看到
Did you see her?
你看到她了吗
I heard a car hit something. Hit what? Another car?
我听到撞车的声音 撞到另一辆车吗
Oh, no, not loud like that. Like hitting the curb?
听起来不像 撞到路边
Yes, maybe.
也许吧
Then it stalled, and someone said, “Hi.”
然后熄火了 有人说:”嗨”
Someone said, “Hi”? “Hi.”
有人说”嗨” “嗨”
Then there was a loud crack.
然后是一声巨响
Could it have been a gunshot? Yes, maybe.
会不会是枪响 有可能
Did you look out your window, Mrs. Prior? Oh, no.
你有往外看吗 没有
I was in my dressing gown by then.
我当时穿着浴袍
I don’t look out the window in my dressing gown.
我从不♥穿♥浴袍向外张望
The voice you heard, was that a male or a female?
那个声音是男的还是女的
Female.
女人
I think.
应该是
It sounds like the girl knew the shooter. Yeah.
看来她认识凶手 对
Sorry to trouble you.
打扰了
Jimmy. Theo.
吉米 西奥
How’s my daughter? How’s Annabeth holding up?
我女儿还好吗 安娜贝丝还好吗
She’s trying. Let’s get these on ice.
还好 去弄冰
You got a couple of coolers?
你有冰桶吧
Right here’s fine.
这里就可以了
So how are you handling all this so far?
你目前都还好吧
It hasn’t really sunk in, Theo. Yeah?
这一切好像不是真的 是吗
It’s gonna hurt like hell when it does.
之后会很痛苦
When my Janey died, I was no good for six months…
我老婆死时 我消沉了半年
…but my kids were all grown up. I had that luxury.
幸好我的孩子都大了
You, you got domestic responsibilities.
而你还有家庭责任

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!