Tell you what, we take you back to the house we picked you up at,
你能顺着你昨晚的路往回走吗
you think you could backtrack from there?
我可以试试
I could try.
好 你试试 我们出发吧
Okay, then, you try. Let’s go.
就你所说 那些人没有枪
It’s my understanding these fellas didn’t have any guns.
没有
No.
好吧
All right.
让我理一理 你说有个叫卢的人
So let me get this straight, you say some fella named Lou
把车开进灌木丛 然后就把你扔那儿了
just drove you out into the brush and left you there?
-不 是他强迫我开的 -他强迫你开
– No, he made me drive. – He made you drive.
然后当你准备往出走的时候
And then when you started to walk out,
你又看到他们过来了
you saw ’em coming in again.
-对 -他们开的谁的车
– Yes. – Hmm. Whose car were they in?
我觉得是我的
I think it was mine.
你觉得 你为什么这么觉得
You think? What makes you think that?
车的外形 还有声音像是我的车
By the look of it and the sound of it. It sounded like my car.
你能在晚上看到他们吗
Could you see ’em in the dark?
-不太看得清 -他们说了什么吗
– Not very well. – Did they say anything?
他们说 先生 你老婆想你
They said, “Mister, your wife wants you.”
你没过去 你为什么没过去
You didn’t go to ’em. Why didn’t you go to ’em?
我不知道为什么 我只是…
I don’t know why I didn’t go. I was…
好吧
Okay.
从这儿开始你带路行吗
Can you take it from here?
我在高速路上走了很长时间
Yeah, I came down the highway and I walked for a long time,
因为没人停车载我
’cause no one stopped for me.
警官 顺着路边慢慢倒车
Sergeant, back up slowly down the shoulder.
把信♥号♥♥灯打开
Put your signal lights on.
停车 停车
Stop the car. Stop the car!
我是从那个铁丝栅栏爬出来的
I came out of that barbwire fence right there.
这个反光镜旁边 我记得
Right by the reflector. I remember that.
那下车吧 你说你是走出来的对吧
Let’s get out and walk. You said you walked out, right?
我从 从这里出来的
I came up… I came up right here,
沿着那边的的干河道走到这儿
’cause I walked along that arroyo over there.
这里曾经是瓦尔德斯的地方
This is part of the old Valdes place.
往下走有个旧农场
There’s an old cattle station down that way a bit
旁边是他们烧垃圾的地方
next to where they burn their garbage.
这条路能直通那里
This road leads to it.
她没事吧
Is she all right?
妈妈 是你吗 没事吧
Mom? Is that you? Is everything all right?
没事 我只是想听听你的声音
Yeah, yeah, it’s fine. I just wanted to hear your voice.
我想你了
I miss you.
你把我弄醒了 我还在睡觉
You woke me up. I’m still in bed.
现在是星期天早上 妈妈
It’s Sunday morning, Mom.
晚点打给你行吗
Can I call you later?
好的 晚点打给我 睡吧 亲爱的
Yeah. Yeah, call me later. Go back to bed, sweetheart.
你听起来有点怪 你没事吧
You sound weird. Are you okay?
我没事 没事
I’m fine. I’m fine.
睡吧
Go back to bed.
我爱你
I love you.
我也是
Me too.
-我晚点打给你 -好的
– I’ll call you later. – Okay.
爱德华 爱德华
Edward? Edward?
-嗨 -苏珊
– Hi. – Susan.
-你好 -过得好吗
– Hi. God. – How are you?
-见到熟人真高兴 -真开心能见到你
– It’s good to see someone I know. – It’s good to see you.
你还是一如往常般美丽
You look beautiful, as always.
你来纽约干什么
What are you doing in New York City?
我申请了哥伦比亚大学的奖学金 来面试
I’m here for an interview for a scholarship at Columbia.
哥大吗 我以为你在得州大学进修
Columbia? I thought that you were at the University of Texas
要成为大作家呢
becoming a great writer.
大作家吗 不不 我可不行
A great writer? I mean, I don’t… I don’t think so.
好吧 我确实是这么想的
Well, I am…
你不是该在耶鲁大学进修 做个大艺术家吗
But aren’t you at Yale becoming a great artist?
我从耶鲁毕业了 现在哥大攻读硕士学位
Graduated Yale, but I’m at Columbia getting my master’s degree.
-艺术史专业 -真棒
– Yeah, art history. – That’s great.
你在纽约还有熟人吗
Listen, do you know anybody else in New York?
-就你一个 -只有我
– Just you. – Just me.
要一起吃个晚饭吗
Okay, well, would you like to go to dinner?
-当然好啊 -好
– Absolutely. – Okay.
太好了 先让我…
Okay, great. Just let me…
我先把东西拿回公♥寓♥
Just let me drop off my packages at my apartment.
好 需要我来提吗 我可以的
All right, do you want me to grab them for you? I can hold that.
太好了 谢谢你 真怀念得州绅士啊
Yeah, great. Thank you. Oh… I miss Texas men.
-得州可没有这种暴风雪 -是啊
– You don’t have blizzards like this in Texas. – No, you don’t.
你知道在黑斯廷斯时 你是我的初恋吗
You know that you were my first crush when we were at Hastings?
为了接近你
I only spent so much time
我只能不断围着你哥哥转
around your brother just to be around you.
你是他的初恋
Well, you were his first crush.
-什么 -是啊
– What? – Yeah.
我不知道库博是同性恋
Well, I had no idea Cooper was gay.
我想他自己也不清楚 但就是被你吸引了
I don’t think he knew back then, but he was obsessed with you.
要不是发现了你一直在盯着我看
If I hadn’t caught you staring at me so much,
估计我会以为你和他睡了
I would have thought you were sleeping with him.
我…好愧疚
I, actually… I feel terrible.
我好几年没联♥系♥他了
I haven’t called him in a few years.
我真是个糟糕的朋友 希望没伤害到他
I feel like I’ve been a bad friend. I hope I didn’t hurt him.
你是个好人 知道吗
You’re good, you know that?
你确实是 大多数人如果发现
No, you are. Most guys would have freaked out
好朋友爱上自己后都会吓个半死
if they found out their best friend was in love with them.
而你太贴心了
You’re very sweet.
你应该打个电♥话♥给他 他会很高兴的
You should call him. He would like that.
我爸妈已经和他断绝关系
My parents have basically disowned him.
他们都不怎么联♥系♥了
They’re not really talking anymore.
-为什么 -你逗我吗
– Why? – Why? Are you serious?
你了解我爸妈 不是吗
Well, you know my parents, right?
虔诚保守 信教 种族歧视 性别歧视
They’re religious, conservative, sexist, racist,
功利又自以为是 各种歧视 支持共和党
Republican, materialistic, narcissistic, racist.
我可以一直说下去
I could keep going…
我想知道你到底在想什么 苏珊
I’m just wondering what you really think, Susan.
你说得对 我知道
It’s true, I know.
但他们只把我们当成自己的复刻板
But they just see us as a reflection of themselves,
所以才不肯接受真实的库博
so they can’t accept Cooper for who he is.
我不知道该如何和他们相处
I’m not sure how I’m gonna fare.
-你是不是对他们过于苛刻了 -没
– Aren’t you being a little hard on them? – No.
他们希望我按照他们那套陈旧的思想去生活
They have an antiquated idea of how I should live my life.
特别是我妈
Especially my mother.
我懂 我一直都很喜欢你妈
I understand. I’ve always loved your mom.
-是吗 -是啊
– Really? – Oh, yeah.
自从我爸死后 她对我很好
She was great with me when my dad died.
你俩眼中带有同样的忧伤
You both have the same kind of sadness in your eyes.
-什么 -你和你母亲
– What? – You and your mother.
你这么说好奇怪 爱德华
That is a weird thing to say, Edward.
抱歉 无意冒犯
Oh, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to offend you.
只是… 我总觉得她很难过
I just… She just always seemed sad to me.
她的眼神很哀伤
She has sad eyes.
自打小时候我就这么觉得了
And I’ve thought that since I was a little boy.
你的眼睛也一样
You have the same eyes.
都很漂亮
They’re beautiful.
别再说我像我妈了好吗 我不想像她
Just don’t say I’m like my mom, okay? I don’t wanna be like her.
有趣的是 我一直很羡慕你的家庭
It’s funny, ’cause I always envied your family.
在学校里 我觉得自己非常虚伪
I felt like such an impostor at school.
你也这么认为吗 我以为只有我这么想
You did? I thought I was the only one who felt like that.
-你也是 -对啊
– You? – Yeah.
我太执着于使自己完美无瑕
I was so busy trying to be perfect and…
-但你觉得自己并非如此 -是啊
– And you don’t feel that way? – No.
这就是你如此完美的原因了
That’s exactly what makes you so perfect.
你肯定会成为一位优秀的小说家
You are gonna be a great novelist,
因为你已经
’cause you have created a
在自己的脑海里虚构了一个角色
fictitious character in your head about…
-不是的 -就是
– No. – Yes.
-不是的 -就是如此

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!