I’m sorry I lost my cool with you.
通常只有穷凶极恶的人才会惹火我
Usually it takes a man to bring out the heinous bitch in me.
我跟奥斯卡…
Oscar and I…
很可能…你知道 要分道扬镳了
It’s probably it, you know, the dagger and all.
他已经离开了
He’s gone. He left.
我们商量了 他想跟艾莉森一起
We had it out, and he went to go stay with Allison
所以她也离开我了
’cause we had to send her away, too.
艾莉森是个很好的孩子
Allison’s a great kid.
她很懂事
She seems very grounded.
你怎么知道? 你也调查过她的背景?
How do you know her? You been digging in her past, too?
不 不 我是爱心妈妈
No. No, I’m a room mother.
爱心妈妈? 天啊 那个活儿可挣钱了
Room mother? Man. You should get hazard pay for that.
我每两周会去学校给孩子们读故事书
I come in once every two weeks to read to the kids.
这很有意思
It’s a big production.
- 妈妈?u3000- 我很喜欢
- Mom?u3000- I love it.
我在外面 提米!
I’m outside, Timmy!
我能为你做什么吗?
What can I do for you?
我知道你不会告诉我你的情报人
I know you can’t tell me who your source is.
我尊重你的选择 好吗?
I respect that. Okay?
我知道遵守秘密
I know about keeping secrets.
就告诉我是或者不是 好吗? …
Just tell me yes or no. All right? Is…
是跟我亲近的人吗?
Is it someone close to me?
是?
Is it?
跟我一起工作的人?
Is it someone I work with?
我什么都不能跟你说
I can’t tell you anything.
你知道吗?
You know what?
当你面对大陪审团的时候 你会开口的
When you go before the grand jury, you will have to speak.
- 你这是不爱国的行为…u3000- 好吧
- You are an unpatriotic little cunt…u3000- Okay.
…你会为此受到严厉惩罚的
…who’s gonna walk right off the plank into the bowels of hell.
- 你知道吗?u3000- 我每天都能听到这话
- Do you know that?u3000- I hear that every day.
如果你想要做正式采访 我们可以给你安排空挡
If you want to go on record, we’ll give you amazing placement.
谢谢你
Thank you.
- 什么?u3000- 你好 范·多伦夫人
- What?u3000- Hi, Mrs. Van Doren.
嗨 小帅哥 你好吗?
Hello, handsome. How are you?
艾莉森怎么了?
How’s Allison doing?
她这些天都没有去上学 她生病了吗?
She hasn’t been in school. Is she sick?
不 不 不 她很好 她…
No, no, no. She is great. She’s…
她不过是去亲戚那里玩了
She’s just spending time with a relative.
- 能代我向她问好吗?u3000- 好的 当然会
- Can you tell her I said hi?u3000- You bet. Yes, I will.
10月11日
是有人敲门吗?
Is it the door?
什么事?
Yeah?
- 我们找瑞秋·阿姆斯特朗?u3000- 你们要干嘛?
- Rachel Armstrong?u3000- What do you need?
我是来带你走的 女士
I’m here to serve you, ma’am.
我都来不及打印出来就赶过来了(10月12日)
I just barely had time to type that up and get over here.
- 这样可以吗? 说得通吗?u3000- 可以
- Is it okay? Does it make sense to you?u3000- Yeah.
我记得这种审讯一般是很慢的
I thought the law was supposed to move slowly?
除非是紧要关头
Except for when it doesn’t.
这件事太扯了
Hey, this is all bullshit,
大半夜闯进你家
barging in on you in the middle of the night,
把你带到Mayflower
dragging you into the Mayflower,
分明是威胁你
it’s all just meant to intimidate you.
他们确实吓到我了
It’s working.
- 别让他们的威胁真的吓到你 好吗?u3000- 好的
- Well, don’t let it intimidate you. Okay?u3000- Okay.
你会没事的
You’re gonna be fine.
阿姆斯特朗小姐
Miss Armstrong.
我会在大厅等你
Okay, I’ll be down in the lobby.
- 好的u3000- 别担心
- Okay.- u3000Don’t worry.
瑞秋·爱丽丝·阿姆斯特朗
Rachel Alice Armstrong.
家住华盛顿崔尼大街15号♥
15 Trinity Pass, Washington, D.C.
谢谢 那么 阿姆斯特朗小姐
Thanks. Okay, Miss Armstrong.
你在太阳报社
You work as a reporter
当记者 是吗?
for the Capital Sun Times, is that correct?
是的
Yes.
负责报导国家政♥治♥的通讯员 是吗?
As the national political correspondent, is that right?
- 是的 我是其中之一u3000- 好的
- I am, yes. One of them.u3000- Okay, good.
好吧 看来我对付的不仅是你一个
Okay, great. I’m batting a thousand.
前几天你写了篇报道 就在这
You wrote an article a few days ago, here,
你爆料说艾瑞卡·范·多伦
in which you revealed Erica Van Doren,
也就是美国前大使奥斯卡·范·多伦的妻子
married to the former US ambassador, Oscar Van Doren,
说她是一名CIA的秘密特工
that she was a covert CIA operative.
是的 我写了
I did, yes.
你对这篇报道的真实性有信心吗?
And you feel confident with this story’s veracity?
是的 百分百确信
I do, 100%.
你的信息来源于哪里?
Who was your source?
- 阿姆斯特朗小姐u3000- 不好意思 请稍等
- Miss Armstrong…u3000- One second. I’m sorry.
根据第一修正案及联邦法案
‘I respectfully refuse to answer that question
由于这将侵犯我的权利为由
‘on the grounds that it would violate my rights
我拒绝回答这个问题
‘under the First Amendment and federal common law.’
你知不知道任何一个知晓
You’re aware that anybody with official knowledge
CIA特工身份的人
of the identity of a CIA operative
根据法律都是禁止泄露其特工身份的?
is forbidden by law to release that information?
是的 我知道
I am, yes.
那么 谁给你提供的信息
So, who was your source?
我不能说
I can’t reveal my source…
那好 阿姆斯特朗小姐
Okay, look, Miss Armstrong.
这是很严肃的事情
This is a very serious matter.
我希望你可以花时间考虑下
I want you to take your time.
我们休息一下 然后1点半接着开始
We’re gonna take a recess and come back at, say, 1:30.
我希望你可以回家和家人谈谈
I want you to go home. I want you to talk to your family.
和你的编辑谈谈 可以吗
I want you to talk to your editor. Okay?
然后我希望你可以和你的情报人谈谈
And then I want you to talk to your source.
仔细考虑下
Mull it over and see if you all think
你是否值得背上藐视法庭的罪名
this is worth a contempt citation,
然后我们继续审理
and then we’re gonna reconvene,
然后我会再问你这个问题
and then I’m going to ask you again.
我不会让你太紧张的
I wouldn’t hold your breath.
我想我不是那个应该紧张的人
Well, I’m not the one that’ll need to hold my breath.
那好吧 大家听着
Okay, everybody,
我们现在休息一下 1点半再继续
we’re gonna break it up. We’ll come back at 1:30.
- 你在CIA多久了?u3000- 范多伦女士
- How long have you been in the CIA?u3000- Ms. Van Doren…
查理说 ‘我也能来吗?’
‘Can I come too?’ asked Charlie.
‘我保证我什么都会帮你抓的’ 他说
‘I promise to help you catch whatever it is,’ he said.
‘来吧’ 路希和安妮外婆说
‘Come on,’ said Ruthie Joe and Granny Annie.
于是他们经过小桥
‘So off they went across the bridge…’
我应该没迟到吧
My watch says I’m early.
我们只是觉得
We just feel like
现在你和孩子们在一起不太合适
this is not the best time for you to be with the kids.
只是因为
It’s just that,
我们并不善于对付
you know, we’re really not
那么多疯狂的记者
equipped to deal with a lot of craziness.
好的
Okay.
我知道这很愚蠢
I think it’s idiotic, is what it is.
我理解 这些媒体真是一场噩梦
I understand, the press can be a nightmare.
也许你离开一段时间
Maybe if you were to stay away for a while,
他们也会离开的
then they would go away.
我希望我们能解决这个问题 杰瑞
I hope we can work this out, Jerry.
我真的很想给孩子们读故事
I really look forward to reading to the kids.
我也很擅长这个 我能模仿各种声音
I mean, I’m pretty good at it, too. I do all the little voices.
是的 那么
You are. So…
你打算什么时候让艾莉森回来上学
When were you planning on bringing Ali back to school?
我不知道 我不肯定
I don’t know. I’m not sure.
我明白了 好吧
I see. Okay.
杰瑞 你是说她不能回来上学了吗?
Are you saying that she can’t come back, Jerry?
- 中饭吃得好吗?u3000- 很好 谢谢
- How was your lunch?u3000- Terrific. Thank you.
- 是吗 你吃了什么u3000- 我 其实我什么都没吃
- Yeah, what’d you have?u3000- I actually didn’t have anything.
真的吗?
Really?
真希望能有和你一样强的精神
I wish I had your will power.
阿姆斯特朗小姐 谁是你的情报人
Your source, Miss Armstrong, who is it?

Hey.
怎么样?
Well? How did it go?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!