而世界的每一个角落
And anywhere in the world,
都有人能看到同样的景象
someone could look up and see exactly what I saw.
那时我第一次感到煤林并不是与世隔绝的
For once, it felt like Coalwood was part of the outside world.
霍默 相信我 世上比煤林糟的地方比比皆是
Homer, believe me, there are much worse places than Coalwood in this world.
这不过是一块飞在天上的铁砣子罢了
Besides, this is just a flying piece of steel.
它是由火箭运载上天的 柏科夫斯基先生
You know, a rocket took it up there, Mr. Bykovsky.
怎么说呢 我
I don’t know. I…
当我研究怎么造火箭的时候 感觉就像
When I was workin’ on this rocket, I felt like,
就像自己是沃纳·冯·布劳恩一样
I felt like I was, like I was Wernher von Braun.
给我瞧瞧
Let me see.
霍默 这是咱俩的秘密
Homer, it will be our secret.
柏科夫斯基先生焊接的功夫真不是盖的
Mr. Bykovsky did a dang good job on this.
他焊接时只用了一个垫圈
Yeah, well, he used a washer for the weld.
-这简直和图片上一模一样 -干得漂亮
– Man, it looks just like it did in the picture. – Prodigious.
我们什么时候把它发射上天
When, uh, when do we go?
-周六吧 -给我
– Uh, Saturday… – Give me that.
这是什么 武器吗
What is this, a weapon of some kind?
不 先生 这是枚火箭
No, sir. It’s a, it’s a rocket.
学生禁止带危险物品进入校区
I don’t allow dangerous devices on school grounds.
特纳先生 是我让霍默带来的
Mr. Turner, I asked Homer to bring that to school.
在班里展示
To show it in class.
这几个孩子准备参加郡里的科学展览
You know, the boys are thinkin’ about enterin’ that county science fair.
注意安全 小伙子们 我盯着你们呢
Be careful, gentlemen. I’m gonna have my eye on you.
谢谢 特纳先生
Thank you, Mr. Turner.
郡科学展的裁判都是韦尔奇中学的人
That science fair is rigged. All the judges are from Welch,
得奖的也都是韦尔奇中学的学生
so only the kids from Welch ever win.
而且只有书呆子才会去参加科学展览
And besides, science fairs are for geeks.
无意冒犯 昆汀
No offense, Quentin.
要是这么想就太糟糕了
Well, it’s too bad you feel that way.
今年的获胜者可以晋级
You know, the winners go on to
在印第安纳波利斯举办的国家科技展览
the National Science Fair in Indianapolis,
到时全国的大学都会抢着提供奖学金
and colleges from all over the country hand out scholarships.
真的很棒 午餐愉快 孩子们
It’s great. Have a good lunch, boys.
在科学展览里获奖就有大学提供奖学金
College scholarships for winning a science fair?
或许并不适合你
Well, maybe it’s not for you.
-为什么啊 -霍默 你的思维很开阔
– W-W-Well, what do you mean? – Homer, you got a great mind.
但科学也需要数学的能力
But science requires math,
而你从来就没对数学上过心
which has never been one of your favorite subjects.
光靠做梦是没法离开煤林的 霍默
Can’t just dream your way out of Coalwood, Homer.
海雀一号♥ 真有才 霍默
Auk I. Stroke of genius, Homer.
总得有人点火它才能飞起来
It won’t fly unless somebody lights the fuse.
海雀是什么玩意儿
What the hell is auk?
一种不会飞的鸟
It’s a bird that don’t fly.
像鹦鹉那样的吗
What, kind of like a parakeet?
准备好了吗
Ready?
扬斯敦为美国俄亥俄州东北部城市
扬斯敦的上级处事一向公正 奥蒂斯
Well, Youngstown’s always been fair, Otis,
但你让我解雇镇里将近半数的工人
But you’re askin’ me to lay off damn near half the town.
这里的煤矿产量
The mine is just not producin’
已经不比十年之前了 约翰
the way it was ten years ago, John.
一样的工薪只能收获以往一半的煤矿
We’re payin’the same labor for half the tonnage.
再开一口矿井怎么样
What if we were to open up a new shaft?
地底下仍然有煤 奥蒂斯
That coal is down there, Otis.
让我带人接着挖就好
You just, you just let me go after it.
煤林的煤矿已经告竭了 希卡姆先生
The Coalwood mine is givin’ out, Mr. Hickam.
快过来
Move!
十 九 八
Ten, nine, eight,
七 六 五
seven, six, five,
四 三 二
four, three, two…
该死 它朝着矿区飞过去了
Uh-oh. Holy shit, it’s headed for the mine!
我就说我们根本是在瞎搞
I told you we didn’t know what we were doin’!
-我就说 -不 不
– I told you! – Oh, no. Oh, no.
-难以置信 -过去看看
– I don’t believe this. – Go ahead.
老天爷 我还以为是枚导弹呢
God in heaven, I thought it was a guided missile!
还说该死的老♥毛♥子又打过来了
I thought the damn Russians were attackin’us.
这孩子麻烦大了
The boy’s in trouble now.
这就是你在地下室里捣鼓的东西吧
So this is what you been up to in the basement, huh?
-是的 爸爸 -该死 霍默
– Yes, sir. – Damn, Homer.
这破玩意儿差点害死人
You could’ve killed somebody with this idiot thing.
我知道 爸 抱歉 我本要…
I know, sir. I’m sorry. I was…
没看出霍默想当火箭学家呢 约翰
Well, Homer here wants to be a rocket scientist. Is that it, John?
他才不知道自己想干什么
He has no idea what he wants to be.
但我知道 他就是个惹事精
But I know what he is. He’s a menace,
还是个该死的小偷
and he’s a damn thief.
-爸 -那个帮你的人也一样
– Dad… – And so is whoever helped you.
艾克·柏科夫斯基帮你焊的对吧
Ike Bykovsky did this, didn’t he?
别再让我在公♥司♥的领地内
Don’t you ever let me catch you
逮着你们捣鼓这破烂玩意儿 听见没
with these fool things on company property again, you understand me?
-是 爸爸 -回家去吧
– Yes, sir. – Then go home.
你在几号♥隧♥道♥
Yeah? What’s your tunnel number?
妈 他当着大家的面管我叫小偷
He called me a thief, Mum, in front of everybody.
-他怎么能这样 -他这么叫你是不对
– I mean, how could he do that? – He was dead wrong callin’ you that.
他从没对吉姆这样过
He’d never have done that to Jim.
假如吉姆抢了公♥司♥的商店
They could catch Jim stickin’ up the company store,
爸估计还会笑着赞道”不愧是我的儿子”
and Dad would probably laugh and say, “That’s my boy.”
有些方面他就是死脑筋 霍默
I know he’s hard to understand sometimes, Homer,
但你要知道他是爱你的
but you have to know he loves you.
对他来说煤矿重于一切
He loves the mine
比吉姆还重要
more than Jim even.
-比你还重要 -住口
– More than you. – You hush up.
但煤矿给了他什么呢
What’s it given him back?
只有肺部那铜板大小的阴影
Nothin’ but a spot on his lung the size of a damn quarter.
你才不懂煤矿给了我什么
You don’t know what the mine gives me.
你不懂 因为你还是个孩子
You don’t know ’cause you’re still a boy.
不过你很快就会明白的
But, by golly, you’re gonna find out soon enough.
我才不会下到矿井里去
I’m never goin’ down there.
你最好和你儿子谈谈 艾希
You better have a talk with your son, Elsie,
他实在太不像话了
’cause he’s out of control.
-我造火箭的材料呢 -在该在的地方
– Where’s my rocket stuff? – Right where they belong.
昆汀 那火箭飞了大概有一百英尺高
Quentin, you know, that rocket went up at least 100 feet.
应该有两百英尺了吧
More like 200.
-能消停会儿吗 罗伊·李 -去死吧 王八蛋
– Man, will you cut it out, Roy Lee? – Die, you son of a bitch.
-给我 该我了 -搞什么 怎么了你
– Come on. My turn now. – Hey, man. What’s with you?
我们该想想怎么才能晋级科学展
Man, we should be tryin’ to get in that science fair
而不是像乡巴佬似的坐在这儿无所事事
instead of sittin’ around here like a bunch of hillbillies.
告诉你个坏消息 霍默
I got some really bad news for you, Homer.
我们本来就是乡巴佬
We are a bunch of hillbillies.
而且你♥爸♥不是说不准再造火箭了吗
Besides, um, didn’t your dad say no more rockets?
不 他只说禁止在公♥司♥的土地里造火箭
No. He said no more rockets on company property.
你知道公♥司♥土地范围延伸到多远吗
Do you realize how far we’d have to go to get off company property?
知道 我们得到蛇根镇去
Yeah. We have to go to Snakeroot.
蛇根镇 有八英里远呢
Snakeroot? That’s eight miles.
没那么远 大不了就走着去
It’s not that far. I mean, we could walk if we have to.
走着去 真是个好主意
Oh, walk. That’s a fantastic idea.
-出发吧 -醒醒吧 霍默
– Let’s go! Come on! – Wake the hell up, will ya, Homer?
我们赢得科学展览的几率
I got about as much chance of winnin’ that science fair
和你得到足球奖学金的几率一样小
as you do winnin’ a football scholarship.
我注定会当矿工
I know I’m gonna be a miner.
已经认命了
I’ve known my entire life.
而且挖煤有什么不好的
What the hell’s so bad about minin’ coal?
不 罗伊·李 挖煤很棒
Nothin’, Roy Lee. Coal minin’s great.
棒到让你继父成为西佛吉尼亚头号♥酒鬼了
That’s why your step daddy’s the biggest drunk in West Virginia.
想想吧 伙计们 你们清楚挖煤是一条死路
I mean, come on, guys! You know the mine’ll kill ya.
你们知道奥戴尔他爸是怎么死的吗
Did you ever hear the story about how O’Dell’s dad died?
-霍默 别说了行吗 -住口 霍默
– Homer, will you forget it, man? – Shut up, Homer.
一片碎石正中他的颈部
A piece of slate caught him right in the neck
干净利落地斩下了他的头
and it cut his head clear off.
-混♥蛋♥ -来啊
– Bitch! – Come on!
奥戴尔
O’Dell!
放开我
Get off of me!
伙计们 52号♥公路在哪儿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!