John?
生日快乐 霍默
Oh, happy birthday, Homer.
我在邮箱里还找到了这个
And I got this in the mail.
一定是奶奶寄来的礼物
Must be a present from Grandma.
是一张签名照
Oh, it’s an autographed picture.
奶奶的吗 还不如寄双袜子
Of Grandma? Rather get socks.
沃纳·冯·布劳恩
Wernher Von Braun.
他怎么会知道今天是你生日
Well, wonder how he knew it was your birthday.
估计他不知道
I don’t reckon he did.
亲爱的霍默 祝贺你的火箭建造取得进展
“Dear Homer, congratulations on your rocket building.
继续你的学业 或许有一天
Continue your education and maybe one day…
小子 你最好还是对自己的家乡上上心
Boy, you better take an interest in your own damn town.
而不是把时间浪费在
Instead of wastin’your time,
沃纳·冯·布劳恩和什么卡纳维拉尔角上
worryin’about Wernher von Braun and, uh, uh, Cape Canaveral.
约翰 今天是他的生日
John, it’s his birthday.
好吧 霍默
All right, Homer. Uh…
霍默 最近矿里又开始闹罢♥工♥了
Homer, there’s strike talk startin’ up again.
-你♥爸♥他 -我知道 他日夜操劳
– Your father’s… – Yeah, he’s got a lot on his mind.
我才懒得管呢
Yeah, well, I don’t give a damn.
《导弹设计原理》
“Principles of Guided Missile Design.”
之前劳沃特斯小姐帮你订了这书 现在才到
I had Miss Waters order it for you a while back, and it just came.
书里的数学对你来说太高深了 对我也是
I know the math is too advanced for you. It is for me too.
要涉及到微积分 微分方程
There’s calculus, differential equations…
不 我会努力学习数学
No, I’ll learn the math.
太棒了 莱利老师 我会好好学
This is great, Miss Riley. I’ll learn everything.
这是我收到的最棒的礼物
It’s the best present that anyone’s ever given me.
谢谢您 我得拿给他们几个看看
Thank you. I’m gonna show the guys.
-昆汀看到会发疯 -天哪 希卡姆
– Well, Quentin will probably go cra… – Goodness gracious, Hickam.
-走路看着点 -就
– Watch where you’re goin’. – Just…
-这是哪儿来的 -我给他的
– Where’d you get this? – I gave it to him.
再见 莱利老师
Bye, Miss Riley.
莱利小姐 我们的工作
Miss Riley, our job is to
是教育孩子读书 而不是让他们白日做梦
give these kids an education, not false hopes.
白日梦
False hopes?
你想让我眼睁睁
Do you want me to sit quiet,
看着他们的余生都吸着煤矿粉尘度过吗
let ’em breathe in coal dust the rest of their life?
莱利小姐 每隔一阵
Miss Riley, once in a while,
就有幸运儿拿到足球奖学金离开这里
a lucky one will get out on a football scholarship.
而其他学生注定要成为矿工
The rest of’em work in the mines.
我相信那些不是”幸运儿”的学生
How about I believe in the unlucky ones, hmm?
我一直相信 特纳先生 不然我会疯掉
I have to, Mr. Turner, or I’d go out of my mind.
很好 很好 霍默
It’s good, it’s good. Hey, Homer.
生日快乐 儿子
Happy birthday, son.
有好消息告诉你 霍默
Got some good news for you, Homer.
跟西弗吉尼亚大学的
Say hello to Fred Smith
弗雷德·史密斯打个招呼
from the University of West Virginia.
-你好 霍默 -你好 先生
– Hello, Homer. – Hi, sir.
史密斯先生想让吉姆参加他们学校的球队
Mr. Smith wants Jim to play football there.
并提供全额奖学金
He’s offerin’ him a full scholarship.
恭喜了 吉姆
Well, congratulations, Jim.
你踢球吗 孩子
Do you play ball, son?
不 霍默是搞火箭的 那种咻一声上天的
No, Homer shoots off rockets. Whoosh and all that st…
火箭我可不在行 孩子
Well, rockets are not exactly my field, son,
如果你努力发奋的话没准也能上大学
but maybe if you work hard, you’ll go to college too.
-拿科幻小说奖学金吧 -吉姆
– Yeah, on a science fiction scholarship, maybe. – Jim.
尊敬的冯·布劳恩博士
Dear Dr. Von Braun,
谢谢您给寄来的签名照
thank you for the autographed picture.
它会激励我继续努力
It will only further inspire me to keep working toward
以参加今年春季的科学展览
our all-important goal of entering that science fair this spring.
我们今天要发射一枚火箭
We’re shootin’ off a rocket today.
你也来一起看看吧
I th-thought you’d like to come see it.
我还有工作要忙
I gotta catch up on some work.
为什么吉姆有足球赛时你就不用工作
Ho-How come, how come you never have work when Jim plays football?
他的球赛你从没缺席过
You never miss a game.
你们什么时候发射
What time are you gonna do it?
四点左右吧
Like 4 o’clock.
我不敢保证能去
Uh, I can’t promise you…
又有人挖得太靠近基柱了
Somebody pulled a pillar too close.

Yeah?
感谢上帝 马上就到
Well, thank God for that. Yeah, right now.
没人受伤
Nobody hurt.
加油 火箭小子们
Go, Rocket Boys
十 九 八 七
Ten! Nine, eight, seven,
六 五
six, five,
四 三 二
four, three, two,
一 发射
one, liftoff!
找到了吗 能看见不
You got it? Can you see?
-没呢 -在那儿呢 看见没
– Uh, no. – Yes. See it?
-看到了 -用时多少
– Yeah, I see it. – What’s the time?
-差不多十二秒 -哪一位是霍默·希卡姆
– Looks like 12 seconds. – Which one of you fellas is Homer Hickam?
我是 先生
Um, it’s me, sir.
我是布鲁菲尔德电讯报的瓦西里·索普
I’m Basil Thorpe with the Bluefield Telegraph.
能回答几个问题吗
Can I ask you a few questions?
当然
Sure.
银色的火箭在
“The silvery cylinder burst forth
炫目的火花和烟雾中直冲云霄
in a fiery column of smoke and flame,
在天空中与风竞走
“Racing the very wind as it soared into the sky,
这是大溪镇火箭小子们的标志
“A messenger of these Rocket Boys of Big Creek
这些年轻人运用了智慧而非蛮力
“These boys who use their brains, not brawn,
不热衷于足球却以阿波罗之火为乐
who play not football, but with Apollo’s fire.”
嗨 霍默
Hi, Homer.
-嗨 桃乐茜 -能帮我在报纸上签个名吗
– Hi, Dorothy. – Would you please sign my newspaper?
当然
Sure.
我就知道你总有一天会出人头地的
I just know you’re gonna be really famous someday.
霍默
H-o-m-e-r.
你们谁是霍默·希卡姆
Which one of you fellas is Homer Hickam?
借过 借过
Excuse me. Excuse me.
-纳税人为此花费了…-怎么了
– Which cost the taxpayers… – What in the world is goin’ on?
莱利小姐 这和你没关系
Miss Riley, this does not concern you.
你居然把这些孩子们铐起来了
You have these boys in handcuffs.
你居然把他们在学校里铐起来 特纳先生
You have these boys in handcuffs in a high school, Mr. Turner.
知道上周韦尔奇旁森林着火的事故吧
You probably heard about the forest fire last week over by Welch.
-大量木材被焚毁 -特纳先生
– A lot of timber went up. – Mr. Turner,
请你立即摘了他们的手铐
you take these handcuffs off these boys.
他们在路旁发现了一枚火箭
They found a rocket on the side of the road.
火灾已经确定由它引起
We knew it started the fire, ma’am.
但我们无法确定这火箭是哪儿来的
What we didn’t know is where it came from,
直到今早
till this morning.
希卡姆先生 你能澄清你所有火箭的去向吗
Mr. Hickam, can you account for all your rockets?
不 先生 我不能
No, sir. I can’t.
若不是因为你未成年 你会被关到州监狱去
If you weren’t a minor, you’d be in the state penitentiary.
-我知道 爸 -霍默 我以前不了解你
– I know, Dad. I… – Homer, I’ve been confused by you,
我也曾对你发过脾气
I’ve been mad as hell at you.
但这是我第一次为你感到羞耻
But, boy, it’s the first time in your life I’ve been ashamed of you.
就是不听话是吧 他妈的
You couldn’t stop, man. You couldn’t!
上车 霍默
Get in the car, Homer!
霍默 上车
Homer, get in the car.
草包 我他妈打死你
Idiot! I ought to goddamn kill ya.
现在可不在矿上 希卡姆 这不关你事
We ain’t at the mine now. Hickham This ain’t your business.
去车上和霍默等着 孩子
You get in the car with Homer, son.
听好了 你个混♥蛋♥醉鬼
You listen to me, you drunken son of a bitch.
那孩子的父亲要还活着肯定饶不了你
If that boy’s father was alive, he’d kick your ass.
我只好帮他代劳了
So I’m gonna have to do it for him.
他身上有淤青 你身上就会皮开肉绽
If I see him with a bruise, you get a scar.
他要是跛了脚 你就等着拄拐吧
If I see him with a limp, you get crutches!
听清楚没 问你听清楚没
You hear me? Do you hear me?
我要把你告到工会去
You know, I’m reportin’ you to the union!
去你♥妈♥的♥工会
Screw you and your damn union.
你父亲生前是我手下最好的员工
Your father was one of the best men I ever had workin’ for me.
我很荣幸能结识他
I was lucky to know him.
走吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!