但至少他是你儿子啊 天哪 约翰
but he’s your son, for God’s sake, John.
我只求你能帮帮他
And I am askin’ you to help him.
你要是不帮 我就离开你
If you don’t, I’ll leave you.
我会另谋生路 不择手段离开这里
I’ll find work. I’ll do whatever it takes to get away from here.
就算住树洞里我也要离你远远的
I’ll live in a tree to get away from you.
别以为我不敢
Don’t you think I won’t.
你要去哪儿
Where would you go?
默特尔海滩
Myrtle Beach.
大家都清楚这只是扬汤止沸
I guess we all know this isn’t gonna fix things,
至少不是长久之计
uh, at least not for long.
我们知道你已经尽力而为了
We know you did what you could for us.
杰克 谢谢
Jake. Thanks.
莱昂
Leon.
在 约翰
Yes, John.
你不有活儿要干吗
Don’t you have some work to do?
已经打包寄过去了
It’s packed and shipped and on its way.
明早八点去车站领吧
Be at the bus station, 8:00 A.M.
-好的 妈 不过你怎么 -你♥爸♥帮的忙 霍默
– Okay, Mom, but how’d you… – Your father, Homer.
-是你♥爸♥帮的忙 -给他们点颜色瞧瞧 霍默
– It was your father. – Give ’em hell, Homer!
-祝你好运 亲爱的 -再见
– Good luck, sweetie. – Bye.
谢了 老爸
Thanks, Dad.
火箭推进剂燃烧时 会产生一束气流
When the rocket propellant burns, it produces a river of gas,
穿过喷管的锥形渐缩区域
which flows through the convergent section of the nozzle.
当气流持续通过喷管时
If the river continues through the nozzle,
但以小于音速的速度通过喷管窄喉处
but through the throat at less than sonic speed,
即比音速慢的速度
that is to say, less than the speed of sound,
它就会在喷管扩张段被压缩
it becomes compact in the… compacted in the divergent section,
在喷管约束下变得混乱无序
bound in turmoil and inefficient.
莱尔·韦尔斯和让·库珀
Lyle Wells and Jean Cooper,
代表俄勒冈 麦克明维尔的施拉德高中
Schrader High School, McMinnville, Oregon.
女士们先生们 激动人心的时刻到了
Now, ladies and gentlemen, the big moment.
科学类最高学术成就奖
The Highest Scholastic Achievement Award for Science.
国家科学展览的一等奖得主是
The National Science Fair first prize gold medal goes to
霍默·希卡姆 昆汀·威尔逊
Homer Hickam, Quentin Wilson,
罗伊·李·库克和谢尔曼·奥戴尔
Roy Lee Cook and Sherman O’Dell,
代表西弗吉尼亚 麦克道尔郡的大溪镇高中
Big Creek High School, McDowell County, West Virginia.
我是弗吉尼亚州立大学的汤姆·韦伯斯特
Tom Webster of Virginia State College.
希望和你谈谈奖学金的事
I wanna talk to you about a scholarship.
我是弗吉尼亚科技大学的杰克·帕尔默
Jack Palmer, Virginia Tech.
我们有州里最棒的科学研究项目 伙计
We got the best science program in the state, buddy, okay?
恭喜你 孩子 祝你好运
Congratulations, son. Good luck to you.
-他给你说了些什么 -谁
– What did he say to you? – What did who say?
冯·布劳恩啊 沃纳·冯·布劳恩
Von Braun. That was Wernher Von Braun.
你刚和他握了手
You just shook his hand.
-霍默 我真为你感到自豪 -谢谢 妈妈
– Oh, Homer, I’m so proud of you. – Thanks, Mom.
他没来 亲爱的
He’s not here, hon.
莱利老师呢
Where’s Miss Riley?
您好 莱利老师
Hello, Miss Riley.
你好 霍默
Hi, Homer.
你成功了
Oh! You did it!
就知道你一定能行的
I knew you would.
火箭小子们要上大学了
The Rocket Boys are goin’ to college.
我们都得到了奖学金
We all got scholarships.
从现在开始每个学年
And you know what? From now on, every school year,
我都会向我新的学生们夸耀
I’m gonna brag to all my new students about
我怎么教出了霍默·希卡姆和火箭小子们
how I taught Homer Hickam and the Rocket Boys.
或许有一天
Maybe one day,
他们中的某一个也会立志向你们学习
one of them’ll feel like they can do what y’all did.
这种事情是需要时间的
You know, just, stuff like that takes time.
让我下车行吗
Will you let me out?
他们为了这种泵找奥尔加公♥司♥要钱
What are they doin, charging Olga for that. That kind of pump!
该死的 我得去给他们擦屁♥股♥了
Hell, I’m going to salvage something up here.
-爸 -你好 霍默
– Hey, Dad. Hi. – Hello, Homer.
只是想告诉您
I just wanted to tell you
我十分感谢您所帮的忙
how much I appreciate what you did for me.
我知道不容易 谢谢
I know it wasn’t easy for you, so thank you.
今天下午五点我们要发射最后一枚火箭
A-And we’re shootin’ off our last rocket today at 5:00,
-要是你能来看 -我还有一堆工作要忙
– so if you’d like to come see it… – I got a lot of work to do.
好吧 就是问问
All right. Well, I just thought I’d ask.
听说你遇到你的大英雄了
Hear you met your big hero.
当时自己却没认出来
Didn’t even know it.
我们对事情总有不同的看法
Look, I know you and me don’t exactly see eye to eye on certain things.
几乎所有的事情都是
I mean, we don’t see eye to eye on just about anything.
但是爸爸 我相信
But Dad, I come to believe
自己在这个世界上能有一番作为
that I got it in me to be somebody in this world.
不是因为我俩如此的不同
A-And it’s not because I’m so different from you either.
而正因为我和您有着同一种信念
It’s ’cause I’m the same.
和您一样顽固 和您一样不屈
You know, I can be just as hardheaded and just as tough.
我只希望我能成为像您这样优秀的人
I only hope I can be as good a man as you are.
的确
I mean, sure,
冯·布劳恩博士是个伟大的科学家
Dr. Von Braun’s a great scientist,
但他并不是我的英雄
but he isn’t my hero.
献给莱利老师
-这是咱们最后一枚火箭了 -来发射吧
– It’s our last rocket. – Yeah, let’s do it.
-帮我接好线行吗 我过去一下 -好
– Wire it up for me, will ya? I gotta do something. – Yeah.
-嗨 霍默 -嗨
– Hi, Homer. – Hi.
-恭喜你们赢得科学展 -谢谢
– Congratulations on winning the science fair. – Thanks.
这一定是这儿有史以来最轰动的一件事
It’s gotta be the most exciting thing that’s ever happened around here.
我想 霍默 你要是有空
Um, I was thinking, Homer, if, if you’ve got some time…
-抱歉 桃乐茜 嗨 -嗨
– Excuse me, Dorothy. Hi. – Hi.
-祝你好运 -谢谢
– Good luck. – Thanks.
各位 请听我们说几句好吗
Hey, everybody, can we have your attention, please?
快点 霍默 发射火箭吧
Come on, Homer, let her fly!
稍后就发射火箭
We’re gonna launch the rocket in a minute,
但我们要先感谢大家
but we’d like to say thank you first.
如果没有在场的各位
If it wasn’t for y’all,
我们不可能有机会参加科学展览
we’d never have gotten into any science fair.
最多也就能炸掉我妈妈的篱笆罢了
We’d probably never have gotten past blowin’ up my mom’s fence.
但我们做到了
But we did…
因为大家的帮助和支持
because of your help and support.
这个奖是属于煤林的
And this is for Coalwood.
特别感谢在我们建立自信前
There are a few people who believed in us
就坚信我们能成功的人
even before we did.
在此我们谨将这枚火箭献给他们
We’d like to dedicate this rocket to them.
献给艾克·柏科夫斯基先生
To Ike Bykovsky.
献给帮了我们大忙的伯登先生
To Mr. Bolden, who helped us so much.
献给最初启迪我们的
To the person who first inspired us,
尊敬的莱利老师
our teacher, Miss Riley.
最后 我希望将这枚火箭献给我的母亲和
And, finally, I’d like to dedicate this rocket to my mom and to…
父亲
my dad.
得有人按钮火箭才飞得起来
You know, it, uh, won’t fly unless somebody pushes the button.
希望您来发射它
It’s yours, if you want it.
十 九 八
Ten, nine, eight,
七 六 五
seven, six, five,
四 三 二 一
four, three, two, one.
看看这火箭 霍默 这家伙得飞几英里高
Look at it go, Homer. This one’s gonna go for miles.
火箭小子们全部从大学毕业
昆汀成为石油业化学工程师
罗伊·李成为汽车代理商以及银行家
奥戴尔成为牧场主人并拥有保险公♥司♥
艾希·希卡姆于1979年退休 并在卡罗来纳南部的默特尔海滩养老
芙蕾达·莱利死于霍德金氏淋巴瘤 年仅31岁
约翰·希卡姆于1976年死于黑肺病
1965年煤林镇地♥产♥被拍卖♥♥ 其矿场永远地关闭了
霍默·希卡姆成为美国国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局工程师 为航♥天♥飞机任务计划宇航员

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!